Before turning to the story of how to prepare langoustines, I would like to say a few words about these crustaceans. In our country, Norwegian lobsters are less popular than their close relatives - shrimps and lobsters. Nevertheless, in cooking they are considered a delicacy, and in this article we will talk about how to properly prepare the lobster.
Perhaps this is the easiest recipe for cooking Norwegian lobster, which means that anyone can handle it. So read about cooking langoustines in the oven:
- Take a few fresh lobsters and cut with a sharp knife along the ridge, without cutting them to the end.
- Dissolve the shell, salt and pepper the meat.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil, put langoustines on it, sprinkle them with sprigs of fresh rosemary and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Baked dish in the oven under the grill for about ten minutes.
Put the baked crustaceans on a dish, sprinkle them with lemon juice and olive oil. Serve the lobster to the table still hot, pre-decorated with lemon slices.
Frozen langoustines. How to cook?
Norwegian lobster can be cooked not only as a main dish, but also as a beer snack. No matter how exotic these crustaceans look, they can, in fact, easily replace the shrimps familiar to Russians. How to cook langoustines:
- Thaw crustaceans (the more, the better) at room temperature, and then rinse in cold water.
- With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors make incisions on the abdomen, not reaching the end.
- Brush the meat with pesto using a cooking brush.
- Sprinkle generously with fresh herbs and sprinkle with olive oil.
Bake the lobsters in a preheated oven until their meat turns white. It will take 10-15 minutes. After that, sprinkle the Norwegian lobster with lemon juice and serve immediately with chilled drinks to the table.
Fried langoustines with garlic and parsley
Prepare the original dish according to the recipe described below. We are sure that you will appreciate its taste and ease of preparation.
- Thaw 15 pieces of lobsters, clean them from the shell, remove the head and intestines.
- For the sauce, finely chop the parsley, garlic and hot pepper. Mix greens with lemon juice and salt.
- Prepared lobster dip in sauce and let marinate for half an hour.
- At this time, you can cook a salad, with which I will be served langoustines.
- How to cook? Fry the prepared meat is not long. It is enough to hold it in a heated pan for a few minutes on one side and a few minutes on the other.
How to cook boiled and frozen langoustines
Norwegian lobster meat is considered a delicacy not only for its taste, but also for a number of useful elements that are included in its composition. We want to share with you a recipe for Mediterranean salad, which, of course, includes langoustines:
- To start, cook mustard dressing. To do this, combine 50 grams of olive oil, 50 grams of balsamic sauce and 30 grams of mustard. Mix the ingredients well.
- A few peeled tomatoes, three multicolored peppers and celery cut into cubes.
- Vegetables combine in a suitable container, add the leaves of lettuce frieze and mix with the dressing.
- How to cook langoustines? To do this, free the thawed crustaceans from the shell and marinate for 15 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, orange juice, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Put the prepared lobster meat on the lettuce leaves and serve.
Salad with daikon and langoustines
Take another exotic salad and surprise your friends or relatives with the new taste:
- Cut 25 grams of radish and 25 grams of black radish into very thin circles.
- Green radish (35 grams) cut into large slices.
- 10 grams of pickled daikon chop thin rings.
- 30 grams of ordinary daikon cut into thick circles. Try to keep all types of vegetables different in size and texture.
- How to cook langoustines? To do this, we boil them in salt water with the addition of garlic and thyme. When lobsters are ready, separate and cut the meat, and leave the claws for decoration.
- Boil a portion of the chopped daikon in water, adding a couple of tablespoons of honey to the dipper. Boil the second part of daikon in water, in which a cup of beetroot is added.
- Boil the green radish in salted water with a spoon of turmeric.
- For the sauce, dissolve one packet of lecithin in water, add wasabi to taste and whisk everything with a mixer.
- Now you can start creating a salad. To do this, put the sauce on the dish, put a slide of vegetables and lobster meat on it. If desired, decorate the dish with claws and fresh greens.
