Kupaty can be prepared by yourself at home or purchased in the store semi-finished products. They are the national dish of Georgian cuisine, which can be cooked in different ways, for example, fry in the oven, on the grill and in the pan. It is recommended to serve them on the table in hot condition immediately after heat treatment. They are tasty in combination with pomegranate and tomato sauce and greens.
How to make kupaty?
Before you figure out how to fry the product, we offer to learn how to cook them at home. In this case, there is no doubt about the quality of the products used for cooking. Meat can be taken different or a mixture of several options. It is best to use fatty meat for juiciness.
For this recipe, you must take the following components:
- 1 kg of meat, 3 onions, 2 tbsp. spoons of vinegar 9%, spices, salt and pepper, and another 2 m of pork intestines.
- Meat is best cut with a knife, and not grind with a meat grinder. Cubes should be no more than 1 cm. Connect them with chopped onions. Add spices, vinegar and salt. Knead everything well with your hands and leave the mince for a couple of hours so that the meat is marinated,
- Wash the intestines and fill them with prepared minced meat. Sausages can be of any length, but most often they are made 15-20 cm. Tie the ends with a string. That's all kupaty can fry or freeze for the future.
How to cook in the pan kupaty of semi-finished products?
Kupaty are ideal not only for a picnic, but also for different meals. For a variety of taste different sauces, spices, etc. are used.
There are some culinary tricks that will allow you to properly prepare this type of sausages:
- To prevent the intestines from bursting during frying, it is recommended to lower them for a minute
stuffed in boiling water. After that, they should be blotted with a paper towel to remove excess liquid, then the oil will not splash during frying. Another secret that will allow sausages to remain intact, pierce them on each side with a needle,
- Frozen kupaty should be properly thawed. To do this, first leave them in the refrigerator, and then, at room temperature,
- Roasting should take place over medium heat, and to get a crisp at the end of the heat treatment, the fire should be increased.
There are several ways to cook kupaty in a pan, we suggest to consider them in more detail.
- Cooking option number 1. If it is wrong to fry sausages, then the casing may burst. They are recommended to boil beforehand in a small volume of water, and when the liquid is completely evaporated, fry. Take a deep frying pan and send there 1 tbsp. spoon of oil and 0.5 tbsp. plain water. Put the blanks and simmer under the lid for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking, turning from time to time. Understand how much in a frying pan fry kupaty to readiness? It is worth spending 15 minutes for such heat treatment. As a result, sausages will get a golden crust.
- Cooking option number 2. In this way, it is worth cooking the cooking with boiling. To do this, put 1 tsp of salt, 4 bay leaves, black and allspice, 0.5 tsp of coriander and dill seed on 1 liter of water. Boil for 12 minutes. It is recommended to leave the sausages in the water to cool. Then, remove them and blot with a paper towel. The next step is roasting in butter until golden brown on all sides.
How to stew kupaty in a pan?
Sausages made according to this recipe are juicy and tender. Tomato-garlic sauce makes the dish original and savory.
For this dish should take the following ingredients:
- 5 sausages, 3 tomatoes, 2 onions, 4 chives of garlic, 5 cm. Ginger root, chili, herbs, spices and salt.
- Sausages cut into 1 cm thick pieces. Fry them on a large fire with butter and put into a plate,
- Crush the onion with garlic, and grate the ginger with the tomatoes. In hot oil, fry onions, add tomato paste and bring to a boil. Put the other ingredients in there too.
- After boiling again, put the sausages and simmer them for 10 minutes. serve with chopped greens.
How to fry kupaty in tomato sauce in a pan?
Sausages in tomato sauce are tasty and spicy. The combination of meat with tomatoes has always been considered ideal, and spices make the taste even more piquant.
For this recipe of kupat in a pan, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- 4 sausages, 2 tbsp. spoons of pasta from tomatoes and sour cream, 1 tbsp. spoon of soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of herbs and dill half.
- Kupaty should pierce from both sides so that they do not burst during cooking. In the pan
Heat the butter and send the sausages there. Cook for 12 minutes. before the formation of golden brown on all sides,
- For tomato sauce, separately mix the chopped garlic, pasta, sour cream and soy sauce. Mix everything well and pour a little water so that the mixture is liquid. Add the sauce to the main ingredient, sprinkle with herbs, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped greens before serving.
