Today, most supermarkets put frozen products on store shelves. This move allows you to increase the duration of storage, while the useful properties of the product remain unchanged. However, in order to fully enjoy the gourmet fish-based dish, it is important to defrost the raw materials properly. Experienced hostesses through trial and error brought out effective ways that will help to carry out the procedure without compromising quality. Consider the important aspects in order, we give recommendations.
Choosing a quality product
- By and large, it's easier to get fresh fish, not frozen ones. However, this option is not everyone can afford. As a rule, sea fish is delivered to the store shelves after an emergency freeze. River can be found in the living.
- It is difficult to choose a quality frozen product, because you get a block of ice. Through the packaging, the carcass looks poorly, it is difficult to understand whether it was thawed earlier or not. If so, in the end, after all the manipulations, you will have a mash of pulp.
- It is strictly not recommended to purchase frozen products on the market, in particular, from unverified suppliers. Since the flesh of the fish is very tender, it requires careful handling. It is forbidden to freeze and thaw the composition several times.
Effective ways to defrost fish
There are several effective ways in which you can defrost fish at home without compromising quality. Consider them in order.
Method number 1. Lower shelf of the refrigerator
- Method of defrosting fish under natural conditions is considered to be the most correct. The process is not particularly difficult, but it is quite slow. In order to properly carry out the procedure you need to prepare a plastic basin or other dishes with thin walls and bottom (suitable aluminum pan).
- Place the fish in a container, make several holes in the package. If the fish was purchased at the market, you must first place it in a thin food package. Some housewives prefer to send the carcass unpacked, in this case, you need to wrap the pelvis with food film. It is important not to obvetrivaniya product.
- When you carry out the preparatory manipulations, put a basin on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. In this section, the temperature does not fall below +3 degrees, so the defrost will take place evenly.
- Since the method is considered the slowest, the duration of the procedure varies from 6 to 9 hours. It all depends on the size of the carcass and the degree of freezing. In some cases, defrosting is faster, but we recommend leaving the fish overnight.
Method number 2. Salt solution
- The salt solution helps to quickly thaw the fish, but the option is more suitable for marine life. The fact is that the salt sucks the liquid from the carcass, so the finished dish can be dry. This method can defrost fatty fish, which will later be used for marinating, smoking, baking, frying or stewing.
- To prepare the solution, mix 25 gr. coarse rock salt with 1.2 liters. filtered warm water. Dissolve the crystals, pour the liquid into a plastic container or other container with a lid.
- Remove the fish from the packaging, send it to the water with salt, cover, but leave a small gap. You can keep the carcass at room temperature or, as in the previous case, put the container on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- If the fillet or small fish steaks are thawed, the procedure will take 1.5-2 hours. In the case of larger specimens or medium-sized carcasses, you will need about 4 hours at room temperature and 6 hours when defrosting in a refrigerator.
Method number 3. Running water
- Prepare 4-5 plastic bags, make sure that they do not have holes. Remove the fish from the original packaging, mix it in bags and tie. Such a move will prevent the ingress of water, which can spoil the quality of the fish (the carcass will become “cotton”, tasteless).
- Then you can do in two ways: prepare a large basin or use the usual kitchen sink. Fill the cavity with cold (preferably ice cold) water, send a packet of fish into the liquid.
- It is important to periodically change the water to create circulation. If you do not mind the water, you can let the water flow directly from the tap. In this way, flow will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- The duration of defrosting depends on the initial size of the fish. The procedure should be continued until the carcass is soft, pliable. As a rule, 1–1.5 hours is enough, in some cases (fish weighing 2 kg or more), defrosting is achieved after 3 hours.
- This technique is considered one of the fastest and safest. Ultimately, the fish will not lose useful qualities, so that you will be able to enjoy the taste and texture. It is important to remember forever that under no circumstances should the product be placed in warm or hot water.