Even an aspiring hostess can cope with the preparation of this light and fragrant soup:
- Half the fennel, one onion and one carrot peel and chop with a knife.
- Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saucepan and fry the vegetables until golden brown. At the very end, add two cloves of garlic to them for flavor.
- Two grouper fillets and ten langoustine meat cut into large pieces and put to the vegetables.
- Pour two liters of water into the pan, add turmeric and boil for ten minutes.
- Crush two tomatoes and put them in the soup, add thyme, bay leaf, parsley and 250 ml of dry white wine to taste.
- Reduce the heat and cook the soup for another half hour. After that, grind its contents with a blender, salt and pepper.
Serve the ready-made cream soup with cream and fresh herbs.
Surprise your family with a real Italian dish. How to cook langoustines? Read the recipe of their preparation:
- Thaw the lobsters, rinse them in water and fry in vegetable oil on both sides until cooked.
- When the meat is ready, remove it and place it on the plate. Chop garlic (four cloves) and fry in the remaining oil.
- Take 800 grams of fresh tomatoes and chop them with a blender. After that, put the tomato puree to garlic and continue to cook them together.
- Pour 100 grams of dry white wine into a saucepan, add salt and pepper.
- When the excess liquid has evaporated, pour 800 grams of cream in the tomatoes and simmer everything together until the sauce thickens.
- Put the lobster and chopped greens in a saucepan. When the sauce warms up, serve it with pasta.
The secrets of cooking spiny
Do you want to please the household with a delicious dish, but do not know how to prepare lobsters? First of all, you need to familiarize yourself with small secrets, knowing that you can conquer even the most notorious gourmet with your culinary talent.
- Spiny lobster can be cooked not only in salted water, but also in wine. Cooking in this alluring drink gives the dish a savory flavor.
- No need to worry if after boiling the meat of the lobster splits into pieces. When cooked, it will be thousands of times more tasty.
- If you plan to fry the lobster, you must initially boil them a little. Literally 3-4 minutes is enough to start frying.
Hostesses who do not know how to prepare lobsters must write these recipes in their cookbook!
To make this great salad you will need:
- 30 grams of celery
- 50 grams of salad frieze,
- 60 grams of tomatoes with peeled peel,
- 100 grams of bell pepper,
- 80-100 grams of lobster meat.
To marinate meat, use olive oil, juice from oranges, rosemary. To create a dressing you need 50 grams of olive oil, 30 grams of mustard.
First we make mustard dressing, mixing all the ingredients. Celery, tomatoes and pepper cut into small pieces. Add the leaves to the frieze and mix everything with the dressing. Pickle lobster meat for 3-4 minutes, and then lay nicely over the leaves. Enjoy your meal!
For cooking you will need:
- 5 lobsters,
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 grams of rosemary branches,
- olive oil.
You must take the lobster and cut them along the back. Dilute the shells and add salt and pepper to taste. Next you need to move the langoustins in the harvested pan, covered with foil, sprinkle with rosemary and olive oil. Leave to bake for ten minutes. The dish is ready!
In the preparation of lobsters is nothing complicated, but their taste can impress anyone!
How to choose?
An important condition for preparing a delicious dish is the presence of fresh and high-quality langoustines. Their delicious taste will be delicate, delicate and will pleasantly surprise loved ones and guests, but on one condition - the product must be fresh. Langoustines that have been improperly stored or transported, as well as marine life that have expired, are characterized by heterogeneous meat, stratified and crumbling during cooking. Ready meals from it munch and have an unpleasant smell.
If you live in regions where lobsters are mined, there will be no problems with buying fresh sea creatures. They are sold from large aquariums.
When choosing a live langoustine, remember that the crustacean should be quite active. If an individual hardly moves, then it is on the verge of death and it is not worth buying.
But most Russians have no opportunity to buy fresh, recently caught langoustines. Therefore, have to be content with frozen foods. They are of two types - frozen boiled and frozen raw.
