N. Levakovsky, a lecturer at Kazan University, 100 years ago turned his attention to the weed, which flooded the entire university courtyard - bird buckwheat. He knew this plant very well. The grass covered the streets and town squares with its thick carpet. Even on the roads, she managed to grow between the footpath, trodden by the hooves of horses, and the ruts of the wheels. At that moment N. Levakovsky began to study it. In this article, we will learn what bird buckwheat looks like, what its useful properties are, etc. In addition, let's talk about medical recipes based on it.
Description of plants: highlander bird
The highlander bird (goose grass, or knotweed) is an annual medicinal herb. Belongs to the buckwheat family.
The plant reaches a height of 100 cm. It has a curling stem, branching from the base. Leaves with swept-heart-shaped, triangular-ovoid, with rather long petioles. The fruit is a triangular nutlet, regular-triangular in cross section, 3 mm long and 2 mm wide, dull, black, elongated-pointed at the top, enclosed in a perianth.
This grass shows astringent, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effect. The plant is used in traditional medicine as a tool that has tonic and tonic properties. Plant-based drugs lower blood pressure, eliminate bleeding of mucosal membranes, accelerate wound healing.
Many people know what bird buckwheat looks like, but not everyone understands that it is used to treat urinary tract pathologies, as well as gallstone disease. The highlander bird splinters stones, after which they are eliminated from the body imperceptibly with urine or bile.
Preparations of this plant - an effective tool that reduces the muscles of the uterus, thereby increasing its tone. This allows its use in postpartum uterine bleeding. The plant increases blood clotting, has a hemostatic effect.
Due to its astringent properties, this plant is used for gastric and duodenal ulcers, for colitis, gastritis and diarrhea.
Traditional medicine also recommends the use of poultry mountaineer in such diseases: pulmonary tuberculosis, rheumatism, acne, boils and dermatitis.
Take 40 grams of grass. A bird of buckwheat is poured with a glass of cool water (the photo is presented in this article), heated for half an hour in a water bath, after which it is drawn for 15 minutes, filtered, and the raw material is squeezed out. With this infusion, you need to periodically make baths.
For a long time, mankind has used this plant for the preparation of various foods. As a result, its young leaves and stems have been used in salads, side dishes, second and first courses - in fermented, dried and boiled form.
Simultaneously with the flowering occurs and the ripening of fruits - small, brown or dark brown in color, nuts, which are extremely fond of birds.
The plant belongs to the class of dicots, grows in all regions of the country. A knotweed spreads out on the ground, covering fields and paths, pastures and banks of reservoirs.
The plant is surprisingly tenacious. It is not afraid of trampling at all. Grass is growing in the temperate zone everywhere.
The plant is widely used in traditional and traditional medicine - it has hemostatic, diuretic and astringent effects.
Harvest the grass as follows:
- carefully cut off the upper part of the plant (you can not pull out the stems, because they are pulled out from the root),
- laid out on paper or burlap, left in a shaded place until completely dry.
What do you know about the benefits and harm of amaranth flour? Read about recipes in a useful article.
About the properties of the soap solution is written on this page.
Ground parts of the plant are rich in pharmacologically active substances:
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - regulates metabolism, is an antioxidant,
- carotene - enhances the immune and other protective functions of the body,
- tocopherol (vitamin E) - immunomodulator, antioxidant,
- vitamin K - helps to improve blood clotting,
in addition, the chemical composition of the plant contains:
- Avonularin flavonoid - helps stop bleeding,
- flavonol quercetin - diuretic, has antispasmodic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory properties,
- essential oils - have a cleansing and healing effect,
- mucus - possess enveloping and softening properties, resins - heal and disinfect wounds,
- carbohydrates and fats - the main nutrient compounds
- tannins - a group of compounds with astringent and inflammatory properties;
- silicic acid - accelerates the process of skin regeneration, promotes faster healing of wounds, makes joints, blood vessels and bones stronger.
Preparations made on the basis of a highlander bird have expectorant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-toxic, astringent effects.
- prevent the formation of kidney stones
- reduce the pressure
- remove excess chlorine and sodium ions,
- strengthen the vessel and reduce the permeability of their walls.
Medicinal products from knotweed (photo, therapeutic properties and contraindications) reduce the degree of crystallization of mineral salts, improve blood clotting, give a diuretic effect.
