Anesthetic ointments for gums are produced and sold in pharmacies. But which are the most effective? Are there tools that are universal for both adults and children? Often these ointments have to buy for dental diseases. Among them are swelling, itching, redness of the gums, bleeding, soreness. Similar symptoms bring a lot of discomfort. That is why painkillers for teeth and gums are recommended for use.
Anesthetic gum ointment is often used in dentistry. It usually contains one or more active ingredients. Among them, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic. These drugs (ointments and gels) solve many problems:
- They relieve itching.
- Heal damaged tissue.
- Reduce bleeding gums.
- Reduce or relieve inflammation.
Most often in dentistry, water-based gels are used, as the anesthetic ointment for gums has a fatty consistency, is absorbed for a long time, and is poorly retained on the mucous membrane. The active substance in the ointment penetrates the tissue more slowly.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are advantages and disadvantages to pain relief gum ointments. These funds are local, they include in their composition antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic components. Most often in dentistry they use water-based gels, as they are well retained on the gums, and the active substance penetrates the damaged tissues better. The disadvantages of ointments are slow penetration, they are quickly washed away with saliva. They need more time to penetrate deep into them.
The advantages of the ointment include:
- rendering local action, that is, getting on the inflammation center, they immediately give the desired result (but slowly absorbed),
- do not penetrate the bloodstream, do not affect the body,
- There are practically no side effects, and if they do, rarely,
- ointment and gel just put on the gums,
- You can buy without a prescription and appointment.
We give examples of funds.
Anesthetic ointments for teeth and gums are used if severe discomfort is felt in the mouth. It is important to separate what means are intended for babies, children, adults. When teething apply the following ointment:
- “Calgel” is an antimicrobial and anesthetic for children from five months old, it is allowed to take no more than six times a day, it has a long list of contraindications.
- "Kamistad" has an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anesthetic effect, used from three months of life.
- "Dentinox" contains extracts of chamomile, as well as lidocaine, from contraindications - individual intolerance.
- "Baby Doctor" consists of natural ingredients, soothes sore gums, relieves puffiness.
- Gel Pansoral "First teeth" eliminates pain, soothes, contains herbal extracts.
If there is inflammation of the gums, then use other medicines. The disease is most often a symptom of gingivitis, periodontal disease, periodontitis. To prevent complications, it is important to start the course of treatment as soon as possible. The first symptoms of the disease are redness, swelling, bleeding, pain. If only the mucosa is affected, then local remedies will be effective. Among them:
- "Cholisal" - is used for periodontitis, gingivitis, candidiasis, injuries, teething, trophic changes of the mucous membrane.
- Solcoseryl Dental is prescribed for stomatitis, gingivitis, after surgery.
- "Metrogil Denta" is used for diseases that have occurred against the background of fungal, viral, and bacterial infections.
- "Asepta" is used for diseases of the fungal etiology, viral, bacterial. The drug has an adhesive base, it contains pectin, the composition is quickly absorbed, normalizes the microflora of the mucous membrane, reduces its sensitivity.
- "Applicant Active" is not a medicine, it is used as a prophylactic agent. The composition contains propolis, bee venom, herbal extracts. Improves blood supply to tissues, has a slight antibacterial effect.
Anesthetic gum ointment is sometimes recommended for pregnant women, since during this period the bleeding of the gums may increase and the general condition of the mucous membranes may deteriorate. Heparin ointment, Troxevazin, Elugel, Cryogel are recommended for periodontal disease - they relieve swelling, remove bleeding, redness, pain. For the treatment of stomatitis in children and adults use different ointments that facilitate the state, accelerate tissue regeneration. Among these tools: Oxolinic, Nystatin, Tetracycline and Methyluracil ointment, "Cholisal", "Bonafton", "Solcoseryl", "Acyclovir", "Metrogil Dent".
An ointment for gums when teething is recommended to be used if the process of growth of milk teeth begins. This tool relieves itching, pain, swelling, and alleviates the condition of the child. Consider three groups of pain-relieving ointments (some contain lidocaine) that relieve inflammation and painful sensations:
- Agents containing anesthetic. Act locally, more often it is lidocaine.
- On a homeopathic basis - gels that do not cause unpleasant phenomena, harmless, as part of the plant elements.
- Ointments made on the basis of anti-inflammatory components and antiseptics.
What to prefer, decides the doctor and mother of the baby. What ointment for gums baby experts recommend? It is important to emphasize that teething is a difficult period in a child’s life, therefore, doctors recommend Dentinox, Kalgel, Kamistad.
Anesthetic ointments for gums for children are made mainly on a natural basis. Such tools are suitable for strengthening and treating gums. The most useful are the ointment with propolis. They relieve inflammation, have a strengthening effect, are an excellent prophylactic agent. For example, the Appent-Active ointment contains bee venom, extracts of herbs and propolis. Regular use relieves swelling, improves blood microcirculation. It quickly restores the mucous membrane (injuries, cuts, scratches, ulcers). There are many other tools that are more effective than decoctions for rinsing.
Anesthetic ointments for gums are prescribed for adults with such dental ailments as periodontitis and periodontal disease. In this case, Heparin ointment, Troxevasin, Elgifluor, propolis in ointments are often recommended. Let's talk about them in more detail, so:
- Heparin ointment. A tool that improves microcirculation in the gums, reduces swelling, pain, trophic processes. Consists of heparin, benzyl nicotinate, benzocaine. Apply before use is not on the gums themselves, but on cotton swabs, applying them to problem areas two or three times a day for a week.
- "Troxevasin". An effective remedy for bleeding. The composition includes the active substance - troxerutin. It strengthens blood vessels and capillaries, increases their elasticity. Apply the product in circular motions in the gums. Contraindications include pregnancy, gastrointestinal diseases, and allergies to the drug.
- Propolis in ointments. Ointment for gums after extraction of teeth is used quite often. It is proved that propolis has the properties of relieving inflammation, reducing bleeding gums, destroys pathogenic microorganisms.