Freezing is not considered the best option for preserving langoustines. Experts in the field of cooking claim that when frozen, meat loses the lion’s share of tenderness and refinement, and with it some nutrients and vitamins are lost.
But the residents of the central regions of Russia have no choice.
Choosing langoustins, pay attention to the following points.
- Shell In fresh langoustine, it is rich pink, without spots, moderately brilliant. Even if the product is frozen, the shell should not be covered with bloom or stains.
- Smell. Take langoustine in your hand and smell it. This crustacean, when fresh, has the subtle, salty smell of the sea inherent in seafood. He is pleasant. Stale lobster has a pronounced smell of "Tina". Between the fold of the tail and the lower border of the shell there is a zone in which the smell of fish and the sea should not be. But only in fresh langoustine. An expired or low-quality product will emit a not very pleasant “flavor” over the entire area.
- Eyes high-quality and fresh langoustines black and shiny. They are never covered with bloom and give a blue color.
- Pose. Langoustines, frozen in an unbent position, died before they were put on the counter. They can not be bought and eaten. In a fresh crustacean tail always twists inward.
- The size. In Russia, you can buy two types of product - large and medium langoustines. Large in length reach 25 centimeters. Medium - 12 centimeters. Take any. Do not assume that the size affects the taste of meat. Both large and medium-sized individuals have equally tender meat.
- Packaging. Packing of frozen langoustines should not be damaged, mint, deformed, opened. Expiration date should not be expired.
- Quality. Ask the seller to show a quality certificate for the product. If langoustins were caught in ecologically clean areas of the sea, not poisoned by oil products and radioactive substances, such a certificate must be. This is your safety. Do not neglect it.
Previously, you can ask the manufacturers who supply langoustins to the Russian market, read reviews about products. This will greatly facilitate the choice.
Before cooking langoustins, should be properly treated carcass. If live crustaceans are bought, they are washed and thrown into boiling salted water for literally 5-7 minutes. This time will be quite enough for the shell to be easily removed from the crustaceans. Only tails are eaten, just like shrimps, and therefore the extracted meat can be baked, stewed, fried, cooked on a grill, and you can do with it what your heart desires.
Frozen langoustine requires more careful preparation. To begin with, the product should be removed from the freezer and left in the refrigerator for several hours. Sharp extreme defrosting in the microwave or warm water, and at normal room temperature, can destroy the delicate texture of the meat. Therefore, it is customary to thaw langoustines smoothly, gradually. After 4-5 hours from the refrigerator, the crustaceans are transferred to the kitchen table, where they are defrosted at room temperature for another 2-3 hours.
Be sure to wash the product before cooking. This should be done under running water.
Further preparation will depend on how you plan to prepare a delicacy: if you cook, then boldly throw it into boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, if you fry or make it on the grill, throw it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. After that, langoustines need to be cleaned.
Proper cleaning involves the separation of the head (with one hand, be sure to hold the tail), opening and removing the shell, removing the legs and intestines. Peeling this crustacean is no more difficult than peeling prawns. Cut meat without a head and shell can be used for further culinary studies.
The pre-heat treatment stage can be avoided if you bought langoustines, which were already frozen when boiled. Such a product is defrosted according to the rules of gradual and gentle defrosting, described above, and then immediately cleaned and prepared according to the chosen recipe.
To remove the shell or not - a moot point. Some cooks recommend cooking langoustines in shell, believing that in this way they will retain more juice and flavor, others strongly advise to remove the shell. Both that and other method are quite admissible. But in any case, you need to remove the head, because it contains a large amount of cholesterol.
To give langoustines a special taste and aroma, it is advantageous to emphasize the tender texture of the meat with specially prepared marinade, which can also be used to process crustaceans before cooking, in which you can cook them.
How to marinate?
