Without peeling, it is impossible to imagine a comprehensive care for the skin of the face, because it is considered its foundation, it is peeling that gives the skin a healthy color and radiant appearance, improves elasticity and eliminates various cosmetic defects. Unfortunately, not everyone can do this peeling in the cabin. An excellent alternative to professional peeling will be chemical peeling at home. Of course, the procedure will be weaker, but with a systematic conduct of an excellent result is guaranteed.
Features of peeling at home.
Household chemical peels are carried out using masks and compositions specially designed for this purpose, containing solutions of fruit acids (lactic, citric, malic, etc.) and enzymes that dissolve the dead layers of skin cells. Despite such a different concentration of solutions for home peeling as compared with compositions for a professional procedure, before it can be carried out, it is necessary, if possible, to consult a cosmetologist for advice, carefully read the instructions for use. The key to the effectiveness of the procedure is the exact observance of all its stages.
In addition to cleansing, chemical peeling solves various skin problems: it smoothes wrinkles, makes it less noticeable or completely eliminates scars, scars, spots after acne, brightens pigment spots, normalizes the production of sebum, removes greasy plugs and tightens pores. The peeling procedure at home improves metabolic processes in the cells and their regeneration and renewal.
The procedure of chemical peeling increases the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet radiation, therefore, it is desirable to carry out it during a period of low solar activity (deep autumn, winter, cool spring). Of course, such peeling can be done in the summer, only a week before the planned date and ten days later you should not be in the open sun (beach, solarium). Sunscreens should always be used, but after chemical peeling, their use is mandatory for two weeks, and the SPF or sunscreen filter should be at least 40. Such products should be applied in a circular motion on dry skin with an even thin layer, including the contours of the lips and external corners of the eyes.
Indications for chemical peeling.
- Prevention of aging.
- Correction of age signs.
- Oily skin, enlarged pores.
- Dull skin with signs of wilting, flabbiness.
- The presence of age spots.
- Thickening of the superficial layers of the skin.
- Consequences of acne and acne (traces, blemishes).
Contraindications for carrying out chemical peeling at home.
- Skin diseases in the acute stage (acne, dermatitis, acne, etc.).
- Oversensitive to the components of the peeling solution.
- Herpes in the active stage.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin.
- Skin inflammation.
- The presence of tumors.
- Thin and sensitive skin.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- The presence of rosacea or spider veins on the face.
- Diseases of the mental nature.
- The period of childbearing and lactation.
Basic rules for conducting a chemical peeling procedure at home.
A test for the presence of an allergy to a used drug must be done in advance; if it is negative and if there are no other contraindications to the procedure, it can be carried out.
To prevent burns, the composition of chemical peels must be evenly distributed with a thin layer. The composition can be purchased, or you can use the recipes, which are discussed below.
Cleansing the skin before peeling is a must!
With a strong tingling, burning sensation with signs of reddening of the skin or other signs of discomfort, rinse the solution without delay with warm water, and then make a compress from this infusion and apply it in a cool form.
The frequency of procedures at home should not exceed once every ten days.
For a day or two after peeling, it is advisable not to touch your hands and apply make-up (only protective creams).
For the implementation of the procedure at home you need not so much: clean and a towel with good absorbency, cosmetic composition with acid, cleansing agent (milk, gel), means for restoring the skin pH balance, and a moisturizing agent.
When purchasing household chemical peeling formulations, it is important that they contain components such as azelaic acid, phytic acid or vitamin C. This will ensure an effective result.
The stages of chemical peeling at home.
Carefully read the instructions before using the compositions for chemical peeling.
First, clean the skin with the use of attached to a set of milk or gel, or the usual, which you use.
Next, distribute a small amount of peeling on dry skin, trying not to affect the sensitive area around the eyes. We keep the peeling composition on the face for no more than five minutes, here you should consider the skin type and the concentration of acid in the solution. During this time there should be a slight tingling, which does not cause any inconvenience.
After specified in the instructions, the exposure time of the composition, wash it off with warm water. At the end of the procedure, apply liquid to the skin to restore the skin’s natural balance (pH), it is also attached to the set. Next, moisturize the skin with a cream.
The results of the chemical peeling.
Chemical peeling gives the skin health, restores its lost elasticity and elasticity, gives it radiance and smoothness. Systematically carried out procedures for exfoliation of dead cell layers accelerate cell renewal, have a stimulating effect on the production of own elastin and collagen responsible for the youth of the skin. As a result of the course of procedures (depending on the problem), wrinkles and wrinkles are smoothed or become hardly noticeable, spots and traces of acne are smoothed or completely disappear, pores become clean, noticeably narrowed, the skin tightens, and elasticity increases. As a result, there is a pronounced effect of skin rejuvenation.
Recipes home peels.
Chemical peeling with calcium chloride.
This peeling can be done in two ways. In the first case, you will need a 5% solution of calcium chloride (buy at a pharmacy), for further convenience, it is advisable to pour it from a vial into a glass jar (bottle). We do everything on the above points. First, clean the skin, then dry it, then apply a solution of calcium chloride. Application should be carried out in layers, as the previous one dries, apply the next layer. As a result, you need to apply from four to eight layers. The first time should be limited to four layers. When the last layer dries, take baby soap and lather the tips of the fingers. With gentle movements to roll the composition from the skin, along with the solution will leave and the dead layers of cells. Next, wash off the remnants of the composition from the face with warm water, and then cool. Dry the skin again and apply a moisturizer. The next time you can slightly increase the concentration of the solution, in total up to 10%, not more.
The second method uses the same solution of calcium chloride, only the method of application will be different. It is necessary to moisten the cosmetic sponge in the solution and apply it to the cleansed face. Wait one or two minutes, lather the same sponge with baby soap and begin to gently circle the skin with light circular movements, following the lines of the least stretching of the skin. The result will be the same. After that, you need to wash and moisturize the skin with a cream. Despite the gentle procedure, it should be carried out once every ten days, not more often.
Classic chemical peels at home.
Put 30 ml of glycerin and camphor alcohol into a convenient mixing bowl, add 10 ml of ammonia solution (10%), 10 g of boric acid, 2 tablets of 1.5 g of hydroperit (or replace 30 ml of hydrogen peroxide (3%)) . Grind a small piece of good quality baby soap. Rub the soap a little at a time with regular stirring into the mixture to make a creamy white foam cream. It can be placed in a jar with a lid and stored in the refrigerator (no more than three months). So, use this cream, put it on your face and after drying it washes away with 10% solution of calcium chloride (10 ml ampoule). Next you should thoroughly wash, dry the skin and lubricate it with a moisturizing agent.
Homemade chemical peeling with bodyagi and hydrogen peroxide.
For the procedure you need to prepare. For oily skin, it is recommended to make a three-minute steam bath, in other cases you just need to soak a terry towel in hot water, apply to the face for a couple of minutes, then clean the skin and dry with a napkin. It is better to stab the hair and put it under the shower cap, eyebrows, the area around the eyes, lips for protective purposes should be smeared with vaseline. Be sure to wear rubber gloves (thin medical)! Now you can proceed directly to the procedure. From 40 g of dry bodyagi you need to prepare a powder, you will need two tablespoons of powder, which must be mixed with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. Mixing should be done intensively until the composition turns into a mass resembling a cream.
