They say that the duck is an amateur: the smell is peculiar, and there is a lot of fat, and the meat is tough. Have you ever eaten it, but really want to try? Cook the duck breasts in the oven. If you appreciate the taste of a new dish, it will become a frequent guest at your table. It is not necessary to use the same recipe every time. Duck breast in the oven is cooked in different ways: there is a daily and festive option. But first, a few secrets. In order to make the meat tasty, you need to choose it and prepare it.
- Long-term heat treatment makes the duck meat more dry.
- Before you put the breast in the oven, it is better to fry it slightly, so that the fat is melted and soaked.
- If the duck is cooked with the skin, it must be notched so that the meat does not constrict.
- If prepared without skin, it is removed before heat treatment.
- When frying, it is better not to use butter or take it at a minimum.
- To make duck meat softer and more tender, it is marinated before baking.
- You can not perederzhivat breasts in the marinade, otherwise they will turn out dry.
- Marinade should not be made too sour, in this case the meat will become inelastic.
- The duck fits perfectly with fruits and berries, from which you can prepare both marinade and sauce for the finished dish.
The most popular recipe
Duck breast in the oven can be baked with vegetables and fruits. The classic combination is with apples. Very few ingredients:
- one duck breast,
- one glass of water
- half a kilo of sour apples,
- half a tablespoon of mustard and honey,
- to taste olive oil and spices (salt, black pepper).
How to cook duck breasts with apples in the oven? It is easier than it seems, the main thing is to stick to the following algorithm:
- Wash the breast thoroughly and dry with a paper towel.
- Grate the meat with a mixture of olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Use a knife to cut the skin diagonally crosswise, so that fat is better melted and the breast absorbs salt and pepper.
- Put pressure on the meat and leave it for an hour.
- Remove grains from apples and cut into slices.
- Pour water into a pan, drip some olive oil and put the breast in there.
- Cover it with apple slices and place for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
- In order for the meat to become soft, juicy, you need to periodically water it with water in the baking tray with leaked fat.
- Mix honey and mustard.
- Ten minutes before full readiness to grease the meat with honey-mustard mixture.
Juicy duck breast in the oven (recipe with photos)
Preparing the dish is very easy - see for yourself!
What to take from the products:
- 600 grams of duck fillet (breast)
- two teaspoons of natural honey (liquid, not candied),
- 10 grams of garlic,
- on a quarter of a teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper,
- 100 ml of soy sauce.
- Rinse the breast, after removing the remnants of feathers from the skin (if they were), and dry with paper or a clean cloth towel.
- Incise the skin in a grill without damaging the meat.
- Crush garlic, grate or chop finely. Mix the honey with garlic, pepper and salt and rub the duck breast with the resulting mixture.
- Put the meat in a disposable form, pour soy sauce and leave for an hour (if longer - put in the refrigerator).
- When time is up, put the form with the breast in the sauce in a heated oven for forty minutes.
- Remove the prepared meat, let the sauce drain with the fat, which can later be filled with a side dish.
- Cut the meat into slices, serve with rice (macaroni) or as a separate dish, hot or cold.
Duck breast in cognac
To make duck meat soft and juicy, it must first be held in the marinade, which can be made in different ways. We offer an exquisite recipe. Duck breast in the oven will be cooked on a wire rack, and the following products will be needed for this:
- one duck breast,
- 50 grams of brandy
- one head of onions,
- a bunch of parsley and cilantro,
- two cloves of garlic,
- one or two bay leaves,
- to taste salt and pepper.
- Wash the meat thoroughly and wipe it off with a towel.
- Remove the skin, rub with pepper and salt.
- Prepare marinade from brandy, chopped onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, bay leaf.
- Put the breasts in the marinade, cover with something heavy and hold for six hours.
- When the meat is soaked, place it in the oven on the rack, under which to put a container of water.
- From time to time, water the breast with this water.
- After half an hour the dish should be ready.
