Kvass is very refreshing in the warm season, and just is a tasty drink. Previously, kvass was prepared at home, it is now in stores just an abundance of different types of this drink.
Purchased kvass can never be compared with homemade taste and quench thirst. We offer several cooking options. Let's start with the classic homemade white kvass made from rye and wheat flour. We will tell you how to get malt - sprouted grains at home - and make white kvass.
- two liters of water
- 100 grams of rye flour,
- 100 gr wheat flour,
- 100 grams of barley kernels or 80 grams of malt barley,
- 100 grams of rye grains or 80 grams of rye malt,
- 35 grams of pressed yeast or 10 grams of dry,
- 75 grams of sugar,
- 1 table of white raisins,
- 5 mint leaves as desired.
Step-by-step recipe for homemade white kvass
It is also worth mentioning the taste qualities of white kvass, on which they depend. It is important to remember that the ratio of flour and malt should be about the same - the taste will be more harmonious and pleasant. You can use one kind of flour to make a drink.
It is also important to use clean water, preferably spring or bottled. Sometimes used filtered.
Additional ingredients - mint and raisins - refresh the taste of homemade white kvass, but are not essential ingredients.
If you have failed to find and buy ready-made malt, we will tell you how to germinate the grain at home. If you have malt, you can skip this step.
So, heat the water to 35-40 C and pour the grains to five centimeters of their level. Spot five minutes and mix. If a different litter has surfaced, remove it, drain the water.
Rinse with cold water and sprinkle the kernels evenly in the pan. The layer should be about 2-3 centimeters. If you have different cereals, use separate containers.
Fill with warm water so that it covers the grains by one centimeter. Cover trays with a clean cotton cloth. This is done so that the litter does not fall and excess moisture is absorbed.
We put trays with future malt for 2-3 days in a well-ventilated, not raw, dark place in your house. The temperature can be from 12 to 20 C.
Twice a day, the grains are sprayed with warm water from a spray bottle.
During this time, the grains will germinate by about 10 mm.
Malt is dried with clean paper towels, then crushed in a blender until the texture of the cereal.
Now let's do kvass wort. Ground malt pour a small amount of water and stir - you get something like a batter.
Pour flour and punch whisk until smooth. If necessary, you can pour a little pure water, not from the tap, but bottled or spring water. The mass must be without a single lump, otherwise fermentation will occur worse.
It was the turn of the leaven. Put yeast, granulated sugar, five tablespoons of water into the container. Stir all until homogeneous with a spoon and leave for ten minutes.
Pour the leaven into the wort, cover with a clean cloth and leave at room temperature for two hours.
It is important that the mass takes up one-third or, in extreme cases, half the space in the tank. During fermentation, everything will increase in volume, consider this.
In two hours you can already feel the aroma of kvass. Poured what happened in the three-liter jar.
Now heat up to 30-35 ° C two liters of pure spring or bottled water and pour into the jar.
Optionally add raisins and mint leaves. Stir with a spoon or spatula.
Cover the jar with a marlechka, put it in a dark, not damp place. The temperature can be room temperature. Now you need to wait twelve hours - let him wander.
Homemade white kvass is ready, it remains only to strain it through cheesecloth or a sieve. Bottle, leaving about five centimeters from the neck. Close the air tight lids and refrigerate.
Before use, kvass should lie there for 1-2 hours to cool completely. Cold home-made kvass will ripen, will be filled with carbon dioxide, it will become cool. If the bottles start to swell too much, release a little gas - be sure to monitor the pressure in the tanks.
Serve chilled kvass.
Important to remember: Open kvass is stored in the refrigerator for no more than a day, closed - up to 5 days.
Option 2: A quick recipe for homemade white kvass
We will not germinate malt, take ready powder from crushed malt. We will make the leaven on our own, make it honey, so that the homemade white kvass will turn out with a pleasant honey aroma.
Ingredients for the leaven:
- 250 ml of warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tbsp rye flour.
