Abnormal bite - a problem that is relevant to 80% of the population of the planet. To deal with it, orthodontists offer several techniques, one of them is wearing a mouth guard to align teeth. The main advantage of the method is the invisibility of treatment for others, but also the drawbacks of the caps are not without. How does the alignment of the dentition with this design, how long you need to wear it, how many mouth guards are on the teeth and what difficulties may be accompanied by the process of their use, you will learn in the article.
What are the mouth guards?
The term is derived from the German word "kappe", which translates as cap. An orthodontic mouthguard on the teeth is a pad worn over the entire dentition. It is made of polymer material - silicone or boiplastic. Often, you can hear the second name - Eliner.
Aligners are worn on the entire dentition.
Kappa, established for bite correction, acts according to the following principle: by a soft mechanical action, the structure causes the teeth to assume a given position. For each patient, a series of mouth guards is created from the cast of his jaws, which are alternately put on the dentition and affect the teeth in accordance with the treatment plan drawn up by the orthodontist.
Important: the kappa fits snugly to the teeth, it does not cause discomfort during use and is considered safe for prolonged stays in the mouth.
The main, but not the only advantages of the mouthguard - their invisibility in the toe cap and the ability to remove the structure at any time. It is these advantages that make this type of orthodontic appliances a popular method of leveling teeth in adults. After all, it is the lack of aesthetics of braces and the need to wear them constantly for a couple of years becomes the main argument in case of refusal to correct the bite.
Differences bracket systems from transparent kappa Invizilayn.
What are the mouth guards?
In orthodontics, mouthguards for teeth are used not only to correct their improper location. After wearing the braces, a retention kappa can be installed to secure the results. It does not allow the teeth to return to the original position, it is necessary to wear such an overlay for a long time, and in some cases the whole life.
In addition, there are lining-caps for whitening, disease prevention and enamel saturation with minerals, as well as protective mouthguards used to prevent tooth decay and abrasion.
Lining used to lighten the smile, filled with a special composition and put on the dentition for several hours. By the way, a whitening gel can also be placed in mouthguards to level the teeth.
Kappa is used for remineralization of teeth similarly to enamel lining, the main difference in the composition with which it is filled. These can be drugs that have a therapeutic and prophylactic effect. They saturate enamel with minerals important for its strength: calcium, fluorine and phosphorus.
Protective mouthguards may be necessary for people suffering from bruxism - uncontrollable teeth creak.
In addition to various types, depending on the destination, mouth guards are divided into standard and individual. The first are made of thermoplastic, which under the action of hot water becomes elastic. If, after softening the tray, put it on the teeth, the material will harden, and the pad will take the desired shape.
Find out what diseases are prescribed and how Imudon tablets are taken correctly.
Recently, many are trying to use the most natural means, but because tooth powders have become popular again. Read about their benefits here.
Standard mouthguards, as laid down in their names, are made on a single sample. The individual patient characteristics are not taken into account, so that such an overlay-cap may not be suitable for a particular patient. Alignment of teeth with standard caps can not be carried out, they are used for remineralization and whitening of enamel.
In the manufacture of individual caps are taken into account all the anatomical features of the structure of the jaw of the patient. For their creation applied computer simulation technology. Such linings are much more expensive, but their effectiveness is much higher.
How is the alignment of teeth kapami?
Orthodontic caps are invisible to others and can be easily removed.
Before setting up a kappa patient, an orthodontist performs a series of diagnostic measures, the results of which allow him to draw up a treatment plan. After examining the location of each tooth, the doctor decides what effect should be provided.
After that, the orthodontist makes a cast of the patient's jaw, which will be used to create plaster models first, and then exact copies of them in a three-dimensional chart. Already on the basis of 3D models will be made transparent mouthguards. The kit can include from 5 to 30 pads, which alternately with an interval of about 2-2.5 weeks should be worn by the patient and worn for 20 hours during the day.
The duration of treatment depends on the complexity of the case and the selected kapp system. All this is reflected in the cost. The most popular systems are:
To correct the bite, the Inviziline system requires from 10 to 25 sets of transparent caps, the treatment lasts from 8 to 14 months. The average cost of a course of treatment is 200 thousand rubles.
Correction of the bite system ClearCorrect takes more time - from one to two years. The set of kapp consists of 12-30 slips. On average, the treatment system will cost 130 thousand rubles.
What defects can fix mouthguards?
Unlike braces, mouthguards can cope far not with any curvature of the dentition. If there are significant violations of the bite, kappa will be powerless. The stomatologist-orthodontist may recommend treatment with patches-capes in the following cases:
- the presence of diastem and three,
- cross or deep bite,
- slight crowding of teeth
- axial displacement of the tooth
- improper placement of 1-2 teeth in a row.
Important: mouth guards will be effective only with minor violations of the bite, that is, with their help, you can return a growing crooked incisor to the general row, but the aligner will not be able to change the location of all inclined jaw teeth.
Benefits of Kapps
Transparent mouthguards for leveling teeth have a number of advantages, thanks to which this method remains very popular, despite the high cost of orthodontic treatment. These benefits include:
- the ability to remove the structure if necessary,
- almost complete invisibility on the teeth,
- wearing a cap does not require a change in diet,
- they quickly get used to the aligners, their use does not cause pain and discomfort,
- lining materials are safe, they do not injure enamel and gums,
- caps are not an obstacle for the dental treatment of caries and other diseases,
- materials for the manufacture of aligners are hypoallergenic,
- care for teeth and teeth during the treatment period is very simple,
- in the process of wearing overlays there is no violation of diction and speech distortion,
- treatment can be carried out at any age
- the possibility of teeth whitening at the same time with the correction of the bite.
Possible problems when using caps
Reviews of transparent aligners for the alignment of teeth indicate their high efficiency in matters of bite correction. However, despite this and such a huge list of advantages, caps have disadvantages.