We proceed to discuss the next issue.
Let's talk about the instructions
How is gum ointment applied to children and adults? The treatment scheme is very simple. Usually the application guide is indicated on the tube or in the box in which the product is located. Ointments are widely used in dental offices, however, gels are preferable, as they act faster.
Ointments for the treatment of diseases of the gums and teeth have their own characteristics on the application and frequency of application. Gum treatment must be done with clean hands using a cotton swab. After eating, you need to brush your teeth, squeeze a little money on your finger, then gently apply to the affected area, do not take food and water for half an hour. Strongly lubricate the gums is not necessary, since the effect does not increase, and you can earn a poisoning. Remember that the use of painkillers does not replace a full-fledged dental treatment, they can be used as an elimination of symptoms, prevention of diseases.
In some cases, it is not recommended to use an anesthetic gum ointment? The main contraindication include individual intolerance to the active components. Pediatricians are not advised to use dental ointments and gels for children with lidocaine in the composition, as it can cause serious side effects. And also it is necessary to consider individually, taking into account the characteristics of the organism, this or that means is suitable or not. The contraindications sometimes include infancy up to one year, reduced blood clotting, ulcerative-necrotic processes, abnormal liver and kidney function, paroxysmal tachycardia. Use with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
What reactions may occur? According to doctors, lidocaine, which is part of many ointments, has an antiarrhythmic effect. If you use those for children, they can cause a violation of the conductivity of the heart, even provoke its stopping. By-effects include cramps. Ointment with lidocaine and affect hemoglobin, and overdose of such funds can occur very quickly.
How to use
How is gum applied? Children and adults dosage is set depending on the problem. But there are general rules for applying the remedy, so:
- It is necessary to thoroughly wash hands, pay special attention to the nails.
- Treat them with an antiseptic solution.
- Squeeze a little money on the little finger, then rub it into the gum with light circular motions.
- If the lidocaine ointment, then pregnant women are not recommended to use it before feeding the baby, as it reduces the sensitivity of the tongue.
And now we find out what the doctors say.
It is necessary to approach the choice of means with all responsibility. This is especially true anesthetic ointment for gums when teething. It is important to carefully study the composition of the drug, before buying it. Ointments are made on an oil basis, they are heavy. Widely used for mechanical damage, inflammation, pain. So, they produce anti-inflammatory, painkillers, healing.
Anesthetic ointments for children and adults are divided into three groups: anesthetic anesthetics, antiseptic and homeopathic. The first contain in their composition lidocaine. According to doctors, they should be used with caution, because they can cause an allergic reaction. The advantages include quick effect. The second well remove inflammation and swelling, almost do not cause allergies. Still others contain herbal extracts, so they are often recommended for children. Of the disadvantages of such means - the pain is removed poorly, and the effect goes away quickly.
According to users, mothers, pediatricians and dentists - it is best to select the ointment together with a specialist, taking into account the disease and age. For children, it is better to use the products without lidocaine in the composition, they are less effective, but safe. In addition, mothers are said to sell special teething toys with liquid contents that are cooled before use. If teeth are cut, you can do a finger massage, as well as give a minimum dose of “Paracetamol” or “Ibuprofen”. The rest of the anesthetic ointment cope with its task, however, the cost of foreign drugs will be more expensive than domestic.
Take care of your youth
Not for nothing, since childhood we have been taught to monitor the cleanliness of the oral cavity, and for any pain, discomfort and the appearance of blood while brushing your teeth, you must contact your dentist. Gum diseases require the same complex treatment as any other diseases, so you should not neglect this.
The simplest and fast-acting remedy used for paradontitis, gingivitis and any other inflammation of the gum tissue is gel. It has a water base and is perfectly fixed on the mucous membrane, affecting the inflamed areas for a long time, even under the action of saliva. In a short period of time, it can significantly improve the condition of the patient.
But not all drugs are equally good, and it is often difficult to choose an effective one. That is why we have compiled a list of those who have passed the test of time and a large number of patients in dental clinics:
Metrogil Dent. It consists of chlorhexidine, which copes well with the antiseptic function, and the antibiotic metronidozole. Thanks to this combination, all unpleasant symptoms disappear rather quickly.
In addition, Metrogil Denta can be used not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of gum disease. It can be applied by simply spreading on the painful areas, as well as in the form of applications. To do this, you need to squeeze a small amount of gel on a cotton pad, evenly distribute and attach to the inflammation.
Solcoseryl. One of the most popular drugs that can be purchased at almost any pharmacy without a prescription. In addition, it is not just a painkiller, but a remedy that has a healing effect. How does he act?
- promotes collagen synthesis, due to which the connective tissue is actively renewed,
- helps to improve the access of oxygen and nutrients to the affected areas, thereby affecting their speedy healing,
- eliminates the possibility of infection.
Before use, you need to brush your teeth, apply the drug, then moisten it with water.
Asepta. This is a more complex remedy that is recommended for use in acute forms of gum disease. Thanks to its propolis, it perfectly heals wounds and disinfects the mucous membrane, while removing inflammation and swelling. It helps Asept from bleeding, helping to strengthen the "loose" gums and prevent the appearance of inflammation in the future.
Holisal. This is one of the drugs with the longest effect. Within a few minutes after application, you can feel the effect, which will last 6-8 hours. Holisal copes with the neutralization of microbes, cools and remarkably relieves. It is allowed to use it even when teething in babies.
Paradontotsid. Due to contact with the oral mucosa, the active ingredient, phenyl salicylate, is converted to salicylic acid, which, in combination with several essential oils, has a whole range of actions: it helps to neutralize the pathogenic microbial environment, relieve pain, eliminate unpleasant smell from the mouth, and also promotes tissue regeneration strengthening the gums.
A good gel for the gums is not only effective, but also safe. Since such agents are used externally, the components do not penetrate the bloodstream and act locally. Monitor the health of your teeth and gums, and do not forget to visit the dentist in a timely manner.