For wort and kvass:
- 4 liters of water
- 200 grams of rye malt powder,
- 100 grams of barley malt powder,
- 800 grams of rye flour,
- 200 gr wheat flour,
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 10 grams of dry yeast.
How to quickly make homemade white kvass
Let's start with making sourdough. Heat the amount of water a little so that it is just warm, but not hot.
Dissolve in it honey, rye flour. Cover with gauze and leave for 12 hours in a warm place. Sometimes stir the leaven. As soon as you begin to feel the rich aroma of yeast - you can cook kvass.
If you do not have time, buy ready-made ferment on the basis of three liters of kvass.
We take a large bowl and pour two kinds of malt powder into it at once. Pour in a little water. Stir and pour the sifted flour, pour boiling water and knead the dough.
Pour the resulting dough into a vat or a clean bucket, or into any clean container. Cover with cotton cloth and remove for a night in a warm place. If you do kvass in the morning, leave for six hours.
Pour three liters of boiling water into the container and mix well so that there are no lumps.
Now the mass must necessarily cool, otherwise the yeast will die.
Fill yeast, sugar and stir again.
Leave for two days in a cool place. After it is possible to bottle, to close tight covers.
Recipe "Rye kvass (white)":
Rye flour diluted with boiling water, trying to avoid lumps.
Add sugar or honey (I added honey), if desired - mint leaves, currants and horseradish.
Next, add the washed raisins and sourdough to the cooled mixture (up to 35 ° C) (instead of the sourdough, you can use rye bread crusts). Cover the dishes and put them in a warm place for 1.5 days.
After a rich foam is formed on the surface, kvass is ready. We strain, pour into cans or bottles (from a given amount of ingredients we get 2 liters of kvass), close and put them in the fridge. The remaining sediment can be put on the preparation of a new portion of kvass or baking bread.
P.S. As a starter, slurry from previous kvass preparation or starter directly grown on rye flour and water for 5 days is used.
Enjoy your tea.
My older households said this, having drunk this drink: "Leave on January 1, in the morning it will help us",)
Subscribe to the Cook group in Contact and get ten new recipes every day!
Join our group in Odnoklassniki and get new recipes every day!
Share the recipe with friends:
Comments and reviews
January 11, 2017 fenidon007 #
June 25, 2016 barey76 #
May 15, 2016 katvar #
May 6, 2016 barey76 #
July 31, 2015 fenidon007 #
July 31, 2015 fenidon007 #
July 13, 2015 Natunja #
May 29, 2014 TatyankaC #
May 23, 2014 TatyankaC #
September 11, 2013 Zoya Ivanova #
August 14, 2013 Adamych #
August 7, 2013 Adamych #
August 6, 2012 Snex #
Such a question to the author, or to those who have already done kvass according to this recipe, and did it successfully =) - what could be the reason for the failure under such conditions of preparation: 1) made fermentation in 5 days from flour and water about 1: 1, each I fed the day with water and flour, zayuzal it at the moment when it increased, and began to bubble, 2) the temperature in the apartment was + 30 ° C, 3) the bottle was covered with foil, and fixed with rubber, 4) sweetened with sugar, normal. white presumably beetroot.
3 days have already passed. no hint of foam formation. and even more dense = (. thick almost completely subsided. Is there any hope that the brew will still work out!?)
Well, or what could be the problem?
Well, if possible, please post a photo when the brew is infused before bottling. what it should look like then. atoms this dirty gray mass confuses me))) [x] 17:38 08/06/12 Edited by the creator of the comment [/ x]
August 7, 2013 Adamych #
May 30, 2012 XiaoMiao #
May 30, 2012 Nadin-z # (author of the recipe)
December 30, 2010 ramil #
December 2, 2010 zateika #
December 2, 2010 Miss #
December 2, 2010 zateika #
December 2, 2010 zateika #
December 1, 2010 makosha deleted #
December 1, 2010 semsvet #
Leave a comment or a recipe review
Sign up, or log in if you have already registered.