If before cooking it is decided to marinate langoustines, this process will have to be prepared especially. A sharp knife removes the head, claws. The shell is opened with a knife along the length of a small depth. Then, with your fingers, carefully remove the esophagus of the marine inhabitant with its contents. It is necessary to clear the crustacean: firstly, the esophagus with the wastes of the marine inhabitant doesn’t need you, it will add bitterness, and, secondly, the opened shell ensures that the product will marinate.
Marinade can be cooked any, to which more lies the soul. Most often for the preparation of langoustines use lemon or wine marinades, as well as garlic.
- Garlic marinade. Finely chop a few garlic cloves with a sharp knife (the amount depends on how much consumers like garlic and garlic flavor in the final dish). Put the garlic in a bowl, add a little olive oil, salt and pepper. In this mixture, it is necessary to sustain crustaceans for 30-40 minutes (can be an hour). Then you can get them and fry or cook on the grill.
- Lemon marinade. You will need a third of the average size of a lemon, a few peas allspice, bay leaf in the amount of one thing, salt and cloves. All of the above is put in a small saucepan with 2-3 glasses of water and put on the stove. As soon as the fragrant liquid boils, crustaceans are put into it and boiled for about a quarter of an hour. You can remove the marinade from the heat and cool, and then fold the cleaned or untreated sea creatures into it and leave to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Wine marinade. For this marinade you will need a glass of dry white wine, cloves, salt, allspice. Mix everything with the enamelware and place in the marinade of langoustines with open shells. For 1.5-2 hours spent in such a marinade, crustaceans will acquire a wonderful aroma.
Langoustines: cooking recipes on the grill
Today there are hundreds of recipes from the most delicious mollusks, including langoustines. Each dish has its own cooking traditions; everything depends not only on the country, but even on the fishing village where recipes are born. Before we tell you how to cook langoustines, we will tell you what kind of clam it is and what it is eaten with.
Langoustine is a Norwegian lobster, which in principle is no different from other mollusks, perhaps with its solid size. Like any other seafood, it is inherent in a repulsive fishy smell, which the chefs muffle with the help of marinades and sauces, something sour is surely included in their composition. It can be plain vinegar, lime or lemon juice, rice wine. Now let's go directly to the recipe for cooking mollusks on the grill.
- Здесь важно отметить, что мясо у лангустинов очень нежное и не терпит долгого теплового воздействия, поэтому стоит быть осторожным.
- So, in a bowl pour a spoonful of honey, a few spoons of soy seasoning, the same amount of olive oil, squeeze the juice from half a citrus and put a spoon of adzhika.
- Now add salt, pepper, dried basil and any chopped greens. The resulting marinade pour our mollusks and leave for an hour.
- Now we go to the brazier, put the langoustines on the grid and fry on all sides, pouring the remaining marinade. Readiness is determined by color, as soon as the mollusks have become bright orange in color, we remove them from the barbecue.
How to cook frozen langoustines?
Since most of us are not residents of the coast, seafood comes to us in frozen form. In the production of mollusks they are frozen alive or are first subjected to heat treatment, and only then they are frozen. It is better to give preference to the first option and cook them yourself. Langoustines can be boiled in plain salted water, and you can make them taste special with the help of marinade.
What is it, what is useful?
Langoustines are representatives of crustaceans and relatives of lobsters, having an external resemblance to lobsters and very similar to shrimp, only with claws, like in crayfish. The size can vary from 10-15 centimeters to 20-25. Langoustines dwell in the salty water of the oceans and seas and are considered an exquisite delicacy, therefore, they are greatly appreciated throughout the world. The taste is pleasant, slightly sweet, the meat is very tender.
The composition of langoustins includes many useful substances, such as protein, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, selenium, sodium, magnesium, iron, manganese, iodine, calcium, copper, vitamins PP, A and group B. Caloric content of 100 grams of such seafood is only about 90-110 kilocalories.
Consider the main useful properties:
- This is an excellent source of iodine, which is needed by the thyroid gland.