Method number 4. Microwave
Method number 5. Hair dryer
- No matter how trite it may sound, but in the absence of a microwave oven or the inability to use other methods, some housewives resort to using an ordinary hair dryer. There is an opinion that the way is designed by blondes, but defrosting in this way does not depend on the hair color of the hostess.
- In order to carry out the procedure correctly, it is necessary to take a hairdryer and set a cold mode on it (the “Snowflake” button). It is also important to turn on the device not on a very high airflow, otherwise the fish will wear out.
- Choose a plastic or glass container of medium depth. Place the fish in a plastic bag and leave a hole with a diameter of 5-7 cm. Direct the dryer to the carcass, keeping a distance of about 25 cm.
- Move the device, guiding it over the fish body with smooth movements. Turn off the dryer periodically so that it does not overheat. As practice shows, the procedure takes about 30-40 minutes, it all depends on the size of the frozen product.
It is easy to defrost the fish at home, if you have sufficient knowledge about the available methods. The longest thawing option involves the use of the lower shelf of the refrigerator. Fast methods include defrosting with a hair dryer, using a microwave oven or brine. Make sure that the carcass is thawed no longer than the specified period, otherwise the fish will lose its beneficial properties and become unsuitable for consumption.
The fish fillet is very tender in structure, and if it is defrosted improperly, it will simply begin to disintegrate. Then about any delicate dish we can no longer talk. Usually this process takes from 3 to 12 hours, but it can be quite accelerated.
Here are some effective ways.
In the microwave
Technologies do not stand still, and today there is a quick defrost function in almost every microwave. Depending on the weight of the product, the process can take from 10 to 30 minutes.
It is important not to forget to periodically turn the carcass over so that it thaws evenly. Otherwise, on the one hand, it can “fry”, and on the other, remain “in the arms of” ice.
That it was convenient to clean and carve the carcass, do not wait until it becomes completely soft.
The fish must be placed in a clean package without holes, securely tie. The less water gets inside, the better the meat will retain its taste and density.
Next, the package should be placed in a large container with cold water, and leave for 1-3 hours. Ideally, if the water in the tank is flowing, so the defrosting time is significantly reduced.
The main prohibition in this case is hot water. It turns the fillet into a soft porridge without a pronounced taste.
Surely, we all remember how ice melts when sprinkled with salt. This trick can be used to get rid of the ice crust on the fish.
The only "but" in this method - it is not suitable for low-fat varieties. Salt can make them too dry.
For the solution you will need (for 1 kg of fish) 1 l of water and 1 tbsp. salt. Carcasses are placed in it, the lid is closed tightly, and left for 1-2 hours.
On the water bath
Defrosting thus better small carcasses or steaks. Boil water in a saucepan, put steaks in a colander and put in a saucepan. Turning over periodically, wait for thawing. It usually takes about 40 minutes.
We hope our tips will help you prepare a wonderful meal on time. The main thing - do it with pleasure!
Quick defrosting rules
The standard defrosting process takes a lot of time. It happens that there is practically no time for thawing, and dinner time is already approaching. Then you need to weigh all the disadvantages and advantages of quick defrosting of the product, and then make the right choice. In order not to damage the product, it is necessary to take into account some features of thawing of the fish carcass.
- Whatever method of defrosting is used, the meat will still change its structure. Therefore, expensive varieties of fish should not be bought frozen.
- Defrosting should not be done completely. The product will begin to break down into fibers and become shapeless. If a carcass cutting is subsequently required, leave the fish slightly dense.
- The best way to defrost thawing is considered to be on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. So the carcass will be less deformed and will retain its beneficial properties as much as possible.
- The selection during the thawing of a large amount of juice indicates an incorrectly chosen method of thawing the product. After cooking, the meat will be dry and tasteless.
- Defrosting with cold water is quite effective, but all the nutrients and taste are washed out with liquid.
Do I need to defrost the fish before cooking and baking?
Thawed fish should be in order to ensure that after cooking it is not raw inside. In some cases, you can avoid prolonged thawing of the carcass and proceed immediately to cooking.