Recipe for kupat with lecho
This dish is cooked quickly and easily. It is suitable for any side dish, but sausages with mashed potatoes are especially tasty. Thanks to the vegetables and sauce, the sausages are juicy and tender.
To prepare you should take the following ingredients:
- Pierce sausages from both sides and put in a preheated pan. It is important to know how much time in this recipe to fry products, in general, you have to spend about 15 minutes. It is important to periodically turn the sausages in order to form a uniform ruddy crust,
- Add lecho and simmer on low heat for 10 min. During this time, sausages must be fully prepared.
How to cook kupaty with vegetables?
Thanks to this recipe, you can prepare a complete dish that can be served at any meal. It is very satisfying and tasty.
For this dish it is worth taking the following ingredients:
- 4 sausages, onion, chive, 2 carrots, 220 g of canned tomatoes, 100 ml of fruit cider, 0.5 tbsp. chicken broth, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of butter, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Kupaty should pierce in several places with a fork so that they do not burst. In the pan
Heat the butter, put the sausages and fry for 5 minutes. over high fire. As a result, a ruddy crust should form. Do not forget to turn over. Putting blanks need on paper towels to remove excess fat,
- Peel vegetables. Onion cut into small cubes, and garlic pass through the press. Cut the carrots into thin slices. You should fry onions where sausages were cooked. After that, put the garlic, carrot and cook for another 7 minutes. on low heat
- In a pan, send the sliced tomatoes, cider and broth. When everything boils, put sausages and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, add spices, stir and remove from heat. Serve with chopped greens.
As you can see, all the above recipes are simple and quite affordable. Kupaty can be used for culinary experiments, getting new and original dishes.
A few words about the dish
There are a huge number of recipes today, so you can choose any option you like. Georgian sausages can be fried on a brazier or a frying pan, boiled in broth, baked in the oven with side dishes or stewed, cut into slices, in a slow cooker. But no matter how cooked kupaty, as a result, they still get deliciously delicious and nutritious.
Already finished sausages can simply be bought in the store, but, of course, there is nothing tastier and better than sausages made by hand. However, in fact, it is not enough to know how to cook kupaty, - it is also necessary to process sausages by technology. Only by adhering to all the rules, you can truly enjoy their extraordinary aroma and rich taste.
Serving kupaty traditionally taken in combination with tkemali sauce, onion rings, spicy ketchup, all sorts of pickles. And they are usually decorated with pomegranate seeds or finely chopped greens.
Recipe: how to cook kupaty with photo
If you nevertheless decided to please your household with delicious Georgian sausages made with your own hands, stock up with all the necessary products and begin to act. So, to make sausages, you need:
- 1 kg of meat
- 2 m shell,
- half a teaspoon of red pepper,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- tea - salt,
- large onion,
- garlic head,
- 0.5 tsp black pepper.
A feature of these kupat is the use of natural pig guts. Using the collagen substitute, you are unlikely to be able to achieve a unique taste.
For cooking kupat, you can use any type of meat at your discretion: chicken, pork, beef, and even lamb. It can be crushed with a meat grinder or with an ordinary knife. Place sliced meat in a deep container, salt and pepper it. Send the garbage and grated garlic and finely chopped onion here. Mix well the cooked mince, preferably with your hands.
Thoroughly rinse the inside and outside of the wheel. Then drain them in a colander to allow excess liquid to drain. Using a special nozzle for sausages, fill the bowl with cooked meat. Keep in mind that wieners should not be too dense. Then measure equal lengths of about 10-15 cm, tie them with threads and cut them. As a result, you get small wieners. Now you know how to cook kupaty with your own hands. As you can see, in reality it is not so difficult - the process does not take more than an hour.
You can add a unique taste to your kupat with the help of various spices. For example, adding hops-suneli, cinnamon, cilantro, cloves or cumin would be an excellent option. It all depends on your personal preferences.
How to cook kupatu right? Before proceeding with the further processing of the kupat, be it baking or roasting, they should be prepared in advance. This is necessary in order to prevent sudden changes in temperature inside the shell and, as a result, its cracking. And to make it very simple - you just need to boil the sausages, so the gut will become more elastic.
Type in the pan water and put on the stove. Immediately lower cooked sausages into it. Bringing the broth to the boil is not worth it - you need to maintain the heat on low heat for 15-20 minutes. After a specified time, remove the boiled sausages. Now they can be roasted or baked. And if you wish, you can make them blanks at all by simply placing them in the freezer. Only then do not forget to defrost them beforehand, otherwise the shell will still burst.