You can log in to the site without registering and entering a password using your account on the following sites:
If you are not satisfied with something in a new design - write your comments so that we can fix it.
Login without registration
You can login to this site.
under your name.
Option 3: Homemade white bread kvass
Kvass is also made from bread or crackers, and we will try. There is nothing difficult, the main thing is to follow the instructions and follow the instructions in the recipe.
- 600 gr wheat bread,
- 9 liters of bottled spring water or filtered water
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 g yeast press,
- 1 hl of sugar,
- 1 hour l flour,
- 1 tablespoon rye malt powder or 2 tablespoons green.
Bread into slices or slice with a knife. Fill with boiling water and leave to cool the mass to 60 degrees. Then pour the malt powder, stir and leave for a couple of hours.
Pour the product into the cans, fill with the specified amount of water and leave for four hours.
Take a little wort, dissolve the yeast in it along with a teaspoon of sugar and flour. Stir the brew and leave to warm for two hours.
When everything has cooled to room temperature, you can mix the yeast starter with the boil. Dissolve sugar in warm water and pour it into a common container.
All stir and leave for one day.
Then you need to strain everything through cheesecloth sieve. Bottled. To make homemade white kvass from bread more tasty, put in each bottle a piece of apple and three white raisins.
Leave the bottle for two days to ferment kvass. Do not forget to tightly close the sealed covers. From the neck to the kvass we leave about five centimeters.
Before use, cool in the refrigerator.
White most delicious kvass from scratch + rye sourdough
To my surprise, as it turns out, white kvass is known only in the Voronezh and Lipetsk regions. Even in Moscow, which is only 500 km from Voronezh, okroshka is made on a dark carbonated kvass from a bottle. We, Voronezh residents, do not recognize this at all and sincerely wonder how such okroshka can be eaten.
I love this kvass with tender love, in the summer I can drink a jar in a day! So refreshing and toning. The product is natural and fermented, improves the intestinal microflora. In general, one benefit!
For a long time, white kvass was only available on the market from grandmothers or from their grandmothers. My cooked it in a large bucket, which stood in the cellar. It was considered somehow extraordinarily difficult to “brew” a drink, a special leaven was needed, which grannies passed to each other, that is, it was necessary to “get it”. Fortunately, the last 5 years they began to sell it in Voronezh stores - local bakeries saw where it was, its gold mine, and started producing white kvass on an industrial scale.
In Canada, I suffered from it for a long time and dreamed about okrosechka on a white quack, until I learned that it can be made on bread sourdough itself. Climbed to the Internet, and there - a complete mess! As soon as this poor kvass is not offered to cook. And on breadcrumbs with sourdough, and on some dry kvass, and on yeast, and on the thick, begged from those same grandmothers on the market, and in one recipe it was even suggested to ask for sourdough at the bakery. My mother and Mishina granny somehow cook on breadcrumbs, but it turns out not quite that.
Experimentally and by summing up the knowledge gained on the Internet, I finally got that same real grandma kvass! Yummy! And you do not need to go to the bakery and look for that is not clear. Need rye flour, water and a bit of sugar. Plus, rye sourdough. If you have it, then kvass will be ready for the next day. If not, you can bring out the leaven on your own for 4 days, not rocket science. The Internet is full of recipes, often tricky. In life, it seems to me, everything looks much simpler.
We take 50 grams of whole-grain rye flour (ideally, organic) and 50 grams of warm water. Mix in a jar. About 12 hours later, half throw out, add 50 g of flour and 50 g of water. That is, roughly speaking, in the morning and in the evening it is necessary to throw out half of the leaven and fill up the flour and water. Depending on the quality of the flour and the temperature in the house, the starter should bubble up and double or triple at some stage.