The composition is applied to the face with a circular motion. Having distributed it on the face, it is necessary to wait about fifteen or twenty minutes (this is what is required for drying the composition). Then rinse with warm water, dry the skin and apply boric vaseline (the first two days). After the third procedure after the final washing, it is recommended to carry out a short and light self-massage of the face using the following compositions: massage cream plus boric Vaseline (equal proportions) or heated olive oil plus boron Vaseline (also in equal ratio). After the massage, apply a soothing and soothing face mask. You can mix a teaspoon of honey and olive oil, add the yolk, or combine in equal proportions honey and milk, honey and chamomile tea (parsley, calendula), or mix honey and yolk, yolk and oil.
A similar procedure should be carried out daily until the skin peeling. The fatter the skin, the more procedures will be required. It happens that three procedures are enough. It is not necessary to warm the skin during the subsequent procedures, it is enough to wipe it with a 2% salicylic acid solution. During the period of home peeling, it is prohibited to use any cosmetics, that is, skin care and decorative cosmetics (creams, masks, washing). The only thing that needs to be done is to cover your face from the sun and more often to powder it with talcum powder. It is better, of course, to do such peeling in the autumn-winter period. In the period after peeling use of sunscreen is mandatory.
A course of home cleansing procedures can be done three times a year, then your skin will retain smoothness and radiance. The main thing is not to be lazy, because such a procedure as chemical peeling at home will support your beauty and preserve youth.
In what cases is chemical peeling indicated?
There are the following indications for chemical peeling:
- the first signs of age-related changes and aging: skin laxity, dryness and reduction of turgor, ptosis of the eyelids and other areas of the face, wrinkles,
- pigmentation disorders, age spots,
- increased sebum production,
- expansion of pores
- dullness, subtlety, lifeless skin,
- hyperkeratosis - thickening of the stratum corneum of the skin,
- acne or its consequences - postacne,
- presence of scars and scars on the face,
- stretch marks on different parts of the body.
Who should not carry out the procedure?
Chemical peeling has contraindications:
- sensitization of the skin,
- violation of the integrity of the skin, their damage: abrasions, scratches, burns, wounds,
- intolerance to the components of the used means
- facial neoplasms, especially malignant or unidentified nature,
- exacerbation of herpes infection,
- any dermatological diseases in the acute stage (dermatitis, eczema, acne, psoriasis),
- excessively thin skin,
- rosacea, vascular "stars" or "nets" on the face, weak capillaries,
- mental disorders, severe diseases of the nervous system (epilepsy, psychosis, schizophrenia),
- serious cardiovascular pathologies and diseases,
- periods of breastfeeding and pregnancy.
Preparing for a home chemical peel
To please the result and be close to what you want, you should properly prepare the skin for chemical peeling. Such training involves some limitations:
- You should not carry out the procedure in the period of increased activity of the sun, that is, in late spring, summer and early autumn. Peeling increases the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet radiation and makes the face more vulnerable and susceptible to the negative effects of direct rays.
- Avoid sunburn for one to two weeks and apply sunscreen on your face before leaving the house.
- Two weeks before the date of chemical peeling, give up other aggressive cosmetic procedures, do not use scrubs and other similar products with coarse abrasive particles or concentrated acids in the composition.
- Preliminarily perform an allergic test, applying a small amount of the selected agent to the wrist and waiting fifteen minutes. If the skin is almost unchanged, the procedure suits you. If you notice pronounced unpleasant symptoms, the procedure may cause side effects (it is worth refusing it or choosing another more benign or hypoallergenic remedy).
Carrying out the procedure
How to make a chemical peel at home? The procedure is carried out in several stages:
- First you need to clean the skin with a tonic or lotion.
- If the manufacturer of the professional tool offers a pre-peeling solution, apply it and allow to stand for the time specified in the instructions. If washing is required, swipe it.
- Go to the application of the main peeling agent. Spread it evenly in a thin layer. Leave the composition on the face for twenty to thirty minutes, depending on the manufacturer's instructions, the selected recipe or the concentration of the components (the more acids, the shorter the exposure should be).
- Carefully wash the entire face with warm water to remove the peeling.
- Apply a moisturizer with a soothing or anti-inflammatory effect.
- Do not increase the duration of the procedure, it is fraught with chemical burns.
- If immediately after applying you feel a strong burning sensation or other unbearable symptoms, immediately stop the procedure.
- Do not spend home peels more often than every ten to fourteen days.
Specialty remedies or homemade recipes?
How to choose a peeling for excellent results? There are specialized ready-made cosmetics designed for the procedure and suitable for home use. They may include enzymes (enzymes), salicylic, retinoic and other acids, calcium chloride and other components. The main advantages are a well-chosen composition, relative safety and clear instructions for use. But some peels are quite expensive.
- Buy a 5% calcium chloride solution in a pharmacy and apply it in four to five layers (each previous one should dry out). Leave the product on the skin for half an hour.
- In a pharmacy, purchase a two percent salicylic acid solution and apply it in the same way as in the previous paragraph - in layers. The exposure time is thirty minutes.
- Mix a tablespoon of ammonia, camphor, glycerin, boric acid and hydrogen peroxide. Spread this mixture evenly over the surface of the face, soak for half an hour.
Skin care after peeling
Skin care after peeling at home includes following simple rules:
- For ten days, avoid direct sunlight.
- Day after the procedure, do not use any cosmetics. Then you can apply a moisturizing or soothing cream. From decorative cosmetics is better to give up for a few days.
- Try not to scratch the skin, do not touch it unnecessarily. On the first day, it is better not to wet your face; for the next few days, do not use soap, lotions and tonics containing alcohol and acids for washing.
- Week do not go to saunas and baths.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
The advantages of chemical peeling:
- It solves a large number of problems: it makes wrinkles less noticeable, stretch marks and scars, normalizes the activity of the sebaceous glands, contributes to the narrowing of pores, improves turgor and relieves sagging, brightens pigment spots, normalizes the shade of the face and makes it more fresh and smooth, reduces the severity of cellulite.
- Воздействие в нескольких направлениях: регенерация и обновление клеток, удаление ороговевшего слоя эпидермиса, стимуляция выработки эластина и коллагена, улучшение кровообращения, насыщение кислородом.
- Химические пилинги подходят и для лица, и для тела.
- High efficiency and results visible after the first procedure.
- Not the highest security. Chemical peeling, carried out at home, falls into the category of median ones, and their implementation requires the professionalism of a cosmetologist and observance of important rules.
- There are risks of side effects, such as hyperemia, itching, swelling, burning, redness. Symptoms usually disappear within a day, but may persist longer.
- The presence of contraindications.
Chemical peeling is an effective procedure for improving skin condition. But in order to achieve results and avoid consequences, spend it carefully and correctly.
What is chemical peeling
Our skin is made up of many cells. The life of each of them is short-lived, only 28 days. If in youth the skin is able to get rid of dead cells independently and replace them with new and elastic ones, then with age this process slows down, and the non-working particles accumulate, forming stratifications. Such accumulations worsen the condition of the integument, clog the pores and prevent nutrients and oxygen from entering the epidermis. It is at this point that you should open up what peeling is.
Dead cells are skin weighting agents; they weaken the inner skeleton of integuments and prevent the normal functioning of other healthy cells. The main task of cosmetology and peeling is not only to eliminate these "weighting", but also minimally injure the integument.
Chemical peeling is the best way to quickly and efficiently clean the integument, but aggressive components (concentrated acids, alkali) are used for this.
The essence of the chemical face peeling is quite simple: an acidic composition is applied to the face, which burns out the top layer of cells. Damage to the skin causes active regeneration, renewal of fibers. New tissues are different from the previous elasticity, softness, respectively, and the face looks younger. In addition, the "new" skin easily absorbs useful components from the makeup of cosmetics, thereby increasing its effectiveness.