Infusions from grass-ants are recommended to be taken for various types of bleeding - hemorrhoidal, uterine, intestinal and others.
No less effective infusions:
- to raise the overall tone of the body,
- strengthening immunity
- save from nervous exhaustion,
- they will relieve puffiness and can help to get rid of respiratory diseases, including tuberculosis.
And what do you know about the benefits of amaranth oil? What effect it has on the skin of the face and body, read the article after clicking on the link.
How to take cayenne pepper extract is written here.
Infusions are useful in the treatment of bruises - to achieve the effect, it is enough to apply a compress on the injured place several times a day.
Fresh grass and juice from it are used for quick healing of wounds, burns, cuts, boils.
For getting rid of epileptic seizures and convulsions, knotweed boiled in cow's milk and consumed immediately.
In case of skin diseases, spiderweed decoctions are added to the water while bathing.
A knotweed can be eaten - this plant is a great addition to soups and salads.
Despite the huge number of positive properties of the plant, due to its biochemical composition, it also has strict contraindications.
It is not recommended to use a highlander bird as a medicinal and prophylactic agent for:
- pregnancy - the grass can cause miscarriage,
- increased blood clotting and thrombophlebitis,
- acute inflammation of the bladder and kidneys,
- stones in the gall bladder (how to cure folk remedies is written here).
If a history of disease occurring in chronic or acute form, before the use of knotweed is recommended to consult your doctor.
For the treatment of dystrophy, as a firming agent for the elderly used infusion of 10 grams of grass, filled with two cups of boiling water.
The mixture is infused for 2-2.5 hours, filtered and consumed in equal quantities during the day.
Diarrhea will relieve the collection of knotweed, blackberry stalks, thorns, althea root (taken in equal quantities).
A large spoonful of crushed collection pour 250 ml of boiled water, insist until it cools, filter and drink with tablespoons up to 7 times a day.
With duodenal ulcer and stomach (read about treatment in this article) tuberculosis, diseases of the genitourinary system, hemorrhoids - The infusion of 3 tablespoons of herbs, filled with half-liter of boiled water and infused for 4 hours in a thermos is useful.
Filtered mixture is drunk four times a day for half a glass 20-25 minutes before the meal.
Normalize heart rhythm will help the collection of:
- 1 part knotweed,
- 1 part of dried grass,
- 1 part hawthorn flowers (how to brew).
A tablespoon of the collection is poured with a glass of boiling water only, left for half an hour and used for a third of the glass in three doses.
In renal diseases and diseases of the bladder collection is prepared from:
- 1 part juniper (fruit, application),
- 17 parts of the grass of the mountaineer bird,
- 2 parts of buckthorn bark (medicinal properties and contraindications).
50 grams of the mixed collection are poured with a liter of boiling water, left until the moment when the liquid becomes room temperature.
Then the infusion is filtered and used in the amount of 3 cups daily.
Medicinal properties, recipes of traditional medicine knotweed look in the video.
Like this article? Subscribe to site updates via RSS, or stay tuned to Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.
Subscribe to email updates:
Tell your friends!
Highlander bird. Plant description
The Latin species definition - “aviklararis”, meaning “bird”, is given to a plant better known by the people as “grass-ants”. The flowers and seeds are pecked by the birds, but the viable shoots turn green again. The name of the genus Sporysh comes from the verb “to go along,” which is associated with the rapid reproduction and growth of the aerial part of the grass-ant. The correct name of the species is the mountaineer (the plant photo is presented in the article below)
The knotweed is a grassy annual, which belongs to the buckwheat botanical family. The leaves of the plant can only be viewed from a close distance, because they do not exceed 1.5–2.5 cm in length. The shape of bright green plates is usually lanceolate or elliptical.
Avian Highlander blooms inconspicuously, but abundant and long. White or pinkish beaters bloom in small groups in the axils of the stemless leaves. The plant in the southern regions remains green from May almost until November, until the frost hits. Simultaneously with the appearance of new flowers, the fruits ripen throughout the warm period. These small brown nuts serve as a delicacy for poultry; therefore, weed is popularly called “gooseberry” and “bird buckwheat”.
Where there is a fabulous grass-ant
Knotweed distributed almost throughout the temperate zone of the Eurasian continent, is not found only in the Arctic. The highlander is not afraid of trampling, grass-ants survive on airfields, stadiums, pastures, but it grows better near housing, in the garden and on the shore of the reservoir.
