The presence of a huge amount of mineral water in our stores allows us to conclude that they are very popular among the population. However, you do not want to overpay for a fake, poured from the tap. How to choose high-quality mineral water?
Classification of bottled water sold in stores
- Drinking water. It is extracted from artesian or more surface wells and, if necessary, is cleaned of impurities using filters. The cheapest, bottled in bottles of different capacities, including large ones - up to 20 liters.
- Mineralized water. Drinking water, artificially enriched with microelements.
- Mineral water. It is extracted from natural mineral sources.
- Table mineral water. Contains salts less than 1 gram per liter. Can be used for drinking without restrictions - not curative.
- Medical table mineral water. Contains salts from 1 to 10 grams per liter. It has a mild therapeutic effect. It can be used in short courses without a doctor's prescription. Long reception is better to coordinate with the doctor.
- Therapeutic mineral water. Contains salts more than 10 grams per liter, or bioactive elements. Can be used strictly as prescribed by a doctor.
Attention: saline water does not have a healing effect, as it is not natural. To improve your health you need to drink natural mineral water.
Types of mineral waters
This mineral water has a healing effect in the same way as drugs bought at the pharmacy:
- bicarbonate normalizes the secretion of gastric juice, useful in diseases of the kidneys and bladder,
- chloride improves the gastrointestinal tract, stimulates the metabolism,
- sulphate improves liver, gallbladder and pancreas,
- mixed has a multi-component effect.
We study the label
Buying mineral water, pay attention to the label. Many information is indicated there:
- name of water (Essentuki-17, Slavyanovskaya, etc.),
- appointment (dining, medical, medical-dining),
- type of mineral water (sulphate, carbonate, etc.), mineralization and chemical composition,
- indications for use (for medical and medical-dining room),
- type (carbonated, non-carbonated)
- category (first - water is not harmful to health, highest - water is good for health),
- number, name and exact location of the well from which water was drawn,
- contacts of the manufacturer or its representative in Russia,
- date of manufacture,
- terms and conditions of storage.
Attention: if the information is incomplete, especially if the number and address of the location of the well is missing, the type of mineral water is better not to take such water.
Examine bottle and contents
Mineral water can be bottled in plastic and glass bottles. The preservation of mineral water with carbon dioxide is allowed: this water is stored longer, but its use is somewhat reduced.
Sediment at the bottom is permissible only for medicinal mineral waters. It should be small.
The main types of water and the rules of their use
Please note that the type of mineral water is almost always indicated on the label. This is important information that you definitely need to learn before you buy.
- Water suitable for daily use is called table mineral water. It can be drunk 2-4 glasses per day for general recovery.
- Medical table mineral water may be taken as a prophylactic course or in the treatment of certain diseases. There is a high content of biologically active components in such water, therefore it is necessary to select it according to the composition for a specific purpose.
- Healing mineral water appointed by the doctor in certain diseases, where it is extremely important to choose the composition, time of administration, water temperature and the length of time it is consumed.
Waters are divided into classes, thanks to which water can be selected for a specific disease, the water class is necessarily indicated on the label:
- Sulphate mineral water useful courses in diseases of the liver, gallbladder and biliary tract. Thanks to its use, more bile is produced, its composition improves, and by its consistency it becomes more liquid. Such water can be used for prophylaxis in case of congestion in the gallbladder, due to which the formation of stones begins. Also sulphate water is useful for gastritis with high acidity. It stimulates intestinal motility, therefore it is favorable for constipation. If this mineral water is not medicinal, but medical and dining, it can be used to reduce weight, to improve the bowels and liver, a course of 4 weeks to 150 ml per day 15 minutes before meals. Water temperature should be at room temperature. It is strictly forbidden to drink sulfate mineral water to children, adolescents, pregnant women and people suffering from poor calcium absorption. This water is also not recommended for inflammation of appendicitis, with increased intestinal activity, stenosis, and advanced diabetes.
- Bicarbonate mineral water helps to reduce the level of acidity of the stomach, and therefore relieves heartburn. Water is indicated for gout, cystitis and urolithiasis. If the water is medical-dining, it is good to take it involved in sports, as it helps the work of the muscles. Such water is also useful in infectious diseases: it contributes to the removal of excess mucus and overall recovery. Bicarbonate mineral water can be drunk to children. Contraindications to its use is gastritis.