When it is necessary to boil the fish, no prior defrosting is required.
Such methods of heat treatment require more time than the preparation of thawed pieces.
Normal water will easily melt the snow with a delicious fish carcass. If the precious resource is not a pity, you can put the fish directly under the stream of cold water. It will take a long time - about 1.5 hours.
A more economical option is to lay the carcass in a container with water. Periodically, you can drain the fluid, replacing it with a new one.
If it is unbearable, then you can use defrosting in cold water, the fillets are pre-placed in several plastic bags.
Microwave is available in any kitchen. Such household appliances will help in a few minutes to defrost. The only negative is that you won't put a big fish inside the oven.
Before sending frozen pieces in the microwave, they must be washed in cool water and dried with a paper towel. For defrosting, use a special mode with reduced power.
In order for the fish to melt evenly, it is necessary to open the oven every 5 minutes and turn the carcass over.
Instead of a double boiler, you can easily use a slow cooker. The method is gentle. Such defrosting is suitable for fish that are subsequently cooked. You can combine the healthy with the pleasant, and after a gradual defrosting in a double boiler, immediately steam it.
It is necessary to defrost a product, having established the program with the minimum heating of a bowl on the crock-pot. On the complete thawing of the carcass takes about 20 minutes.
If the fish is covered with a layer of ice, then you can sprinkle plenty of salt on the surface of the carcass. When all the ice has melted, it is necessary to proceed to further cutting the meat. The disadvantage of this method is to defrost only the surface layer. For the carcass to melt inside, you must wait some more time.
Thaw pieces can be using warm air. To do this, put on the stove a large pot of water. As soon as the liquid boils, turn down the heat as much as possible. Place a colander and a smaller fish container on top of the pot. After some time, it is necessary to turn the pieces so that their defrosting occurs evenly.
Pieces spread on a paper towel for further drying.
Use the oven to defrost fish should be very careful. There is a great risk that the surface of the carcass will dry out, and inside it will remain completely damp. Therefore, thawing fish pieces should be done at a temperature not exceeding 30 °. Unfortunately, not all ovens have such characteristics.
More often on modern ovens there is an additional program for defrosting products.
The approximate time of defrosting fish is 15 minutes.
The method is quite funny, but fast. When there is no special equipment for defrosting fish, even a hair dryer is suitable for drying hair. In order to melt a carcass, it is necessary to install on the instrument a regime having a cold air flow. The main thing here is not to set too high speed. This is fraught with the fact that the surface of the fish will be weathered.
The fish is placed in a plastic bag, and a small hole is left at the exit, through which air is directed to the carcass. You can periodically smoothly move the dryer to evenly blow the fish.
The entire defrosting process takes about 40 minutes.
Prohibited defrosting techniques
To preserve the appearance of the fish and the remaining nutrients, there are some rules for defrosting a carcass. In no case can not:
- to replace cold water with warm and, especially hot,
- bend the carcass of fish from side to side
- leave the fish open, not covered with foil.
The shelf life of fillets in the refrigerator
Fish, as well as meat, is not recommended to be stored after defrosting. After direct thawing of the carcass should immediately begin cooking.
If it is nevertheless necessary to postpone the cutting of the thawed carcass, then the maximum storage time in the refrigerator should not exceed 2 hours.
Moreover, pieces of fish must be placed in a food container and tightly close it with a lid. Alternatively, instead of the container, a damp cloth is used in which the carcass is wrapped.
Thawed fillets should not be stored under any conditions. The fibers will lose their shape, and the fish - taste.
Is it possible to freeze again?
There are cases when the amount of thawed fish turned out to be superfluous. Out of habit, the remaining fish pieces are sent back to the freezer. It is absolutely impossible to do. After the second defrosting, the carcass will turn into a shapeless mass that does not have flavor.
When a fish is frozen, it is permanently protected from the onset of bacteria by negative temperature.