Kupaty in the oven
Such cooking Georgian sausages is the easiest way to take the least amount of time. Yes, and it turns out this dish is incredibly nourishing, fragrant and tasty. Moreover, with this method of cooking, you can simultaneously cook any number of sausages. But the time it takes to roast depends on the number of prepared kupat.
Turn on the oven 180 degrees. Place boiled kupaty on a wire rack or baking tray and place for half an hour. You can visually determine the readiness of the sausages - as soon as an appetizing golden crust forms on them, they should be pulled out.
Now you know how to cook kupaty in the oven. By the way, if you want to supplement your dish with any side dish, then put the sausages in a sleeve or foil with vegetables. So you can cook a full meal in just half an hour.
How to cook kupaty in a pan
If you bought ready-made frozen sausages, they should be defrosted at room temperature. The prepared sausages should be such as if they were just made from meat.
There are several ways of telling how to cook kupat in a frying pan at home. However, they all boil down to one thing - preservation of the original appearance of the product, in particular its shell.
If you have previously boiled sausages, then the subsequent processing of the sausage will be very simple for you. Heat oil or fat in a pan and place dried sausages on it. Immediately after this, pierce each kupat with a toothpick or needle. This is necessary in order to ensure the release of air from the product and prevent its cracking. To do too deep punctures is not worth it - quite enough a few millimeters.
First, fry the kupat must be on medium heat to achieve a uniform crust over the entire surface of the sausages. Then the power must be reduced to a minimum, so that the sausages will reach full readiness, not only outside, but also inside the shell.
If you do not have time for preliminary preparation of the kupat, you can prepare them using another technology. It will not affect the result at all - sausages in any case will turn out very tasty and fragrant.
Pour a glass of water into a deep thick-walled frying pan or cauldron, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and spread out kupaty. Cover and wait for boiling. Then lower the heat a little, without opening the pan, and cook sausages for 5 minutes. Then remove the cover, and without reducing power, let the liquid evaporate. Thus fry the kupaty until golden brown. Try to turn them as often as possible. In general, the process of roasting sausages, as a rule, takes 15 minutes.
You do not know how to cook kupaty bought in the store? The processing of store sausages is no different from the recipes of homemade products. Only one thing is important - to defrost the product in advance. With proper technology, even purchased kupaty will be very juicy and appetizing.
The fastest cooking method
Do you want to save your time and have a satisfying dinner? Cook kupaty right in the microwave. Moreover, it is very easy to do. It takes about 15 minutes for the minced meat to be fully cooked. True, there is one drawback of such a dish - you will hardly get an appetizing golden crust on such kupat. Is that your microwave has a grill function.
Pre-cooked sausages place in a ceramic dish, cover with a lid and put in the oven for 10 minutes, choosing the maximum power. Then open the dish and grill the sausages until golden brown.
Cooked sausages should be served on a table exclusively hot - only this way the dish will be really juicy and fragrant. Top you can sprinkle them with finely chopped cilantro or add parsley sprigs.
Perfectly in harmony with Georgian sausages sauce satsebeli, tkemali or spicy adjika. And with them all kinds of salads based on fresh vegetables and pickles are perfectly combined. In addition, be sure to complement your dish with pita bread. In general, everything should be kept in the best Caucasian traditions.
What is kupaty?
Kupaty are a variety of raw sausages that need heat treatment. They are made from various types of meat: pork, lamb, beef. Used and bird, for example, chicken, turkey. Often used mixed minced meat, which to improve the taste is complemented by various additives: spices, garlic, herbs, seasonings and even berries.
The filling is placed in natural shells - guts. Next, the formed kupaty are tied with strong threads, they are lowered into boiling water for a minute and dried. Products are stored in the cold, and heat treated before use - most often roasted.
This is a recipe for cooking kupaty pork. Here is what you need:
- 1.5 kilograms of pork (for example, ham and shoulder, in approximately equal proportions),
- three large onion heads,
- three large garlic cloves,
- 2.5 Art. l salt,
- hl Provencal herbs,
- Art. l dried basil,
- half tsp ground red pepper,
- 2/3 cup of water
- hl sweet paprika,
- about 4-5 meters of pig intestines.