- Chloride water Especially useful in diseases of the cardiovascular system (except coronary heart disease), in diseases of the joints, skin problems and nervous overexcitement. It is suitable for improving the digestibility of food, and also has a choleretic effect. You can not use this water with increased pressure, exacerbations of various inflammatory diseases, diseases of the kidneys and bladder, allergies, as well as pregnant women.
- Magnesium Mineral Water eliminates constipation, normalizes the state of the nervous system, helps relieve chronic fatigue syndrome, relieves insomnia. Especially useful for athletes to eliminate overload, prevent the appearance of cramps and muscle pain. It reduces the amount of uric acid in gout. It can be taken during periods of strong nervous experiences, painful menstruation, heavy sports loads, as well as as part of a diet for general healing and improving the work of the entire gastrointestinal tract. Contraindications for the reception of such water is only an upset stomach.
- Calcium Mineral Water useful for lactose intolerance, as it is able to compensate for the lack of calcium in the body, especially in pregnant women and children. Contraindications with moderate use of no more than 150 ml per day has not.
As you can see, all the waters are completely different and are used for different purposes. There are a lot of classes and subclasses, here I mentioned only the most common. Therefore, always carefully read the label on mineral water, where you will find recommendations on the use of a particular composition in certain diseases.
Why does the body need water
Even children know that all of us are 80% water. Daily 500 ml is lost with sweat and breathing, 1500 ml - with urine. Here, in order to restore the loss, you need to pour into yourself 2000 lost ml, only this should be quality drinking water. All this is true, but only in part. First, the figure of 80% is average, but in fact, depending on the age, weight and other indicators of water in each of us, a different amount. Secondly, we lose it, too, in different ways. In the heat more, in the cold less, while in motion more, lying on the couch less. That is, someone needs to drink it 2 liters, and someone, and 3 will be enough. But why drink it? Is it only to recover losses? It turns out that water can easily dissolve both organic matter and various chemical compounds, such as salts. Getting to our body, it takes in a lot of harmful substances that are safely excreted in the urine. Thus, there is a natural cleaning of our systems from toxins and other nastiness. Of course, the best drinking water, that is, chemically purer, copes with this task much more efficiently. And one more important function of water - chemical reactions take place in it and complex complex compounds are formed, without which we cannot live. That is why the loss of our body only about 10% of the liquid can end very sadly.
Types of drinking water
Now they write a lot about what drinking water is of the highest category. The rating of this product partly helps to orient which brand to buy. It is based on various analyzes and tests that determine the compliance of the chemical composition of water with the State Standards and SanPiNs. But the results of such checks on the labels are rarely displayed. But there is almost always evidence that water has been extracted in such and such a region from such a depth, and other understandable data are reported to others. To clarify the situation, and perhaps even more confuse it, we note that in nature there are approximately 476 modifications of water, depending on which isotopes of oxygen and hydrogen make up its molecule. Naturally, the properties of these waters are different, and not all of them are equally beneficial to health. Fortunately, not all modifications can last long enough, and information about them is not displayed on the labels at all. What kind of water can be used for drinking? Its most famous species is:
- underground (extracted from wells and aquifers),
Categories of drinking water
Apart from the technical, which in this article is not considered, there are two categories of water - the highest and the first. In each country there are GOSTs and SanPiNs for bottled drinking water, regulating their taste, color, chemical composition, transparency. Drinking water of both categories, unless it is a healing mineral water, should be transparent, odorless, impurities and sediment, otherwise it can not be used at all. With regard to the chemical composition of higher requirements, of course, must meet the drinking water of the highest category. The rating, taken into account by many buyers, shows which of the water marks that pass quality control are in compliance with the standards. This product is becoming the most popular. About 700 items of drinking water are being produced now. It is clear that it is difficult to verify them all, and on the label unscrupulous manufacturers can write anything. How can a simple person distinguish quality water from a fake?
First, for the price. If water is actually produced in an ecologically clean region, and even from a decent depth, it means that it has high production costs. Therefore, it can not be cheap. If the water is of poor quality, the manufacturer does not risk putting up a high price, since it is very important for him to quickly sell his product and get the benefit before possible testing.