In my case this happens the next morning, if I put leaven in the evening, for the flour is good. But maybe this process and drag on, do not worry. That's when the leaven has risen - this is the peak of its activity, it is necessary to “feed”, that is, to throw out part of it, to fill it with new flour and water. After 4-5 days, the yeast will get stronger, then you can bake bread on it, and brew kvass.
Then during the feeding, we don’t throw out the part, but also feed and save it for divorce. Keep in the fridge. Everywhere they write that when kept in the fridge, it is necessary to feed (renew) the leaven once a week. I do it less often. From above, it oxidizes, darkens, but if the upper layer is removed, then below it is bubbly and friable, which should be. I pull it out, update it, share it. The part that I need for the recipe, I leave at night on the table, in the morning it is already increased by 2-3 times.
This is in brief. If nothing is clear, google, the Internet is full of leaven recipes, even with video!
Now you have the leaven. Go to the kvass.
So, The easiest recipe for white kvass:
- 3 liter can
- 100 g of rye flour
- 100 grams of rye sourdough
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara
- 3 liters of boiling water
- mint or horseradish optional
Option 4: Homemade white yeast-free kvass on rye flour
A very simple recipe without malt and yeast. If you cook kvass for the first time, you can start with this option.
- 8 tbsp rye flour,
- 2 stack of clean water
- 75 grams of sugar
- 30 pieces of unwashed white raisins.
How to cook
Cooking in large capacity. Pour sifted rye flour into it, pour in water and knead dough, resembling thick sour cream.
Add sugar and mix everything well.
Now pour raisins, while we do not wash it - the fermentation process will be more active. Stir all until smooth. Such a mass is called "congestion."
Leave it warm for a few days - 3-4. Be sure to cover with a clean kitchen towel.
The readiness of the leaven is determined by the characteristic sourish smell. When you feel it, remove all the raisins and throw them away.
Pour the wort into a clean three-liter jar, fill it with purified water, leaving space before the neck. That is, we do not pour to the brim.
Pour 2-3 tablespoons of rye flour, the same amount of granulated sugar and mix well. Close the jar and leave to ferment for 2-3 days.
Then pour the kvass into the bottle, leave it in the jar. Close the bottle with an airtight lid and place in the refrigerator.
Fill the grounds again with water, add the same flour and sugar, stir again and leave for a couple of days. So you can do brew a few more times.
Control the amount of starter, it will increase. We can transfer part to another jar and cook even more kvass.
Option 5: Homemade white Starassky kvass
This recipe came to us from ancient times. So they made kvass in Russia. Of course, this is not the only way of making Old Russian kvass, it is still adapted to modern times, but it is simple and easy.
- 300 grams of rye flour,
- 3 liters of boiling water
- 100 grams of sugar or honey
- 50 grams of raisins (optional)
- leaven - 2 tbsp.
Pour flour into a large enameled container, pour boiling water over it, gently stirring until all the lumps are dissolved.
Pour sugar or pour honey as you like. Sometimes in Russia put currant leaves. Stir and cool to the temperature of fresh milk (35 C).
Put raisins on request. Put a little sourdough and stir again. Cover with gauze and leave to warm for a day.
After a specified time, thick foam will appear. Strain the kvass and pour in containers. Hermetically close them and cool in the refrigerator.
After another day you can try delicious homemade white kvass.
The first mention of the miraculous and delicious drink dates from the ancient annals of 996. The Grand Duke of Kiev and Novgorod lands, Vladimir, in which Christianity entrenched as the state religion, ordered to distribute to people in honor of the national holiday "food, honey and kvass."
More than a millennium has passed, but good old kvass has not lost its popularity. It has a healing and invigorating effect and an enormous amount of useful properties, including:
- improvement of metabolism
- restoration of water-salt balance
- positive effect on the heart and blood vessels.
Kvass is a great helper to the digestive process, as it contains carbon dioxide. It is rich in vitamins of groups B and C. The yeast, which is a part, strengthens the hair and prevents the formation of acne.