It is very easy to prepare duck breast in the oven in the sleeve. The recipe is simple again, and the dish will turn out tasty and juicy thanks to orange and honey, which are ideally combined with duck meat.
- two duck breasts,
- half a kilo of potatoes,
- half orange,
- tablespoon of honey
- tablespoon of vegetable oil,
- a teaspoon of salt,
- a third of a teaspoon of pepper mix.
- Rinse and dry the breasts with a towel.
- Squeeze orange juice and mix it with honey.
- Rub the breasts with salt and pepper, pour marinade from honey and orange juice and leave for half an hour.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces, add vegetable oil and salt.
- Place the breasts with potatoes in a sleeve and send in the oven.
- Bake at 220 degrees for an hour.
In foil with cranberry sauce
To get aromatic and tender meat, use the following recipe. Duck breast in the oven is cooked in foil. Take the products:
- 800 grams of duck fillet,
- one medium bulb,
- 150 ml of water
- 60 ml of wine vinegar,
- ground black pepper, salt to taste.
- Wash and dry the breast, rub it with salt and pepper.
- Chop the onion into rings and overlay the duck fillet.
- Mix the water with vinegar, pour over the meat, leave for two hours.
- Remove from the marinade on a napkin to excess liquid glass.
- Breast fry on both sides, wrap in foil so that the juice does not leak out during baking.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees and place meat for half an hour.
- Remove from the stove, cool, cut into slices (possible diagonally).
One of the ways of serving is with cranberry sauce, perfectly combined to taste with duck meat. For its preparation will require:
- 100 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of cranberries.
Cranberry bust, rinse under running water, add sugar to it, crush the berries and put on fire. When the sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat, cool, pass through a small strainer and pour over pieces of duck breast.
Learning how to cook duck breasts, you can think of suitable side dishes. We offer one of the most successful and unusual, the ingredients of which are well combined with duck meat. This is a red cabbage that needs to be stewed with apples and cumin.
- a small fork of red cabbage,
- two apples,
- one bulb,
- half a teaspoon of cumin,
- half a glass of red wine
- tablespoon of vinegar,
- pepper, salt (to taste).
- Chop cabbage and fry a little with the juice remaining after cooking duck breasts: so the cabbage will acquire a special taste.
- Peel apples, core, coarsely grate.
- Onions thinly cut into half rings.
- Add apples and onions to cabbage and simmer for five minutes, then pour in red wine and simmer for about ten minutes.
- After that, put in the cabbage cumin, pepper, salt, a tablespoon of wine bite and simmer for another five minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover the container with a lid, leave for a few minutes to infuse the dish.
- Serve with sliced breast.
How to cook duck breast
First you need to see if there are any feathers left somewhere. If you find - scorch over the fire. Then wash the breast and dry well with a towel.
It is necessary to make notches on the skin, but so as not to cut it through. The skin of a duck is thick, thicker than chicken, but nevertheless one must proceed with caution. Breast is incised with either parallel incisions obliquely, or obliquely, but perpendicular to each other (diamonds). Why do you need it? First of all, when roasting, excess fat is melted, which is located just under the skin. Secondly, if this is not done, then during frying the skin will contract and will look ugly.
Then you can marinate the breast, as indicated in the recipe. Or in the simplest case, rub well with coarse salt and pepper. Leave to lie down for at least 20 minutes.
We will fry in a dry, well-heated pan with a non-stick coating or cast iron. There will be a lot of splashing, so be prepared for this. Breast is placed on the pan skin down. It is very convenient to wish for it in special silicone gloves - a tack, then that it will have to be pressed down to the surface of the pan. If there are no gloves, grab the spatula.
Fry on the side with skin for 5-7 minutes. Then turn over and on the second side for another 3 minutes. If a piece is fat, you can still put it on one flank for 2 minutes and at the other for 2 minutes.
