How to make an exclusive signet with your own hands that nobody will definitely have? Below are a few interesting options.
The original signet is obtained from the most ordinary nut. But immediately it is worth warning that this method is not the easiest and will require certain skills and the availability of specialized tools.
Here is what you need:
- the nut (its diameter should almost coincide with the girth of the finger on which you plan to wear the jewelry),
- angle grinder,
- masking tape (or nail polish),
- sanding machine,
- pelts (600 and 220 grit),
- sharp knife
- cotton buds,
- Power Supply,
- water and ordinary table salt.
- First, the corners grind all the corners to give it a shape close to the seal. Securely clamp it with pliers and with the help of an angle grinder begin to work the corners. But leave one side unprocessed: it will play the role of the ring.
- Then you need to carry out the narrowing, which will allow to achieve a form of decoration This procedure is performed gradually, and it is important to adhere to the symmetry of all sides. When the workpiece is narrowed enough, it will be possible to cut chamfers from its edges, and then bring the shape to almost perfect.
- Now go to the internal processing of the future signet. The thread is removed with a grinding machine, as it can injure or rub the skin of the finger. Processing is done uniformly to preserve symmetry.
- The file smoothes out all the irregularities left by the grinder and grinder. The stage of grinding is completed with the use of pelts of different grit. Try to achieve a flat surface so that the decoration looks attractive and neat. Better to start with 220, and then go to 600.
- Now you can go on to create a sketch print. It all depends solely on your imagination: you can make a Celtic pattern or any inscription, meaningful date or initials.
- Now you need to prepare the blank for printing. To do this, you can stick masking tape on its widest main part in several layers or apply nail polish. Now, over the treated ring, apply the selected image with a sharp knife to create an impression.
- Next is the etching by electrolysis. As a power source, you can choose a charger. The process is not so complicated, but be prepared for not the most pleasant smell. From water and salt, prepare a fairly concentrated solution. And the positive charge of the power supply unit is connected to the ring. Moisten a cotton swab in saline solution and attach a negative charge to this side. You got a homemade electrode, which you need to hold along the contours of the imprint so that hollows form in the metal. After etching, you need to disconnect the billet from the current and remove the adhesive tape or varnish layer.
- The last step will be varnishing, which will give the ring a gloss and attractive appearance. You can take as nail polish, and special acrylic, but always transparent.
At home, you can make an interesting seal of polymer clay. Here is what you need:
- polymer clay (you can use different colors),
- needle or other sharp object
- acrylic paints.
- Take the polymer clay, from which you will make the basis. Roll up the sausage, wrap the finger with it, flatten the piece a little to make a regular ring.
- Next, take another portion of clay, from it form a ring, for example, round, oval or square. On it with a needle make an imprint. You can also create three-dimensional patterns or shapes: a skull, a pistol, or something else.
- Attach the ring to the ring. Next, the product must be burned in the oven at 105-110 degrees for the time indicated on the clay packaging.
- Now you can, if you wish, paint the signet with acrylic paints.
Try making a sign with your own hands: it will be an interesting gift for a man.
Sew for use and for joy
The beauty of gloves is not only style, fashion. They can be beautiful also by their special purpose, for example, a doll-glove, the pattern of which is extremely simple, but allows you to create an amazing toy. Its feature is that almost every finger of the hand becomes a part of a fairy-tale character. Usually, the head is fastened to the index finger, the middle and the big fingers become hands-paws, the ring finger and the little finger most often do not participate in the game, but can create additional volume, for example, if the toy is a fat bear-bear. It is sewn not too hard, such a glove doll with your own hands. Patterns for her can be divided into two parts - the head of the toy and directly the glove itself. The head for such fun can be “borrowed” from a toy made of platmass or rubber “tweeter”. But the pattern can be done like this:
- On the sheet of thick paper to put the right hand of the one who will play with the toy-glove, placing the thumb and index fingers separately, and connecting the middle, ring finger and little finger together.