Signs of teething
Depending on the individual characteristics of the child, the teething symptoms are completely different, however, a number of common, most frequent symptoms can be identified:
- Increased salivation, swelling and redness of the gums.
- Restless sleep, loss of appetite, the desire to gnaw all objects that come across.
- The appearance of a white band before the immediate appearance of the tooth.
- General deterioration.
- Increase in body temperature, rhinitis (runny nose), cough (mostly wet), diarrhea as possible concomitant eruption process.
Important! If you experience symptoms such as diarrhea, fever, cough, there is a possibility of misdiagnosing the causes of their occurrence. There are cases when they are caused by various kinds of infections (diseases), and have nothing to do with teething.
In the process of tooth growth, the release of biologically active substances that increase the temperature occurs. An increase of between 37 and 38.5 degrees is considered normal. Diarrhea in such cases is due to stimulation of intestinal motility due to constant ingestion of saliva. In cases where the temperature exceeds the specified limit, and diarrhea lasts for several days more than 3 times a day, It is recommended to consult a pediatrician for consultation.
READING DETAILS: Since how many months have the first teeth been cut and in what sequence - http://razvitie-krohi.ru/razvitie-rebenka-do-goda/u-rebenka-rezhutsya-pervyie-zubyi.html
milk teeth teething scheme
Как помочь ребенку
Облегчить неприятные ощущения помогут специальные прорезиненные полутвёрдые прорезыватели. Usually they are filled with water, they can be placed in a refrigerator for some time and cooled, then the baby will feel a pleasant cold, which, together with a massage during chewing, will reduce itching (teethers for teeth - types of teethers, tips on choosing). A child can also massage gums with a donut or a crust. If this is enough for your baby, then there is no need to use medications.
Most children suffer this life period very painfully: they cannot sleep, they constantly cry and ask for their hands. This condition creates a load on the nervous system, especially vulnerable at an early age. In such cases, gels designed specifically for babies can be used to relieve inflammation of the gums, pain relief and normalization of sleep. They are safe and have virtually no contraindications.
Note! Not all products are suitable for breastfed babies: getting on the tongue makes it difficult to suck. In particular, this applies to preparations containing lidocaine.
In addition, try to pay as much of your attention, care, caress. Play, distract your baby, offer a breast (if you are breastfeeding), take it to your room while you sleep, carry as much as possible on your arms.
How to use anesthetic gel
Before using the medication, you must carefully study the instructions and be sure to pay attention to age restrictions. In case of violation of the requirements, the result may be ineffective or short-term.
To achieve maximum effect when using gels should follow the following recommendations:
- use with severe discomfort in a child,
- use every 3-4 hours, but not more than 3-5 times a day,
- do not apply a large amount of gel,
- lubricate the gums with a finger (previously thoroughly washed!) or a cotton swab, while making circular massage movements.
Usually, a medical drug is required when the first teeth erupt, for several days, and after one year. The remaining teeth appear with less pronounced painful symptoms.
TOP - 7 teething gels
Pharmacies offer a wide range of children's gels, and sometimes it is very difficult to make a choice. In accordance with the estimates and reviews of young mothers, we single out the most demanded ones:
Local anesthetic gel quickly eliminates pain and discomfort during teething in children of different ages, prevents the development of inflammatory processes of the oral mucosa due to the infusion of chamomile and a number of biologically active substances. Disadvantage: contains lidocaine (allergic reactions are possible, it is not recommended during breastfeeding). The average price is 320 rubles.
Eliminates inflammation, swelling of the gums, provides an analgesic effect. Not washed off with saliva, retains anti-inflammatory effect up to eight hours. Interferes with penetration of bacteria, viruses, protects the microflora of the oral cavity. Advantages: does not contain lidocaine, is indicated for use when breastfeeding, as it does not reduce the sensitivity of the tongue. Price - 280 rubles.
Personalized video greeting from Santa Claus
It has a cooling, analgesic (local anesthetic) effect due to hydrochloride being a part of lidocaine. Anti-inflammatory gel, facilitates teething. Advantages: instant effect. Disadvantages: valid for a short time, up to 30 minutes, contains an anesthetic. Price - 340 rubles.
The remedy from plant extracts of echinacea, chamomile, plantain, calendula eliminates pain, prevents the appearance of inflammatory processes of the oral mucosa, destroys bacteria, disinfects, heals, strengthens gums and relieves irritation. Advantages: contains only natural ingredients. Disadvantage: no pronounced analgesic effect. Price - 320 rubles.
The combined drug contains medicinal chamomile, has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, healing and regenerating properties, relieves pain. Advantages: quickly reduces pain, acts for a long time. Disadvantage: contains lidocaine. Price - 220 rubles.
It has a fast analgesic effect. Pain relief for two hours. Contains benzocaine and auxiliary substances. Disadvantage: anesthetizes for a short period of time. Price - 180 rubles.
It soothes the gums due to its plant extracts, has a softening effect. Advantage: completely natural preparation. Disadvantage: no pronounced analgesic effect. Price - 360 rubles.
How to avoid problems?
Often, young parents neglect the information contained in the instructions, and end up with a lot of unpleasant consequences. Possible complications:
- inflammation and suppuration of the gums,
- allergic reaction,
Inflammation and suppuration of the gums
Typically, such phenomena do not pose a great danger to the health of the baby. They do not require medical intervention and with proper care after a while disappear. It is recommended to treat the gums with tissue swabs previously moistened in herbal decoction (medicinal chamomile, sage, calendula). It contributes to the removal of inflammatory processes and destroys pathogenic microbes.
Allergic reaction or rash
All gels for gums can be divided into three groups:
- painkillers - with the content of lidocaine.
- homeopathic - plant based.
Most often allergic reactions occur on the anesthetic - lidocaine (lidocaine hydrochloride). In this case, you should stop using the gel with its content and replace it with another, for example, on the basis of extracts from medicinal herbs - chamomile, calendula, etc.