Their long stay on the fish leads to its damage. Therefore, you need to defrost as much of the product as you need to cook for lunch.
Mindfulness and slowness are the main assistants in defrosting fish. Using good advice to save the hostess from damage to the product and spending money on the acquisition of a huge carcass.
Standard defrosting requires quite a lot of time. It happens that the hostess does not have enough time for natural thawing. In this case, it is necessary to weigh all the pros and cons of quickly defrosting the fish, and then make a choice.
Tips and tricks
In order not to spoil the product, you need to pay attention to a number of features:
- With any method of defrosting the structure of the meat necessarily changes. Because you should not buy expensive varieties of fish in a frozen state.
- It is undesirable to make a full defrost, otherwise the product will lose its shape due to disintegration into fibers.
- The most optimal defrosting option is defrosting on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator. Так рыба сохранит большую часть полезных качеств и не будет подвержена значительной деформации.
- Обильное выделение сока из продукта при оттаивании говорит о неправильно подобранном методе размораживания. После готовки мясо будет невкусным и слишком сухим.
- Defrosting with cold water is very effective, but in this case, the taste and beneficial trace elements will be leached out with the liquid.
How to defrost fish before baking and boiling? Thawing fish is needed in orderso that after cooking the meat is not raw from the inside. Sometimes long thawing can be avoided by immediately starting cooking.
In the event that there is a boiling of fish, then there is no need to defrost. The most important thing - wash and clean the carcass. This also applies to baking.
Rapid thawing can negatively affect the taste of fish. Therefore, these methods should be resorted to only when absolutely necessary, when there really is no time for natural defrosting.
In order to preserve the beneficial properties and appearance of the product, there are a number of rules for thawing a carcass. So, it is undesirable at this:
- Change cool water to hot or warm
- Bend the fish carcass in different directions,
- Leave the product open, that is, without film.
Ordinary water can easily melt the frost with fish. If the liquid is not sorry, then the fish carcass can be placed directly under the water jet. This will take about one and a half hours. A more economical solution involves placing fish in a vessel with cold water. Liquid should be changed from time to time.
The carcass cannot be poured with warm liquid, otherwise the product will be spoiled - the piece will lose its shape.
Defrosting in a microwave or a double boiler.
Microwave is almost all housewives. Such kitchen appliances are very useful for defrosting. The disadvantages include the fact that inside the device you can not put a large fish carcass for subsequent frying.
Before thawing in the microwave, the product must be washed with cold water and dried with paper. There is a special function for defrosting with reduced power ratings. So that the carcass melted evenly, you need to turn it every five minutes, opening the oven door.
Defrosting using a double boiler is an extremely gentle technique. This method of defrosting is often used for fish that need to be cooked. For convenience, you can immediately make a delicious steamed fish dish after thawing in a double boiler. In this case, you do not have to wrestle with how to cook frozen fish.
To thaw a carcass on a slow cooker or a double boiler, the minimum possible heating should be set. It will take about twenty minutes to defrost the product.
Thawing table salt.
If you do not have a microwave oven, then it will be useful for you to learn how to quickly defrost fish without a microwave. In that case, if there is an ice layer on the surface of the product, it can be sprinkled with ground salt. After melting the ice, you can begin cutting the carcass. The minus of this technique - only the outer layer is exposed to thawing. For full defrosting you need to wait a little more time.
Warm air also helps housewives who think about how to quickly defrost mackerel. For this purpose you need place a volume container (pan) with water on the gas stove. After the water begins to boil, you need to set the flame to a minimum. A colander and a smaller pan, where the fish should lie, should be placed on the pot. Turn the pieces from time to time to evenly defrost them.
To ensure thawing, a piece can be pierced with a knife or fork. If the fillet is soft, then the defrost can be considered complete.
Defrosting the product in the oven.
Use the oven for this purpose should be very carefully and carefully. There is a huge risk that the surface of the fish will dry out and the inside will remain damp. Because defrosting in the oven should be carried out at a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees Celsius. However, not all ovens have such parameters.