What types of exfoliation are
There are several classifications of chemical peels of the face. This is influenced by the degree and depth of exposure to the acid, as well as the composition of the used means (exfoliant).
By the depth of the impact, the peels of the skin of the face are superficial, middle and deep.
- Surface peels are the easiest and most gentle procedures, because chemical exposure is limited in the upper layers of the epidermis. They are easily tolerated and rarely cause complications.
- Median peels - a more serious intervention, the chemical ingredient touches the deeper layers of the skin. Such a procedure is a strong stress for integuments, but the final result significantly exceeds expectations. After the middle peeling, the skin needs good support, high-quality post-peeling care. The speed of fiber recovery and the ease of the rehabilitation period depend on this.
- Deep peeling - on the effectiveness of comparable even with surgical intervention. Acids infect all layers of the epidermis, up to the reticular dermis. The slightest disturbance in the performance of purification. Unprofessional performer and failure to comply with the requirements of care for damaged fibers dangerously serious complications and even residual scars, colorless spots on the face and other complications.
Chemical peeling of the face at home is recommended to do only superficial, in rare cases, a deeper effect is allowed. Deep peeling at home is impossible. For such a chemical purification requires sterile conditions and high professionalism.
According to the composition of the used means of exfoliation, the acids are divided into monoacid and multiacid.
- Multi-acid peels allow a complex effect on the skin, strengthen the cells of the epidermis, normalize their functioning and function of the sebaceous glands, moisturize and whiten. Each of the acids used makes its contribution to improving the quality of the skin, so after such procedures the face looks fresh and shines with health.
- Single-acid remedies are recommended for use with a pronounced problem in order to eliminate it. For example, to combat acne, dry or oily skin, against the first signs of aging or from skin pigmentation.
For home chemical peels, the safest, but at the same time highly effective, are such acids:
- trichloroacetic and others.
The choice of acid for exfoliation depends on your own preferences, on the condition of the skin and the extent of the problem. But in any case, before you make a peeling for the face at home using aggressive components, it is recommended to visit a cosmetologist.
Pros and cons of the procedure
Chemical peeling for the face has proven its effectiveness by the explicit recognition of women and men. This is the most popular procedure in beauty salons.
Today, cosmetic companies offer those who can not visit the beauty parlor, execute it at home. For this purpose, separate, safer acid compounds have been created. Using them on the recommendations of the manufacturer, you can achieve excellent results.
The main advantages of home peels acids:
- No need to wait for the record to the beautician, find time to visit the beauty salon, and even postpone their own plans. Home chemical peels can be done at a convenient time for you.
- Finance savings. For chemical peeling at home, you can use the finished cosmetic products and improvised means (fruit juices, aspirin, inexpensive pharmaceutical preparations). No need to overpay on the services of a professional.
The negative aspects of home cleansing are also available:
- High risk of self-harm due to lack of experience in cosmetology. An error in the choice of an acidic remedy, improper exfoliation and exceeding the time of exposure can adversely affect the skin and cause complications.
- Need systematic execution. One procedure of home peeling with acids will not provide such a result as in a beauty salon. This is due to the lower percentage of acidity of the composition. To achieve a significant effect, be patient.
Chemical peeling at home is not able to eliminate significant skin problems, but it will perfectly complement the face care, delay the appearance of wrinkles and looseness of the integuments, partially correct the existing deficiencies and prevent their deepening in the future.
Indications and Contraindications
It is recommended to carry out home facial peeling with acids at the first signs of skin aging. The indications for performing chemical exfoliation will be:
- dullness, dullness of the shade of the epidermis,
- flabbiness, decrease in a natural tone,
- loss of elasticity of soft tissues, their sagging on the cheeks,
- frequent single rashes, acne and comedones,
- clogged and enlarged pores, black dots on the face,
- first facial wrinkles
- oily shine of the skin.
Before you make a face exfoliation with chemical compounds, contact a specialist, whether it is possible to carry out it and how correctly, without complications. At the consultation, the beautician will examine your integuments for contraindications.
It is unacceptable to perform face peeling at home in such cases:
- have an allergy to the ingredients
- with ulcers, wounds on the face, as well as with exacerbation of acne,
- on her face poured herpes or there are cancer tumors, papillomas,
- there is inflammation in the treated area,
- with disorders of the nervous system and severe disorders of any of the systems of the body,
- during exacerbation of chronic diseases:
- the patient feels bad, feverish,
- during pregnancy and lactation,
- at an early age (under 18).
It is recommended to postpone the procedure during menstruation, while taking hormonal drugs. During this period, the effect may be unexpected or absent altogether.
Peculiarities of home chemical peeling
Chemical peeling at home should be carried out with the help of special cosmetic masks and compositions containing solutions of various fruit acids: citric, lactic, malic, and enzymesthat dissolve dead skin cells. Although home peeling solutions are rather weak and affect only the superficial skin cells, which is quite safe and painless, nevertheless, before deciding to perform chemical peeling at home, think carefully about everything, carefully study the instructions attached to your chosen drug and , if you have such an opportunity, consult in advance with a cosmetologist. Let's see right away what indications can be to conduct a chemical peeling at home:
- Acne and acne marks.
- Hormonal restructuring of the body,
- Teenage problems associated with oily skin.
Precautions and rules for peeling at home
- before the chemical peeling procedure make sure allergy test,
- direct sunlight and chemical peels are mutually exclusive concepts, it is desirable to carry out the procedure only in autumn and winter,
- you have chosen to apply the drug thin layerto avoid burns
- before the procedure, clean the skin with lotion
- be extreme neat with eye area - she is very sensitive and gentle,
- if during the procedure you feel a strong burning or tingling sensation, you should immediately wash off the composition with warm water,
- do chemical peelingno more than once every 10 days,
- if you have sensitive skin, then you need to abandon deep chemical peels,
- After the procedure, it is better not to use cosmetic products for a day and not to touch your face with your hands.
Contraindications for chemical peeling at home
- during an acute acne rash (with the exception of salicylic),
- in the presence of individual intolerance of the selected drug,
- in the period of herpes in the active phase,
- when tumors and inflammations exist on the skin,
- with increased skin sensitivity,
- in the presence of tumors and inflammation on the skin,
- If you suffer from cardiovascular and mental diseases, then chemical peeling is undesirable.
- Chemical peels are not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
Tools for chemical peeling at home
- Clean towel or soft absorbent cloth
- Cream or mask with acids,
- Special cleansing milk or gel,
- Liquid to normalize the pH balance of the skin.
- Moisturizing cream.
And now it's time to get acquainted directly with the process itself.
chemical peeling at home.
Instructions for performing chemical peels at home
- It is obligatory attached to any cosmetic means for peeling. instruction. Read it carefully and thoughtfully before you begin the procedure.
- Now clean the skin using gel or milk.
- The skin is cleared and we can apply few drops of peeling on already dry clean skin, excluding sensitive areas around the eyes. The time of exposure to peeling is usually no more than 5 minutes - it all depends on the percentage of acids in the preparation and your skin type. Do not worry if during the procedure you feel a slight tingling, but if it turns into a strong burning sensation with redness, then quickly wash off the applied composition with warm water and make a cool compress for the face from the infusion sequence.
- If everything went well, then after the time specified in the instruction drug thoroughly wash off the peeling from the face with warm water or use a dedicated liquid that normalizes the natural pH balance.
- Everything. Can now be applied to the skin moisturizing cream.
The results of the chemical peeling
- After the chemical peeling procedure, the skin of the face becomes healthy, radiant and elastic. Regular exfoliation cleans the skin from dead cells, enhances the production of elastin and collagen, accelerates the renewal of epidermal cells.