To avoid problems, follow these guidelines.:
- Use the gel only in cases where the teethers and other "improvised means" do not help, the child cries a lot, gets irritated.
- For the selection of medication, consult your dentist, tell about all the features of your baby, individual intolerance of certain components (if any).
- If side effects occur, it is necessary to immediately stop using the drug and visit a doctor.
Gel is an extreme remedy that should be used only in cases where other methods have no effect, and the baby suffers a lot. Parents should strictly follow all the requirements of the annotations and in no case should they not allow situations when the child receives pain relief in the form of medicines at the very first squeak. Compliance with the simplest recommendations will help ease the period of teething in your children and avoid the consequences.
WE READ ALSO:
When to start brushing teeth for children and how to teach your child how to brush their teeth independently - http://razvitie-krohi.ru/uhod-za-rebenkom/kogda-nachinat-chistit-zubki-detyam.html
Hello girls! Today I will tell you how I managed to get in shape, lose 20 kilograms, and finally get rid of creepy complexes of fat people. I hope the information will be useful to you!
Do you want to read our materials first? Subscribe to our telegram channel
Dental product contains phenyl salicylate, which in the oral cavity is converted to salicylic acid. It also contains antiseptic properties. essential oils of medicinal plants. Periodontal disease is a complex drug that has the following therapeutic effects:
- pain killer
is he eliminates bad breath and prevents the formation of enamel plaque. The ointment can be applied to the gums with a clean finger or a cotton swab, as well as used as an application.
The preparation includes the antiseptic Chlorhexidine and the antibiotic Metronidozole. Due to these active substances with the help of a gel, you can achieve an anesthetic effect, reduce inflammation, reduce bleeding and reduce the sensitivity of the gums.
Metrogil denta can be used not only for treatment, but also to prevent the occurrence of inflammatory processes. It should be applied twice a day, course up to one and a half weeks. This drug is contraindicated in children up to the age of six.
If the instructions for use are not followed, oral dysbacteriosis can occur after frequent use of the gel.
The main qualities of the gel are analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, the drug kills germs, relieves swelling, cools the surface of the mucous membrane of the gums. That is why dentists often recommend Holisal for the treatment of various gum diseases.
Dental agent begins to act within two minutes after application, and continues keep the effect till 5–8 hours. For persons under the age of 16 a single dose should not exceed 0.5 cm of the drug. Adults can apply twice the gel. The drug is gently rubbed into the mucous membrane of the mouth with a clean finger. To achieve the analgesic effect, Holisal can be applied to the gum a few minutes before meals or after meals.
Gel is used in the following cases:
- with gingivitis and periodontitis,
- with inflammation,
- with fungal infections,
- with stomatitis with ulcers,
- as an anesthetic for teething in children and adults,
- when wearing artificial limbs
- with various lesions in the mouth,
- before or after surgery.
The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
The composition of the gel is Two active therapeutic components:
Thanks to them, the drug has an antiseptic and antimicrobial effect, destroying various harmful microorganisms. Asepta is a source of various beneficial vitamins and coenzyme Q 10.
Due to its sticky basis, the gel lasts longer than other means on the gums and has a long anti-inflammatory and soothing effect. Dentists Aseptu prescribe for relieving pain and itching, reduce sensitivity and strengthen the gums, eliminate bleeding and as a prophylactic.
You can use the drug three times a day for two weeks. In the case of more frequent use of the gel, side effects may occur:
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract.
Asept's lineup, in addition to gels, includes balm, rinses, toothpastes and a vitamin complex. Their use allows you to maintain a healthy oral cavity and cure gum inflammation.
Gel from inflammation of the gums Troksevazin is an angioprotectorwhich predominantly affects capillaries and veins. It is based on troxerutin, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels, improves their elasticity. As a result, the gums bleed significantly and permanently decreases. The drug also helps to remove swelling and inflammation from damaged surfaces.
It is recommended to apply Troxevasin on the gums in a circular motion, no more than twice a day. The drug is contraindicated in allergic reactions to the main component, gastrointestinal diseases and in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Elugel and Elgifluor
The composition of both drugs include a strong chlorhexidine digluconate antisepticthat fights various types of fungi and infections. Indications for use of elugel and elgifluor are:
- bleeding and inflammation of the gums,
- periodontal disease
- prevention of inflammation.
Both drugs are used no more than three times a day until the inflammation passes. With the help of elgifluor, teeth are cleaned, and elugel is spread on the gums.
The composition of the gel includes dialecate of calf blood, due to which the drug has a pronounced therapeutic effect. On inflamed and affected tissue Solcoseryl has the following effect:
- increases the production of fibroblasts and the synthesis of collagen, which are the basis of connective tissue,
- at the cellular level reduces the risk of pathological changes,
- restores damaged tissue
- supports the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the cells
- normalizes oxygen metabolism.
The gel has the ability to form a protective layer over the damaged surface, therefore it is often used for healing weeping wounds on the gums and mucous membranes of the mouth.
The use of Solcoseryl will allow:
- 3-5 hours to block the pain.
- Accelerate the healing of wounds.
- Protect gums from mechanical and chemical effects for at least three hours.
The gel is applied to clean gums in a thin layer and sprinkled with water.
To combat periodontal disease, dentists recommend the use of modern highly effective means - bioactive cryogel. This finely porous agent consists of modified starch and active substances:
- Antioxidant L - restores, heals and nourishes tissues.
- Dioxidine, which is an antimicrobial agent.
- Sorbent polyphepan.
The cryogel itself does not apply. Treatment of inflammation with this drug is only at the dentist. The doctor puts the tool in the periodontal pocket, where the gel acts like a sponge. It absorbs bacteria and toxins, reduces the risk of suppuration, promotes drainage of pockets, has a hemostatic effect.
Remove the drug is not necessary because in one or two days he will resolve himselfwhile completely neutralizing the harmful substances absorbed into it.