- Circle the contour, it will turn out three-fingered.
- Similarly, circle the left hand along the same contour, aligning the middle finger of the other hand.
- The contour of the index finger should be made a little wider, so that, in the process of sewing the glove, there could be inserted a cardboard or plastic tube-rest attached to the head of the toy. However, if the fabric for gloves is rather thick, for example, artificial fur or thick drape, then this stage can be omitted.
- Merge two contours by drawing common lines.
- Add a centimeter to fit, as the dressmakers say, re-circle the contour of the glove and cut the pattern.
From the fabric, you can immediately cut out the two halves of the glove, folding it face down. Stitching a body can be tied with seam over the edge - the seam will securely connect the parts and prevent fabric from falling.
The selected head is attached to the glove with glue and thread with a needle. If plastic or rubber can be punctured with a thick needle or an awl, then the head can be sewn, but still it is safe to glue it with glue. However, you can immediately draw on the pattern of the contours of the head of the toy and cut everything into one, to sew.
Put on the glove-body the necessary decor, corresponding to the character. Glove-toy is ready.
For autumn cool and happy days
But still a glove in the form of a toy is an accessory for games with children, which are mainly interested in parents and kindergarten teachers. The absolute majority of people need gloves to protect their hands from the cold. The pattern of gloves, which will help to create exactly what you need according to the weather, is much more complicated than the pattern of a toy. An accessory that protects hands from the cold should not only be beautiful, but also comfortable, so designing it is a painstaking matter, each finger should feel comfortable, and if four fingers can still be arranged somehow by drawing the outline of the hand, then for the thumb need a separate undercut detail. The pattern of leather gloves will be exactly the same as for gloves made of a suitable fabric. The difference will be in tailoring. It is easier not to build a pattern, but to find a suitable palm.
Individual glove pattern
It is easy to sew gloves with their own hands. Patterns - that's the main problem. Most often, if they catch the eye, then the standard and large enough. But it is better if you already sew a handy accessory with your own hands so that the pattern of gloves is ideal for your own palms. Therefore, you should do this:
- Fold a sheet of paper in half so that one palm fits on one side.
- Put your hand on the piece of paper so that the fold of the sheet falls on the outer edge of the index finger.
- Close the four fingers, and put the big finger to the side. Carefully drawing a pencil perpendicular to the sheet, circle the palm.
- Mark the length of the fingers, putting down the points with a pencil.
- Draw the outline of the palm with your fingers.
- Transfer the drawing to the second half of the sheet is strictly symmetrical (you can use the student method - through glass).
- The contour of the index finger is divided exactly in half, drawing a line down.
- Attach the palm to the pattern, slightly turning it to the side and holding the thumb, mark two points of intersection of the line on the pattern and the thumb as indicated in the figure below.
- Points copy symmetrically about the axis.
- On the traced points to build an oval - a hole for the thumb.
As shown in the figure below, build a dart on the freedom to fit the thumb. Hatching indicates the place to be cut.
Pattern for the thumb
In order for the glove pattern to be extremely comfortable, it is necessary to correctly build a thumb pattern. It is done like this:
- A sheet of paper is again folded in half.
- The thumb should be applied to the sheet and outline its contour to the points along which the palm pattern was drawn.
- Transfer the contour of the finger to the symmetrical side.
- Sheet expand and draw the pattern of the thumb, given that the seam will pass on the inside and not the outside.
Every finger is in the house
In principle, the pattern is ready, if you want to sew mittens. But to get a quality pattern of gloves, each finger should be placed in a separate "house". For this you need to build patterns. Draw each finger around the contour, alternately with one and the other, applying it on the edge of the table with the inside to the sheet. Be sure to note the lower points of the connection of the finger and palm from the back and from the side of the palm, since the bottom line of each pattern will be inclined, which is due to anatomy. Do not forget to indicate on each pattern, which finger and with which one should be connected, in order to avoid confusion during the assembly process.