Many modern ovens have a special defrosting program. The approximate duration of the thawing of fish varies from fifteen to twenty minutes.
With a hair dryer and cold air.
This is a very funny, but fast way. If there are no special devices and devices for defrosting fish at hand, then a hair dryer can be used for this purpose. In order for the carcass to begin to thaw, you need to set the cold air supply mode on the device. The most important thing here is to avoid high speed, otherwise the surface of the product will be severely chapped.
The product is placed in a polyethylene bag, in which a small hole is created to supply air to the fish. Hair dryer can be periodically moved to blow the carcass evenly. Defrosting with this device will take no more than an hour.
Fish carcasses, as well as traditional meat, it is better not to keep in the refrigerator after thawing. After defrosting, it is advisable to use the entire product. If, nevertheless, there is a need to postpone the product, then the deadline for its storage in the refrigerating chamber does not exceed two to three hours.
Fish pieces should be placed in a special sealed container or wrap the carcass with a damp cloth. Thawed fish fillets cannot be stored at all. Fibers lose their shape, and the product itself - taste, be it pollack or pink salmon.
It happens that the number of carcasses that have already begun to defrost was too large. Most housewives immediately send unwanted pieces back to the freezer. This should not be allowed. After the next defrosting, the carcass will completely lose its shape and taste.. In addition, when freezing fish, the product is provided with protection against the development of bacteria due to the negative temperature.
After thawing the carcass on it can appear harmful microorganisms, which are oftenlead to its damage. Therefore, it is necessary to defrost just as much fish as is needed to prepare a dish. Unhurriedness, accuracy and attentiveness are the main allies in the matter of defrosting fish.
Choosing a quality frozen product
When purchasing industrial-frozen fish, choose a quality product. Shock-freeze fish retains its defrosting properties in a dry or wet manner and at the same time loses the minimum mass percentage. It is possible to recognize which product is of high quality by the following features:
- solid, and not in a bar of ice with a dry method of freezing, covered with a thin layer of ice - with a wet,
- the eyes of the fish are clear and not dull.
When choosing a frozen product should also pay attention to such points:
- Do not buy fish for future use to avoid repeated defrosting. It is preferable to choose medium-sized fish or fillets.
- Before shopping, rate the quality of the fish as much as possible. Inside the package there should be no sticky pieces of fish or ice crystals, but can be covered with a thin icy glaze.
Signs of high-quality frozen fish - a pleasant natural smell, clear eyes, red or pink gills.
Factors affecting the choice of defrosting method
Without prior defrosting, the result is unexpected: the fish can dry out, stay inside raw or even turn into a mash. But it is allowed not to thaw mackerel, horse mackerel, small fish (navaga, capelin), semi-finished products. So they are easier to clean and gut, and the finished dish will delight the taste. Proper thawing of the product is half the battle in preparing the dish. True, you have to wait from 8 hours to days. The following factors affect the defrosting rate:
- size and type of fish,
- the way of cutting (gutted, fillet, briquette, steak),
- duration and conditions of freezing (by the piece or by block, briquette),
- freezing type - raw or boiled (blanks for babies),
- freezing temperature.
As recommended to thaw salted and smoked fish at home
In defrosting smoked and salted fish, there are also subtleties. Smoked fish thaw in stages:
- Put the fish in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
- Remove and leave at room temperature until thawing.
Defrosting salted fish has separate standards. Requirements require soaking it up to 12-14 hours in cold water, which, in turn, should be changed at least 4 times. Soaked salted fish can not be stored. It should be immediately sent for heat treatment.
SanPiN 2.3.6 107901.
It is not possible to find out the freezing temperature of fish purchased, but in the case of home freezing, everything is much more obvious: for a quick freeze product, defrosting in a microwave oven is preferable, and cold water is frozen for a frozen freezer in a household freezer. In any case, the universal way of natural thawing in the refrigerator.