Then remove from heat. For lovers of roasting medium rare (with blood) - the meat is ready. For everyone else, there are two options for the development of events - continue cooking in a pan, pour 2-3 tablespoons of water there, under the lid, over moderate heat for 10 more minutes, put in a baking dish (or directly in this pan, if it allows) , put in the oven and hold there at a temperature of 170-180 ° C the same 10 minutes.
After cooking, in no case can not immediately cut the meat. Remove the lid or foil and let the roast rest for a few minutes. During this time, you can make some sauce or a side dish. By the way, the fat that was drowned from the breast in the pan is just enough to fry the potatoes.
Duck meat loves sweet-sour and even sweet sauces, fruit and berry. And here again there will be a recipe from Olga Bondas, where there will be fruit and a lot of spices.
How to choose?
To duck breast turned out tender, it must be fresh. And how to determine this when buying in a store? Pay attention to the following points:
- It is advisable to get the breast chilled, because after freezing some of the healthy and taste properties are lost.
- Packaging must be intact.
- Duck meat is rather dark, it has a gray-maroon tint. If it is brown or light, then they are trying to deceive you.
- If on the package you find the inscription “Magret”, it means that the duck was fattened to produce foie gras. The breast will be wider and fat.
- Pay attention to shelf life.
Incredibly juicy and tasty breasts can be cooked with orange sauce. You will need:
- two duck breasts,
- five tablespoons of soy sauce,
- three medium sized oranges
- 150 ml of white wine,
- 150 ml of chicken broth,
- two tablespoons of honey
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Wash duck breasts, dry and fry in a frying pan for literally two or three minutes on each side, so that a light blush appears.
- Next, pour the roasted breasts with soy sauce and send to the oven for ten minutes (it is desirable to grease the bottom of the mold with a small amount of olive oil, but this is not necessary).
- Next, proceed to the most interesting - the preparation of the sauce. In a saucepan, mix the chicken broth and white wine. Peel the oranges, squeeze the juice out of them and pour it into the pot, put it on the fire.
- When the mixture boils, put honey, pepper and salt in it. Boil the sauce until thick.
- Cut the finished breasts into slices and immerse in the prepared sauce, stew in it for about 5 minutes on low heat.
Try to make a very tasty and very unusual salad from the breast. Here is what you need for this:
- one breast
- tablespoon of olive oil,
- 200 grams of cranberries,
- 200 grams of arugula (can be replaced with leaf lettuce),
- 100 grams of olives (green),
- two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar,
- two tablespoons of honey.
- Breasts need to be roasted on low heat for about 7-8 minutes on each side. Then cool them slightly and cut into strips or cubes.
- Arugula narvite.
- Mix balsamic vinegar with honey to get a dressing.
- Mix the ingredients, salt them if necessary and season with the sauce.
- Salad ready!
Breast can be fried. Here is what you need for this:
- 100 ml of apple juice,
- 50 ml white wine,
- one duck breast,
- olive oil,
- First you need to wash the breast and marinate in apple juice with wine. Leave it in this mixture for 40 minutes, then rub with salt.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Breast cut into two or three parts, so that it was convenient to fry.
- Fry the pieces on each side until golden brown, then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about three minutes.
In the oven, you can cook amazing breast with apples. Prepare the following ingredients:
- one duck breast,
- two apples,
- 50 grams of butter,
- three tablespoons of balsamic vinegar,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Breast should be superficially notched in several places and fry in a small amount of butter in a pan (literally a minute on each side).
- Now cut the roasted breast into portioned pieces of medium size, each rub with salt.
- Melt the remaining oil and mix with balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Wash apples, peel and chop them.
- Lubricate the apples and breast pieces with an oil-vinegar mixture.
- Put everything in a baking dish and send it to an oven preheated to 160-170 degrees for 15 minutes.
Make a delicious breast in a sweet and sour sauce. You will need:
- one breast
- olive oil,
- shallot onion head,
- three cloves of garlic,
- one apple
- one lemon,
- two teaspoons of sugar,
- 30 grams of butter,
- salt to taste and paprika.