- Small marks and spots from acne become imperceptible. To obtain such an excellent result, the peeling preparation should contain bleaching agents: vitamin C, phytic acid or azelaic acid.
- The skin becomes more elastic and takes on a youthful appearance.. Restores the processes of cell respiration, which leads to a decrease in the number of wrinkles.
- Chemical peels are awesome way to deal with non-aesthetic stains and clogged pores.
- Chemical peel helps to maintain the results of more professional procedures. Of course, home peeling is much weaker than peelings performed by a cosmetologist, but it perfectly preserves the effect of professional peeling.
Effective recipes for chemical peeling at home
Chemical peels are fairly easy to do with 5% calcium chloride solutionwhich you can find in any pharmacy.
There are two ways to do this peeling.
- For the first time, use 5% calcium chloride solution and first be sure to check the reaction of your skin to this drug. To do this, apply the solution to the sensitive skin of the inner bend of the elbow and hold for 4-5 minutes. If you feel only a slight tingling - this is the norm, but if it burns strongly and redness forms on the skin, then this method of peeling does not suit you.
- If you are convinced that everything is in order, then with peace of mind go to the peeling. Transfer the calcium chloride solution from the ampoule into a small glass bottle - it will be more convenient for you to moisten the sponge. And now you apply a solution of calcium chloride to cleaned skin with cleansed milk or lotion. Allow the first layer to dry and apply the next. Thus, from 4 to 8 layers can be applied, but for the first time four will be enough.
- When the last layer dries, soap your fingertips with baby soap and gently roll the mask off your face. Together with the mask, the spent cornified skin layer will also move away. Wash the remnants of the mask and soap off the face with warm water, then rinse it with cool water. Gently blot the face with a tissue and apply a moisturizer.
- If the first procedure was normal, and the skin successfully dealt with acidic aggression, then in the next procedure you can increase the concentration of the solution to 10%. But more - in any case, it is dangerous. You should not experiment on yourself, beloved.
Soak a cotton sponge with a 5% or 10% solution of calcium chloride and apply it on your face. After that, wet from the solution, sponge soaps with baby soap and work the entire face with gentle and soft circular movements along the massage lines. You will notice how the pellets of the stratum corneum of skin will roll down. Wash off the soap residue with warm water and apply a moisturizer. Although it is rather soft peeling, but do it more often than once every ten daysespecially if you have thin and dry skin.
Classic chemical peels at home
- Prepare a mixture in a small vessel: 30 ml of camphor alcohol, 10 ml of a 10% solution of liquid ammonia, 30 ml of glycerin, 10 g of boric acid, 2 tablets of 1.5 g of hydroperit or 30 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Rub on a fine grater some good baby or toilet soap. Adding a little rubbed soap into your dishes and mixing, bring this mixture to a creamy state. You should have a light, slightly foamy cream, which you can keep in the refrigerator for three months. Separately prepare a 10% calcium chloride solution - one 10 ml ampoule.
- Put the resulting cream on the face and when it dries, wash it with a pre-prepared solution of calcium chloride.
- Immediately after that, thoroughly and thoroughly rinse the skin of the face with lukewarm water, blot gently and dry the skin with a soft cloth.
- When conducting this peeling do not touch the skin with small inflammations and small pustules.
Home peeling with bodyagi and hydrogen peroxide
Attention! Although the method of carrying out peeling from a bodyagi with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution is thoroughly verified and fully corresponds to the technique and method of its use at the Institute of Cosmetology, before you apply these masks without fail, consult a cosmetologist.
This peeling is undesirable to do with too sensitive or very thin and dry skin of the face, with various skin diseases and severe inflammation.
- Cleanse your face with milk or lotion. If you are the owner of oily skin, then within two or three minutes, a little steam over your face over the steam bath, and if not, then warm up your face with a terry towel moistened in hot enough water. Then gently blot and dry your face with a soft cloth. Put your hair under a headscarf and put on something comfortable and loose.
- To protect the eyebrows, eyelids, lips and sensitive areas around the eyes from discoloration and the intense effects of peeling, grease them with petroleum jelly. Wear thin rubber gloves on your hands.
- Powder 40 g of dry bodyagi.Pour 2 tablespoons of the obtained powder into a small container, and while constantly stirring, add 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to the powder little by little until your mixture starts to foam and becomes creamy.
- Immediately apply the mixture to your face with a cotton sponge and fingertips protected by rubber gloves, gently rub the mixture into the skin with soft and light circular motions along the massage lines.
- Keep the mask on your face until it dries (about 15-20 minutes), and then rinse with warm water. Pat your face dry and soft, then dry the skin with powdered talcum powder.
- The body peeling procedure should be carried out daily until the skin begins to peel a little. As a rule, this is enough for 2-3, sometimes - 4-5 masks - the fatter your skin, the more procedures will be required. On the second and subsequent days, the skin before the procedure no longer needs to be steamed or heated, but simply wipe with a 2% salicylic alcohol solution (otherwise salicylic acid) for cleaning.
- During those days during which the peeling procedure will take place, any washing and application of creams and masks are prohibited. Protect your face from direct sunlight by any means available and powder it more often. And in the post-peeling period, sunscreens that suit you will be very helpful. The conclusion is clear: this peeling is best done in the autumn-winter period.
- After the procedure is fully completed, to soften and soothe the skin of your face, lubricate it for 2 days with only (!) Boric Vaseline, and on the third day proceed to a short, gentle and very light facial massage, for which you use massage cream, mixing it in half with boric Vaseline or olive oil slightly warmed in a water bath, also mixed in half with boric Vaseline. After such a gentle massage, you should immediately apply a softening and soothing mask on your skin, selected for your skin type, for example: yolk-honey-oil, yolk-oil, yolk-honey, honey-milk, cucumber-lanolin, honey with the addition of birch juice, chamomile, parsley or calendula infusions.
As you probably had time to notice, the compositions of peels, which you can do at home by yourself, cost mere pennies in price, but the result is a smooth, radiant skin. Remember that the most important thing is carry out procedures according to the rules, observe all precautions and make sure you have there are no contraindications to the selected peeling.
Below is a useful video in which you can get acquainted with the peculiarities of peeling at home.
Video: home chemical peels
What is a chemical facial peeling procedure?
The essence of peeling is to exfoliate the dead surface layer of the epidermis, resulting in young healthy skin exposed. The peeling procedure can significantly improve the appearance of the skin of the face, increase its turgor. At its core, it is a metered chemical burn. Peeling should be carried out to eliminate the following problems:
- signs of aging skin
- enlarged pores in oily skin
- flabby dull fading skin
- age spots,
- residual effects after the removal of acne and acne - spots and scars,
- keratinization of the epidermis.
Competently performed peeling can solve many problems related to the condition of the skin of the face - smooth out wrinkles, make scars and small scars less noticeable, get rid of age spots, optimize the work of sebaceous glands, narrow pores. In addition, this procedure activates the metabolism at the cellular level, which leads to rapid regeneration and renewal of the epidermis.
The procedure can be done in various ways. Depending on the method used, the peeling may be chemical, mechanical, laser, ultrasonic, etc. The chemical method of the procedure can, perhaps, be considered one of the most common.
Since chemical peeling is performed using rather aggressive solutions, the procedure is best carried out in beauty salons, however, unfortunately, not everyone will have time and money for this. It is possible to try to do a superficial cleaning of the skin of the face and at home.
It is necessary to know that the skin after peeling becomes hypersensitive to sunlight, therefore it is better to plan the procedure in the autumn-winter period and in early spring. If you still decide to do peeling in the summer, avoid the sun's rays a week before the procedure and within ten days after it. This does not mean that all this time you need to sit in a dark cellar - just before going out into the open sun, use special sunscreens, the filtering power of which is not lower than 40 units.