The plant stems in the harsh conditions of city streets and courtyards are spread horizontally above cracks in the asphalt. In rural areas, on the edges of forest and field roads, you can notice the rising shoots of grass-ant, reaching a length of 20-50 cm.
Biochemical wealth knotweed. Vitamins
The whole terrestrial part of the plant is a highlander bird (knotweed) contains various pharmacologically active substances. Let's start the review with vitamins:
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C in dry raw materials - up to 0.9%) - an antioxidant, metabolism regulator.
- Provitamin A (carotene) - increases the body's defenses.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) is an antioxidant substance, an immunomodulator.
- Vitamin K - provides blood clotting.
A variety of biologically active components of knotweed
The avian buckwheat contains flavonoid avikularin and flavonol quercetin, which are interesting and important components of medicinal raw materials from a biological point of view. Avikularin has hemostatic properties. Flavonol Quercetin from the Vitamin P group is an antioxidant known to doctors for its anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, diuretic and antihistamine properties.
The traditional ingredients of many plants are tannins. This is a group of compounds with astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. The presence of silicic acid salts is a feature of the mountaineer's bird. Research on the biological role of the most common element on the planet continues. Results have already been obtained that prove the effect of silicon on the skin’s ability to regenerate and heal wounds as soon as possible. Compounds of silicic acid increase the elasticity and strength of the integuments of the body, tendons, bones, walls of blood vessels.
In the composition of the knotweed there are traces of essential oil, providing a healing and cleansing effect. Resins have disinfecting and wound healing effects. Slimes are substances with enveloping and softening properties. There are fats and carbohydrates - these are the main nutrient compounds of plants.
The above-mentioned biologically active substances are rich only in timely harvested and well-dried mountaineer. The medicinal properties of the plant will be considered after a reminder about the rules for collecting medicinal raw materials.
- The collection of herbs are during the entire flowering period.
- Shoots up to 40 cm long are suitable for medical use. Twigs can be picked manually, cut with scissors or a sickle.
- After collecting, they take out the raw material so that the roots and browned stems with leaves do not fall. If necessary, the grass should be washed from the sand, dirt and allowed to drain water.
- Drying is carried out in the shade, choosing a dry place in the open air or in a ventilated room. The raw material laid out on a clean surface is often turned over so that there is no mold. The dried mountaineer should be light green in color, have a faint odor, slightly astringent taste.
- Before storing, inspect the twigs again, clean them of the darkened and yellowed leaves, stalks.
Diseases and conditions in which the use of knotweed grass
The highlander bird (knotweed), when ingested, increases the blood's important clotting properties. Assign broths and tinctures weed ant with internal bleeding (uterine and hemorrhoidal). A few decades ago, scientific medicine recognized the role of preparations based on this plant in the practice of obstetrics and gynecology. The terrestrial part of the bird's mountaineer is one of the 19 components of herbal tea No. 2 used for the preparation of the medicine according to M. N. Zdrenko.
Infusion or decoction of the ground part of the mountaineer bird can be used in the following diseases and conditions:
- the initial period of the formation of stones
- inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract,
- gastric and duodenal ulcer,
- in the complex treatment of tuberculosis,
- diseases, including chronic urinary tract infections,
- uterine and hemorrhoidal bleeding,
- violation of mineral metabolism,
- liver disease,
How to prepare infusion of herbs knotweed for oral administration
Infusion at home is prepared from dried raw materials. Plant mass will require 1 tbsp. spoon. This amount of herb is placed in a small enamel pot. According to the recipe, the mountaineer, whose beneficial properties it is desirable to preserve completely, pour 20 ml of pure cold water, cover the dishes with a lid, place them in a larger container with boiling water and heat them.
On the water bath infusion languishes for 15–20 minutes. After this time, the pan is removed and allowed to cool. After 45–60 minutes, the liquid is passed through a sieve and check that the volume of the resulting extract is at least 200 ml. If the solution turned out to be less, then add filtered or boiled water. Take 1 tbsp. l herbal infusion 3 times a day.
You can take in different proportions of water and raw mountaineer bird (grass). The use of each product is indicated after the recipe:
- Measure out 3 tbsp. l herbs, put in a saucepan and pour 200 ml of boiling water. Heat the mixture for 10–15 minutes on low heat, then leave to infuse for 45 minutes. Then strain the broth, squeeze the raw material. For daily consumption will require 1 cup of infusion, which must be divided into 3 doses. Drink 15-25 minutes before meals. The list of indications for the treatment of infusion of herbs knotweed: gastritis, uterine and hemorrhoidal bleeding, gastric ulcer, diseases of the duodenum.