Find out what should be an effective treatment for herpes.
Perhaps the main disadvantage is the high cost of construction. Another drawback is the inability to eat with a mouthguard. To eat, you have to shoot the Eliener. This causes inconvenience when visiting restaurants, cafes and eating food at a party. On the one hand, it is possible, when leaving the house, to remove the kappa, but it should be borne in mind that this will negatively affect the effectiveness of the treatment.
Another important point: the treatment with eyliners will be effective only for conscious patients. Since it is easy to remove the mouth guard, many patients wear it less than the prescribed time. In this case, it is better to install braces, which can not be removed at any time.
Material for the manufacture of the cap is different strength and elasticity, but despite this, the lining can wear out or be damaged. The complexity of the situation lies in the fact that the manufacture of a new mouth guard will take some time. If the treatment is carried out according to the Inviziline system, the new pad will be made in a laboratory in America. As you understand, this is noticeable not one week time. During this period, it will not be possible to carry the next kappa from the kit, as the teeth have not yet managed to occupy the desired position. Those who tried to put on the next aligner before the due time confirm that this causes a lot of inconvenience. In addition, such a measure may affect the quality of treatment. Therefore, it is necessary to handle the aligners carefully. When removing the food cap, it should be placed in a special case. It is necessary to clean it carefully, it is impossible to allow mechanical, temperature or physical impacts on the structure.
Teeth alignment caps are a convenient and effective orthodontic method. But in order for the results of the treatment to meet the expectations, it will be necessary to put a lot of effort and to strictly follow the doctor’s recommendations. Otherwise, the installation of a mouthguard can become wasted money.
In what cases put caps?
Defect of the dentition - this problem affects a large part of the population of both children and adults. Therefore, doctors have found a painless and effective solution. After all, every person has a desire to have a perfect smile. Problems that are solved with the help of cap:
- Teeth protrude from the row.
- The presence of a gap between the teeth.
- The torsion of the teeth at a few degrees from the main row.
The advantage of this treatment is that it occurs at home. A person goes to a doctor only to purchase a cap, and the process of correcting the deformity occurs at home. This type of treatment significantly saves time and does not create unnecessary difficulties. The patient himself can monitor the results of treatment.
Kapa put in the final stage of treatment using braces or plates to fix the result. After all, if you remove the braces and do not put the system, the teeth will return to their previous position and no results of treatment will be visible. And caps allow you to fix the new position of the dentition. Usually, this type of system is worn only for the night, and is removed for the day. This type of treatment has gained a lot of positive feedback.
What are the caps?
There are three types, depending on the wishes of the patient or the condition of the teeth, choose one of them:
- Standard - caps made on the model. The problem is that not all of them are suitable, as the bite is different for everyone, so you have to choose a more expensive option.
- Customized caps - for the manufacture of which a special impression is made from the patient's jaw, such an impression repeats the dentition. From this impression, a system is produced which ideally suits the patient.
- Thermoplastic caps - made on a standard sample. Since the jaw of all people is different, they use the standard system, which acquires the individual shape of teeth. To caps come in the form of their dipped in warm water, and then set and they quickly take the form of a dentition.
The material used in the manufacture of cap - silicone or bioplastic. Before the will of soft materials that do not hurt the teeth and gums. Both look good and have a long service life. What is important, they are absolutely not noticeable on the teeth.
Depending on the doctor's prescriptions, there are two types of caps. around the clock and night.
- Those that rush around the clock - and day and night, are removed only for cleaning. This option is used in serous cases of deformity.
- Those that wear at night - for those who still have an unused form of teeth. Or used in the final stages of treatment.
Positive and negative aspects of wearing cap
This fixture has many advantages compared to others. A visit to a doctor is becoming rare, and this is one of the main positive aspects, since many people do not like to visit doctors, especially dentists. Also saving time for busy people.
Insensitive to the teeth and do not bring unnecessary inconvenience. Pain is not felt, only at first a little not familiar, but this is a matter of time. After a few days, the difference is not particularly felt, they will be as an essential accessory of your teeth.
Capes have an aesthetic appearance, they fit your teeth tightlyso that they are almost invisible. If you take, for example, braces, then they disfigure a smile and a person feels constraint when communicating. In caps, no one will notice that your teeth are subject to treatment. You can always feel at ease and calm for their appearance.
When using braces, that is, certain difficulties in conversation, as the sounds hiss, and diction is disturbed, attention is immediately paid to this. In the caps of this process does not occur, it is not subject to deformation, but remains natural.
Such a system is removed if desired, for example, for regular cleaning. But you should not take it off without the need, because the quality of treatment depends on it. Another plus is the harmless effect on tooth enamel. Mouthguards do not adversely affect the gums, they are completely safe to use.
There is a tooth whitening procedure when a bleaching agent is poured into the system itself. You can get a double benefit: even and crystal white teeth. This kind of bleaching lasts a long time.
If you take into account the cons, it is:
- Corrections only minor anomalies of the teeth.
- High price.
Necessary care for long life
Capes are easy to use, but require proper care. Wash regularlyespecially after meals and before bedtime. This is a necessary measure, as in this system food residues or plaque can accumulate, which has a bad effect on the teeth themselves. A necessary measure of hygiene for the purity of the oral cavity. It is necessary to wash it in warm water, but in no case in hot water, since the material can simply change its shape and will be unusable.
It is necessary to clean the tray with an unused toothbrush with toothpaste, paying special attention to the inside. During meals, mouth guards are usually removed, especially if the food tends to stain the mouth. Usually the system is worn for two weeks and then it must be replaced with a new one.