Let us turn to the "main dish" of the article - the recipes for real bread kvass. Note to housewives and men who love to cook.
Classic kvass from black rye bread
- Water - 8 l,
- Rye Bread - 800 g
- Yeast - 50 g,
- Sugar - 1.5 cups.
- I cut bread into thin slices, spread on a baking sheet. Turn on the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. If necessary, reduce the temperature. I make sure that the slices are dried and not burnt.
- I put water on the stove, sprinkle sugar. After boiling water, add ready-made bread croutons. I remove the pan from the stove and leave it alone for a few hours. Kvass base should cool to a temperature warmer than room temperature.
- In the cooled mixture add yeast. Mix thoroughly until complete dissolution.
- Cover the wort with a towel and leave for a day. In a day I get kvass with a light sweet-sour taste. For a richer and more pronounced taste, I give the wort to stand still for a day. Strain through multi-layered gauze, pour in cans and set to cool. Done!
The recipe for kvass bread without yeast
A simple recipe for your favorite kvass without the wisdom of yeast and claims for originality.
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- Water - 3 l,
- Rye Bread - 400 g
- I take bread, crumble in a 3-liter jar to fill the bottom. Pre-dry.
- Pour water at room temperature, sprinkle sugar.
- I cover the glass lid, allowing the drink to breathe. Leave to wander. The warmer at home, the faster the brew will “reach”. 2-3 days is enough.
The resulting kvass can be used for hash, pickling meat. The thick is applied several times. Before the next cooking do not forget to add bread and some sugar.
A quick way to make kvass
Do you want to learn how to make a homemade drink with a pleasant sourness and a sweet-caramel taste in half an hour? Follow the recipe.
- Water - 2.5 l,
- Dry yeast - 2 teaspoons,
- Citric acid - 1 small spoon,
- Sugar - 200 g
- I take warm boiled water and pour it into a jar. I put citric acid and yeast. Slowly and thoroughly mix.
- Cooking burnt sugar. In a separate pan throw off sugar. Turn on the middle fire. I wait until the sugar becomes golden brown. It is very important not to overdo it on fire. Otherwise, the drink will turn out bitter. I add 150 g of cold water to the brown mass, mix it thoroughly.
- Combine the sugar and the mixture in a jar. Stir again.
- I close the top of the jar with a thick cloth (kitchen towel) and put it in a warm place for half an hour. Poured into containers and sent to the fridge to cool. That's all the wisdom!
How to make kvass from white bread and yeast
The main feature of the recipe is the use of a loaf of white bread. It will give kvass an unusual golden hue.
- Water - 3 l,
- Bread - 150-200 g,
- Dry yeast for baking - half a teaspoon,
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons,
- Raisin - 30 g
- I cut the bread. Dry the slices in a preheated oven and sprinkle in a 3-liter jar.
- Pour water and leave for 30 minutes, allowing the croutons to soften. After half an hour, add sugar, yeast and raisins. Thoroughly stir.
- Cover with a lid (loosely) and leave for 1-2 days. The amount of time depends directly on the saturation of the taste of kvass, its acidity. Next, filter and pour into bottles. I put in the refrigerator for storage.
Kvass bread for okroshka with mint
- Water - 2 l,
- Borodino bread - 350 g,
- Raisin - 50 g,
- Mint is a small bunch.
- I prepare the infusion on the basis of mint. Wrap the grass with boiling water and leave to insist.
- I cut the loaf into small cubes and throw them into the jar. Thoroughly my raisins, dry and throw to the bread. Pour herbal infusion and add boiling water to the jar. Close the lid.
- I leave for a day in a warm place. Then pour into a bottle, carefully separating the thick with gauze. I screw the lid on and put it in the fridge.
Helpful advice. The taste of kvass will become richer if you add fresh currant leaves to the mint.
Simple okroshevaya kvass
- Baker's yeast - 50 g,
- Water - 7 l,
- Rye bread - 2 kg,
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons of a hill.