- Measure out 5 g of raw material, pour 300 ml of boiling water. Leave the mixture for 2 hours, you can wrap up to keep warm. Drink this infusion with general weakness, to restore the body after illness.
Traditional medicine for the treatment of colds almost all recommends taking an infusion of herbs called mountaineer. Contraindications are few, as the plant is non-toxic. Rare cases of individual intolerance to individual components of raw materials. The taste of a decoction or infusion is pleasant, refreshing. In the period of seasonal epidemics of acute respiratory viral infections, both adults and children, as well as pregnant and lactating women, can drink tea from a coarse herb in moderate quantities.
Broth grass of the highlander bird
- To prepare the broth, you need to take 10 g of raw materials and 400 ml (2 cups) of water.Mix components and heat for 15–20 minutes in a boiling water bath. Leave the resulting solution for 10 minutes to insist. Strain and drink as tea with general weakness to strengthen the body.
- Another recipe involves mixing 20 g of raw materials and 1 cup of water. The resulting mass must be heated for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath, and then insist about an hour. This broth is taken before meals for the treatment and prevention of diseases of the urinary system, liver.
External use of knotweed grass
A slurry of freshly torn bird buckwheat cuts and abrasions on the skin to heal faster. Locally used infusion of dry grass plants mountaineer. The use of tools in the form of compresses is shown for bruises and sprains. When bathing children, a decoction of plant shoots is added to the bath in order to save babies from skin diseases. It is used in order to prevent.
The combination of highlander avian with other medicinal plants
With strong uterine bleeding, a herbal medicine is used in the composition of the knotweed, barberry fruit, mistletoe grass and shepherd's bag. Pneumonia is a serious disease. In this case, besides the traditional medical treatment, an infusion of highlander grass, horsetail and mature juniper berries is used to alleviate the condition of the patient (other types should not be used!). A good remedy for the treatment and prevention of heart failure is a herbal tea of the following composition: hawthorn flowers, knotweed grass and horsetail.
The beneficial properties of the highlander bird make it possible to use this plant for whooping cough and tuberculosis, but in the case of very dangerous infectious diseases, decoctions and infusions of this herb are ineffective. Vegetable fees in such situations are only an aid. Be sure to consult with your doctor on the treatment of uterine bleeding and other conditions, which were discussed in the article.
Collection, storage and storage
The collection of plants can be carried out during the entire period of its flowering. You should choose the strong, formed and healthy shoots with a length of about 30-40 centimeters. The stems can be torn off (this is problematic, as they are incredibly durable) or cut with a knife, scissors. After collecting the grass, sort it and remove all unnecessary: insects, soil, yellowed leaves and parts of rhizomes. Then you can wash the herbs and dry well.
To dry poultry buckwheat should be either at home in a well-ventilated room, or in the open air, but in a place protected from the sun. Spread the grass in an even layer and periodically mix and agitate so that the raw material dries evenly and is not moldy. You can store a ready-made dried mountaineer in canvas bags or cans for three years.
Composition and use
The composition of bird buckwheat includes a lot of valuable substances: all kinds of organic acids, flavonoids, tannins, essential oils, and vitamins E, K, C and A. Such components cause the many beneficial properties of the plant:
- Avian buckwheat has a high antioxidant activity, which allows you to fight free radicals, thereby slowing down the processes of oxidation and aging of tissues, as well as reducing the likelihood of developing cancer.
- The knotweed helps to strengthen the immune system, increase the body's resistance to infections, and restore the natural protective barrier that reflects attacks by pathogens.
- The grass helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and prevents their stretching and damage, which is an effective prevention of a dangerous and insidious disease - atherosclerosis.
- The bird mountaineer normalizes and improves the functioning of the human urinary system: stimulates the kidneys due to a mild diuretic effect, and also helps to remove kidney stones and prevents their formation.
- Knotweed has anti-inflammatory properties that can spread to all body systems.
- The plant normalizes blood clotting and helps to stop bleeding.
- The bird's mountaineer contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and has antibacterial properties, allowing you to fight infections and speed up the healing process.
- Astringent and regenerating effects contribute to the speedy healing of wounds and the restoration of damaged tissue.