- The product helps to normalize metabolic processes.
- Regular use provides an improvement in the work of the nervous system.
- The protein that makes up is the basis of new cells and a guarantee of healthy and strong muscles.
- Langoustines are beneficial to vessels and the heart, as they help strengthen them.
- Calcium contained here will help maintain bone density.
- Phosphorus is necessary for the smooth functioning of the brain.
- With regular use improves the work of the endocrine system.
- The product provides immunity strengthening.
- Langoustines slow down the processes of aging and oxidation of tissues.
- Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties.
Important: langoustines are considered an allergenic product, so you should be careful. They also contain cholesterol, so you should not use them in large quantities in the elderly and people suffering from atherosclerosis.
How to choose?
Unfortunately, most of the regions of langoustines get frozen, because without water they quickly die and start to deteriorate. And after freezing, the structure of the meat is broken, it becomes less tender, so the best option is fresh seafood.
Pay attention to the size. Average individuals have a size of about 12-15 centimeters, large - about 20-25, and they, respectively, are more expensive. The unpleasant smell emanating from the section between the shell and the fold of the tail should be alerted. If from langoustine strongly smells like fish, it must be stale.
What to cook?
How to cook exquisite langoustines? Below are interesting dishes.
Langoustines can be fried in a pan, and they will be very tasty. Here is what you need:
- 500 g of langoustines,
- half a lemon,
- bunch of parsley,
- two garlic cloves,
- olive or butter.
- Take care of langoustines. Separate the shell from each marine inhabitant with the head so that only the tail remains. On the inside, slightly incise it to extract the inedible part of the digestive tract. Also clean all seafood.
- Prepare the marinade: chop the garlic after cleaning in any way, mix it with the juice squeezed from half a lemon, finely chopped greens and salt. In this mixture, put the tails of langoustines, mix, leave to marinate for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and over medium heat, literally for a couple of minutes, fry the langoustines until golden. You can submit them to rice or salad.
If you prefer tasty and delicious dishes, try making a risotto. To do this, prepare:
- 200 grams of rice (better arborio),
- 10-15 langoustines,
- leek head,
- celery stalk,
- a glass of white wine
- three art. l olive oil,
- bunch of dill,
- half tsp turmeric,
- 10 g butter,
- hl salt (preferably sea).
- In langoustines need to cut off the tails, clean them from the shells, removing only the meat (the intestines are removed using a longitudinal incision).
- All remaining parts (heads, claws, shells), rinse, put in a saucepan or thick-bottomed saucepan, add butter, mash everything with a spoon or spatula. Pour in half a glass of wine, add turmeric, and simmer broth for twenty minutes. When it cools, strain it.
- Onions cut into thin half-rings, celery or rubbed on a medium grater, or cut into thin straws. In the same saucepan, warm the olive oil, fry the celery with onions until soft, and then lay out and rice.
- When the rice soaks up the oil and swells a little, add the remaining half of a glass of wine, wait for it to evaporate. Then start to pour broth gradually.
- Boil rice for about twenty minutes, and a couple of minutes until cooked, add langoustine tails and finely chopped dill.
At a picnic or outdoor recreation you can cook langoustines on the grill. For this you need:
- 1 kg of langoustines,
- half a lemon,
- a bit of dill and parsley,
- ground pepper,
- three garlic cloves
- three art. l olive oil,
- First you need to prepare langoustins, separating the tails, as well as freeing them from the intestines. The shells are removed.
- Make a marinade for seafood. Squeeze the juice from the lemon, chop the greens after washing, peel the garlic and pass through the press or rub. Mix all these ingredients, add salt, oil and pepper.
- Fill the peeled langoustines with marinade and leave in it for an hour to soak them.
- String langoustines on thin wooden skewers, pre-moistened with water.
- Hot coals should remain in the grill, and seafood should be cooked for them in just two or three minutes to keep the meat tender.