Secondly, according to the information on the label. On it, if really water is of the highest category, the place of its extraction, the address and the manufacturer’s website, the chemical composition must be indicated. In fact, almost all elements from the periodic table can be present in natural drinking water, but most of the chemical elements are so small that they are not taken into account. Mainly indicate the content of such chemicals and compounds:
- potassium (up to 10 mg / l)
- magnesium (up to 20 mg / l)
- sodium (up to 100 mg / l)
- calcium (up to 20 mg / l),
- nitrates (up to 45 mg / l)
- chlorides (up to 100 mg / l)
- sulphates (up to 30 mg / l)
- bicarbonates (up to 300 mg / l).
Sometimes on the labels indicate the pH of the water, which should be in the range of 6.5-7.5. The incompatibility of even one of these indicators does not give the right to assign the highest category to water.
The water is light and heavy
The taste, color, smell, and the one and the other are the same, but the utility is very different. Numerous experiments have shown that the best drinking water, possessing, among other things, high healing properties, is light. There are practically no impurities of deuterium (hydrogen isotope) and other heavy elements in it, therefore, cleaning the body of toxins and all metabolic processes in it are better. Light water even helps in the treatment of cancerous tumors. Heavy water, in which the atoms of deuterium join the oxygen atom, is harmless to humans if it is drunk in small quantities. But no benefit from it either. In nature, deuterium molecules are in any water, from wells no matter what depth it is extracted. It is logical that these molecules contain any drinking water of the highest category. The rating on this issue is not carried out, but choosing bottled water, you can buy products of well-established brands, and at home you can make this good, but ordinary water easy by freezing in the refrigerator and then thawing. That which will melt in the first place will be the cleanest drinking water in the world, which is the most beneficial to health. And the rest of the ice after such a procedure is desirable to be thrown away, since all harmful impurities will be collected in it.
The water is soft and hard
With these characteristics, the situation is simpler. Soft water or hard water depends on the content of magnesium and calcium salts in it. In small quantities, both can be drunk, and in large amounts, hard water can lead to the formation of kidney stones, and soft water can lead to problems with pressure. In everyday life, you can determine the hardness of the water by eye. So, if calcium and magnesium salts are in excess of it, there will be little foam when washing hands, and if there is a shortage, it will seem that the soap is not washed off. But, buying water in the store, no one does such experiments. Yes, it is not necessary, because the content of hardness salts in water is strictly defined by GOST and must be indicated on the label. In different countries, the numbers may differ slightly.
In Russia, from 01/01/2014, the hardness of water is measured in degrees and is denoted "° F" or in milligram equivalents per liter, of which in drinking water should be not less than 1.5 and not more than 2.5 units. Sometimes the labels indicate not the hardness, but the amount of calcium (Ca2 +) and magnesium (Mg2 +), as well as their salts (CaSO4, MgSO4, CaCl2, MgCl2). The amount of each salt is not regulated by the GOST, it only indicates how much they should be in total. If these norms are observed, it means that we may well be able to use drinking water of the highest category for everyday use. The rating, in order to be high, must take into account the content in it of other useful trace elements, especially nitrates. As for the magnesium-calcium checks, such well-known brands as Aqua Minerale and Dombai did not go through it, and there was a lot of chlorine in the water of the Saint Source and Shishkin Forest brands.
Now mineral water is sold in any store, so many people buy it as regular drinking water, being sure that mineral water is any where there are trace elements. In fact, mineral water is called, extracted only from certain aquifers and has a strictly regulated chemical composition. This is just the way that this water of the highest category can have a rather unpleasant taste, smell, and sometimes even color and sediment, which depends on the salts with which it is rich. It is important to know that, despite the rich (indicated on the labels) chemical composition, water is not considered to be mineral if it is a mixture of natural and artificially made. Mineral water will not be of high quality and water, which is a mixture extracted from different aquifers, but unfortunately, this is not determined by the label. You can navigate here only by brand names. For example, natural drinking water, tested by time and having good feedback from consumers, is “Borjomi”, “Narzan”, “Essentuki”, “Mukhinskaya”, and in Ukraine - “Mirgorodskaya”, “Kuyalnik”, “Polyana Kvasova”. The composition of mineral water can be sulphate, hydrocarbonate, chloride, mixed, and the concentration of nutrients table (trace elements in them up to 1 gram per 1 cubic meter), medicinal-table (trace elements up to 10 grams per dm 3) and therapeutic. Daily use without consulting a doctor can only be a dining room.