- The plant improves the condition of the mucous membranes and skin, strengthens their structure, accelerates the regenerative processes.
- The knotweed normalizes blood pressure in hypertension.
- It is worth noting the expectorant properties that are relevant for respiratory diseases, accompanied by coughing and the formation of viscous difficult to separate sputum.
- Avian Highlander has a tonic and restorative effect, helps to recover faster from injuries or serious illnesses.
- Astringent properties can stop diarrhea.
- Grass helps to eliminate toxic and other harmful substances from the body.
Knife is used for stones in the kidneys, bleeding (hemorrhoidal, uterine, nasal), bronchitis and tuberculosis, intestinal infections, chronic or acute diarrhea, exhaustion, burns and wounds, SARS and flu, as well as other health problems.
Who should not use the plant?
Avian buckwheat has contraindications, and these include breastfeeding and pregnancy periods, acute renal failure, chronic constipation, gallstones, thrombosis, increased blood clotting, thrombophlebitis, hypotension and inflammatory processes localized in the urinary system.
The use of knotweed can be done in different ways:
- To prepare the infusion, take four or five tablespoons of raw materials and fill this amount with two full glasses of water, which you must first bring to a boil. It is desirable to infuse the mixture either in a tightly sealed container covered with a towel, or in a thermos. After four to five hours, the tool will infuse and cool, and it can be filtered. An infusion is taken in half or a third cup twenty to twenty-five minutes before meals three times or four times a day. He is appointed to strengthen the immune system, with colds.
- How to brew bird buckwheat? You need two tablespoons of dried raw materials pour one full glass of hot water. This mixture is placed in a saucepan and either stewed over low heat for 15–20 minutes, or placed in a water bath for half an hour. Let the broth stand for at least half an hour, and then filter it after cooling. This tool is taken three tablespoons three times a day, for example, after meals. Decoction is prescribed for sand in the kidneys, intestinal infections, and bleeding. It is also used externally in the form of applications, lotions or wiping in case of injuries of the skin.
- Potent effective remedy - tincture. It is easy to get it: chop up 50 or 60 grams of dry quality raw materials, place in a darkened glass container, pour 0.5 liters of good vodka or diluted alcohol with water, close the bottle or jar and send it to a cool, dark place for a week. Shake the container daily to mix the contents. Filter the finished tincture and take twenty drops, dissolving in 50-60 milliliters of water and drinking four times a day for bronchitis and other diseases.
Important! Before use, consult a doctor.
Use bird buckwheat wisely to gain and get rid of health problems. Good luck to you!
What is a highlander bird
Creeping herbaceous plant has elastic stems, it is nice to run on it, walk barefoot. Sometimes it looks like a shrub, forms dense thickets. Thanks to the spread of grass throughout the country, the highlander bird has many other names. The most famous of them - the national name knotweed. In addition, there are:
- avian rich
- goose grass
- bird buckwheat,
- fringed grass,
- brown grass
What is a knotweed? Polygonum aviculare - as the annual herb is called in Latin - belongs to the genus Highlander of the buckwheat family. The knotweed can grow up to 80 cm high. According to the description, the Highlander has:
- thick, taproot,
- stem - up to 60 cm, with pronounced nodes, branched, creeping at the base,
- leaves are elliptical in shape, up to 5 cm long, up to 1.5 cm wide, greyish-green, with short petioles, whitish, membranous sockets in the nodes.
Experts note that after flowering, the stems become tough. According to the description mountaineer blooms from May to October. At the same time observed:
- flowers in buds of 2-5 pieces, are in the leaf axils, small, have 3 pistils, 8 stamens, color - pink-green,
- fruits - a flat triangle black or brown - ripen from July to September, are very loved by birds.
Where the knotweed grass lives
This plant is distributed throughout Russia, except in places with eternal ice. For knotweed does not matter the temperature and humidity, it is comfortable in any climate. The plant is distinguished by resistance to trampling, it is exposed to weedy places, it easily tolerates natural disasters, it grows on any soil. Highlander can be found:
- along country roads
- in the mountains,
- in the gardens as a weed plant,
- in the gardens
- near rivers,
- on sports fields,
- at farmsteads
- on pastures.
What does bird buckwheat look like?