A few tips on the proper preparation and use of langoustins:
- Do not cook langoustines for longer than 30 seconds, as during prolonged heat treatment the meat loses its tenderness and becomes dense, "rubber".
- It is best to start cooking immediately after buying seafood.
- The edible part is the tail, and it should be eaten. In the shell is the digestive tract, which remains consumed by marine life of food, so this part is not worth eating. It makes no sense to carve claws: they have very little pulp.
- Inedible claws and heads can be used to make bouillons, sauces and soups, so don’t rush to throw them away.
Adopt the above recipes and be sure to treat yourself, loved ones or guests with langoustine dishes!
For the execution of the recipe you will need the following components:
- langoustines - 4 pcs. fresh or frozen
- lemon - 1 pc. (can be replaced with lime - the taste of the dish will be more saturated),
- garlic - 3 cloves,
- refined oil - 50 g,
- spices - to taste.
The cooking process takes an average of 10 minutes.
Step by step it looks like this:
- If the langoustines are frozen, remove them in advance from the freezer and put them in the refrigerator so that they thaw a little. A big mistake of culinary specialists is to defrost seafood in a microwave or under hot water. In this case, the langoustine meat becomes dry and not very tasty.
- Carefully remove the clam paws. But the shell is not necessary to remove. Besides the fact that it contains useful chitin, it stores juice in meat.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron pan, cut the garlic into small strips and fry a little.
- Mollusk salt, add spices, herbs. Langoustines in a pan in a frying pan fried on each side for no more than 2 minutes. It is important that there is a delicious, crisp.
- After that add thin slices of lemon and 40 - 50 ml of warm water to the pan. This is necessary so that the meat of langoustine steamed well inside, became soft and juicy.
- As soon as the liquid boils, turn off the stove, but do not remove the shellfish from the pan. Let them stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
You can serve the delicacy with rice or any vegetable salad. Fried langoustines differ in their unusual taste, and their meat is juicy and tender.
Step-by-step recipe on the grill
If you often like to get out into nature and cook dishes on the grill, then this langoustine recipe will be a real find for you.
- langoustines - 0.5 kg,
- lemon juice - 30 g,
- chili pepper - 2 g,
- natural honey - 15 g,
- spices, herbs - to taste.
Such an appetizer turns out to be savory, a bit spicy, but this is its charm. If langoustines are eaten by children, you can not use chili.
- First of all, you need to decide whether you will clean the mollusks. Chefs of famous seafood restaurants are strongly advised to do this. Take a sharp knife, make an incision in the area of the tail, remove the mollusc guts, shell, legs, head. Rinse the meat well. Make sure that there are no intestines left in the product, otherwise the taste will be spoiled, bitterness will appear.
- Finely chop the chili pepper, add honey, lemon juice, spices to it. In this marinade you need to hold cooked mollusks for at least an hour.
- After this time, you can spread langoustines on the grill, but it is better to strung them on a skewer. In this case, you can not worry that the delicacy will fall into the fire.
- Fry shellfish should be a professional. Heat should be low, open fire is forbidden. If you are cooking for the first time, use the advice of professionals - put a piece of foil on the grill and oil it a little. Cook langoustins straight on the foil. In this case, the risks of spoiling or overcooking the dish are minimal. The total cooking time is up to 4 minutes.
How to understand that grilled langoustines are ready? Pay attention to the color of the meat. From gray it should turn a light orange. Do not overdry the dish, otherwise the clam will be dry.
You can serve langoustines on lettuce leaves, decorated with lime slices.
We will need the following components:
- langoustines - 0.5 kg,
- garlic - 3 cloves,
- olive oil - 30 g,
- soy sauce - 15 g (it will give the dish an unusual, savory taste),
- cilantro - 30 g,
- lemon juice - 15 g.
Do not use packaged product. Juice should be freshly squeezed.
Salt is added as desired. Remember that soy sauce itself is already salty. Therefore, this ingredient is introduced according to individual taste preferences.