The cuffs are so different
So, the pattern of gloves is ready. It remains to come up and carve out the cuffs. They can be completely different. So, the pattern of men's gloves implies not too long straight-shaped cuffs. But women's gloves can have not only cuffs, which ones will like, but also absolutely any length. It is clear that elegant gloves of guipure can be almost the length of the shoulder. Then the pattern of gloves is complemented by a pattern of the hand to the necessary length. When all the details are tailored, you can sew this accessory.
Mitts - fingerless gloves
Mitts are most often used by those who for some reason are not too comfortable in gloves, and their fingers should be "free." Or they may be the summer version of this accessory. And mitts like sportsmen, cyclists, for example. The pattern of fingerless gloves is built on the same principle as ordinary gloves. The only thing that the length of the fingers depends on the wishes of the future owner. In mittens, the thumb pattern is important, while other fingers can do without much detail on each part. If the fingers on the glove are not needed at all, then an interesting accessory is sewn, having only a well-built hole for the thumb. Further, the pattern of gloves without fingers is simply cut off at the level of the beginning of the first phalanx of fingers.
For all occasions
A well-designed pattern of gloves for a specific hand will allow sewing any protection and beauty for hands — summer openwork, winter fur, fancy brocade, sports from elastane — gloves will become a necessary accessory, moreover, ideally sitting in the palm of your hand. If you carefully design your own gloves, then you will simply sew and wear them.
YOU WILL NEED:
- soft skin
- pattern paper
- thread to skin tone
- sewing machine
Take a piece of paper and fold it in half. Place your hand on the folded edge of the paper so that your thumb stays out of the paper. Leave a space between your index finger and the edge of the paper. Slightly separate your fingers and circle your hand, leaving 3 mm above your fingertips and on the side of your little finger. When drawing between fingers, start from the little finger and move your fingers apart only to put points in the narrowest places. It is important that the lines between the fingers are parallel.
Mark points B and C where the thumb comes up to the hand. Draw a vertical line from A (this is the point at the top of the gap between the index and middle fingers) and the horizontal lines in B and C. Draw an oval hole for the thumb.
To make a crotch pattern, place your finger on the edge of the paper and circle each one (except the big one) with a pencil and cut it out.
Connect the corresponding fingers with the gusset: the index finger with the middle, middle with the ring finger, ring finger with the little finger. Circle around each pair of fingers. Mark each finger.
Tip: for sewing gloves, choose a thin and smooth skin. It must be elastic, but only in one direction - across the width of the glove, otherwise it will greatly stretch when worn.
Before you cut, draw a curve at the bottom of each insert. Cut the patterns along this curve. Your three crotches will look something like this.
Make a pattern for the big finger. Circle around your finger. At the midpoint of the gap, draw a “wing / sash” to the right, then draw a pattern. At this stage you draw only half of the pattern. At the tip of the thumb, add a little space for the suture, since the thumb does not have a crotch. Fold the paper in half and draw the outline of the half pattern you just drew.
First do a test fitting. Before you start working with the skin, it is better to make a test glove of cotton or muslin to make sure that the pattern is correct. Use a thread of a contrasting color to easily see where you sew and where you need to correct the pattern. When you achieve the correct pattern, you can make as many leather gloves as you want without a test specimen.
Pin the pattern to the back of the skin, placing the longest side of each crotch to the back of the hand (where there is no hole for the thumb). Sew intermittent stitch indented 3 mm from the edge. If you need to fit the shape of your fingers, do it now.
Turn and try on.
Fold each part of the thumb detail (facing each other) in half lengthwise and sew. Leave the bottom open. Trim the corner so that it is turned out facing out. Turn the part of the thumb face up.
Pin the front sides to the glove, aligning the seam of the thumb detail with the seam of the index finger. Try on a glove to make sure it fits. Customize if necessary. Perhaps the “wings” of the thumb details will need to be cut to fit well. Pin again and try on. When all is well, sew the thumb part to the glove.
Sew the sides and hem the lower part of the gloves.