The mountaineer grass remains unchanged in color until autumn, forming a resilient carpet. Note the features of this medicinal plant. Noteworthy:
- a long stem that extends along the ground can rise slightly,
- small flowers with five petals, green with a pink border,
- clusters of buds in the axils of leaflets at different phases of blooming,
- oblong, large leaves of a pale gray-green color.
Highlander bird - useful properties and contraindications
Medicinal fees, prepared from a knotweed, are widely used in the treatment of numerous ailments. It should be noted that the herb has a powerful effect on the body, so it is important to know all the contraindications for use. It is advisable to consult a doctor to:
- avoid unpleasant consequences
- decide on the dosage and course of treatment.
Useful properties due to the composition of the plant. The use of medicinal raw materials in the form of infusions and decoctions helps:
- eliminate foci of fermentation - the composition has antimicrobial properties,
- get rid of allergic rashes, acne,
- in the treatment of ulcers - has anti-inflammatory effect,
- cleanse the body of excess salt
- normalize water exchange
- remove the pain
- get rid of tired legs
- protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation,
- tissue regeneration after burns.
The plant buckwheat bird owes its healing properties to the rich composition of the incoming components. This helps to effectively use the plant in the recipes of traditional medicine. The composition of the highlander bird contains vitamins E, K, B, C, and also:
- essential oils,
- silicic acid and its compounds
- flavonoids - quercetin, avikulyarin,
- ascorbic acid
Pharmacognosy - the science that studies plants with healing properties, marks the unique features of the highlander. Useful substances of the composition have medicinal characteristics. The plant has anti-inflammatory properties, valuable qualities:
- wound healing
The use of bird highlander is characterized by such a therapeutic effect:
- causes uterine contraction,
- accelerates the healing of bruises, wounds,
- reduces vascular permeability,
- accelerates metabolic processes,
- reduces the crystallization of salts in the urinary system,
- increases blood clotting
- improves appetite
- removes toxic substances from the body,
- reduces bleeding,
- removes puffiness,
- lowers the pressure
- removes small stones from the kidneys.
What treats the herb knotweed
Medicinal raw materials for the preparation of drugs mountaineer is the aerial part of the plant, the knotweed roots do not apply. Collection of raw materials takes place from June to September. It is recommended to harvest knives away from roads, settlements. Fresh grass is dried, then to make it therapeutic tinctures, decoctions and infusions. Knotweed is used to treat:
- pulmonary tuberculosis,
- stomach diseases,
- uterine bleeding,
- kidney diseases
- whooping cough
- inflammation of the intestinal mucosa.
Preparations of the highlander bird are widely used in the treatment of duodenal ulcers and stomachs. Proved their effectiveness in the presence of:
- bronchial asthma,
- intestinal bleeding,
- disorders of the renal tubules,
- pathologies of the urinary tract,
- liver diseases,
- mineral metabolism disorders
- tumor formations
- removed stones
- chronic foci of inflammation.
Bird buckwheat in gynecology
The mountaineer plays a special role in solving gynecological problems. This is facilitated by the hemostatic properties of the plant, the ability to counteract inflammation, cause uterine contractions. Broth helps:
- stop uterine bleeding,
- reduce long periods,
- alleviate the condition of women with fibroids,
- reduce the uterus after childbirth,
- reduce inflammation of the appendages,
- treat anemia after severe blood loss.
The herb is used as a decoction for ingestion and douching. To stop bleeding, with prolonged menstruation, the composition is consumed in a spoon half an hour before meals, three times a day. For the preparation of medicinal broth from bird buckwheat will need:
- take 20 grams of dry grass,
- pour a glass of boiling water
- boil for 20 minutes
- insist half an hour under the lid,
In the treatment of illness, an important role is played by silicic acid compounds that are in the composition. They destroy calcium salts involved in the formation of stones. The grass of buckwheat bird prevents the emergence of new formations. At the same time decoction of the plant:
- crushes small stones to a state of sand,
- due to diuretic properties, removes particles from the body.
It should be noted that the therapeutic effect is not observed in the presence of large stones. It is forbidden to use broth during exacerbation of urolithiasis. Recommend to drink the composition within two months, before meals. The resulting amount is consumed in 2 doses. To prepare in a thermos lay 15 grams of the collection, pour a glass of boiling water. After 15 minutes, the tool is ready. There are equal parts:
- pods dwarf beans.