Fish that has been stored for a long time can be thawed in steam or in a combined way - first in water or in air, and then in salted water. This will help reduce the loss of juices.
Please note that fish that are frozen with a significant delay and products of multiple defrosting should not be eaten due to the risk of poisoning. The bad quality of the fish will be indicated by an unpleasant smell during defrosting.
What method to use for defrosting pollock and other fish preparations for infants
The best way to defrost pollock and other low-fat saltwater fish used as complementary foods for infants is natural thawing in the refrigerator. Whole carcasses can be put in salted cold water. To preserve the nutrients, the taste and structure of the fish, the fillets are not recommended to be thawed in water, especially warm or hot.
Ways to defrost fish
There are several ways to thaw fish at home:
- in a refrigerator,
- in the oven or microwave,
- for a couple
- in cold water or in a salt solution,
- on air,
- hair dryer,
- combined method.
Defrosting methods have pros and cons.
Defrost in the fridge
The best way to defrost both for the carcass and for the fillet is the bottom shelf of the refrigerator with a temperature of +5. This ensures slow defrosting without compromising product quality. The only negative - the process lasts up to 9 hours.
Defrost in the following way:
- On the package with fish, make punctures (or wrap unwrapped carcasses with food film), put in a container with thin walls.
- Place the fish container in the fridge on the bottom shelf.
- Leave the fish in the refrigerator overnight or for 6–9 hours.
- After thawing, remove the packaging, drain the liquid and wipe the fish with a paper towel.
How to defrost fish in the microwave
Under the action of the waves, slow defrosting occurs without harm to the product. The method is not suitable for large fish, as it does not fit in the microwave. Or you have to pre-cut it into pieces, and the briquette divided into parts. The disadvantage is that you need to constantly monitor the degree of defrosting, so that the fish do not soften. Defrost so:
- Click on the "Defrosting fish" button, enter the weight of the frozen product. Depending on the mass, the defrost time will be from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Place the fish in a special dish designed for use in the microwave, or on a flat dish without a golden rim.
Defrosting in the refrigerator
The best way to defrost a fish is to move it from the freezer to the refrigerator compartment. Experts assure that at a temperature of + 3 ... + 5 ° С natural thawing occurs, and the tender pulp does not lose its structure and nutritional components. The method of natural thawing of fish carcasses or semi-finished products is simple:
- Prepare a voluminous plastic bowl or enamel pot.
- Take a product out of the freezer, make several holes in the package for the access of air and put it in a container for defrosting. Some housewives are accustomed to thawing fish unpacked, but with this method the carcass will have time to wear out, because she will have to be in the clear 6-12 hours. In order to prevent deterioration in the quality of the product, the pelvis or pan can be covered with cling film.
- After all the manipulations, put the fish on the shelf of the refrigerator where the air temperature is as close as possible to the optimal one - in this case, thawing will occur evenly, and the fish will not deteriorate and will not lose valuable nutritional qualities.
This method is the slowest, since depending on the number and size of fish it will take from 6 to 10-12 hours. Therefore, it is convenient to use it if cooking fish dishes is scheduled for the morning of the next day. Well, if you fry fish or cook soup, it was planned in the evening, then you can take the fish out of the freezer in the morning before leaving the house. After returning from work, the flesh will have time to thaw to such an extent that it will be possible to immediately proceed to cooking.
You can thaw the fish at room temperature. It must be removed from the bag, placed in an empty bowl or bowl, and covered with a wet towel so that the carcass or fillet will not be weathered. After 4-5 hours, the flesh will thaw, and it can be sent to the pan or in the oven.
Thawing in saline solution is only suitable for marine fish species: mackerel, pollock, hake, flounder, herring, and other inhabitants of the kingdom of Neptune. If in this way to defrost river or lake varieties, then the salt will draw out liquid from the carcass, and the flesh after baking, frying or extinguishing will turn out dry. Algorithm of actions:
- Prepare a saline solution at the rate of 1 tbsp. l large or medium salt per 1 liter of filtered water. It is impossible to use fine salt Extra and tap water, otherwise the quality of the finished product will be much worse.