Tap and purified water
Previously, bottled water, and even non-carbonated, no one bought, everyone drank tap. Its purity also has the standards of GOST and SanPiNa, therefore, in principle, it should be suitable for drinking in any quantities. In most countries, tap water is subjected to several purification steps: mechanical, coagulation, filtration, aeration, sterilization or, in a different way, chlorination. Despite such a serious technology, drinking tap water is one of the lowest because it almost always contains salts of various chemical elements, such as chlorine and sometimes pathogens, in large quantities. Therefore, we do not want to drink such water.
Сообразительные предприниматели придумали, как из нее извлекать выгоду и при этом делать добро. Метод прост и заключается в дополнительной очистке. The cost of the whole process is relatively low, so the price of the product is low, although the label may indicate that the water is crystal clear, mineralized and generally the best.
However, a reasonable buyer should understand that the best bottled water can not cost 5-10 rubles per one and a half liters, even if it says “spring” or “artesian” on it. For comparison, bottled water extracted from pure natural sources of the Alps pulls at 70-80 rubles per liter baclag.
But what is purified water? We use two methods: credible among the people, although little understood, reverse osmosis and mysterious coagulation. Let us examine how they work.
Reverse osmosis is the passage of water through several membranes with a microscopic texture, on which all the elements dissolved in water remain one after the other. The result is almost perfectly clean, similar to distilled water. It is not useful for health, because, once in the human body, it begins to replenish the nutrients removed from it, removing them from our body. To prevent this from happening, manufacturers are again enriching it, so the composition of trace elements indicated on the labels of such water may be correct, but it is rarely assigned the highest category.
Coagulation consists of adding a coagulant (clarifier) to ordinary water, which precipitates certain chemicals and trace elements. After that, the water is separated from the sediment and bottled. The process is so cheap and simple that it is used by about 70% of all manufacturers. So, buying the cheapest drinking water, you can stumble upon a not very health-friendly product.
Water from the bowels of the Earth
Wells of various depths (even more than 50 meters) are found in many Russians in the courtyards. It would seem, why should they buy bottled natural water, if you can use your own, also natural. However, chemical analyzes of such water show that microelements in it are not two, or even ten, but several dozen times. It is clear that you can not drink it. The problem is that the entire crust, like a cake made from cakes, is composed of geological layers - loams, sandstones, limestones and others. The closer to the surface of the earth and the closer to human settlements, especially to industrial centers, the more in the layers of chemical elements, garbage, waste of people and animals. All this easily falls into shallow water beds, therefore, they can be used for drinking only after thorough cleaning.
Unsuitable for drinking and the so-called high water, formed during floods, spills of rivers. Nevertheless, the Earth’s interior can provide us with clean and healthy water, only to get it, you need to drill artesian wells. In different regions, their depth ranges from 100 to 1000 meters. The required water must be between the waterproof layers of rocks and be there under pressure, therefore it hits the fountain from the drilled well. In many respects, artesian water is the best bottled water available in stores, despite the fact that it also contains some salts and trace elements. Manufacturers, as a rule, indicate on the labels, from what depth and in which region their product is mined. If it is, for example, the Carpathians, the Urals or the Alps, in whose ecological purity no one doubts, we can safely say that such drinking water is of excellent quality. There are dozens of brand names. Which one to choose if there are no known and popular ones on sale? The advice here is only one - to trust the information on the label.
It is believed that soda better than simple water quenches thirst, that it is more tasty and completely harmless. But is it useful? If we take European countries, for example, Greece, the founder of the rule on the daily and mandatory drinking of water, then there is almost no soda pop in one and a half liter, and even less two-liter, baklaks. Such water is sold maximum in half-liter glass bottles, not counting the classic soda.
We carbonate water all over the place, adding carbon dioxide to it. It really changes the taste, but also helps the salts remain dissolved and does not precipitate. That is why mineral waters before bottling are enriched with carbon dioxide, because there is a lot of salt in them. Should there be non-mineral water of the highest category of carbonated? And why to do it, if there is not so much salt in simple water to be afraid of their precipitation, and the taste and without carbon dioxide should be good? The answer to these controversial issues may be the taste preferences of customers, many of whom like it soda.
Products of famous brands, manufacturers of which value their name, you can buy safely, but buying cheap soda, it is useful to think about whether there is something good in it, except for carbon dioxide. But even high-quality carbonated water cannot be drunk in large quantities, since CO2, which is part of it, activates the secretion of gastric juice, adversely affects the enamel, contributes to increased gas formation in the intestine.