What you need to know about peeling at home
You should know that at home it is possible to conduct only superficial peeling - i.e. such that the active substances penetrate no deeper than the epidermis. This type of peeling is able to give a good result, but subject to the regularity of procedures, once every 7–10 days for 1–1.5 months is enough.
Regular procedures can significantly improve the condition of the skin
As for medium and deep peeling, it can only be done in a specialized institution. With these types of cleaning preparations penetrate through the epidermis into the deeper layers of the skin. In addition, these procedures are quite painful - medium peeling is performed under local anesthesia, and deep - under general. Of course, the effect of deep cleaning is much more noticeable.
General rules for
- Before proceeding to peeling, it is necessary to conduct an allergic test. To do this, the drug should be applied to the skin of the inner surface of the forearm, and observe the reaction for several hours, or better - a day.
- In order to prevent possible burns, it is necessary to strictly observe the recommended concentration of the drug and apply it evenly.
- Before the procedure, it is necessary to clean the skin with a cosmetic milk.
- In no case should the mask be applied to the delicate skin around the eyes.
- If you use the purchase of funds, you must carefully read the instructions before use.
- When skin hyperemia and burning sensations appear, it is necessary to immediately wash off the preparation with warm water, make a herbal compress from a chamomile or a string and apply a soothing cream.
- Do not do the procedure more often than once every 7–10 days (depending on the individual reaction).
- For the first two days after the procedure it is prohibited to use decorative cosmetics. In addition, try to touch your face with your hands as little as possible.
What you need and what technology
For the procedure you will need:
- cotton or bamboo towel that absorbs moisture well,
- cosmetic milk,
- peeling solution with acid,
- a means of restoring the pH balance of the skin,
- moisturizing cream.
Peeling is carried out in three stages:
- Cleanse the skin of any milk or gel that you used to use.
- Apply the peeling solution evenly onto cleansed skin, bypassing the delicate skin around the eyes, and hold for up to 15 minutes. A slight tingling sensation is allowed.
- After the required time has elapsed, rinse the solution with warm water and apply alternately a means of restoring pH balance and moisturizing cream.
What drugs can be used
Home peeling preparations based on a-hydroxy acid or β-hydroxy acid are commonly used. The first type includes fruit acids - citric, malic, tartaric, lactic and glycolic acid. Procedures with the use of a-hydroxy acids are recommended for patients with normal and dry skin.
The most common representative of β-hydroxy acids is salicylic acid. These acids are able to penetrate deeper into the skin, which allows to reduce the concentration of the applied solutions while maintaining the desired efficiency, and this, in turn, protects the patient from possible burns. In addition, due to the anti-inflammatory effect, it is possible to use salicylic acid in women with sensitive skin. It has salicylic acid and the ability to dissolve in a fatty base, which makes it indispensable for working with oily porous and acne prone skin.
For peeling at home, you can use the already prepared special tools designed for these purposes. Most popular brands:
- Agera RX,
- Skin Obsession,
- LA Peel,
- Skinceuticals Gel Peels,
- Mene & Moy,
- MD Forte,
- Jan Marini,
Purification with a-hydroxy acids
Take two tablespoons of cane sugar, the same amount of lemon juice and mix well, adding a small amount of yogurt. Then on the skin should be evenly apply this mixture is not too thin layer and leave for 10-15 minutes, and after - wash off with warm water. If you feel a strong burning sensation, it is better to stop the procedure ahead of time. The products used in this recipe are natural sources of citric, lactic and glycolic acids.
Recipe using β-hydroxy acids (with video)
This recipe uses the well-known aspirin - acetylsalicylic acid. Before proceeding to peeling, prepare a neutralizing wash solution in advance - dilute a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. To prepare the mask, you should crush aspirin with lemon juice to the consistency of a liquid paste, which is then applied to the face for up to 10 minutes. After the procedure, wash the paste swab dipped in a neutralizing solution, which you have prepared in advance.
With a variation of the peeling can be found in the video below.
Glycolic acid cleaning
This recipe includes the following ingredients:
- a pineapple,
- food soluble gelatin.
If there is no allergy to honey, you can also add it.
To make a mask, peel the pineapple and papaya from the skin and cut it into small pieces. Then take half a cup of each fruit and grind to a state of mashed potatoes - it is best to do it in a blender. In the finished mashed potatoes, add two tablespoons of gelatin and a teaspoon of honey, if you decide to use it. To completely dissolve the gelatin, the mixture should be slightly warmed in the microwave. After cooling, the mask is ready. Keep on her face should be no more than 10-15 minutes, then rinse with water. To achieve the effect, it is necessary to carry out 6–8 procedures.
Professional glycolic peeling at home
If you already have experience of peeling at home, you can try to independently carry out a professional cleansing procedure. For this, stock up with Skin Obsession 30%, containing 30% glycolic acid. In the future, you can increase the concentration of the solution, but this should be done very carefully and gradually.
The first few procedures should be applied acid strictly for one minute. With the third-fourth procedure, you can increase the time to three minutes. If the skin responds normally, then you can bring the mask over time to five minutes. When a positive effect is achieved, it is possible to increase the concentration of acid to 40 or even 50 percent, but no more!
Always be careful with the concentration of glycolic acid!
Technique of professional peeling. Prepare in advance the neutralizing soda solution mentioned above. Wipe cleansed face with rubbing alcohol, and lubricate lips, eyebrows and nostrils with petroleum jelly to protect it from acid. Then with a brush evenly apply the solution on the face, starting from the forehead and avoiding eye-shadow areas. On the neck mask can not be applied. After the end of time, wipe your face several times with a cotton swab dipped in a neutralizing solution, and then wash with water. The skin can be easily blotted with a soft cotton towel, and when the face dries, rub it with a moisturizing nourishing cream.
What is the expected result:
- under the mask, the skin should tingle - this is a sign that the peeling process is in progress,
- after the procedure, the skin should turn red,
- If you feel discomfort (pain, burning), you should immediately stop the procedure and wipe the face with a neutralizing solution.
Contraindications to the procedure
Peeling is not recommended for everyone, because the procedure has serious contraindications:
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases,
- catarrhal and inflammatory diseases,
- propensity to form keloids,
- oncological diseases,
- Chemo and radiotherapy
- skin diseases - dermatitis, eczema, acne, psoriasis, herpes,
- infectious and fungal skin lesions,
- pregnancy, breastfeeding,
- recent facial skin cleansing,
- fresh tan
- mental disorders,
- period of treatment with immunosuppressants,
- violation of the integrity of the skin, abrasions, injuries,
- diabetes, poor wound healing,
- intolerance to the components of the peeling preparation,
- vascular reticulum on the face.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of home peeling, it is enough to read the reviews of those who have done the procedure.
For me, the peeling with salicylic acid worked perfectly. It was necessary, however, to do 3 times, until the scar on the cheek almost became invisible. Very happy. Before that I tried grinding, but it was only worse. So for me, chemical peeling was a real salvation.
I already have extensive experience in chemical peels. Did salicylic. For the first time, my skin reacted very violently - it just fell off in pieces and crusts. Passed three procedures. Now it's just a pretty girl. Skin, like, sorry, baby ass. It influenced me very well. I am 40, but no one gives more than 33.