The cost of this kind of treatment
The cost of treatment depends on the duration of wearing cap. Usually their wear from two months, with more complex problems 2-3 years. If the treatment process is long, respectively, and the cost increases. Every two weeks you need to change them to new ones. The price of one capa depends on the material and dental clinic, but on average it is 10-15 thousand Russian rubles. This type of treatment is expensive, but effective and does not bring unnecessary inconvenience. If, by nature, a person has bad teeth, then he has an overwhelming desire to fix everything, transparent caps will help him in this.
This procedure gives good results. The patient receives not only the smile of his dreams, but also a good mood. After all, when you watch changes in your appearance, you feel only joy. Now is the time of progress and there is no need to humble yourself with a bitter reality. Even the worst anomalies can turn into a perfect Hollywood smile. After all, the well-being of a person gives out his face, illuminated by a smile. Many can say with confidence about the positive results of treatment. About this show good reviews.
Reviews of people who use caps
Dentists advise to put individual caps. The choice is now big, it all depends on the price. I was recommended kapa invizilayn - good value for money. Very comfortable to use. I'm happy.
I am 24 years old, all my life I have crooked teeth. From childhood my parents took me to the dentist to level them. I constantly wore records. But they were so uncomfortable that I pretended I forgot to wear them.
When I matured, I regretted it. But I I recently learned about transparent aligners and decided to purchase. Now I go to the caps and delight those around me with my smile.
I can say, absolutely confident that the mouth guards help transform the teeth. At first I didn’t believe at all that these transparent plates were able to even my terrible teeth. I've been wearing them for a month now, and I see the result. But most importantly, no one even notices that I have them.
I decided to go to the doctor to put braces. But the dentist recommended me a mouth guard and assured me that for the price they cost the same, and there is no difference in terms. I read the reviews and made a decision. I first took a cast and two weeks later I put them on. Only ten months have passed, but my teeth are almost perfect. I am glad that I was convinced to put the caps instead of the pieces of iron.
Now we are in the process of aligning the child's teeth with braces. Я читала отзывы про заключительный этап лечения и заказала для дочки капы. Результаты уже заметны, но без кап не обойтись.
У меня проблема с третьими зубами, они выступают из зубного ряда, в народе называют их клыками. Это проблема у меня еще с детства. Although my parents turned to a dentist, at the time of treatment it was transcendental. Just recently, I learned about the caps and already think to do it myself. With so many positive reviews. It would be desirable, too, not to complete, but to smile at all 32.
What it is?
Aligners, or caps, is an orthodontic structure designed for leveling defects of the dental-maxillary system. Capes are made of transparent polymeric material. They are made on equipment with high-tech features. For their manufacture, special 3D-modeling programs were developed.
The design practically covers the entire jaw arch, exerting mechanical pressure on areas that need correction. Capes are referred to as removable orthodontic systems, which has several advantages. For the course of treatment, they make a whole series of linings, taking into account the individual characteristics of each patient.
Against the background of the fact that many patients are embarrassed to wear orthodontic constructions that are visible to other people, transparent beads were developed to align the teeth. Reviews about them show that many patients managed to eliminate defects using the technology in question. In detail about the advantages and the existence of possible disadvantages we will talk a little later. Now I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the design is considered an alternative to many existing orthodontic appliances. It is recommended for wearing for those patients who for various reasons are unable or unwilling to use plates, braces or trainers.
Special caps, made in the form of caps, exert mechanical pressure on the areas that need to be moved. When using a series of caps over time, the best results are achieved. Orthodontic construction is assigned to patients suffering from overcrowding, turning of teeth, improper bite, crevices, etc. To date, one of the most effective ways to correct defects of the jaw system is exactly the caps for leveling teeth. Reviews, photos and detailed description will allow us to get a clearer picture of them.
Kapa for alignment of teeth to children reviews have gained more positive. Comfortable and transparent designs can begin to be worn at an early age. Kapa made in such a way that they do not injure the mucous membrane of the mouth of the child. Comfort and aesthetics can be called a special difference in design. Due to these factors, children do not refuse to wear mouthguards, as often happens with records or trainers. Not every child is willing to endure discomfort in order to correct the bite or curvature of the teeth.
The most convenient models for children consider caps made of thermoplastic. They are also economical, if we compare them with models made on special equipment from polymeric materials. A feature of thermoplastic is the fact that the design softens in hot water. And the necessary form of cap acquires already in the child's mouth. Lowering the temperature causes the material to harden. Such caps for leveling teeth reviews people have received mixed. Some say that a more economical option does not affect the final result. Other people complain about the effectiveness of the design.
How are teeth aligned with dental caps?
Capes are called special lining on the basis of the polymer, which fit snugly to the teeth. Doctors often resort to them., to help their patients correct small dentofacial pathologies.
In order to eliminate the defects of the dentition found in the oral cavity with a cap, it is necessary to carry out a number of stages. These products are offered in the form of a special set containing from 10 to 40 pairs of caps, tailored to the patient's jaw. To achieve the desired effect, they should be used in the order prescribed by the doctor, changing every two weeks.
They use mouthguards to level the teeth in stages, because they must always fit well to the teeth and exert a slight but steady pressure. Using like The treatment approach allows the teeth to gradually shift in the right direction. After the position of the teeth has changed a little and the mouth guards fit the teeth perfectly, they are changed.
Doctors recommend that these removable devices be worn every day for at least 20 hours a day. They can only be removed for hygiene procedures. If the mouthguards were prescribed by the doctor after a course of bite correction with braces in order to consolidate the effect achieved, then in this case they should be worn only for the night.
Indications and Contraindications
During the patient's first visit, the orthodontist must understand whether he can use dental caps for treatment. Most people stick on this account the opinion that with the help of dental caps it is possible to eliminate the wrong bite without any problems. In fact, this is a misconception.