- Salt the breasts, rub with paprika powder, then cut them crosswise over the skin and fry in olive oil on each side until rudderiness appears. Next, send them to the oven for ten minutes.
- Apple rub with a small grater, squeeze the juice out of lemon. Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
- In a skillet in which you fry the breast, fry the garlic with onions. Then add apple sauce and lemon juice.
- Then put the remaining butter, paprika, sugar and salt, mix everything and stew for a couple of minutes.
- Immerse the pre-sliced breast in the sauce and stew for a minute.
Little cooking secrets
Useful tips for hostesses:
- Cooking the breast for a long time is not recommended, then it may get too dry. Ideal options are weak roasting (traces of blood are noticeable) or medium (there is practically no blood, but the meat is pinkish).
- Even if you decide to cook the breast in the oven, pre-fry it slightly. In the process of roasting, the subcutaneous fat will melt and soak the pulp, due to which it will become even more tender and soft.
- It is advisable not to remove the skin before heat treatment, but after it, since the fat that should soften the meat is contained in the skin. And if the skin is removed immediately, the pulp can be quite sinewy.
- In order not to peel the meat in the cooking process, it is desirable to make several cross-cuts on it.
- If you decide to fry the breast, then add a minimal amount of butter, preferably without a smell or with a pleasant light aroma (for example, olive oil). And you can do without it, if you use a frying pan with non-stick coating.
- To make the meat more tender, it is recommended to pre-pickle it. But if you keep the breast in the marinade for too long, the situation, on the contrary, can get worse, so do not overdo it: 30-45 minutes will be enough. In addition, the marinade should not be too acidic, as the acid makes the fibers hard and inelastic.
- Duck meat goes well with berries and fruits. And of them can be prepared as a light marinade, and a terrific sauce that will make the breast even more delicious, savory and tender.
Now the duck breast will definitely get tasty and juicy!
Duck Breast - General Cooking Principles
Duck's finest hour - Christmas or New Year. However, duck breast will decorate any holiday table or a cozy family meal. The main thing is to make friends with this meat, that is, to know the main secrets of its preparation and heat treatment.
First of all, the meat must be prepared. From the duck breast should cut off excess fat and get rid of the specific smell. There are many options. You can soak the breast in milk, or coat it with mustard, or pickle in an acidic medium (wine, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar) or sprinkle with vodka, brandy. The piece should be soaked or marinated for half an hour. Various recipes prescribe to free the breast from the skin or leave it, completely cut off the fat or cook the meat with it.
Then the meat should be washed, dried, rubbed with your favorite spices, dried herbs, seasonings to taste. You can cook it in different ways: bake in one piece, form steaks, cut into cubes, slices or plates, stuffed. For stuffing fit liver, mushrooms, olives, apples, cheese - everything that allows the hostess imagination.
If the duck is stuffed with apples and sauerkraut, they cook stews and pasta from it, then the breast is dried, stewed, fried, baked. To cook duck breast more tasty, recipes must include various sauces: berry, fruit, creamy, mushroom, honey.
Грудку утки удобно готовить в духовке, предварительно в течение четырех минут обжарив на сковороде. For perfect cooking of duck breasts, recipes should take into account the required degree of roasting. After eight minutes in the oven, you can taste the meat with blood. Ten minutes later, the breast will receive an average degree of roasting, after twelve - a strong one.
Dried duck breast "French"
Dried meat is always of increased interest among gourmets. The delicacy is very expensive, but you can cook it at home. It is cheaper and more useful. To wither the duck breast, you can take different recipes. One of them was born in France. It requires a minimum of ingredients: meat, salt, rosemary and pepper. Cooking meat will take a long time, three weeks, but it's worth it. Breast get fragrant, tasty, will be stored for a long time.
• two hundred grams of coarse salt,
• dried rosemary whole twigs,
• ground black pepper to taste.