The procedure of chemical peeling of the skin of the face, even at home, can give a very good result if it is systemic and is carried out taking into account all the necessary rules. Superficial peeling is most effective for women under 40 years. With this procedure, it is possible to improve the condition of the skin of the face, increase its elasticity and achieve a reduction in pores. As for older women, to achieve a noticeable result, they can recommend a deeper peeling in a beauty salon.
Chemical facial peels - simple and effective recipes for home use.
Chemical peeling at home for the face is not a myth, but a reality. In the salon, such a procedure is expensive, but at home, you can make such a peeling simply and much cheaper.
There is a huge number of methods and recipes, you just need to choose the one that will satisfy all the requirements and wishes.
Why do I need chemical peels at home?
Many people ask - why do we need chemical peeling at home?
First of all, it is needed to save money, since in the cabin such a procedure can cost you several thousand rubles.
If we talk about peeling in general, it is necessary for deep cleansing of the skin and pores. This cleansing procedure allows you to get rid of dead cells, increase the access of oxygen to the skin, get rid of mimic wrinkles and blackheads, as well as pigment spots.
Deep peeling causes the skin to regenerate faster, after it the use of cosmetics is more effective - they are quickly absorbed and have a beneficial effect on the skin.
3 types of chemical peels
Chemical peels at home can be of several types, depending on the means used:
- with fruit acids - ideal for inflamed and dry skin, relieves wrinkles and blackheads,
- with salicylic acid - contributes to a more rapid production of collagen, relieves acne, blackheads and unpleasant black points, suitable for any skin type,
- with calcium chloride - ideal for oily skin, relieves black spots, nourishes the skin, makes pigmentation spots and freckles less noticeable.
The procedure must be done correctly, it is necessary to observe the recipe and proportions, follow the recommendations. Deep peeling is an effective method, but only if you do it by the rules, otherwise you can harm your skin and provoke inflammation and irritation.
How to make a chemical peeling of the face at home knows not every woman, but quite in vain. After all, this is a simple and very necessary procedure that will allow you not only to preserve the beauty and freshness of the skin, but also help to save money on beauty salons.
Indications for peeling
When should you think about chemical peeling?
- with signs of aging,
- for preventive purposes,
- with increased oily skin, enlarged pores,
- if there is pigment spots,
- if the skin fades and fades,
- for getting rid of postacne.
Any procedure has contraindications and skin cleansing is not an exception. By the way, the reviews about the chemical peeling of the face at home are mostly positive. Если хотите добиться хороших результатов, следуйте рекомендациям.
It is not recommended to do peeling in the summer, since the subsequent exposure to ultraviolet rays will act detrimental.
This is especially true for girls who have freckles and age spots - after cleansing and exposure to sunlight on the skin, rashes will increase and become more visible.
Before carrying out the procedure, be sure to perform a dermatological test.
A dermatological test is necessary in order to establish whether you have an individual intolerance to the components.
The test is easy to do - for this, apply a small amount of the product on the elbow bend or the back of the wrist. During the day, watch the result. If the skin does not turn red, does not itch, no other discomfort is observed, then the procedure can be performed.
Also, serious dermatological diseases and some limitations can be considered as contraindications.
- active phase of acne with severe inflammation,
- the appearance of tumors
- scratches and open wounds.
- minority (it is not necessary to carry out the procedure for people under 18 years old, since it is possible to harm young and thin skin, the recommended age is from 25 years).
It is not recommended to carry out the procedure for pregnant and lactating women, people with cardiovascular pathologies.
Advantages and disadvantages of home peeling
Chemical peeling is a popular procedure that is regularly done in salons. You can also do it at home.
For the home procedure, it is worth using gentle mixtures, to follow all the rules of the procedure.
There are such obvious advantages of peeling at home:
- You do not need to wait for the recording, go somewhere. Home manipulation can be done at any time.
- Conducting peeling at home, you can save money, because the procedure in the salons is not cheap. Such cleansing will be almost free if you use the usual products (aspirin, fruit, etc.).
Despite the advantages, you can notice such disadvantages:
- Using special formulations for peeling, a person runs the risk of trouble because it is easy to make a mistake.
- It should be repeated, because such an effect as after peeling in the cabin, the house will not be able to achieve immediately. The fact is that for home mixes a low acid concentrate is used.
Cleansing by the method of Ladushka Kazarina
Chemical peeling at home from Ladushka Kazarina enjoys great success on the Internet. Kazarin is a famous blogger who specializes in beauty. All her beauty recipes are simple and affordable, so every woman can test their effectiveness.
For a homemade microderma, Ladushka advises to buy milk thistle flour (or seeds).
Thistle flour can be used as an independent scrub - to do this, add a little water to the powder and let it brew.
It should make a mushy mass. It must be used as a scrub. You can add to this scrub and other components, such as oatmeal, grape or corn flour.
See the video for details:
If you want to make a chemical peeling for the face at home, to buy at the pharmacy all the necessary components will not be difficult.
Preparations for home microdermabrasion will cost you a penny, but you will be able to evaluate the results immediately after cleansing.
Therefore, do not postpone, because the skin of the face needs constant care and is aging very quickly.
Salicylic acid can be of different concentrations, consider this before you peel. Concentration can be from 2 to 30%.
The higher the concentration percentage, the deeper the substance will penetrate the skin. That is, using salicylic acid, you can even perform very deep peels on your own and without any effort.
Medium-surface peeling with a concentration of acid from 20-30% is recommended to do no earlier than 40 years. This cleansing is suitable for fading skin with multiple facial wrinkles.
If you take an acid with a concentration of from 2 to 20%, you can make a superficial peel that is suitable for any skin type.
Superficial peeling rejuvenates the skin, evens out, improves the complexion, removes acne and black spots, makes freckles and age spots less visible.
In the pharmacy, you can buy a ready-made product; if it is not there, you can quickly prepare it at home.
- To do this, you need two tablets of acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) and a teaspoon of honey.
- Dissolve the tablets in water (you need a little, just a few drops, so that the tablets will turn into a cough-like state) and add honey, mix thoroughly.
- If you wish, you can add a little soda - this will improve the properties of the scrub and will help to more effectively clean the skin from the dead layers.
- You can also replace aspirin tablets with salicylic acid in the form of a powder that is dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription.
The drug is also quite affordable and anyone can buy it. Calcium chloride home-made chemical peeling is done simply; the tool is prepared on its own.
To do this, take a solution of calcium chloride and ordinary soap, the best baby. Consider that calcium chloride can also be of different concentrations - 5 or 10%.
If you need to make a soft and gentle peeling, then give preference to a 5% solution. For a deeper microdermabrasion, take a 10% solution.
Before the procedure, you must thoroughly cleanse the face, remove makeup residues. Now a thin layer is applied to the tool in several layers. After, in the same way, a layer of soap is applied.
Horny skin cells will now easily roll, while pores are deeply cleaned, even stubborn dirt is removed along with black dots. After peeling, wash your face with warm water and be sure to apply a nourishing cream on your skin.
It is also quite an effective procedure that is suitable even for inflamed skin. To prepare the scrub, you can use any fruit acids that you can find in the pharmacy.
Glycolic and almond acid are preferred, since they have the most beneficial effect and promote faster regeneration.
Chemical peeling for dry skin at home is easy to prepare yourself.
Great recipes exactly for dry skin - This is a glycol and fruit scrub. Glycolic scrub easy to prepare and improvised.
Take for this the usual sugar and unsweetened homemade yogurt (may be suitable and kefir fat). Mix the ingredients thoroughly and gently apply the mixture to your face, rinse with water.
A fruit scrub is also effective - mix apple gruel with mashed strawberries 1: 1, carefully rub into the skin, rinse with water. Such peels are suitable for sensitive and inflamed skin, but do not apply to deep cleansing.