- Rinse the meat thoroughly in running water and dry it. Cut off excess fat and set aside: they will be needed later.
- Divide the meat into two parts: more tender leave for cutting with a knife, so that the ready-made kupat clearly felt pieces. And the rest of the share you will pass through a meat grinder. Chop the meat should be a sharp knife and rather small. Grind some of the fat in the same way.
- Peel the onions and garlic. Cut onion into medium sized slices.
- Mince the remaining meat with garlic and onions through a meat grinder, and then add chopped ingredients into the mincemeat.
- Add salt and all seasonings, mix stuffing.
- Continue mixing and add pre-cooled water in small portions. Это необходимо для придания блюду ещё большей сочности.
- Промойте кишки и замочите их в воде (подробную инструкцию вы найдёте на упаковке натуральных оболочек).
- Using a meat grinder and a special nozzle, fill the guts with minced meat, periodically tying them with a strong rope or thick threads.
- Now you can cook pork kupaty.
No less tasty, but more dietary, tender and light will be chicken kupaty. The set of products will be as follows:
- 2 kilograms of chicken fillet,
- a glass of milk or cream
- two teaspoons with a heap of salt (natural sea or coarse grinding),
- two garlic cloves,
- dill greens
- half tsp coriander,
- a pinch of nutmeg,
- natural pork casings.
- The fillet is washed, cut into pieces for subsequent grinding in a meat grinder.
- Peel the garlic, finely chop the dill with a knife after washing and drying.
- Chicken meat mince. And in order to make the baths as soft and soft as possible, first use a nozzle with medium-sized holes, and then a small one. Chop garlic simultaneously with the fillet.
- In the stuffing enter dill and spices with salt, mix everything. Then add the cream and knead the stuffing thoroughly again, then send it overnight in the refrigerator so that it “ripens”.
- Form the kupaty, filling the natural casings with minced meat using a meat grinder and a specialized nozzle.
You can make delicious beef kupaty. Here is what is required for this:
- two kg of beef fillet,
- two or two and a half tablespoons of salt,
- half tsp dried garlic (for a pronounced flavor, it is better to use it, and not fresh),
- a teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- third tsp Pepper mixes
- tablespoon without a slide of granulated sugar,
- third tsp hops suneli,
- third tsp curry,
- natural shells.
- Wash fillet of beef, and if there are veins, it is better to cut them so that they do not fall into the finished kupat and do not affect the taste. Next, the meat is cut into sticks or cubes for ease of further grinding.
- Beef skip through a meat grinder, and preferably two or even three times, as the fibrous structure, which did not pass the stage of careful grinding, can make the kupat hard.
- Add sugar, spices and salt to the minced meat, mix everything up.
- It's time to fill the pig intestines with minced meat, but first rinse and soak them, as required by the instructions on the packaging.
- You can start cooking the dish.
Successful get home kupaty turkey. List of components:
- 1 kg turkey fillet,
- hl salt,
- tablespoon of vinegar,
- Turkey needs to be washed and dried, and then you can immediately grind it: skip through a meat grinder or very finely chop with a knife.
- Chop the cilantro with a knife, peel and chop the onion: chop or mince with the fillet.
- In the minced meat add salt, chopped cilantro, onion and vinegar.
- Leave the mixture for an hour for the vinegar to soak and marinate the fillets, give a characteristic savory taste and a brighter smell.
- Fill the shells, bandage the baths and heat them.
Heat Treatment Methods
Usually, kupaty are fried, which gives them a crispy ruddy crust and a bright aroma, and also allows you to preserve juiciness. But how to fry products in different ways? We offer several options:
- In the pan. Pour a moderate amount of oil into it (the fatter the meat used to make kupat, the less oil) and warm it well so that it starts to bubble and boil.
- Grilled. Prepare the appliance or the electric appliance, warm it up and start processing: fry your kupat on one side until it has a characteristic color, then turn it over and continue cooking until fully cooked.
- On coals. Kupaty can be cooked just like a classic kebab. It is best to use for this lattice, because, piercing sausages skewers, you lose some juice.
There are other cooking options. The first is baking in the oven. You can simply put the kupaty on a baking sheet, leaving small distances between them so that the shells do not stick together, and cook them at medium temperatures (170-180 degrees) before browning. And in order to preserve the juiciness of the meat, cook kupatas in foil or, for example, in a baking sleeve. For a crispy, crusty crust, open the sausages ten minutes until cooked.