- I grind bread, I dry it in the oven. Toss toasted pieces into a saucepan and pour boiling water over it. Leave for 4 hours, giving the bread to infuse.
- I drain the liquid, add the yeast, sprinkle sugar. Carefully interfere and put the drink in the heat. I give kvass to brew for 5-6 hours. Strain and cool.
Wonderful homemade kvass is ready for okroshka!
Sourdough kvass recipe on oatmeal
- Oatmeal - 1 kg,
- Sugar - 5 tablespoons,
- Water - 2 liters,
- Raisin - 20 g.
- Carefully wash the oats. Pour into a jar, add sugar with raisins.
- Pour boiled water.
- Cover with a cloth and put in a warm place. Waiting for 2 days.
- For the first time, the drink will get a sweet, but weak taste, so I drain it.
- I pour some sugar and pour fresh water. Leave another two days. After a certain time, I squeeze out a fragrant drink with a light acidity and pour it into a bottle.
- I close the lid and leave for 12 hours for carbonization (natural saturation with carbon dioxide).
How to cook Russian kvass in a barrel
Classic vintage recipe for making a delicious drink in a barrel.
- Crushed rye malt - 1 kg,
- Barley crushed malt - 600 g,
- Rye flour - 600 g,
- Rye bread (preferably stale or weather-beaten) - 80 g,
- Rye crackers - 130 g,
- Mint leaves - 30 g,
- Treacle - 1 kg.
- I make dough based on flour, malt and 3 liters of water. Thoroughly knead in a large container. Cover the top with a thick cloth. I brew for 1 hour.
- I put the dough in the cast-iron dishes (you can change the other, the main thing with fire-resistant properties), put it in a preheated oven. After evaporation, carefully mix the dough and leave for 1 day.
- I cut bread. I spread the dough in a large tank, pour 16 liters of boiling water. Add croutons and chopped bread. Carefully interfere and leave alone for 8 hours.
- After the start of the fermentation of the wort, I pour liquid into the keg. The barrel should be steamed and thoroughly washed. These are obligatory hygienic actions that have a beneficial effect on the future aroma and contribute to the disinfection of the reservoir.
- Remaining leaven re-pour boiling water. I am waiting for 3 hours. Pour kvass basis in a keg, add mint infusion and leave to ferment.
- Send a barrel in the cellar-glacier. After the fermentation process subsides, I put molasses (the calculation is as follows: 1 kg of sweetener for a 30-liter barrel). I seal the sleeve. Waiting for 4 days.
- The drink can be stored for several months without losing taste. The main thing - do not expose to heat, set in a cold place with a constant temperature.
How to cook a hearty kvass
- Dry yeast - 30 g,
- Black bread - 800 g,
- Boiled water - 4 l,
- Honey - 100 g,
- Horseradish - 100 g,
- Sugar - 80 g,
- Raisins - to taste.
- I cut bread and spread on a baking sheet. I put in the oven, heated to 180 degrees. Fry until golden, slightly brown.
- Pour crackers with boiling water. Insist 4 hours. I take the gauze, filter the wort. Add yeast, throw sugar and put in a warm place for fermentation.
- After 6-7 hours I pour almost ready drink into the bottles. Lay in each of 2-3 things raisins for flavor.
- I do not close until I notice the formation of bubbles near the bottleneck. Only then I seal the bottles and set them in the fridge for two hours.
- I rub horseradish on a grater. I add honey. Stir the mixture with a small amount of the finished drink. After gently pouring out the hearty infusion into the bottle, giving the kvass to “walk” within 4 hours.
Tips for a note
- Be careful when choosing dishes for cooking. Kvass does not tolerate containers and tanks that are prone to oxidation. The best solution is an enamel saucepan, stainless steel cookware or a good old pot.
- Do not allow peroxidation. Fermentation depends on the temperature in the room where the brew is prepared and infused. The higher it is, the faster you will get the desired result.