Such orthodontic appliances are not able to level the bite. With their help, you can only remove small defects in the location of the teeth. For example, they can help treat problems such as diastemas and tremés, crowding and turning of teeth. If the examination showed that the patient has not only external curvatures, but also more serious pathologies in the root system, then only braces can help him.
Kapa for alignment of teeth in addition to the main purpose can also be used if the patient does not tolerate metal nitinol, which is part of the arcs of the bracket systems. For the manufacture of the same cap use less allergenic materials that can cause unpleasant reactions only in a small number of patients - no more than 2-3%.
Kappa for eliminating defects dentition can be used by all patients without exception. The only condition that must be met is that the patient is older than 12 years of age, since only at this point does the person have the jaw and the jaw system fully formed.
Although many of us have heard of these products, not everyone knows what caps are and how their dental varieties look. Depending on the material from which the caps can be made, it is customary to secrete silicone and plastic. They may also vary in size. Based on this feature, they can be classified into adults and children.
Today, caps on the market offer many different companies. Just on the basis of the features of the products of each particular manufacturer, one can propose a classification of these products. Among the well-proven corrective systems are the following brand cap:
The products of this company are in great demand., which she managed to achieve through the use of a technological cap fastening system, which allows quickly and without any inconvenience to correct the problem with the teeth. The fixation system used in these devices is the company's own development and is not used anywhere else.
This system is universal, since it can be used to correct any flaws. Often it helps to solve the problems of those patients who could not fix them with braces.
Such products are made using special high-strength plastic. But at the same time at a cost they are the most affordable today.
Advantages and disadvantages
Dental caps They have a number of important advantages that every buyer should know about, who is going to use them to eliminate the defects of the dentition:
- Attractive appearance. Due to the transparency, the caps are completely invisible to others.
- Reliability. Such products are made individually for each patient, and this makes sure that they will closely adhere to the surface of the teeth.
- Security. To create a cap, a high-quality safe material is used, while these devices themselves have a very technological design, due to which the teeth, gums and mucous membranes do not injure.
- Comfort. It takes literally 2-3 days to adapt to caps, which is much less than using braces.
- Ease of hygiene. To maintain the kapp in good condition, you just need to rinse them regularly. It is not necessary to use special brushes, brushes or irrigators for care.
- The possibility of teeth whitening. This procedure, each person can perform independently at home. It is only necessary to apply a special whitening compound to the caps on the inside.
At the same time we must not forget thatthat such corrective systems have several disadvantages:
- only suitable for removing small curvatures. To correct more serious pathology of the teeth, you will have to use braces,
- high price.
Fabrication and installation
Depending on the method of manufacturing caps To align the teeth can be divided into two types: thermoplastic and individual. The first is distinguished by a special manufacturing technology. It is based on the use of heat treatment. The effect of high temperature on the material makes it plastic, after which it is placed in this state on the client's teeth. Having the necessary manipulations of choice the most suitable location, caps can be finally installed. In terms of cost, these products are more affordable than most analogues, but not all of them can use them.
To make such corrective devices, a specialist must first remove an exact impression from the patient's teeth. Subsequently, it will serve as the basis for creating a 3D model of the patient's jaw on a computer, as well as a future layout that allows you to see what kind of jaw should acquire after the end of treatment. Optional Orthodontist It is necessary to make a couple more layouts corresponding to different periods of treatment. Further, taking into account the available data, the process of manufacturing the cap begins, which is carried out in laboratory conditions.
In order for the caps to serve the owner for a long time, they need to provide appropriate care, with the observance of simple rules
- While wearing the cap, you must observe normal oral hygiene, not forgetting to clean them. To care for caps, you can use a regular toothbrush and toothpaste.
- At the time of the meal, corrective devices are removed and placed in a special box, in which the optimum temperature and ventilation must be maintained. Being in it, the caps will be reliably protected from mechanical damage.
- In order to minimize the risk of damage to the cap, the patient must regularly visit the doctor so that he has the opportunity to examine not only the teeth, but also corrective products.
How much are the teeth for alignment of teeth?
Today, clinics offer mouth guards at various prices. The pricing policy for these corrective products depends on several factors, the main ones being:
- type of products
- the complexity of the defect that needs to be addressed,
- correction period.
For a more accurate calculation of the cost, the orthodontist must first conduct a comprehensive examination of the patient in order to take into account all possible factors.
Usually the cost of the corrective product add the following expenses:
- casts of jaws
- computer 3D modeling of the jaw,
- purchase of several sets of caps for the period of treatment,
- several sets of spare caps,
- conducting a full consultation on the features of treatment,
- passing regular checkups at the doctor.
In addition to the above costs, you must not forget to include the cost of paying for additional sets of caps, if the latter are lost or fail.
How long do you need to wear mouthguards?
In determining the duration of the course has to take into account many factors, among which the most important are:
- the degree of complexity of dentition,
- exact observance of recommendations of the doctor,
- the degree of accuracy of the patient during the use of caps.
Considering that teethwhich are exposed to cap, move very slowly, you should not expect that in two or three months you will get a Hollywood smile.
I was personally convinced that the mouth guards, and the truth, can help to eliminate the defects associated with the location of the teeth. Although I started using them only a month ago, I was able to achieve quite good results. It took me very little time to get used to them. From the first day I could continue my usual life without feeling any discomfort. Although when I went to the doctor, I didn’t assume that these transparent and fragile-looking records could make my ugly teeth so beautiful.
Since childhood, I was unhappy with my crooked teeth, because of which I had a lot of complexes. To finally get rid of my problem, I decided to seek help from a specialist orthodontist. After listening to me, he advised to install transparent caps. I learned from him that the mouth guards are practically the same as the braces — neither the cost nor the duration of the treatment. Since I did not have any contraindications, I immediately agreed to the procedure.