Rating of famous brands of drinking water
A single study that would cover all the water available on the market, not forgetting that the one intended for coolers, has not yet been conducted, therefore the rating of brands can be considered conditional, since it is based on checks made selectively. According to some data, Bon Aqua water is the best, followed by “Sacred Spring”, “Aqua Mineral”, “Arkhyz”. According to others, “Sacred source” and “Aqua mineral” did not reach the highest category at all, and the first place was taken by Nizhny Novgorod “Dixie” water. The second and third places went to “foreigners”, the French Vittel and Evian. Not only in Russia, but also in Europe it is water of the highest category. Customer reviews about it are excellent, but absolutely all respondents note the high price.
Domestic "Lipetsk pump room" is a bit cheaper, but there are also less trace elements in it. According to the results of the test, Aqua Mineral turned out to be completely free of trace elements, that is, almost sterile, although the label does not indicate this. But the water "Shishkin Forest", "Just ABC", Crristaline, Aparan, "Holy Source" and even Bon Aqua, poured in Moscow, were blacklisted due to gross violations of quality standards and customer fraud.
What could be mineral water?
How to choose useful mineral water? First of all, you should know that there are several categories:
- Table mineral water. The concentration of salts in it does not exceed 1 g per liter, and this product is suitable for daily safe use, as well as for cooking. The taste of this water is pleasant and light. This category includes products such as Gelendzhik 117, Essentukskaya Mountain.
- Medical-table water can contain up to 10 grams of salt per liter. It can be used for prophylactic and therapeutic purposes, but in small doses it is suitable for use as a drink several times a week. This group includes Borjomi, Narzan, Essentuki 4.
- Therapeutic mineral water. Its mineralization is highest and exceeds 10 g per liter. Such drinks are used when indicated and are prescribed by specialists. If drinking medicinal water thoughtlessly, it can provoke salt deposits and the formation of stones. This group includes such waters as “Naftusya”, “Donat Magnesium”, “Essentuki 17”.
If the composition is taken as a basis for the classification, the following types of mineral waters can be distinguished:
- Sulfate stimulate the motility of the intestinal walls, have a choleretic effect, improve liver function, and also help normalize blood sugar levels and body weight. But in adolescence and childhood, such waters are not recommended, as they interfere with the full absorption of calcium and, accordingly, the formation of bones and teeth.
- Bicarbonate useful for the digestive tract, as they normalize the production of gastric juice and contribute to the proper digestion of food. Also, the water belonging to this category helps to recover from transferred infectious and other diseases, nourishes the muscle tissue and replenishes energy reserves during intense physical exertion. But here with exacerbations of ulcers and gastritis it is not recommended to use them.
- Magnesium mineral water is very useful to drink with frequent stresses, nervous breakdowns or overwork, as they relieve tension. It is not recommended to use them for some diseases of the digestive system.
- Ferrous waters are recommended for iron deficiency anemia.
- Chloride waters clean up the functioning of the intestine, liver, and biliary tract. But with high blood pressure they should be drunk in minimal quantities and with extreme caution.
- There are also various combined mineral waters, such as chloride-sulphate, chloride-sulphate and others. They have a wider range of properties, but also have contraindications, so before use it is advisable to consult a doctor.
What else to look for when choosing?
When choosing mineral water should pay attention to several important points:
- Composition. It indicates not only the components, but also their concentration. If you can choose the most balanced and suitable composition for you, then you will extract the maximum benefit from water and improve your health.
- With or without gas? Gas can be natural or artificial. Natural is useful and in most cases enhances the properties of the components of mineral water. But artificially carbonated mineral water is perceived by experts with skepticism: many believe that non-natural gas can interfere with the full absorption of certain substances. Also, this water is undesirable to use in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The reaction of water, that is, the level of alkalinity or acidity. This indicator is measured by pH and can vary from 3.5 to 8-9. A low level indicates acidity, a medium level indicates neutrality, and a high level indicates alkalinity. What is useful sour water? It increases the acidity of gastric juice. Alkaline, on the contrary, reduces it.
- Total mineralization. It is usually measured in milligrams per liter of liquid. Based on this indicator, they emit water of low, low, medium, high salinity, as well as brine and strong-brine. The higher the salinity, the more pronounced the impact of water on the human body and, accordingly, the more carefully it is worth using it.