Cut off all the fat from the meat, leave the skin.
In a dry plastic container pour a hundred grams of salt, put back the breast, pour the remaining salt.
Keep container tightly closed in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
Rinse the breast thoroughly, completely getting rid of salt, then dry with paper towels.
Grate with pepper and rosemary, wrap in a dry linen napkin and remove the wilting in the refrigerator for three weeks. Try a delicacy, if you really want, you can in two weeks.
Duck breast with blackcurrant sauce
Duck breast, the recipes of which include berry sauces, are practically restaurant. Juicy, tender meat is deliciously combined with a sweet and sour sauce. Cinnamon, anise, and allspice add an extra flavor to the dish.
• two duck breasts with a total weight of 800 grams,
• a glass of black currant,
• three tablespoons of sugar,
• two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar,
• two tablespoons of soy sauce,
• juice of two oranges,
• a spoon of ground cinnamon or one whole stick,
• two pieces of anise,
• three peppercorns,
• two tablespoons of blackcurrant jam.
Beat two-thirds cup of currant with a blender and rub through a metal sieve.
Pour sugar into the mass, pour vinegar and soy sauce, mix.
Fry the prepared breasts in a dry frying pan at an average temperature skin down until the skin is well reddened. If the draining fat is too much, part of it needs to be poured.
Turn the breasts down the inside, fry for two minutes.
Transfer the meat to a thick-bottomed pot or roaster, close the lid tightly. So the breasts will reach the desired degree of readiness on their own. Meat will keep juiciness, will become tender.
The melted fat for this dish is no longer needed, it should be poured into a separate container and used to prepare other dishes.
While the meat is resting, make the sauce.
Squeeze orange juice.
Pour the juice into the pan, put the remaining berries, jam, spices and cook with a slow boil until the sauce thickens.
As soon as the mass began to boil down, put in her breasts.
Raise the temperature to the maximum and fry the breasts with the sauce for two minutes.
Divide into portions and serve, pour over the sauce.
Duck breast "Honey"
The honey flavor of duck breast, the recipe of which is given below, interrupts the specific smell of this meat. It turns out very fragrant and incredibly juicy with a minimum of ingredients. Spices can take any, focusing on your own taste.
• one duck breast,
• tablespoon of honey,
• spices to taste.
In the prepared breast from the fat side make cuts in such a way that the meat appears.
Put the meat in a dry preheated pan with fatty parts down and heat the fat for about five to six minutes.
Turn the meat over and fry for another four minutes.
Put the meat in foil, make cuts in it, not allowing the breast to fall apart, and pour (grease it) with honey.
Pack tightly in foil with seams upward so that the juice could not flow out and bake at 200 degrees for fifteen minutes.
Remove the meat, divide into portions and serve.
Duck breast in soy caramel sauce
Duck breast, which is really a lot of recipes, is good in soy-caramel sauce. Meat requires pre-marinating, making it particularly juicy, gets rid of the characteristic smell. Caramel gives the dish a fantastic taste. This recipe is used for breast preparation in France.
• one duck breast,
• half a cup of soy sauce,
• three tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice,
• two tablespoons of honey,
• ground black pepper,
• berries for decoration (optional).
Remove the prepared breast from fat and cut into portions.
Make a marinade by mixing chopped garlic, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, pepper.
Put the pieces of meat in the marinade, cover the container with a lid or foil, put in the fridge for an hour, and if you have time, then for a day. Long marinating will give the meat tenderness and matchless aroma.
Wipe the pieces with a paper napkin, peeling the marinade.
Fry in a dry well heated pan. The breasts are fat enough; additional cooking oil is not required.
If you want to try the meat with blood, one or two minutes is enough. To be fully cooked, continue frying for five minutes. The meat in any case should turn pinkish inside.
Meat shift in a separate bowl.
Pour the marinade into the pan (throw out the garlic) and bring the caramel to medium-high condition over two or three minutes of heating. Too long marinate marinate is not worth it, as the caramel thickens when it cools.