First, I took a cast of the jaw, and after 14 days I received these removable devices. 11 months have passed since that moment, and now I can say with confidence and joy that my teeth look almost perfect. I am very grateful to the doctor for advising me the aligners. With braces, I could only dream of such a result.
There are many people among us who are unhappy with the shape and disposition of the teeth. However, medicine today has reached such a level that it can help even seemingly hopeless patients. Such a problem can be solved by such modern devices as capes. These are universal systems for elimination of dentition defects.that can be used by people at any age.
True, this does not mean that they can begin to use on their own. First of all, you need to talk on this topic with an experienced doctor, because not everyone knows how to properly use the mouth guards, so that they can quickly restore the dentition and bring the oral cavity in perfect condition.
Briefly about the orthodontic system
To align the position of the teeth are used here. fully transparent mouthguards or, as they are called, the aligners. The name "invisalign", that is, "invisible" already speaks about the most important characteristic of these devices.
The essence of the technique is that the whole series of kapp for one patient is made. Throughout the entire period of treatment, the patient must consistently change them after a certain time or according to a separate instruction of the doctor.
Each subsequent design affects the dentition a little differently, allowing you to level the wrong bite without using fixed braces or other apparatus that are visible in the oral cavity and cause a lot of inconvenience.
All stages sequentially, starting with the first, above all, modeled on a computer. Thanks to the created 3D models, the doctor and the patient can see from the very beginning how and in what order the movement of the teeth will occur.
This system was originally developed only for use by adults and teenagers. Orthodontic problems in children do not solve Invisalign kappa. This happens because they have not yet fully formed the dentition and bite, and the use of a solo effect may adversely affect the further development of the teeth.
Production of the entire series required for treatment in each individual case occurs immediately for the entire period. Wherein their production is possible only in the USAthat, on the one hand, somewhat increases the cost and production time, and on the other hand, it guarantees high quality and absolutely exact compliance with the original treatment plan.
Production is the only plant located in California.
Let's watch a short video about this orthodontic system.
Transparent Invisalign mouthguard systems can be used for a wide variety of orthodontic problems.
- Diastems and tremes - These are abnormally large gaps between teeth in a row. Without appropriate treatment, these problems can lead to irritation and trauma to the gums, the appearance of periodontal disease.
- Torsion - wrong, deformed arrangement of teeth relative to each other and the central axis. This may contribute to the increased formation of enamel plaque and, consequently, an increased risk of caries and inflammatory gum diseases.
- Cross bite - when the upper and lower rows intersect. May cause not only permanent injury to the mucous membrane, but also increased abrasion of enamel.
- Distal bite - abnormally strong advancement of the upper jaw. May cause multiple cracks on the enamel and other damage.
- Mesial bite - the lower teeth in relation to the upper ones are pushed forward. Среди последствий не только нарушение жевательной функции, но также искажение очертаний лица, заболевания пародонта и челюстного сустава.
- Открытый прикус – когда между некоторой частью верхних и нижних боковых или передних зубов не происходит контакта.
All these problems are amenable to correction and treatment with Invisalign kappas, provided that the dentist’s instructions are strictly followed in relation to the sequence, time and rules of wearing the series of aligners.
What are STB lingual braces, what are their pros and cons?
This article describes how to clean the tremes between the teeth.
Pros of the system
The Invisalign system has some features that actually are advantages and advantages in relation to other orthodontic structures and devices.
- Invisibility. These designs are invisible to others, even with fairly close contact. They do not change the appearance of the face, as they are made from special fully transparent biopolymers.
- Security. Materials for the manufacture of caps do not cause rejection, allergies, and also do not injure the enamel of the teeth, gums and mucous membranes in the mouth due to the softness, smooth forms of construction and full compliance with the individual impression.
- Convenience. Although the patient must wear Invisalign mouthguards for most of the day, they can be removed very easily at any time. For example, before eating and for brushing your teeth. They are just as easily worn without any help. This greatly simplifies wearing in general and carrying out high-quality hygienic procedures.
- Quick addictive. These designs do not cause the patient discomfort and pain, and getting used to them occurs in just a few hours of wearing. In ordinary life, they do not interfere at all and are not felt by patients.
- Reduced treatment time. Kappas completely cover all teeth, therefore they are able to better transmit and distribute corrective pressure. In some cases, this can even reduce the time required for alignment.
- Functionality. With this treatment can be carried out and simultaneous whitening of enamel. In addition, the patient can see a visual result of the future treatment even before the start of wearing the mouthguard.
Cons of the system
As with any dental technology, Invisalign mouthguards have some limitations to use. This can be attributed to the relative disadvantages.
- For adults only! These constructions are intended for the treatment of only those patients in whom the formation of dentition has been fully completed. If it is not finished yet, it becomes impossible to predict the results of treatment, since growth is usually heterogeneous.
- In cases that require surgery, it is not recommended, and sometimes it is forbidden to use caps.
- Too complicated cases of major bite changes may not respond to treatment with such devices, but may require the use of fixed structures that exert greater pressure.
Also relative shortcomings can be attributed, and a relatively long production time, but for the result of treatment it does not play the slightest role.
For treatment with the use of the Invisalign system in resolved cases, it is enough just the patient's wishes. However, not every clinic can offer this service to its patients. The fact is that An orthodontist to work with this system must have a certain degree of qualification and undergo appropriate specialized training..
Mouthguards to correct the position of teeth and bite have been used for quite some time, but only in the Invisalign system the latest technologies using 3D modeling were introduced. This made it possible to increase the list of indications for using such a technique and to achieve maximum accuracy.
Treatment necessarily takes place at certain stages:
- Consultation, visual inspection of the oral cavity and teeth.
- Conducting rehabilitation - cleaning enamel, the elimination of carious processes.
- Taking of casts. To do this, use the latest technology - polyvinylsiloxane materials that are able to most accurately convey even the smallest anatomical features of the teeth and their location.