- The label must contain the full exact name, as well as the categories to which the water belongs (for example, table, sulphate).
- Be sure to pay attention to the production date, that is, the bottling, as well as the storage periods that must be respected.
- If before you mineral water of Russian production, then on its label you will find TU or GOST. If the product is manufactured in another country, you will find the exact importer data.
- If before you is a popular table mineral water, then you can drink it almost every day. And medical and medical-table waters should be accompanied by a brief instruction that lists contraindications and indications, as well as some recommendations regarding usage that are given.
- The presence of sediment should not scare you, especially if the water has a high level of salinity and is curative. Some components settle at the bottom in the form of salts.
- All manufacturers are required to indicate the source from which the water was obtained, and its exact location.
How to drink?
If you have no health problems, it is best to choose table water. For prevention, use the medical-dining room. And if you suffer from any diseases, then contact a specialist to advise you about the healing water and give recommendations about its use.
It is best to drink mineral water before meals: twenty to thirty minutes or just before a meal. Some drinks are consumed in small sips. Daily dosage depends on the category of water and can vary from two to three glasses for the dining room to 30-100 ml for medical.
It is recommended to periodically change the mineral water used in order to prevent an overabundance of certain mineral substances in the body. In addition, watch your state of health: if it gets worse after drinking, try to choose another drink or stop using it for a while.
An interesting fact: mineral waters can be used in other ways, for example, for inhalation in case of certain diseases of the respiratory tract. Also, drinks are used for cosmetic purposes in pure form for washing or as part of household products.
Now you can choose healthy mineral water and drink it properly and with health benefits.
Salt to taste
Mineral water has the right to be called a liquid extracted from an officially registered underground source, with the original set of salts preserved. About what kind of water is in the bottle should be written on the label. Look for the words “sediment at 180 degrees”, “total mineralization” or “total salt content” - they all mean the same thing.
Depending on how many chemical elements and other substances could be dissolved in water, they declare it to be curative (10-15 g of salts per liter, drunk only as prescribed by a doctor). It is not necessary to abuse the healing waters - it threatens with the deposition of salts and other rather unpleasant consequences. Medical table waters contain 1-10 g of salts per liter, are used for prophylactic purposes and are also unsuitable for permanent use.
In the table mineral water no more than 1 gram of salts per liter, you can drink it at any time. And it would be nice if half of those same "daily 2 liters" was just such water. With a choice, too, you can not be too wise and focus on your own taste - just drink the mineral water that you find particularly pleasant. But if you intend to pick up a certain pool of mineral waters for permanent use, for example, as part of a weight loss program or a supportive course for any chronic disease, consult a specialist.
Mineral waters are classified according to the salts they contain:
- Bicarbonate ("Arkhyz"). It is recommended for people leading active lifestyles, infants and patients with cystitis. Harmful with gastritis.
- Sulphate ("Essentuki №20"). It is recommended for liver problems, has a mild laxative effect. Contraindicated in children and adolescents, since sulfates can interfere with the absorption of calcium, and hence the formation of bones. For the same reason, it is not worth drinking for women over 50, who are at risk for osteoparosis.
- Chloride ("Essentuki №4", "Aksu"). Regulates the bowels, biliary tract and liver. Harmful with increased pressure.
- Magnesium ("Narzan", "Yerinskaya"). It helps with constipation and stress, is not recommended for citizens prone to indigestion.
- Fluoric ("Lazarevskaya", "Sochi"). It is recommended for pregnant, people suffering from osteoporosis. Contraindicated in those who have fluoridated tap water at home.
- Ferrous ("Marcial", "Polyustrovskaya"). It is indicated for iron deficiency anemia. Contraindicated in peptic ulcer disease.
- Sour ("Shmakovskaya"). It is recommended for low acidity of gastric juice. Harmful with ulcers.
- Sodium ("Smirnovskaya", "Narzan"). It helps with constipation and poor digestion, is not recommended for hypertensive patients and those who are prescribed a low-salt diet.
- Calcium ("Smirnovskaya", "Slavyanovskaya"). It is recommended for milk intolerance, pregnant women, children and adolescents. May reduce pressure. Strict contraindications.