Normalization of metabolic processes in the body
Knotweed has the property to regulate the body's metabolic processes. It is used to combat excess weight and its deficiency. To normalize metabolism, it is recommended to drink half or half a glass of tea before meals, in 4 divided doses. A thermos is required for cooking. On prescription:
- take 4 spoons of dried leaves,
- poured half a liter of boiling water,
- insist for four hours.
Herb of the highlander bird - use in traditional medicine
In many areas of medicine used drugs made on the basis of the herb knotweed. There are various options for using decoctions and infusions in recipes. Apply as follows:
- Outward knotweed in the form of a decoction. Applied as lotion for the treatment of wounds - contain tannic, antiseptic substances. Used as a conditioner for hair loss, for the treatment of skin diseases.
- For douching for gynecological inflammation.
- Drink infusions inside with acute diseases of the stomach and kidneys.
One of the forms of application of medicinal plants - decoctions. They are used for gargling, making compresses and lotions, foot baths, for internal use. To make a decoction, you must:
- 10 grams of dry raw materials pour 400 ml of water,
- boil for 20 minutes
Infusion of the Highlander
The use of knotweed in the form of an infusion has greater power, thanks to the technology of cooking in a water bath. It helps to draw the nutrients from the plant. Ready infusion is stored in the refrigerator. For cooking requires:
- take a spoonful of dry raw materials
- add 30 ml of water
- soak under the lid on the bath for 20 minutes,
- remove from heat, insist for an hour,
- top up with boiled water to 200 ml.
Tea from bird buckwheat
In folk medicine, using a medicinal plant in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, bronchitis, complicated by a strong cough. Teas are made for this purpose. They help relieve inflammation, have antibacterial action. Drink tea 3 cups per day. To prepare you need:
- take 8 spoons of dried knotweed leaves,
- pour a liter of cold water
- take off
To improve immunity, treatment of abscesses, stomach ulcers, apply fresh plant juice.The healing composition helps to dissolve the stones to fine sand and painlessly remove it from the bladder. To prepare the juice you need to collect the raw materials during flowering. On prescription:
- the grass is cleaned from dry leaves,
- remove the roots
- grind using a meat grinder or blender,
- squeeze through several layers of gauze.
How to take
Traditional healers offer a wide selection of recipes for treating diseases using the highlander. Each of them contains its own dosage and rules of application. To avoid side effects, you need to strictly adhere to the recipe. There are generally accepted patterns of use of drugs based on avian buckwheat:
- The infusion is consumed in half a glass 20 minutes before meals,
- 15 ml of water is drunk three times a day,
- Tincture taken 4 times a day, adding 20 drops in 50 ml of boiled cold water.
In the treatment of infertility
If a woman cannot become pregnant, the use of a decoction is recommended to both partners. Composition drink a glass before meals, 3 times a day. To prepare 4 spoons of herbs set up in a liter of boiling water. A woman should start taking the decoction one day after the end of menstruation. Therapeutic composition helps with infertility:
- relieves inflammation in the pelvic region,
- stimulates the ovaries,
- counteracts stress
- eliminates psychological stress.
Knotweed during pregnancy
While waiting for a child to use a medicinal plant is strictly prohibited in any form. This is due to the properties of bird buckwheat. In pregnancy, the use of compounds with grass can:
- cause uterine bleeding, life-threatening fetus and mother,
- provoke miscarriage, premature labor, as it has the property to reduce the muscles of the uterus.
For kidneys and liver
In order to clean the kidneys painlessly and gently, to treat a sick liver, healers recommend making an infusion. It helps to remove toxins, slags, sand from organs, to dissolve small stones. Recommend to drink freshly prepared infusion chilled in the morning, one glass each. It is advisable to coordinate the treatment with the doctor to avoid trouble. To prepare in a water bath:
- take a spoonful of herbs
- pour a glass of boiling water, stand in a bath for half an hour,
Infusion for men
Medicinal herb successfully solves the problems of men's health. It is only important to comply with the prescribed dosage to avoid complications. Take therapeutic infusion daily until the symptoms of the disease. A glass of grass is poured with a liter of boiling water, kept in wrapped form for 2 hours. Drink 50 ml three times a day before meals. The composition helps:
- normalize sexual function
- cure peptic ulcer
- increase vitality,
- treat urogenital inflammations.
Goose grass for kids
Knotweed is used in the treatment of diseases in childhood. The plant is useful for whooping cough, cramps. The drugs soothe the nervous system, relieve fear, help with high temperatures. Broth grease scratches, wounds, abrasions. Recommend taking drugs:
- For cough - a decoction of milk. To half a liter add 2 spoons of herbs, boil for 5 minutes, drink half a glass 4 times a day. Accepted to improve the condition.