- Remove the frozen fish from the packaging and place it in a plastic container or pan with a lid and pour it with saline.
- Cover the container with a lid not to the end so that the air inlet remains.
- Put the pan in the fridge or leave it at room temperature - in the second case, the defrost will take place a little faster.
It will still take several hours to completely thaw the product in saline solution, depending on the size of the carcass: small fish steaks or ready-made fillets will be thawed in 1.5-2 hours, a large sample will be thawed in the heat for at least 3-4 hours, and in the refrigerator - 5-6 hours. But this will preserve almost all proteins, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins and trace elements, and the taste of the finished dish will turn out to be delicate.
Only sea fish is suitable for thawing in saline.
Another method to defrost fish safely is under running water. But in the conditions of modern life hardly anyone agrees to leave the open tap with water for 1-1.5 hours, as the water meter during this time will add a decent amount to pay for utilities. However, you can try a modernized method that is not inferior to the original version:
- Remove the fish from the freezer and remove the original packaging from it.
- Place the frozen product in several plastic bags and tie them tightly so that the water cannot get inside. If in the process of thawing the carcass or fillet will be in contact with water, then the cooked fish dish will turn out dry and tasteless.
- In a bowl or pot of suitable size, pour cold tap water and put the bag into it so that the water completely covers it. If the sink closes with a cork, you can defrost the fish right in it.
Every half hour to drain the fluid and replace it with a new one - according to sanitary standards, thawing of fish carcasses and semi-finished products should take place in water with a temperature not higher than + 12 ° С. You can not defrost it in warm or hot water, otherwise the proteins will roll up ahead of time, and the flesh during cooking will turn into a jug.
This method can be considered relatively fast: the whole process will take 1-1.5 hours for carcasses weighing up to 2 kilograms, larger specimens will thaw for 2-3 hours. At the same time, the taste and all the beneficial substances for which fish is so valued will remain unchanged.
You can speed up the defrosting process with the help of a regular hairdryer, which can be found in almost every home. However, you can only use such a device in which there is a function of blowing cold air - usually it is marked with the image of a snowflake. The technology of such defrosting is simple:
- Put the frozen carcass in a plastic bag. Leave a small hole with a diameter of 5-7 cm.
- Turn on the cold blow dryer and direct it to the fish from a distance of 20-25 cm.
- Do not use the maximum speed of the device, so that the product does not have time to bleach.
- Periodically turn off the hair dryer and give it a "rest" so that the device does not fail.
Judging by experience, it will take 30-40 minutes to thaw a medium-sized carcass.
It is possible to defrost a fish with the help of a blower in the oven, if it has a fan installed and a “convection” function is provided. To do this, you need frozen carcasses wrapped in a bag, put on a flat tray, put on the middle grid of the oven and turn on the specified mode without heating.
At home, fish steaks, fillet slices and small carcasses can be quickly thawed without a microwave:
- Pour into a pan 1/3 of water from the total.
- Transfer the frozen fish from the bag to a ceramic bowl or colander and put on the pan.
- Довести воду в кастрюле до кипения и уменьшить огонь настолько, чтобы поддерживать образование пара.
- Рыбу в дуршлаге или миске периодически переворачивать или менять местами кусочки филе, чтобы они смогли равномерно оттаять.
Данный способ можно отнести к разряду экспресс-вариантов, так как через 30-40 минут рыба будет готова к термической обработке. However, the use of a steam bath will affect the quality of the product.
At the beginning of the article presents the best ways to defrost fish: they will take a lot of time, but the product will not lose its taste and nutritional qualities. Therefore, it is correct to leave in the refrigerator to thaw valuable fish species, for example, pink salmon or trout. Ways of quick defrosting can be useful if the hostess has no time to wait and urgently needs to feed her family or guests.