- Additional diagnostic methods - x-ray, computed tomography of both jaws, as well as digital images of the face from different angles.
- The casts, as well as the results of diagnostic procedures, are sent to a laboratory in the USA.
- Already there, specialists conduct a scan of the obtained casts and, using this, as well as additional X-ray and tomography data, obtain a complete and accurate volumetric model of the patient's jaws.
- Development of a phased treatment plan using virtual models.
- Production of a series of kapp. They can be from 10 to 40, depending on the complexity of the clinical case. Production is carried out using a special volumetric printer and laser installation.
- Getting a set of mouthguards in the clinic and issuing a patient with recommendations.
Why do I need to wear fixed retainers after braces? Is it possible to do without them?
In this article you will find a general description of silicone mouthguards for leveling teeth.
Each unit is worn on average about 2 weeks.. This period may vary somewhat depending on how well the patient complies with the recommendations. During the day Kappa should be on the teeth for 20 (22) hours. Breaks are made only for meals and the necessary hygienic procedures.
Visit the clinic and the attending physician should be about once every 5-7 weeks. Sometimes the doctor, examining the teeth, may establish additional minimal elements that contribute to a stronger movement of the tooth. The duration of treatment may be from six months to two years..
The duration of treatment may be increased if the patient wears less mouthguards for each day, and also ignores periodic visits to the attending physician to check the degree of change in the position of the teeth.
The cost of the Invisalign kapps may constantly change as their prices are directly linked to the dollar. After all, the stages of manufacturing and drawing up a treatment plan are not carried out in the clinic where the patient turned, but in a laboratory in the USA.
It is also important to consider the region in which the clinic is located, its immediate location and pricing policy. Also affects the price and the number of splints made in each case. Do not forget that the patient also pays for taking impressions and carrying out additional diagnostic procedures.
The cost of treatment is from 150 to 190 thousand rubles for the Light system and from 200 to 290 thousand for the Ful set.
Both the patients and the doctors themselves speak very well of the result of the treatment with the help of the Invisalign transparent caps. However, both of them point out the need for a responsible attitude to treatment, as well as full strict adherence to literally all the recommendations of a specialist at each stage.
If you have experience using Kapp Invisalign - share it in the comments to this article.
Like this article? keep for updates
What are the aligners, their advantages and disadvantages
Orthodontists make individual Polycarbonate mouthguardswhich is perfectly compatible with the body, and does not interfere with the conduct of oral hygiene, unlike braces.
In order to order an aligner, it is necessary to come to the orthodontist and take an impression from the teeth, on the basis of which an individual tooth cap will be made. Each one is worn 20 hours a day for at least 2 weeks, after which it changes to another pair.
As a doctor, I will say that you need to deal with dental treatment and their correction. Now medicine offers many methods to make your teeth beautiful.
If you urgently need to transform the teeth, then this is the perfect solution. The most comfortable, thin, installation takes a few minutes. Your smile will be perfect!
Since the cast is done individually, a whole treatment system is being developed. Kapp presses on the teeth and aligns the bite or distributes the teeth in their places. The patient does not experience discomfort and removes mouthguards only for cleaning the mouth and eating. Aligners are made of transparent material, silicone or plastic, therefore they are absolutely not visible on the teeth.
Before starting treatment with any circuit design, the specialist first performs a diagnosis, makes a cast of plaster and makes a correction plan. Already at this stage, it is possible to suggest what kind of results can be achieved and how much it will cost to correct a particular defect.
According to the made molds of both jaws, the doctor makes a model taking into account the already corrected irregularities. The orthodontist makes several caps that are recommended to be worn at different periods of the course of treatment. The whole process is monitored from start to finish by the attending physician. Patient reviews about teeth leveling caps are confirmed by what doctors promise us. Depending on the complexity of the case, they will have to be worn from several months to two years.
Advantages of wearing cap
Reviews of caps for the alignment of teeth indicate that the advantages of the considered orthodontic structure abound.
- The main factor is the transparency of the material and the invisibility of the structure. Aesthetics today for many patients plays a big role in the choice of a particular system.
- Capes are considered easily removable designs. Unlike fixed systems, caps do not obstruct oral hygiene procedures.
- Safety of materials. Systems are considered hypoallergenic. They do not injure the enamel and mucous membranes of the oral cavity.
- Using the latest technology in the manufacture of models eliminates the receipt of marriage.
- Many patients combine orthodontic treatment with enamel brightening. To do this, just fill the mouthpiece with a special whitening gel or other means.
- Capa, made of thin and transparent material, does not cause speech distortion, diction disorders.
- The adaptation period takes a few days.
- Treatment is available to all age categories. The only exceptions are patients in a special group. For example, people with individual intolerance.
- To consolidate the results achieved by wearing other designs, presets for aligning the teeth are prescribed. Reviews after braces or plates are different. However, to secure the effect, the aligners become faithful helpers.
Are there any negative aspects or contraindications?
Like all things on earth, they have flaws and mouthguards for leveling teeth. Reviews of some patients indicate their disappointment. Why it happens? Some people show delight, and other patients are clearly discontent. The answer lies in the individual characteristics of each person. And there are not so many drawbacks to this construction. This is the relative high cost of the entire course of treatment. In many clinics, the cost of the issue is a bit more expensive for the patient than, for example, the bracket system. The second drawback of the cap is their small range of action. Simply put, aesthetic aligners will not be able to correct complex defects of the dentofacial system.
Contraindication to wearing the cap is the individual sensitivity to the components from which they are made. Also, you can not use removable design for people suffering from epilepsy, mental disorders and similar diseases.