According to statistics and reviews, the best ointmentsto help get rid of periodontal disease are:
- Traumel C is a homeopathic remedy that contains only mineral and herbal ingredients. It has a good effect only in the early stages of the disease. The action of Traumel C is aimed at relieving inflammation, restoring the density of vessel walls and improving their conductivity.
- Heparin ointment is an anticoagulant. With its help eliminate inflammation and strengthen the gums. Heparin significantly reduces the level of platelet aggregation and restores tissue microcirculation.
Since ointments have a fat base, they practically do not stick to the gums. Therefore, it is recommended to apply them as applications. To do this, the tool is applied to a cotton swab, which is fixed on the inflamed area with a special film or bandage. As a result, the therapeutic effect of the drug will last for a long time.
Gels for inflammation of the gums when teething in children
During the teething period, many babies become inflamed and gums ache. In these difficult days, the child needs parental help. If gum massage and teethers did not help, then You can use special gels:
- Baby Doctor The composition of the drug includes only herbal ingredients - plantain, echinacea, calendula, chamomile. The gel has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic effects. It can also restore the damaged oral mucosa.
- Kamistad. The drug contains not only vegetable components, but also lidocaine, which quickly anesthetize the inflamed area. Thanks to its chamomile extract, it is a natural antiseptic and eliminates inflammation.
To use dental gel and ointment for children is possible only by carefully studying the instructions and in consultation with a specialist.
It must be remembered that the independent use of gels and ointments for inflammatory diseases of the gums is not a panacea. In any case, should consult a dentist, carefully care for the oral cavity and eat right, including in your diet enriched with calcium and vitamins products.
The following symptoms indicate that the gums require urgent treatment:
- bleeding gums during the cleaning of the dentition,
- slight increase in temperature
- swelling of the gums
- change the color of the gums.
What to do
Having found at least one of the symptoms, you must immediately go to the dental office. After examination, the dentist will determine the exact root cause and prescribe treatment.
An example instruction looks like this:
- Removal of dental deposits. This is a painless procedure that lasts from 40 to 60 minutes.
- Use of local anti-inflammatory drugs. Dental ointments and gels are prescribed.
- When gingivitis doctor may prescribe the use of antiseptics. They are used for rinsing the mouth.
- Antibacterial therapy for periodontitis.
- Oral hygiene.
- Diet change. It is recommended to include in the menu foods rich in calcium, fluorine and vitamins D.
Effective remedy for gum disease
The most effective remedy for inflammation of the gums is the correctly prescribed and timely used treatment. To completely cure the gums will take a lot of time, patience and the use of effective means.
To find a truly effective treatment, you must seek medical help. Самолечение не позволяет полностью вылечить заболевание, а только усугубляет симптомы. И ранее воспаление десен превращается в хроническое заболевание, которое появляется при малейших раздражителях.
An effective remedy for the treatment of gums should be on a natural basis and not cause addiction, side effects or allergic reactions.
How to remove inflammation of the gums?
If you have sore gums, then you are probably wondering how to remove inflammation of the gums. Antiseptic preparations will help to quickly get rid of inflammation. So, effectively relieve inflammation with chlorhexidine. It is necessary to prepare a rinse solution using this preparation. This will not only relieve inflammation, but also remove pain and will be an excellent periodontal prevention.
Dental gels, which contain anti-inflammatory components, help to cope with inflammation of the gums. Particular attention should be paid to drugs in which non-hormonal constituents are used as the active substance. Such as salicylate or lidocaine, they reduce puffiness and give an analgesic effect. It is important to choose gels, not ointments. Since the gel is much faster penetrates into the gums through the mucous membrane. Well relieve inflammation and toothpastes that contain fluoride. But do not forget about trips to the dentist who professionally removes tartar and cures caries, which can also cause gum inflammation.
How to treat inflammation of the gums?
A huge choice of drugs will allow you to choose an effective remedy for the treatment of gum disease. Please note that some products can only get rid of the symptoms of the disease, but do not treat the inflammation itself. Let's look at how to treat inflammation of the gums. The most popular drugs for inflammation - maraslavin and periodontal disease. Both drugs are prescribed for the prevention and treatment of gum disease.
Maraslavin is a solution that needs to rinse your mouth. This will not only relieve inflammation, but also give a preventive effect. Another effective and affordable tool that is chosen when searching for drugs to treat inflammation is polyminerol. This drug, as described above, is a solution for rinsing. But besides the anti-inflammatory effect, polymenerol increases the ability of tissues to regenerate. The tool is used to treat gingivitis, acute inflammation, periodontitis and as a prophylaxis of inflammation of the gums and teeth.
How to rinse your gums with inflammation?
For rinsing the mouth during inflammatory processes on the gums, anti-inflammatory antiseptic preparations are prescribed, which have a pronounced effect. For rinsing use drugs such as Miramistin and chlorhexidine. Miramistin is an effective treatment for viral and inflammatory diseases. It allows you to get rid of herpes stomatitis and has an antimicrobial effect.
To cure gum inflammation at home, herbal extracts or hydrogen peroxide are often used at home. Please note that the gum can be treated with hydrogen peroxide only after consulting a dentist. It is the dentist who must give permission for rinsing with inflammation. Also for rinsing with inflammation using non-alcoholic tinctures and decoctions of herbs. Infusion for rinsing can be made from chamomile, sage, eucalyptus, oak bark and other herbs that have an antiseptic effect.
Please note that the use of anti-inflammatory drugs for rinsing does not cure diseases, but only removes the symptoms. Therefore, even with rinses, drug treatment cannot be avoided.
Gum Disease Ointment
Ointment from inflammation of the gums is another effective remedy that allows you to remove the symptoms of the disease, pain and discomfort in a short period of time. Gum inflammation ointment allows you to:
- Effectively and in a short period of time to numb the gums.
- Reduce or completely eliminate bleeding.
- Relieve itching and redness.