Most mineral waters contain a large set of salts and therefore belong to several classes at the same time. For example, "Smirnovskaya" - sodium-calcium, "Narzan" - sodium-magnesium, etc. By the way, it is not necessary to cook on "mineral water", even the dining room - when boiling salt they precipitate and can form compounds that are not absorbed by the body.
With or without bubbles?
Mineral water can be carbonated and without gas. If you medically drink, for example, Essentuki 17, which can only be aerated, you have no choice. If there is no such rigid framework, decide for yourself - water "with bubbles" or without. First of all, gas can be natural or artificially added. The second option seems to be doubtful to gastroenterologists: "non-native" gas can interfere with the absorption of mineral substances of the water itself. In addition, it is believed that in general, any carbonated liquid contributes to the manifestation of cellulite. By the way, it happens that gas naturally disappears from natural sparkling water. And before bottling it again, already artificially, is added to the water again. Taking into account all of the above, I want to stay on the water without gas - sin gas or eau naturelle.
If you still choose the "soda", please note: first, no more than 2 glasses a day (otherwise the main effect of the application will be a puffy belly). Во-вторых, при хроническом гастрите с повышенной кислотностью и язве минералку пьют быстро, почти "залпом", а при нормальной и пониженной кислотности - медленно, маленькими глотками.
Настоящая природная минеральная вода требует деликатного обращения от тех, кто разливает ее в бутылки. Конечно, идеальный вариант - употреблять воду непосредственно из источника. Но, поскольку "Нарзан" не из каждого крана течет, вернемся к бутилированной минералке.
Most liquids that are declared "mineral water" are born like this: first, water from an artesian well (well, if not from the water supply system) is deeply cleaned. This filtering not only removes all harmful impurities, but at the same time removes water and all the useful things that it accidentally turned out to be. At the second stage, salts and other mineral substances are added to the water, bringing the chemical composition to any condition. Of course, with this approach, there may be more or less salt than we would like. And even if the “fillings” will be exactly as long as necessary, for example, for “Essentuki”, this will still not be a “living” environment, but simply a salt solution. Of course, the therapeutic effect of the use of such a liquid is not necessary to wait.
Unfortunately, to determine what water is in front of you on the supermarket shelf is difficult. It is necessary to focus on well-known manufacturers and famous sources, glass containers, which better preserve the properties of water, and a fairly high price. Another fairly safe option is local mineral water, which is simply not economically viable to forge. By the way, in the Moscow region there are enough decent sources - in Dorokhovo, Monino, Tishkovo, Zvenigorod, Arkhangelsk, Erin, Istra and so on.
If we are talking about a complete (at least safe) product, the label should contain the following information:
- Water name
- Name and contact of the manufacturer
- Chemical composition
- The degree and method of mineralization
- Source name
- Storage rules
- Shelf life
You can take plain water and add salt and minerals to the plant. The composition will be similar, only here with this mineral water it will have little in common. Mineral waters are complex solutions, the useful substances in them are contained in the form of ions, undissociated molecules, gases, and colloidal particles. That is, nature works much harder than the plant.
Mineral natural drinking waters are waters extracted from aquifers or aquifers protected from anthropogenic impact, preserving the natural chemical composition and related to food products, and with increased mineralization or increased content of certain biologically active components that have a therapeutic and prophylactic effect.
When choosing water, you need to read where the contents are poured into the bottle: from the source or from the tap. Of course, any water is processed, but its source is crucial for quality.
You have to be a chemist for a while and see what is on the label.
Everyone knows that mineral water is good for health. Further confusion and vacillation begins, because very few people can understand what is useful for it. At best, heard that there is some salt there.
In fact, the chemical composition of mineraloc is very different. And depending on what prevails, it is used for various diseases.
Does this mean that you just can not take and buy mineral water? Not really. There are waters containing basic minerals that are needed by everyone and every day, that is, in any case, they help maintain the water-electrolyte balance. Pay attention to the fact that the composition of the water was calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium.
If the composition of minerals is what salts are included in mineral water, then mineralization is how much.
Most often, the label says "dining" or "medical-dining room", this classification is influenced by the amount of minerals. The word “medicinal” in the name of the product implies that you cannot just take it and start drinking. You need to find out if you can treat them and in what quantities. But dining options are suitable for every day. Low mineralization - up to 1,000 mg / dm³ - means that mineral water is perfect for sports or as a supplement to dinner.