Orthodontists at many clinics recommend and show mouthwash for people to align teeth. Reviews, photos before and after wearing a cap of former patients, a detailed description of the principle of the system allows a person to weigh the pros and cons. Of course, it will be correct to listen to the opinion of a specialist. Only he is able to predict the results of treatment. After all, sometimes the problem of most dissatisfied patients is precisely the fact that they insisted on using caps at a time when experts recommended braces or plates. As a result, the person received an inconspicuous result.
Teeth alignment cap: patient reviews
Most patients are satisfied with the result to which they came due to wearing a cap. Also, people note the comfort and aesthetics of a smile in the process of orthodontic treatment. Many say that they missed the right moment of treatment (childhood and adolescence), and as adults they were able to correct the bite or curvature of the teeth. As we have said, for many patients the cost of a series of caps becomes too heavy. The price can vary from 1000 to 3000 dollars. So on this occasion, most often and there are negative reviews.
So we got to the point of truth. In fact, the presence of positive and negative results and, accordingly, reviews due to the appropriateness of the use of cap. If a patient has complex disorders in the bite or in the arrangement of the teeth, then a significant positive effect cannot be expected. In such situations, doctors recommend the use of braces or plates. If you want to achieve maximum results, you need to strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor. Then you should understand that the achieved results must be consolidated. Otherwise, there is a risk that after removing the braces, the teeth may return to their original position. Here in these moments come to the aid caps. Only by working together you will be able to get rid of the defects and surprise the people around you with the beauty of your smile.
Rules care and storage
So, what should you be prepared for if you have chosen mouth guards to align your teeth? Reviews of specialists and patients agree that the constructions are completely unpretentious in their care. After removing them from the jaw, it is enough to rinse with warm running water. The model is cleaned periodically with a toothpaste and brush. Keep caps necessary in a special container, this will preserve their integrity and protects against contamination. Please note that in case of damage to the model you will have to go to see a doctor. Wearing damaged, cracked or cracked models is strictly prohibited - it can disrupt the entire treatment plan. Please note that you can not boil the structure. You can use pharmaceutical products for sanitization. Today, pharmacies offer a large selection of disinfectants.
Instead of conclusion
In conclusion, it remains to add that all the information that relates to human health or in some way can affect it, is given solely for informational purposes. This fully applies to such an adaptation as a mouthpiece for leveling teeth. Patient reviews only confirm that you cannot make your choice only on the basis of the information received. Only a specialist can correctly diagnose the existing problem of the dental system. After that, the doctor will offer you the best solution to the problem. And if you do not want to spend time, effort and money in vain, listen to the recommendations of a specialist. If kaps are assigned to you, then so be it.
Exactly as a ruler
Incorrect bite is not only a serious aesthetic problem, but also a factor that can affect premature tooth loss, appearance of speech defects, headaches and other troubles.
The most popular way to fix it is braces. But not everyone agrees to use them, because they look really not too beautiful. Fortunately, modern dentistry is rich in alternatives, one of which is mouthguards or aligners.
They are transparent (and therefore practically imperceptible) plates made of bioplastic or biosilicon. They need to wear at least 20 hours a day. But this time may vary, depending on the degree of the problem and the prescription of the doctor.
But how long do you need to wear such linings? Carrying time can vary from several months to several years, and depends, again, on the level of the problem identified.
The indications for the use of aligners are:
- wide gaps between teeth
- rotation of the teeth around its axis (this problem often occurs during the change of dairy to permanent),
- the need for temporary fixation (fixation of the result) after wearing braces (after braces systems, the teeth remain mobile and sometimes tend to return to the starting position. Since reuse of braces is no longer possible, doctors recommend periodic wearing of kapp),
- pre-implantation period, to create a place for the implant.
Lining - one of the most benign ways to solve aesthetic problems in the oral cavity. In addition, it is quite affordable, because the cost of such systems starts from just a few tens of dollars.
It all depends on the type of linings that you choose. The most expensive, but also the most effective, will be those that are made for your individual measurements.
Yes or no?
Before agreeing to purchase and install mouthguards to correct bite and eliminate other problems, it is worth weighing the pros and cons. We offer to do it right now.
Among the advantages are the following:
- High level of aesthetics. Aligners are almost invisible, very light and have no effect on the oral mucosa (hypoallergenic).
- Quick addictive. Just a few hours will be enough for this, and you will stop feeling them.
- Не приводят ни к каким дефектам речи, в отличие от брекетов, а значит, психологический барьер и стеснение будут отсутствовать.
- Несомненный плюс – возможность снятия конструкции в любое нужное время.
- Отсутствие травм щек, губ или языка, как это может быть в случае, когда во рту будет находиться металлическая система.
- Капы можно носить даже маленьким детям. To do this, there are colored plates that will appeal to every child.
- Possibility of simultaneous bleaching due to internal processing.
- You can forget about the list of prohibited products. Before eating, the aligners are removed, and therefore they do not require any special care and cleaning. Enough ordinary brush and soap solution. For the oral cavity also do not have to buy special cleaners, and therefore the savings are obvious.
- The end result can be seen before the start of treatment. This is possible thanks to virtual modeling.
But, in spite of the large list of advantages, these systems have their disadvantages. Fortunately, there are few of them:
- With the help of kapp it will not be possible to solve serious orthodontic problems. Especially if there are indications for surgery.
- Aligners will need to be changed every 1.5-2 months.
- There may be difficulties in the treatment process in children. Since this is an easily removable structure, it can be difficult to trace when and how long the child removes it.
Proper care will ensure a comfortable carrying and guarantee of the expected result. To do this, just need to periodically wash the lining with a soft brush and soap, and store in a well-ventilated container.
As for precautions, during treatment, orthodontists do not recommend smoking, because it can change the color of the caps, and also chew gum, which can damage them.
A beautiful smile is not a dream, but a reality. Be attentive to your health and in time seek help from specialists.