If you need to deep cleanse the skin, consider the option of microdermabrasion with salicylic acid and calcium chloride - these are proven and reliable ways of cleansing.
Preparation of the epidermis for the chemical peeling
Without proper preparation of the epidermis to the effects of chemical components, it is possible to provoke the development of complications, side effects, discomfort and pain. In addition, the cleaning result will be smoothed or completely invisible. The list of measures depends on the depth of exposure, and from which ingredients chemical peeling will be carried out. The preparation procedure can take from several minutes to several weeks or even months.
Preparation for surface peeling
If a superficial cleansing is planned, during preparation it is necessary to identify possible contraindications, treat chronic diseases, carry out preventive antiviral therapy in the presence of the herpes virus in the body.
The direct preparation of the epidermis consists in moisturizing the skin before the upcoming drying procedure (if it is not milk or almond peeling), leveling the surface of the stratum corneum, and improving its permeability.
An equally important step is to conduct tests on the portability of components and the development of the gradual habituation of tissues to chemical reagents, which will be used for chemical peeling. This type of procedure can be performed even at home. To this end, a special pre-peeling composition or a weak solution of the preparation is regularly applied to the skin, which will be cleaned. You can use and fruit acids of low concentration.
Some chemical compounds poorly penetrate the lipid layer on the surface of the face, therefore, 3-5 days before the main session, the use of degreasing lotions is prescribed.
In addition to cosmetic procedures aimed at preparing the body, a certain mode is established. It is forbidden to visit the pool and solarium, in some cases limited to taking a number of medicines and physical activity.
Preparation for median peeling
A deeper effect on the epidermis may include training recommendations specific to superficial peels. In addition, such training has certain features:
- Two or three weeks before the exposure, surface peeling using glycolic acid can be prescribed. After that, right up to the day of the median cleansing, daily use of creams with fruit acids is prescribed.
- even before the procedure, the epidermis must be provided with full UV protection. The beautician selects the sunscreen by skin type, which the patient should use before the manipulation.
- At least one month before the planned intervention, the use of scrubs, scourers, dense sponge, hair removal, eyebrow correction is prohibited. This is done to prevent damage to the integrity of the skin.
- By decision of the cosmetologist, certain medical preparations may be prescribed, for example, strengthening the walls of blood vessels. Such a solution will ensure the speedy recovery of tissues.
Preparation for deep peeling
The main thing in preparing for deep peeling is to prevent the development of complications. For this purpose, a thorough examination of the body, especially of the kidneys, liver and heart, is carried out, antioxidants and preparations that improve the functioning of blood vessels are prescribed. Six months before the intervention, retinoids are discontinued.
Cosmetic preparation includes the use of bleaching compositions for the prevention of hyperpigmentation. Three months before the peeling, the tanning and sunbathing stops. Within 10 days before the manipulation, no procedures are performed that can cause injury to the epidermis.
Chemical peeling (procedure)
The peeling procedure itself takes from several minutes to several hours, and some manipulations end with the patient on their own, already at home. Most of the manipulations are carried out within 20-40 minutes, including aggressive training. The algorithm of the session is the same for all exposure options and has only small specific differences depending on the type of peeling.
Stages of chemical peeling
Stage 1 - Preparation. Consists of cleansing the skin from makeup and dirt. Milk or a special gel is used for this purpose. After the face is cleansed, the surface of the skin is degreased with tonic and disinfected to prevent the development of infection. At this stage, it is possible to treat the face with a pre-piling composition to increase the permeability of the epidermis and level its structure (then the effect of the components will be uniform).
Stage 2 - Chemical Peeling. The procedure involves applying the composition for peeling on the surface of the face. This may be a soft or aggressive technique, applying a mass in one or several layers. The exposure time of the drug is determined by a specialist, this factor can be affected by the appearance of burning, redness, swelling, frost, and pain. After a certain time, the composition is neutralized (if acids were used) with its subsequent removal.
Stage 3 - Care immediately after peeling. It includes the use of masks, creams, lotions and tonics that can moisturize the skin, reduce the severity of burning and pain, soothe irritated epidermis. The list of activities provided by the beautician in advance and is carried out according to indications.
Skin care immediately after chemical peeling
The duration and complexity of the rehabilitation period depends on what kind of chemical peeling was performed. The procedure of surface or medial cleansing, using enzymes or peptides, cleansing based on the placenta, bamboo or succinic acid, yellow peeling - does not cause a violation of the integrity of the skin and is characterized by a short recovery period. At the same time, the use of drugs that promote the activation of cellular processes, moisturizing and antioxidant compounds is recommended.
After the middle and deep peels, leading to the burning of several layers of the epidermis, long and careful care is required. It consists of adherence to a certain mode, the rejection of a number of activities and medicines, the use of regenerating, moisturizing and anti-inflammatory compounds. Any mechanical effect on sensitive skin should be stopped. In case of severe pain syndrome, painkillers and antibiotics can be prescribed.
The recovery period should be conducted taking into account the instructions of the specialist who conducted the procedure. This will allow you to recover faster, avoid complications and fix the result of a rejuvenating session.
Security Measures for Home Cleansing
How to make a peeling, so as not to harm yourself and further complicate the situation? It is difficult to predict all the subtleties and possible questions when performing purification, but the main rules should be discussed:
- Before you make a peeling at home for the first time or when using a new composition, be sure to test for individual sensitivity to the means used.
- The preferred time for peelings is late autumn and winter. The sun's rays at this time have less impact on the skin, especially with weakened protective properties.
- When choosing a method of exfoliation and composition, rely on your skin type, study the comments to the product, cautions for use.
- The peeling product is applied evenly, in a thin layer. The area near the eyes, lips do not touch, so as not to overdry the refined fibers.
- Carefully read the instructions to the drug before making them chemical peels.
- The action of acids can cause a slight tingling, tingling, but painful sensations, burning should not be. When they appear without slowing down, neutralize the action of the acid and wash it off to avoid burns.
- It is unsafe to carry out deep peeling of the face at home, even if they are less intense than in the cabin.
- Home skin cleansing, like salon peeling, is done in courses, but no more than 1 time in 10-14 days.
- Acids have an aggressive effect on the epidermis, after it the fibers are damaged and weakened, therefore it is strongly recommended not to touch your face with your hands in the first days. Sprays and thermal water can be used to wet the skin.
- Cosmetics for skin care after the procedure should not contain acids, fragrances, chemical components and abrasive particles. Only soft, natural products will be beneficial for the skin during the recovery period.
- Any mechanical effect on the integument after cleaning, peeling and scrubbing is unacceptable. So you do not accelerate the exfoliation of old fibers, and provoke the formation of scars and scars.
Be careful, poor-quality, expired products cause allergies and irritate the skin. It is better to buy ingredients for peeling or finished products in a pharmacy or from a representative of a manufacturing company. On the market and in questionable retail outlets, storage standards are often not respected, as a result of which funds quickly deteriorate.
Popular Acid Exposure Techniques
Practically all surface exfoliations conducted in the beauty salon can be performed at home without any problems. Cosmetic companies have taken care of customers, and offer separate product lines for home cleansing. Inside each preparation there is an instruction with a detailed description of how to do the peeling correctly.
Consider a few popular and decent home techniques.
One of the popular acid procedures in modern cosmetology is considered to be yellow peeling or peeling of Jessner. The composition for the exfoliation of the face includes several acids simultaneously (lactic, salicylic and resorcinol). Their complex action deeply cleanses the skin, normalizes metabolic processes, activates collagen synthesis and prevents the appearance of acne, blackheads on the face.