- Teenagers with acne rash drink tea from knotweed for a month. The course is conducted in spring and autumn.
Description and habitat of the highlander bird
The highlander bird is an annual plant of the buckwheat family. It grows throughout the country, not picky about the composition of the soil and therefore grows even on poor clay and sandy soils. It can be found on rural streets and in city parks, along the sides of highways and along the banks of rivulets, in stadiums, in young landings.
The knotweed is a plant with a lying or slightly rising stem 60 cm in length, with a slightly branched vertical root, with elliptical leaves in the axils, which sit pink five-membered small flowers, they then ripen into a dark brown nut.
A knotweed is harvested for medicinal purposes during abundant flowering. It is necessary only to cut grass in a dry weather with a sharp knife, the length of a cut plant is about forty centimeters, try not to damage the root. Dried in attics, in the shade under a canopy or in a well-ventilated area. A ready harvest is considered when the stems become brittle. It is not recommended to collect grass from roads with a big gas content or in places where cattle graze.
It is possible to keep the ant-ant in tissue bags or paper bags for up to three years.
Healing properties and contraindications
Highland bird grass contains:
- flavonoid avikulyarin
- vitamin k
- ascorbic acid
- silicic acid
- traces of essential oil
Knotweed herb is used both separately and in collections with other medicinal plants. A large number of useful biologically active substances in the plant makes it possible to use it both for prevention and for the treatment of many chronic diseases. It is confirmed that the knotweed has a strong antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and hemostatic, diuretic and diaphoretic, anti-rotten and wound healing, tonic and astringent action.
Preparations based on dry knotweed dissolve and remove small stones from the kidneys and gallbladder, drive sand, nullify the crystallization of mineral salts in the urinary tract, accelerate the excretion of harmful substances such as sodium and chlorine. It is necessary to begin treatment with infusion of a plant starting from the minimum doses, gradually increasing, respectively, after consulting with your doctor. With strong edema of the legs of renal origin, warm compresses are made from the decoction of the plant overnight.
Long since, the knotweed herb is used as a good hemostatic agent for painful and heavy menstruation, incessant uterine bleeding after an abortion or in the postpartum period, with internal and external bleeding.
Infusion herbs used in diseases of the stomach, in particular, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, liver disease. The knotweed has an astringent effect on diarrhea, an appetizing effect on gastritis. It is used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Knotweed baths are made for children with various skin diseases. The course of treatment should be carried out up to two months and then take a break for a month. Preparations based on the grass of the highlander bird are applied externally in the form of baths and lotions to treat a variety of wounds, bruises, long-term healing ulcers, abscesses, tumors, burns and boils. From infusion make lotions, washing. Freshly crushed or very finely chopped weed is applied to the affected areas. From the decoction of knotweed individually or in a collection with other herbs such as chamomile, a string, make baths and applications for skin diseases, increased sweating.
Recipe tincture on alcohol
Insist one part of the herb on ten parts of alcohol. It is necessary to insist for 24 hours in a warm place, then strain well and take ten drops with water three times a day before eating.
Alcohol can be replaced with vodka or high-quality moonshine. Since the degree of tincture will be lower, the tincture can be taken on a dessert spoonful three times a day before meals for fifteen minutes.
In some diseases, the use of drugs on alcohol is not recommended. In this case, prepare the infusion. To do this, one tablespoon of grass pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew for thirty minutes, thoroughly filter. Take one tablespoon three times a day, twenty minutes before eating. The dose can be gradually increased to half a glass.
The knotweed is also very useful for outdoor use. Cheap and affordable raw materials can afford any patient. To prepare a decoction for the bath, first collect in a small dish, pour grass with boiling water, and then strain it, pour it directly into the bath.
You can make a decoction in combination with other herbs, for example:
- knotweed and nettle, nettle is good as a strengthening agent, activates all vital organs, boosts the body's immune forces
- knotweed and calendula, with the use of calendula, a sedative effect is observed and the pressure decreases, it is recommended for neurosis, in menopause, for erosion
- knotweed and mintmint is recommended as a sedative for headaches, sleep disorders
- knotweed and sage, sage has a disinfectant and anticonvulsant action, helps reduce perspiration.