Advantages of aligners
- No pain when wearing. They are made of soft plastic, and almost not felt in the mouth,
- Deliver minimum discomfort, addiction comes quickly,
- Do not violate dictionDo not injure the mucous membrane and cheeks,
- Do not damage the tooth enameltherefore the risk of caries is minimized,
- Can be used in childhood
- You can remove and put on a mouthguard without a specialist., he makes only a cast for making. Whereas the bracket system is fixed and removed only by the doctor.
- The client is not constrained, open your mouth and smile, because drips are invisible on the teeth,
- The ability to remove the cap at any time if necessary, eat or carry out oral hygiene,
- Oral cavity is not injured. as with braces, due to the smoothness of the material. And do not use wax for braces or other means of protecting the mucous,
- There is no special care for the design, everything is very simple,
- The ability to conduct additional whitening enamel due to the application inside the special means.
When wearing caps have their drawbacks, so you need to consult with your doctor what to prefer, aligners or braces.
- They do not give the opportunity to correct a complex overbite or deformation of the dentition,
- Do not align the teeth, if they are rotated around its axis,
- It can not be used in the absence of a patient's teeth, or if necessary, their removal,
- Complicates visiting restaurants and cafes, kappa will have to be removed in a secluded place,
- Sometimes the mouth guards fall out,
- Production time reaches several months
- Very expensive.
Indications for wearing a line
These systems are assigned to those who would like to correct bite and at the same time facilitate oral care, as well as simplify food intake. The fact is that braces are very difficult to clean, and you can not eat all the products with them, fearing to break their fragile system. In this case, it is almost impossible. Kappas can be removed at any time, and they do not carry restrictions.
Wear them with indications such as:
- Distal and open, mesial and cross bite,
- Uneven dentition, for example, interdental spaces,
- Torsion of teeth.
Want white and healthy teeth?
Even with careful care of teeth, with time stains appear on them, they darken, turn yellow.
In addition, the enamel becomes thinner and teeth appear sensitive to cold, hot, sweet foods or drinks.
In such cases, our readers recommend using the latest tool - Denta Seal toothpaste with a filling effect..
It has the following properties:
- Aligns damage and fills microcracks on the enamel surface
- Effectively removes plaque and prevents the formation of caries
- Brings natural whiteness, smoothness and shine to teeth.
Installation and sock aligners
In order to adjust the dentition, the patient must wear mouthguards. during a yearby changing them once every two weeks or once a month. During this time there is a guarantee to completely correct the bite. Here you can see the photo, what should be the correct bite of teeth in humans.
Sock of this remedy occurs throughout 20 hours and removed for eating and oral hygiene. Kappa corrects the tooth due to micromovement, after which it gets into place. Aligners require habituation, but the patient is usually interested in correcting the bite as quickly as possible.
There may be a slight discomfort for a short time and a violation of diction. The same thing happens when installing braces. If he does not follow the recommendations of the orthodontist and neglects wearing a mouthguard, then the rehabilitation process may take more than a year.
How is the treatment with linearizers:
- Examination of the oral cavity by an orthodontist, the identification of structural anomalies and contraindications,
- Computed tomography, x-rays, removal of the cast from the jaw row,
- The calculation of the required direction of the pressure caps and the entire course of treatment,
- The order for the production of caps, which may require from 7 to 44 pieces, depending on the pathology,
- Transferring a set of caps to the client along with recommendations for use,
- Checking how the aligners sit on the jaw row, requiring correction,
- Replacement of the structure every 2 weeks, at this time, the reception is required by the orthodontist,
- Final inspection for the purpose of making a decision on the time of completion of therapy.
Stories of our readers!
"I use veneers for solemn and important events while I am engaged in the treatment and restoration of teeth. It saves a lot!
Before attaching the plate wetted with water and pressed to the teeth. The size is universal. They are very comfortable, do not interfere in the mouth and look great. "
Must be taken care of kappa.
For this it is recommended:
- Washing the plates with a special agent
- If a person smokes, you need to get a mouthguard for this time, as it can darken from tobacco.
Stages of teeth alignment with the help of aligners
Alignment of the teeth occurs in several stages.
After coming to the doctor:
- The patient takes a cast of teeth, on the jaw, which needs to be adjusted,
- Modeling with 3D computer graphics,
- Manufacturing from 15 to 30 caps, depending on the problem, for the correction of teeth,
- Wearing this design for a certain time by the patient.
The cost of the aligners is very high, it can reach 250 thousand rubles. It all depends on the number of kapps that will have to be made and the duration of the treatment as a whole. Since the design must be changed every two weeks, then the cost increases due to the need to wear a mouthguard.
The doctor recommended kappa to me, I have been wearing for the second week already. I noticed that I don’t pay attention to them at all. Decided on them due to the fact that I want to straighten the dentition, one tooth slightly steps on the other and is not very beautiful. The rest of the teeth are even, and only because of the overhang we had to wear the aligners.
With 12 years, the problem with the teeth, they are too many in the lower jaw. The doctor said that when crowded Before wearing a mouthguard, it is better to remove one tooth, so it will be more beautiful. I had to delete it, after which they made a cast and sent it to Moscow to make a mouth guard.
I've been wearing for months now her teeth are straightened, it becomes beautiful. Braces that offered to install, I had to wear a half year. I will wear the aligners only 9, 5 months. While I see the advantages, although it cost a little more.
Olga Petrovna, orthodontist
Many patients are afraid that kappa will fly off and in vain. They fit snugly to the teeth and straighten the row as well. Only they can be used not for all pathologies, but this is a completely different problem. Now patients can choose what to wear - braces or aligners, and more often choose the latter, as they are easy to use and maintain.
I advise everyone to decide to correct the bite, as this will help not only improve the appearance, but also solve a lot of other problemsfor example, related to digestion.