What values are optimal? San Benedetto water, for example, has a salinity of 265 mg / dm³. Such water can be given even to babies. Italians have long appreciated this: in terms of sales, San Benedetto is one of the leading brands in its country.
The composition of minerals determines the taste of water. If you try distilled water, you will notice that it doesn’t have any taste at all.
Tastes do not argue, but it is natural that most people like soft options for each day. How to decide what to try? Look at the waters that are used for serving tables in restaurants serving Italian cuisine.
They are selected taking into account that the drink complements the dinner, and does not interrupt the food with its taste. Italians know a lot about good food, and their opinion is worth listening to.
Someone thinks that a well-known brand always guarantees quality, someone, on the contrary, refuses products of well-known companies, because it is afraid of overpaying a pretty penny.
Mineral (if it is real) - this is the product, with the purchase of which it is necessary to pay attention to the brand.
Since the quality and composition are determined primarily by the source, the name of the place where the water is extracted is reflected in a good brand.
Returning to the example of San Benedetto. The water is taken from a single artesian spring, which is located in the north of Italy in the Dolomites, famous for its resorts. Its volume allows to deliver products far beyond the borders of the country. Since international quality standards need to be met, in production water passes up to 800 (!) Checks per day.
Once the mineral water is extracted from natural sources, the packaging needs to be given special attention so that it can preserve the composition and properties of water. This means that the bottles must be made of either glass or high-quality plastic. In addition, you should pay attention to the form, depending on why you are buying mineral water. It is better to put glass on the table, and take a bottle with a convenient sports neck to the training. Prefer water, which is poured into several types of containers at once.
1. The degree of mineralization
Mineral water, depending on the amount of mineral salts, is divided into table (it has the least mineral salts), medical-table and curative (it is most saturated with minerals). So, without fear you can drink only table water. Most of the popular brands presented in stores belong to the medical and table waters. The constant use of such water, especially in large quantities, is fraught with the accumulation of salts in the body. And this can lead to urolithiasis.
Keep in mind that not only mineral water can be found on sale, but also mineralized water. This is not the same thing. Mineral water is extracted from an underground source or well, being enriched by minerals naturally under the ground. And mineralized water is purified water, to which artificially added mineral compounds. Its composition and, consequently, its properties may differ from natural mineral water extracted from a natural source.
2. Chemical composition
- Hydrocarbonate (alkaline) mineral water is indicated for athletes, diabetics, people with urolithiasis, gout and infectious diseases. But with gastritis is not the best choice.
- Sulphate - cure a sick liver, but can interfere with calcium absorption, therefore it is not recommended for children and teenagers.
- Magnesium - will help out with chronic stress, but make life difficult for diarrhea.
- Chloride - Improves poor digestion, but may worsen with hypertension.
- Ferrous - will be a lifesaver for anemia, but can aggravate peptic ulcer disease.
Therefore, before buying mineral water, do not be lazy to read the indications for use - this information is listed on the package. And even better to consult a doctor.
Each of them has its own “mission”. For example, "Essentuki number 4" is recommended for chronic gastritis, colitis and enterocolitis, chronic diseases of the liver and biliary tract. Similar “specialization” is also found in “Essentuki No. 17”, however this water is therapeutic, with high mineralization, therefore it is better not to use it uncontrollably. "Narzan" and "Borjomi" will help not only to restore the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, but also to improve metabolism, and the "Slavyanovskaya oserebrennaya" water - to lose those extra pounds.
4. The presence or absence of additives
Mineral water can be flavored, such as lemon, orange, grapefruit. Generally speaking, the imported one - the Russian consumer, who is used to the odorless mineral water, is suspicious of the smell. Although there is nothing suspicious in such water: it is believed that flavors give the drink a delicate aroma. However, this is an amateur.
- shelf life - water, like food, can deteriorate. In plastic, it is usually stored no more than 18 months from the day of the spill, in the glass - up to two years,
- the label - it must contain the trademark, type (carbonated, non-carbonated), information on salinity, source name or well number, manufacturer’s address, information on where the water was spilled (well, if it is bottled on site), the purpose of the water (dining room , medical, medical-dining room). Notice how the label is attached. If it’s uneven and oblique, most likely you have a surrogate in front of you - a self-respecting manufacturer will not stick it somehow,
- score - do not purchase mineral water in passages and stalls, only in large stores or pharmacies: there is no doubt as a commodity.