The full course of this type of exfoliation is conditionally divided into 3 stages:
- Deep cleansing and acceleration of intracellular processes.
- Омолаживающий эффект, коррекция рельефа поверхности лица.
- Борьба с обширными угревыми высыпаниями, глубокими морщинами и возрастными дефектами.
Каждый этап отличается количеством слоев нанесения средства для пилинга и соответственно глубиной воздействия на покровы. Однако алгоритм действий один:
- Очищаем лицо от жира и пыли.
- Наносим эксфолиант.
- Нейтрализуем кислоту.
- Remove residual acid product.
- Soothe your skin with a moisturizer.
For the first stage, one layer is enough, for the second one, two and for the third, three. Each subsequent layer is applied after 5 minutes from the previous one. For patients with sensitive covers, the third layer is applied after a short period of time to prevent the appearance of wounds on the face.
Skin care after peeling is an equally important stage of the procedure. In order not to leave unpleasant traces on the face from acid exposure, follow these rules:
- After exfoliation, wash with acidified water. Movement should be as gentle as possible, not traumatic.
- peeling and crusts formed after a chemical burn, do not peel off, wait for their natural rejection,
- do not visit the bath, solarium, sauna and swimming pool, postpone exercise and sports until the full restoration of skin,
- during the month exclude sunbathing, avoid the direct rays of the sun,
- use sunscreen makeup every day for 3-4 months to prevent the appearance of pigmentation on the face,
- do not use makeup in the first 7–10 days,
- cosmetic products containing alcohol, aggressive chemical additives, do not use fragrances until the skin is completely restored.
Lactic acid in a small amount is contained in the cells of the epidermis, so the skin cleansing method of the same name is easily perceived by the skin, as a rule, without complications and prolonged rehabilitation. Consider how to do chemical peeling with lactic acid at home:
- 2 weeks before the scheduled cleansing, set aside sunbaths, and in the daily care, add a cream with a small amount of lactic acid.
- Check how the skin reacts to the acidic composition: apply a little on the wrist and wait for the reaction. Severe burning, pain and irritation are unacceptable.
- Cleanse your face with a tonic or gel for washing.
- Apply a diluted milky solution (the concentration of lactic acid should not exceed 10%). Do this with cotton buds, parallel stripes from the forehead to the chin. It is important to distribute the composition evenly so as not to burn out individual areas.
- For the first procedure, limit to 1 minute of exposure to the integument, later increase this time to 3 minutes.
- To neutralize the action of the acid, treat the face with a weak alkaline solution (1 tsp. Of baking soda per 200 ml of water). Wash the rest of the drug with plenty of water.
- Moisturize face cream.
Perform the following cleansing procedure at least in 7–10 days. In general, the peeling course is up to 5 procedures.
The main rule of the rehabilitation period is not to use products with retinol in the composition, and fatty creams are also unacceptable in the first days. The rest of the recommendations are general: no heat exposure (baths, saunas, compresses, physical activity) and intensive moisturizing of damaged tissues.
This type of purification is safe and hypoallergenic. The procedure allows to improve the metabolism in the cells of the epidermis, smooth out wrinkles and folds on the face, even out the shade and eliminate the problem with acne. Visible changes will become noticeable after several procedures.
This type of exfoliation will be useful in 25 and 45 years. For cleansing using glycolic acid, a concentration of 10-15%.
Glycolic acid peeling is performed in this order:
- Face clean of dust and particles of makeup.
- For the degreasing of the integument, the face is additionally wiped with glycolic acid-based lotion (5%).
- The exfoliant (glycolic acid up to 15%) is applied to the skin in a uniform, thin layer. Wrinkles and problem areas can be reprocessed. Use a cotton swab for application. Start peeling from the forehead area, gently dropping to the chin. It is better not to touch the sensitive area around the eyes, eyelids and lips.
- After applying the product, wait a while for the ingredient to work. After apply gel neutralizer. Rinse off acid residues with warm water.
- Fasten the result with a natural nourishing mask and moisturizer.
Cosmetologists recommend conducting the procedure with courses (up to 10 sessions) with an interval of 1-1.5 weeks.
Attention! Do not increase the concentration of acid more than 15%, so as not to provoke a severe chemical burn. For more pronounced results, contact the experts, because how to make a deep peeling at home is very dangerous.
Aspirin for face cleaning
This type of cleansing is suitable for problematic and oily skin. After the first session, oily shine will disappear, pores will be cleaned, and acne will become less noticeable and inflamed. All this is due to the antibacterial and drying properties of aspirin.
To prepare the peeling solution will need:
- aspirin (1-2 tablets),
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cooled boiled water
- egg yolk.
For peeling, observe the following sequence of actions:
- Grind aspirin and dissolve it in water.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Distribute the prepared composition to the face area as an ordinary mask. To do this, use a brush.
- After application, leave the mixture on the face for 5 minutes.
- Removes the tool with a cotton pad dipped in warm water or a weak alkaline solution. Do it delicately, so as not to damage the skin.
- Secure the result with a light moisturizer.
Lemon juice instead of chemistry
To remove the integument from dirt, dead cells and whiten the skin, you can use a lemon. Lemon peels are performed in this order:
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and strain it.
- Dampen a cotton pad in the concentrate, and then wipe the previously cleansed face with it. Do not apply the composition around the eyes, lips and eyelids.
- After 10–15 minutes, wash with warm water.
- Moisturize face cream.
Attention! Do not use citric acid for cleansing, only lemon juice.
The procedure is simple, but effective. In addition, lemon juice whitens the skin, fills the cells with nutrients, vitamins, normalizes metabolic processes and skin regeneration.
For home peeling, you can use any fruits, berries. They will fill the cells of the epidermis with life-giving elements and will not harm. Owners of dry-type covers are recommended to use softer peels with kefir (it contains a large amount of lactic acid). Remember, the secret of long youthful skin lies in high-quality and timely care, which can be provided even at home! Peeling the face, body, hands at home is convenient, affordable and very useful!
Some more recipes for chemical peels
If you want to make a chemical peeling of the face at home, the recipes can be selected a variety.
The main thing, remember - when using new ingredients and drugs, be sure to check your skin for allergies. This will help to avoid many unpleasant consequences.
- Salt peeling is a great option for oily skin. For the preparation you will need a spoonful of table salt (you can use sea salt, but finely ground), a spoonful of cream. Mix components and massage the face with your face, rinse.
- An interesting recipe with bodyagi. Take the hydrogen peroxide and dilute the body until the consistency of sour cream, apply on face for 20 minutes.
- Classic peeling - ammonia, camphor, boric acid, glycerin are mixed in equal proportions. Hydroperit tablet is added to the mixture. Everything is thoroughly mixed and soap is added - until a paste is obtained. The mixture is applied to the face and kept until completely dry. Rinse with warm water or wipe with a calcium chloride cloth. This scrub gives stunning effects and deep cleansing.
I consider home peels useful for every person, but only in the case of using a superficial effect. I recommend using weak formulations in order not to harm yourself. Conducting a deeper peeling should be trusted to a professional. Otherwise, inexperience can greatly traumatize the skin. All peels (whether chemical, laser or mechanical) create a burn.
Any chemical peeling solution that you can purchase for home use will provide very easy exfoliation with minimal effectiveness. This is a useful cleaning. However, each chemical peel has a potential risk of complications, such as pigmentation or scarring, and these risks are much higher when the chemical peels are performed by someone without proper training and experience in skin care. I recommend that you seek advice from a certified doctor who specializes in treating your face in order to evaluate your particular problems and choose a treatment that will provide you with the desired results.