The second option is cooking in a slow cooker. The choice of mode depends on your personal preferences. If you want to get crisp, use a frying or baking program. And to make the meat more tender and soft, select the mode of extinguishing. Steam cooking is also possible.
The third option is quenching. Moreover, it is possible to extinguish kupaty with other ingredients, such as potatoes, vegetables, cabbage (including sauerkraut), buckwheat, rice, lentils, beans. Use a small secret that will make the sausages juicy and with a ruddy thin crust: pre-fry them quickly on both sides on the fire more than medium.
If there is meat in your refrigerator, try a new way of cooking it: make juicy kupaty, enjoy them and please the household or guests!
How to cook kupaty
In general, in fact, all the secrets of proper roasting kupat can be summarized. The main thing is to understand why they are cracking. This happens because of the rapid heating of the liquid inside - a lot of steam is formed at once, and under its pressure the thin shell simply does not stand up. Moreover, at this moment in the intestine the natural protein is drastically curtailed, that is, the elastic qualities of the shell simultaneously deteriorate.
There is only one conclusion - it is necessary to avoid sudden temperature differences, reduce the possible vapor pressure inside and achieve a gradual decrease in the elasticity of the intestine.
Why cook kupaty
That is why before roasting, baking or smoking kupaty or any other homemade sausage in a natural casing should be boiled.
To get the desired effect they should be boiled according to special rules:
- Pour cold water into the pot, set on medium heat,
- Immediately lower the sausages,
- gradually heat up to 80 degrees
- maintaining this temperature and not allowing the water to boil, weld for 15-20 minutes.
It is very convenient to use a special kitchen thermometer. If you do not have such a device yet, then the temperature can be determined by eye - when the water with sausages warms up to 65-70 degrees, foam begins to form on its surface. After this moment we are waiting for another 1-2 minutes - we need the required 80. Now we make the minimum fire so that this temperature is kept constant.
We get prepared kupaty - now you can fry them, bake, etc. You can also send them to the freezer. Only then it is important not to forget to defrost well, otherwise, because of the large temperature difference, even a prepared shell may burst.
Bake in the oven
The easiest way to bake these sausages in the oven. Welded semi-finished products lay on the grid.
As soon as the oven warms up to 180 degrees, put in it a baking sheet for 20-30 minutes. If there is a grill function, turn it on immediately, the time can be reduced to 3-5 minutes. When the reddened crust becomes appetizing - serve the sausages to the table.
By the way, if cooking kupaty in the oven in a sleeve or foil, then you can add some vegetables - you get a full-fledged dish with a tasty side dish.
Cooking in a pan or a slow cooker
You can fry kupaty on a regular pan. It's still easier here - on medium heat, in a greased, deep and thick-walled skillet, we fry meat dishes on both sides.
These Georgian sausages are cooked in the same way in a slow cooker in the frying mode.
Untrained kupaty can be made in a pan or in a multe. To do this, lay out our meat dish in a container, pour 0.5-1 glass of cold water, 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and cover with a lid. As soon as the water boils, remove the lid. When the liquid evaporates, the kupaty will roast. Just do not forget to turn them over to the other side. This method also not bad warns the cracking of the natural shell, especially if the fire was initially small. In the multi at this stage, it is better to select the “extinguishing” mode.
Kupaty in the microwave
The fastest cooking method is kupat - in the microwave. In order for the meat inside the casing to reach readiness takes about 15 minutes. True, a ruddy crust on top will not work, unless your microwave oven does not have a built-in grill. In this case, the cooking is divided into 2 stages:
- pre-cooked sausages, do not forget to cover, keep in the microwave for 10 minutes at the highest power,
- then remove the lid and grill until golden brown.
Grill and barbecue
Any meat tastes best cooked in the open air. Kupaty is no exception. Crunchy crispy crust, a special incredibly delicious aroma and juicy stuffing - the taste is just delicious!
However, it’s very difficult to grill any sausages on the grill without cracking the skin. Therefore, I advise you not to forget to pre-weld them and be sure to chop them. It’s just great if you send not cold, but warmed-up kupaty degrees to 60-70 degrees - so the risk of cracking will be even less.
In addition, homemade kupaty get tasty, if they smoked. For this you need to have a smokehouse.
At the end, I offer a simple recipe video of an incredibly delicious kupat: