It is considered that traditionally jam is prepared on the basis of fruits and berries. However, experienced housewives have adapted to cook a treat from vegetables and even mint. We are interested in the last option, the treat turns out beautiful and fragrant. Mint is mixed with strawberries, pear, apple, lemon, gooseberry. Each person selects components based on individual preferences. Let's talk about the most delicious recipes.
Peppermint jam: a classic of the genre
- mint leaves (fresh, collected recently) - 120 gr.
- granulated sugar - 570 gr.
- pectin (in liquid form) - 70 ml.
- Apple vinegar (concentration - 6%) - 0.5 l.
- drinking water - 245 ml.
- green dye (food grade) - 2-3 drops
- Rinse the mint leaves, leave to dry on the sieve. Slightly remember the raw materials in the hands, cut not very finely. Put the mint in the pan, sprinkle with sugar. Stir, wait half an hour.
- After a specified period, pour in vinegar and water. Set the tank to the minimum fire, wait for the boiling. When the first bubbles appear, add a dye and pectin.
- Note the time, after 1 minute, turn off the burner. Filter the jam, immediately pour it into sterile jars. Place a parchment under the cover, roll up the key.
Peppermint Jam with Citric Acid
- Mint leaves - 380 gr.
- table water - 240 ml.
- citric acid powder - 15 gr.
- granulated sugar - 0.95 kg.
- Measure out ½ part of the total amount of granulated sugar, pour it into the cooking pot. Add the washed and dried mint leaves. Separately dissolve powdered lemon 30 ml. water, send to the bulk.
- Cover the dish, shake, soak for 5-7 hours at room temperature. During this period, mint will give the aroma and aftertaste necessary to the finished product.
- Combine the second part of the sugar with drinking water, mix, set on low heat. Tom until the grains dissolve. Remove the foam, it spoils the look of jam.
- When the sweet base is ready, pour the mint syrup. Shake the dishes with the main ingredients, wait 6 hours. This time is set aside to evenly soak the leaves.
- Now bring the treat to the first bubbles, then simmer another 8 minutes. Turn off the heat, immediately pour the jam on sterile jars. Close the capron and top cover.
Mint and strawberry jam
- granulated sugar - 1.15 kg.
- strawberry - 900 gr.
- mint leaves - 200 gr.
- lemon juice - 40 ml.
- Make a selection of strawberries, remove the spoiled and dried copies. Rinse a healthy berry in a basin with cold water and leave in a liquid for a quarter of an hour. Then wash again, dry.
- If strawberries are too large, cut them into several sections of relatively equal size. Pick up the cooking pot without enamelled coating.
- Send berries, lemon juice, granulated sugar to the container. Rinse the mint, do not cut it, dry on towels. Send the leaves to the strawberries, gently knead the contents.
- Cover, leave for 12 hours to insist. After passing the specified interval, set the pot with raw materials on the fire, wait for the boil.
- Turn on the burner at minimum, cook for another quarter of an hour. Then set aside the treat until cooling, repeat the heat treatment. Hot treat packaged, close.
Mint and Basil Jam
- fresh mint leaves - 220 gr.
- granulated sugar - 0.4 kg.
- basil - 90 gr.
- citric acid - 5 gr.
- drinking water - 0.3 l.
- Rinse the mint leaves, let them dry on towels. Send in a saucepan, sprinkle with sugar (200 gr.). Stir, insist until the juice is extracted (about 6 hours).
- During the time that the mass reaches, prepare a sweet base for pouring. Mix the remaining sugar with water, put the saucepan on low heat. Bring to homogeneity, the grains should melt.
- Add syrup to the first composition, again wait 5-6 hours. Send the pan to the hob, and boil it at low power for 8 minutes. After this period, add chopped basil.
- Continue languishing for another 5 minutes. Next, set aside the treat, wait 3 hours. Filter, boil the resulting liquid and package.
Mint and Rhubarb Jam
- granulated sugar - 900 gr.
- strawberries - 0.8 kg.
- mint leaves (fresh) - 100 gr.
- rhubarb - 0.25 kg.
- Rinse the strawberries, leave on a sieve to dry. Then turn it into mush with a blender. Free the rhubarb from coarse fibers, wash the fruit and chop into slices. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour the sugar, stir the mass with a spatula until dissolved. Wait 4-5 hours, this time is set aside for the juice. Wash mint leaves beforehand and let them dry.
- When the base for the jam is infused, send the container with the contents to the fire. Wait for boiling, without stopping to interfere, simmer the treat for 5 minutes. Pour mint leaves (you can chop them).
- Continue to boil the composition over low heat. Remove the foam, wait for thickening. When the jam reaches the desired condition, remove it from the heat. Immediately pack and cork.
Mint and Pear Jam
- pear - 1.4 kg.
- mint leaves (fresh) - 200 gr.
- granulated sugar - 1.2 kg.
- Lime - 1 pc.
- Crush a pear with cubes of the same size, pre-release the fruit from the hearts. Do not remove the peel, after boiling it will become hardly noticeable.
- Put the fruit in a saucepan and sprinkle with sugar. Stir, leave until the juice appears for about 4-6 hours. Now place the pan on the fire, start cooking at medium power.
- While the mass comes to a boil, scald with boiling water lime. Remove the seeds, the fruit itself, along with the peel, chop into slices. When the jam gives the first bubbles, add lime.
- Reduce power to the minimum rate, continue languishing for another 50-60 minutes. After a while send in the treats washed and chopped mint leaves.
- Wait another third of the hour, turn off the burner. Cool the contents, remove from the raw mint leaves. Again boil the treat and pour into sterile jars.
Mint Lemon Jam
- granulated sugar - 950 gr.
- lemon - 2 pcs.
- drinking water - 475 ml.
- mint leaves - 0.25 kg.
- Rinse the mint, leave it on paper towels to dry. Cut into thin strips. Dip lemons in boiling water for 1 minute, rub and chop into slices (get rid of the bones).
- Mix mint with citrus, add water, set the pan with the contents on the fire. Boil down a quarter of an hour from the moment of boiling. Then leave for 20 hours in the dark.
- After a specified period of time, repeat the heat treatment. In the hot state, filter the jam through 4 layers of gauze. Again boil and pack.
Mint and Apple Jam
- granulated sugar - 680 gr.
- apple (sweet and sour) - 1.3 kg.
- drinking water - 130 ml.
- lemon juice - 60 ml.
- basil - 1 bunch
- Mint - 1-2 bundles
- Rinse the apples, peel them from the cores. Cut into segments with equal size, then send to the refractory container for boiling and pour sugar. Let the mass stand for 10 hours.
- After the specified time, pour in water, send the dishes with the composition to the stove. Set the burner to the average, cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the burner, cover the treat, leave for 6 hours. After this time, boil again, cool. Next, carry out the third heat treatment, at this stage mint and chopped basil are added.
- After boiling cook a treat for another third of an hour, 5 minutes before the completion of the procedure, add lemon juice. The delicacy is packaged in hot cans, the blockage is carried out immediately.
Peppermint jam with cucumber
- jelly (gelling mixture) - 20 gr.
- cucumber (average in size) - 0.5 kg.
- table water - 0.1 l.
- mint leaves - 90 gr.
- lemon juice - 50 ml.
- granulated sugar - 0.2 kg.
- First rinse the cucumbers, wipe them off, chop them into slices or half-slices. Powder the contents of 0.15 kg. sugar and stir, wait 5 hours.
- Wash the mint, cut it, excluding the stalks. Send the plant to the skillet and add water. Boil, leave the broth for 3 hours.
- After 5 hours, the cucumbers will give up the liquid, move the container with the vegetable on the stove. Bring to the appearance of bubbles, and then cook another third of the hour.
- Squeeze the mint liquid, the leaves themselves, scroll the blender to the state of porridge. Mix the jelly with the remnants of sugar, mix with cucumbers. Add lemon juice and mint here.
- Cook another quarter of an hour, constantly tracking the consistency of the treat. It should be thick. Roll up a treat, cool the neck down.
- Peppermint jam will not work saturated if the leaves of the plant are not previously insisted in sugar. Do not forget to withstand harvesting for at least 3 hours before extracting juice.
- Mint, collected not earlier than 4 days ago, is suitable for cooking. Fresh leaves retain their beneficial properties to the full, they do not evaporate during the heat treatment process.
- The ideal time to collect mint is the period from the end of June to the beginning of July. You can replace mint with melissa, but the latter is more whimsical, it needs less.
Look for recipes of mint jam with the addition of citric acid, citrus fruit juice, strawberries, pears, sweet and sour apples, cucumbers. To create a healthy treat, provide a delicacy with raspberries or currants.
Lime lemon mint jam
In order to prepare a refreshing mint jam, you will need the following components:
- mint leaves (crushed) - glass,
- lemon - 1 piece,
- lime - 2 pieces,
- sugar - 2 cups,
- one bag of pectin.
We will cook in a slow cooker. To begin, prepare all the ingredients. We wash the mint, dry and grind it (you can do it with a blender or just with a sharp knife), also wash the lemon and lime and cut it very finely. Pour all the ingredients into the multicooker bowl, pour pectin on top. You need to cook in the "Soup" mode for five minutes, until a sufficient amount of juice is released. Then we filter the mixture and pour sugar into the resulting mint-lemon-lime cocktail.
Turn on the same mode again and continue cooking: the syrup boils first and then starts to thicken. This process is short and takes about 15 minutes. Above all, do not forget to constantly stir it with a spatula. Hot pour the mint jam into a jar prepared according to the rules and spin.
Jam with Melissa and Mint
There is another recipe in which not only mint is used, but also melissa (aromatic essential oil plant). We take in equal proportions the fresh leaves of that and another plant, it should make up 600 grams. This amount of grass will need 1.5 kilograms of sugar and a little more glass of water (300 g). In addition, for the acid you need to add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
Making mint jam with this recipe will differ as follows:
- you need to cook it in a pan on the fire (and not in a slow cooker),
- leaves do not need to crush, do not put lemon (only juice),
- syrup is not filtered, but is boiled and poured together with mint leaves.
Mint and lemon balm, dry and put in a saucepan. Pour them 1/2 of the specified amount of sugar, cover the dishes with a cotton towel. From the second part of sugar, water and fresh lemon juice we cook syrup. Fill them with mint leaves and melissa and leave for 5 hours so that the mixture is present. After that, put the pot on a slow fire and boil for 6-7 minutes after boiling. Without straining and cooling, pour into jars and roll. Jam should have a transparent pale green color. Here is such a useful, fragrant and very beautiful preparation for the winter! It goes well with green tea. In addition, jam can be used as a syrup to soak biscuits, add to the butter cream, pour them with ready baking, etc.
Be sure to treat this delicacy to your loved ones, let them appreciate your unusual emerald jam made from mint. Reviews, be sure to surpass all expectations. Spend the winter with taste and without colds!
What ingredients should be added to the mint?
It is quite clear that from one mint of jam "you do not blind." As additional ingredients should be prepared:
- 400 g mint (together with petioles),
- 400 g of sugar
- 200 ml of water
- agar-agar or ready-mix for making jam.
Mint must first be prepared: wash, cut, cover with sugar. At the end, pour warm water (to dissolve the sugar quickly) and leave to infuse for 3 hours.
How to cook mint jam green?
After three hours, the resulting mint infusion should be drained and brought to a boil. Add to it 20 g of the mixture for jam and, stirring constantly with a whisk, let it completely dissolve. Protom 5-7 minutes.
The mint itself does not have a rich green color, and therefore the jam is often brown. You can give it a beautiful color using greens:
- Grind in a blender to a mushy state of 200 g of spinach and parsley.
- Put green mashed potatoes in cheesecloth and carefully squeeze out all the juice from it.
- Heat the squeezed juice until the steam begins to rise over the saucepan.
- Place ice cubes in a separate bowl and cover with a towel.
- Pour the hot vegetable juice onto a towel and set aside for a while so that all the water is drained. Chlorophyll will remain on the fabric, which will act as a coloring agent for jam.
At 250 g of mint infusion put 3 g of green thicket (chlorophyll) and mix well. Beautiful green mint jam is ready. When it cools, the consistency will be thicker.
How to make golden jam of mint with sourness?
To give the dessert a golden hue and a slight sourness, it is necessary to remove the foam from the hot mint infusion with a spoon. In the remaining liquid squeeze the juice from the lemon and boil for 30 minutes.
Arrange the jam in sterilized jars and roll up.
Refreshing taste, pleasant sweetness
Mint confiture not only has an unusual taste, but is also very useful. Often it is included in the list of products recommended for ingestion for colds and stomach problems. Such a "sweet medicine" will improve the condition after 2-3 doses.
How to cook it? Here is a simple and affordable recipe. Take:
- mint - 0.5 kg,
- sugar - 1 kg
- citric acid - 1 tsp
- water - 250 ml.
Rinse the leaves under running water and dry with a paper towel. Put in a saucepan, sprinkling with sugar (500 g), then pour in citric acid, diluted in 1 tbsp. water. Leave for a few hours.
If you want to give the preparation a special sour taste, you can make jam with lemon and lime. To do this, citrus fruits must be cut into slices and put to the total weight.
In the meantime, prepare the syrup. To do this, pour the rest of the sugar with water, put on the fire and bring to a boil. Pour to let loose sheets, and allow to boil for 3-4 minutes. Pour the jam on the banks and roll up.
This tasty delicacy can be used as a syrup for pancakes, cottage cheese desserts, puddings, as well as for soaking biscuit cakes and making cocktails at home. Enjoy your meal!
Wash lemon, finely chop, not separating the peel. Add crushed mint and lemon to boiling water. Boil 10 minutes and set aside for a day.
The next day, strain the broth, add sugar. Boil until tender, minutes 35-40. Hot pour into banks, roll up.
Sometimes I make a slightly enriched recipe, but I need a second lemon. The principle is the same, the only thing - to the broth on the second day of cooking add finely chopped (preferably grated) zest of the second lemon.
Most often, this fragrant mint jam before winter is not worth it - it is eaten in the fall. A good combination of business with pleasure. Agree that a very simple, albeit rather time-consuming recipe, how to make mint jam with lemon.
Enjoy your magic tea.
© 2017-2018 Labuda
Information and entertainment site "Labuda" is daily, operational, relevant, interesting news and useful information from different spheres of life.
Full or partial copying of materials from the site labuda.blog is allowed only with reference to the active and indexed hyperlink to the source of publication.
The use of jam in cooking
Sweet and spicy mint jam can be eaten as a stand-alone dessert, for example, with bread, tea, or as an addition to ice cream. You can also add it to hot drinks or even make mojito with it. Watering a spoon of jam, semolina or oatmeal, you can make it more satisfying. Biscuit cakes are impregnated with mint jam, and with the help of gelatin it will turn into a beautiful top layer of cake or pie. Confectioners have found another use for it - for color and flavor, the product is mixed in small quantities with butter cream, making it airy and soft.
The unusual taste of mint jam is the reason why it is often used in the preparation of meat dishes as an ingredient of the sauce or marinade for lamb, veal, pork. A few drops of balsamic vinegar and jam are mixed and added to vegetable salads as a dressing, because the mint aftertaste is wonderfully combined with greens, lettuce, tomatoes.
Nutritional value, chemical composition of the product
Варенье имеет однородную желеобразную консистенцию. Чистое, без подкрашивания, варенье из мяты – густое вещество золотисто-жёлтого или коричневого цвета. С помощью небольших кулинарных ухищрений, ему можно придать насыщенный зелёный оттенок. Например, для красивого изумрудного оттенка используют натуральный краситель из шпината и петрушки, или добавляют пищевой краситель.
Caloric value of the product: 220 kcal per 100 g, so that mint jam refers to high-calorie non-dietary dishes.
100 g of jam contains 0.12 g of fat, 56 g of carbohydrates and 0.44 g of proteins.