Anti-inflammatory ointment acts locally on the gums, and effectively eliminates pain. The most commonly used ointment "Solcoseryl", as it has an anti-inflammatory effect and heals wounds and cracks, preventing the development and progression of the inflammatory process.
Sometimes for the treatment of gums I use local ointment. Such drugs do not have adverse effects on the body and do not cause side effects or allergic reactions. In addition, these ointments only affect the site of the lesion and effectively relieve pain.
Gum inflammation gel
The most effective and widely used remedy for periodontitis, gingivitis and acute inflammation is a gel for inflammation of the gums. The gel is easily applied to the affected gums and has an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect. But the main advantage of the gel is that the effect of its effect lasts for a long period of time. The gel forms a film on the inflamed gum, which enhances the therapeutic effect of the drug.
Today, in pharmacies, there are many options for gels from inflammation of the gums. They all have the same effect - relieve inflammation. But gels differ in their cost, effectiveness and duration of the anti-inflammatory effect. The most popular gels for inflammation of the gums are Solcoseryl, Asepta, Dental, Parodium, Metrogil Dent, and others.
Gel Dental helps relieve inflammation on the mucous membrane and removes pain. This gel is made on corn oil, which forms a protective film on the gum affected by inflammation. The gel enhances regeneration and healing and is recommended for use even for patients with dentures, crowns, implants.
Antibiotics for gum disease
Very often, patients who suffer from gum disease are interested in which antibiotics for inflammation of the gums are the most effective and whether they can be taken at all. When running inflammatory processes, taking antibiotics is necessary, because without this, it is simply impossible to recover. The started inflammation of the gums contributes to intoxication of the whole organism, and antibiotics can cope not only with sick gums, but also contribute to the recovery of the organism.
If you take penicillin antibiotics, they stop and take the inflammatory process under control. But self-initiation of antibiotics is contraindicated, as most of them have side effects. Therefore, the wrong appointment can cause serious and even irreversible complications.
Antibiotics for inflammation of the gums are of five types: capsules, tablets, rinses, ointments and gels. It is only the dentist who can decide which antibiotic to take in one form of gum disease or another, after a complete examination of the oral cavity. So, antibiotic pills are prescribed to patients with periodontitis and advanced forms of gum inflammation. Rinse solutions should be used after brushing your teeth, as they contribute to the reduction of pathogenic bacteria.
If the antibiotic from gum disease is chosen incorrectly, then it can cause allergic reactions, diarrhea, dysbiosis, indigestion, fever, and so on. Do not self-medicate, because instead of the expected effect, you can get a terrifying result.
Toothpaste for gum disease
Toothpaste for inflammation of the gums is a prophylactic agent that can prevent the disease or is used as an auxiliary complex of treatment. Let's look at the most effective toothpastes that help effectively fight gingivitis and bleeding.
- Lacalut Aktiv - gum inflammation toothpaste from Germany. The peculiarity of this paste is that its base is a silicon abrasive in combination with aluminum lactate. This allows you to effectively remove plaque and bacteria in the mouth. And also, reduce bleeding gums, their looseness and flaking.
- Parodontax - toothpaste based on peppermint, myrtle, sage, sodium bicarbonate, chamomile and ratany. Paradontax is used to treat and prevent bleeding and gum disease.
- Blend-a-med is one of the most popular toothpastes, which effectively eliminate inflammatory processes and slow down the formation of tartar and pathogenic bacteria on tooth enamel.
- PresiDENT - fights not only inflammation and bleeding of the gums, but also contributes to the rapid regeneration of the damaged gums and healing.
- "Forest Balsam" - herbal toothpaste, which consists of an entrance extract of nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, chamomile and celandine. Due to its natural composition, the paste eliminates inflammation and speeds healing.
Soda with inflammation of the gums
Despite the abundance of medicinal and prophylactic drugs that effectively combat inflammation and bleeding gums, the use of soda is still practiced in the treatment of gum inflammation. Baking soda is an excellent tool that copes well with the task of caring for the oral cavity, whitens teeth, and ensures that no dental stone is formed on the tooth enamel.
Soda with inflammation of the gums is used in traditional medicine. Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate treats oral diseases such as:
- Periodontal disease - you need to make a soda solution and rinse your mouth with it. This will help reduce inflammation and restore the soft tissue that is most damaged due to the attack of pathogenic bacteria.
- Gingivitis - soda will cope with both acute inflammation of the gums and the disease in its early stages. By the way, soda is effectively used as a prophylactic agent.
- Cysts on the teeth - soda will not cure the disease, but will help relieve painful symptoms. Because of the rinsing, the pain and inflammation on the gums will come off a bit, and you can use the main treatment complex.
Please note that rinsing is much more efficient in coping with inflammation than soda paste. Since the paste due to the high concentration of soda can injure the gum, but the solution will promote quick and painless healing.
Chlorhexidine for inflammation of the gums
Chlorhexidine for inflammation of the gums is prescribed by a dentist. Chlorhexidine is a good drug that has antiseptic properties, perfectly cleans and disinfects the mucous membrane and skin, without causing irritation.
The drug helps prevent the formation of plaque on the teeth, which can cause inflammation of the gums. That is why this drug is used to prevent inflammation of the gums and oral hygiene, when regular reading is impossible due to severely inflamed gums. Chlorhexidine is a concentrated solution that must be diluted with warm water before use.
The treatment procedure with chlorhexidine is simple. The drug must be diluted in warm boiled water and rinse them affected gums. The procedure should be carried out up to three times a day. But to abuse the use of the drug is contraindicated, as this can cause a number of complications. Among the adverse reactions most often observed: changes in taste, tingling and burning in the mouth, light staining of teeth in brown. But this is a temporary phenomenon that must pass in a couple of days.
Folk treatment of gum disease
Folk treatment of gum disease is a treatment using medicinal herbs and decoctions, as well as treatment with conspiracies. The most common method of folk treatment is to rinse with a decoction of medicinal herbs. For broth use, such herbs and plants as: birch buds, horseradish, chamomile, sorrel, calendula, thyme, oak bark, St. John's wort, and so on.
To prepare a decoction for the national treatment of inflammation of the gums, the grass must be dry. Take a glass of boiling water and fill it with one tablespoon of herbs. Let the broth stand and caress your mouth. Some medicinal decoctions involve the preparation of an infusion in a water bath.
Treatment by folk methods does not necessarily have to be a decoction for rinsing, and rubbing medicines into the gums helps with inflammation. So, for rubbing in use of such herbs and plants as: birch tar, finely worn beets, Kalanchoe juice and aloe, a compress from the juice of lingonberries.
Herbs for inflammation of the gums
Herbs for inflammation of the gums should be in every home, because besides grass they have excellent antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can affect the whole body. Due to this, the microbes are destroyed, which means that the affected area begins to recover, that is, the recovery process is underway. Let's take a look at which herbs are most often used for inflammation of the gums and how to prepare medicine from them.
- Celandine - shred the grass with water and boil over low heat for 20 minutes. After that, put the broth in a water bath for 30 minutes. After that, the broth must be cooled and kept in a dark cool place. Rinse recommended no more than three times a day. This will reduce inflammation and, over time, the disease will recede completely.
- Chamomile is an excellent antiseptic that fights not only with inflamed gums, but also with any other inflammations. To prepare a healing decoction, take two tablespoons of chamomile and pour them with boiling water, let it brew, strain and start rinsing. Please note that if you make a concentrated solution, it is contraindicated to swallow it.
Sage in inflammation of the gums
As a rule, sage is used for colds to gargle, as well as for sore throat. But sometimes sage with inflammation of the gums is used to relieve bleeding. To sage had a medicinal effect it is necessary to prepare a decoction.
To prepare the broth, you need to take a tablespoon of sage and pour it with water, about 500 grams. The solution should be kept on the steam bath for an hour, and then insist another hour. After the solution has infused and cooled, it must be drained. When rinsing the decoction can not be long held in the mouth. But after such a rinse, gum inflammation will quickly pass.
Oak bark with gum disease
Oak bark in inflammation of the gums is used as tincture, powder and rinse. Let's look at a few recipes for the preparation of antiseptic to relieve inflammation of the gums on the basis of bark oaks.
- Take a couple of teaspoons of oak bark and pour boiling water over it. Let it brew for 7 hours, then strain and can be taken. The recommended dose of oak bark for inflammation of the gums in this recipe is half a cup three times a day.
- Make a concentrated solution on the bark of oak. Use it as a lotion on inflamed gums. The same gum solution can be rinsed, but no more than three times a day, since an allergic reaction is possible.
Indications for use of dental gels
There are a number of symptoms, during the development of which it is necessary to use gels, if the gums are inflamed:
- bleeding during brushing, itching,
- swelling of the gums, increasing their sensitivity, bad breath,
- atrophy of the gums.
Seek help from a doctor should immediately after redness of the gums and with the appearance of bleeding, without waiting for the last stage.
Advantages and disadvantages of dental gels
Drugs for the treatment of gums in the form of a gel have the following advantages:
- have a local effect, struggle with symptoms in the hearth of the inflammatory process,
- rarely there are adverse symptoms
- the active ingredients of drugs in a small amount penetrate the vascular system,
- ease of use
This product has practically no disadvantages. Just some of the gels have a high cost, while others are effective only when used as part of complex therapy.
Gels for inflammation of the gums
It is one of the most effective anti-inflammatory gels, providing a comprehensive effect on the problem, eliminating the inflammatory process in the oral cavity and cooling the gums. But he has one minus - the high cost (400 rubles). Apply 2 times a day on the affected gums after eating. Do not use with individual intolerance to the components.
Gels with antibiotics
The gel contains two components: an antiseptic and an antibiotic. Chlorhexidine relieves inflammation, but metronidazole complements its action. The antibiotic does not seep into the bloodstream and has a therapeutic effect only on the affected area. Apply 2 times a day, do not apply with individual intolerance, kidney disease, as well as children without a doctor's permission.
This product has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It perfectly relieves itching and pain in the gums, makes the epithelium strong, quickly restores tissue after injuries and cuts. In the composition of about 10% is propolis. It is the main component.
Indications for use of the gel:
Apply the product 3 times a day after oral hygiene. The treatment lasts 7 days.
Для получения максимального эффекта применять гель в сочетании с другими лекарственными препаратами.
Гель для десен Асепта
В роли основного компонента выступает лидокаин и экстракт ромашки. Они быстро купируют боль и патогенную микрофлору.
Гель Камистад лучше совмещать с антисептическими полосканиями, которые будут угнетать действие патогенной микрофлоры.
Перед применением лекарства прополоскать рот, вымыть руки. Slightly dry the gums and apply with a cotton swab on the affected areas. Apply the gel no more than 6 times a day. Contraindicated in allergies to these components.
Elugel and Elgifluor
These drugs have a similar composition, since chlorhexidine acts as an active ingredient. He is an antiseptic. The active components of the gels affect the protective membrane of microorganisms and destroy it.
Use drugs in the following cases:
- diseases of dental hard tissues,
- periodontal disease
- wounds and inflammation of the gums.
Dental gels Do not use for children under 1 yearas well as those who are allergic to medication components.
Elugel, in comparison with other anti-inflammatory gels and ointments, does not require cleansing of the oral cavity before applying it. The reason is that even when mixed with blood and organic substances, it has a therapeutic effect. Elgifluor applied to the gums 3 times a day. Therapy lasts about 2 weeks.
This gel serves to reduce pain in the oral cavity, brings about a healing process. It contains a derivative of corn oil. It "envelops" the mucous membrane of the gums and creates reliable protection. Dental can be used by people with dentures. Apply a thin layer of gel and rub in the gums 3-4 times a day with massaging movements.