Pour the meat with caramel and serve, garnish with raspberries, blackberries or currants, if desired.
Duck breast with spinach and mushrooms in puff pastry envelope
For duck breast recipes are easy to select. The main thing is to know exactly what the soul asks. If the family does not deny itself home baking, the ideal combination of taste and benefit will be meat baked in puff pastry with spinach and mushrooms.
• two duck breasts with a total weight of 350 grams,
• 250 grams of fresh champignons,
• 230 grams of canned mushrooms,
• two tablespoons of mustard,
• 20 leaves of fresh spinach,
• 300 grams of puff pastry,
• spoon of olive oil,
• three teaspoons of dried rosemary,
• freshly ground black pepper to taste,
Mushrooms are very finely chopped.
Grate the prepared breasts with salt, pepper and rosemary.
Heat the butter and fry the breasts in it for five to six minutes on both sides.
Put the meat in a separate dish, coat with mustard and wrap a sheet of foil.
Onions fry in the same pan until transparent.
Add mushrooms, salt and continue frying for another ten minutes.
Put the mushroom mass in a separate bowl to cool.
Spread cling film on the table. Put a layer of cooled mushrooms, then fresh spinach, finish laying duck breast.
Tighten the edges of the film, forming a "candy." Transfer the convolutions to the refrigerator and leave for half an hour.
Roll out dough sheets half a centimeter thick.
Beat egg and fluff the edges of the dough.
Remove the breast from the film, put in the center of the dough.
Cover the meat in the mushroom mixture with a second layer of dough.
Gently form an envelope, pressing the dough on the edge.
Spread an egg on the cake and bake for about twenty minutes at a temperature of 190-200 degrees. The baking time and temperature need to be adjusted based on the characteristics of the particular oven.
Duck breast stuffed with liver
For duck breast recipes allow and this method of preparation, as stuffing. The original taste has the breast stuffed with chicken liver. Bacon adds to the dish juiciness. Baked pumpkin, soaked with juice, it turns out fantastically delicious.
• one duck breast,
• one hundred grams of chicken or duck liver,
• 50 grams of bacon,
• 200 grams of pumpkin,
• two spoons of olive oil,
• two cloves of garlic.
Crush the garlic and rub them with chicken liver.
Salt and pepper, sprinkle with spices if desired.
Cut the bacon into thin slices.
Wrap the liver in bacon.
Release the prepared breast from the skin and make cuts so that pockets form.
Lay the bacon and liver rolls in these pockets.
Wrap the remaining bacon strips.
Cut the pumpkin into small pieces. Salt, pepper, sprinkle with a mixture of Provencal herbs or other seasoning to taste.
Mix oil with chopped garlic, pickle pumpkin.
Put the pumpkin base on a baking sheet or in the form.
Roast the duck breast for two or three minutes in a frying pan, then lay on top of the pumpkin.
Bake at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes. If the oven is “strong”, the baking time may be less.
Remove meat, cool, chop and serve with pumpkin side dish.
Duck breast under vegetables
The company to the duck breast recipes offer not only vegetables, but rice. Very quickly and tasty you can feed your family or guests, if you cook the meat with peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes. The aroma of this dish turns out amazing.
• a pound of duck breast,
• one Bulgarian pepper,
• three spoons of butter,
• a slice of hard cheese (50 grams is enough),
• three tablespoons of corn flour for breading (you can take any),
• sprig of cherry tomatoes,
• bag of steamed rice.
Breast cut into portions, beat and rub with spices to taste.
Breasted meat in corn flour, fry for three minutes in a hot frying pan on both sides.
Fry some pepper and carrots, add onions and bring vegetables to readiness in five to six minutes.
Add tomatoes, warm slightly with other vegetables.
Meat shift into shape.
Put the vegetable mixture on it.
Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake at 190 degrees for 15 minutes.