It contains propolis and chlorhexidine digluconate. Designed to care for problematic gums and oral mucosa. Complex effect is achieved due to incoming natural extracts:
All these components have a bactericidal, astringent, soothing and softening effect. In addition, the process of regeneration of the oral mucosa is accelerated and bleeding of the gums leaves. Gel also reduces the severity of unpleasant symptoms when wearing braces and dentures.
Apply the medicine 2 times a day after the rehabilitation of the oral cavity. To do this, use a cotton swab or a clean finger. Do not use the gel for people with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Anesthetic gum gels containing lidocaine
The drug is based on lidocaine hydrochloride. It is widely used in the field of medicine and is intended for pain relief. The principle of its action is in blocking impulses coming to the brain from sources of pain. The active ingredients seem to freeze the signal and reduce unpleasant symptoms. Apply 2 times a day. Has such contraindications:
- chronic kidney disease,
- chronic diseases of the excretory system,
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
This is a dental gel, which is characterized by a complex antibacterial effect. Its components inhibit the activity of microbes, which became the cause of infection. In addition, the drug suppresses inflammation and fever, reduces pain, has an anti-fungal effect. Apply the product to the affected area 2-3 times a day.
The gel can be prescribed for treatment not only for adults, but also for children from 6 weeks to 10 years, but at the same time the dosage is reduced by 2 times.
The Malavit solution has entered this category. It has an intense cauterizing effect on the mucous membrane of the gums, as it contains alcohol. In the treatment of gums is used for fibrous proliferation of the gums. Rinse your mouth after every meal.
The following effective products can be distinguished:
- President Exclusive. It is a potent antiseptic that contains hexetidine and herbal extracts. Apply the paste for at least 2 days. At the end of this period, use drugs that do not contain antibiotics and antiseptics.
- Forest Balsam. The composition of this product contains many medicinal plants that have anti-inflammatory and astringent effects. Pasta is thin abrasive, so that the film removes bad. As soon as it was possible to reduce the intensity of symptoms, then switch to products with a normal abrasiveness index.
Propolis for inflammation of the gums
Propolis is an excellent tool not only for the treatment of colds, but also for inflammation of the gums. You can make tinctures from propolis, which will effectively relieve inflammation and contribute to the regenerative process and the healing of damaged gums.
- Take a tablespoon of propolis extract and dissolve it in two spoons of any vegetable oil. The resulting mixture must be lubricated with inflammation of the gums. Propolis in inflammation of the gums works effectively, especially if the inflammation is caused by viral diseases of the body, for example, angina.
- For the preparation of another means of propolis from inflammation of the gums will require St. John's wort. Take 1 teaspoon of crushed propolis, fill it with 100 ml of alcohol or vodka, pour half a teaspoon of Hypericum there, mix well, pour into a glass bottle or jar and let it brew for 4 weeks. From the obtained extract, you can prepare a solution for rinsing. To do this, enough 30 drops of tincture on a glass of water. Rinse must be five times a day.
Propolis is not recommended for the treatment of gum inflammation in children under one year of age and for people with allergies.
Rotocan with gum disease
Rotocan with inflammation of the gums is an antibacterial drug, the basis of which is plant raw materials. Also, healing herbs such as chamomile, yarrow, St. John's wort, and calendula are part of the rotokan. Extracts of these plants effectively remove inflammation from the mucous membrane of the gums. Rotokan is prescribed to patients with gum disease, stomatitis, gingivitis, or periodontal disease. Also, rotokan is used by those who have just undergone tartar cleaning procedures.
Rotokan works effectively in any diseases of the respiratory system, as well as diseases that cause low acidity. Since the drug is an excellent antiseptic, it copes well with cuts, wounds and burns. Therefore, when using rotokan to treat gingivitis, it is very important to conduct a full course of treatment. Because rotocan can cure gum disease at any stage. The drug can be used for prophylactic purposes.
Rotokan is prohibited to take pregnant women, nursing mothers and adolescents, so it is prescribed only for adult patients with gum disease.
Chlorophyllipt with gum disease
Chlorophyllitis has been used for inflammation of the gums for a very long time. The tool copes with long-term wounds and ulcers. The drug treats gingivitis, periodontitis, stomatitis, gingivitis, boils, and more. The drug can be used both for internal use and as a compress or basis for rinsing.
Chlorophyllitis is used as an oil for inflammation of the gums. It is the oil that lubricates the inflamed gums. Please note that before using the drug must be tested for sensitivity. This is necessary in order to ensure that the drug does not cause allergic reactions. Take a few drops of chlorophilipta dilute with water and rinse your mouth, if within 6 hours there are no side effects in the form of vomiting, nausea, dizziness, burning and tingling, then the drug can be safely used. The course of treatment with chlorophiliptum should not exceed 14 days, as the drug is addictive.
A plot from gum disease
A conspiracy against gum disease is one way to treat traditional medicine. Plots of inflammation of the gums must be read above the water on the new moon. To do this, take a glass of water and read the plot so that your breath almost touched the surface of the water. After reading the plot, part of the water must be drunk, and part of it should be poured into the street. Traditional medicine claims that relief will come in a week and the inflammation will recede. In addition to conspiracies, it is recommended to drink decoctions of young nettle, as they are excellent in relieving inflammation and have a preventive effect.
Plot from inflammation of the gums:
In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. I am going backwards, not by a forest, not by a garden, Not along a street, not along alleys, Not along deserted back streets. I’m coming, the young one is catching up with me, I, the servant of God (name), is torturing
Do your teeth hurt?
Do not hurt!
Do your teeth grieve?
Do not grieve!
God knows my words
The angel repeats my words.
My gums do not swell, do not bleed
From my conspiracy heal.
God knows my words
The angel repeats my words.
Like nobody from the sky
Mlada month will not reach,
So forever and ever
To my teeth, the disease will not stick.
Rev. Antipius, a dental healer, Strengthen my words, bless my work. Key, lock, tongue.
As a rule, the above treatment of inflammation of the gums does not cause allergic reactions and allows you to get rid of the early symptoms of inflammation even before going to the doctor.