- Raisins are not just a flavoring additive, but a great helper in saturating a beverage with carbon dioxide.
- Do not overcook the bread in the oven. Better dry naturally. Otherwise, the taste will be bitter.
Kvass is a healthy drink that has a beneficial effect on the body. There are many options for making kvass from bread at home on different types of flour, with the addition of malt (wheat and rye) or without it. Each technology, each ingredient in the composition affects the final taste, starting from a light and pleasant berry, ending with a hearty and tart, penetrating nose.
Experiment, do not be afraid to try and make a new one. Then you will surely find your favorite recipe of the Old Slavonic drink, which will be appreciated by the household!
What is this drink?
White kvass, in fact, is similar to ordinary rye, which for many is more familiar. But if rye black bread or fermented malt is used to make the latter, white kvass is prepared on the basis of unfermented malt.
As a result, the finished drink has a more delicate taste and a lesser degree of oxidation, so even people suffering from diseases of the digestive system can use it. White kvass perfectly tones and quenches thirst, and is also used to prepare some cold dishes, such as botviny or okroshka.
To make white kvass with this recipe, you will need:
- 3 liters of boiled water
- half a cup of buckwheat flour,
- a glass of ground unfermented rye malt,
- 10 or 15 raisins,
- a tablespoon of wheat flour,
- half a teaspoon of yeast.
- First you need to prepare the leaven, because it is she who will start the fermentation process. To do this, just stir the wheat flour well with half a glass of warm water and add the yeast. Take the container with this liquid to a warm place and wait. The first bubbles that appear will signal the start of fermentation, that is, the readiness of the starter.
- Pour the malt and buckwheat flour with a liter of freshly boiled water, mix everything well and leave to cool. When the temperature drops to 37-38 degrees (it's easiest to check it with your finger), add leaven and raisins (you don’t need to wash it, it is also necessary for fermentation). Once again, stir everything and cover the container with a towel, removing it in a warm place for a day.
- After a day, add the rest a little heated water, mix everything and again remove the container for two days in a warm place.
- Try brew. If it is ready, pour it through gauze or cloth into bottles and put it in the refrigerator. The remaining sediment can be used to prepare new portions of the drink.
This is a recipe for more fresh and interesting kvass. To make it, prepare the following ingredients:
- 300 grams of rye flour,
- three liters of water
- about a hundred grams of light honey,
- 100 grams of yeast rye bread,
- 50 grams of raisins
- several bunches of mint.
- Cook the sourdough. To do this, fill the bread with warm water and put in a warm place. When the liquid starts to bubble, the leaven can be used. It is important to take exactly the yeast bread, since yeast is needed for fermentation.
- Boil water and dissolve rye flour in it. No lumps should remain, so you need to stir everything carefully. Also at this stage you should add mint leaves and honey.
- When the composition has cooled to about 35-38 degrees, you can add leaven and raisins. Capacity loosely cover (you can use cloth) and send in a warm place for 1.5 or 2 days.
- If kvass is ready, on the surface you will notice a rather abundant foam. If it is not, leave the drink to wander for another day.
- Strain the kvass, bottled or canned and sent to the fridge.
This tasty kvass is more piquant and has an unusual taste and bright aroma, as it is used for making wine sourdough.
Prepare the following ingredients:
- half a glass of rye flour,
- two tablespoons of buckwheat flour,
- three tablespoons of unfermented malt,
- 20 raisins,
- three liters of water.
- three tablespoons of sugar,
- 40-50 grams of raisins
- 100 ml of water.
- The first stage is the preparation of the leaven. Pour the raisins into a small plastic bottle and add sugar. Fill the ingredients with water at room temperature. Close the bottle neck with a piece of cotton wool, remove the container in a warm place for three or four days. If the leaven is ready, you will notice numerous bubbles.
- Then you can proceed to the preparation of the kvass itself. Mix the rye flour with buckwheat, and add the malt. Fill this mixture with water, boiling it beforehand (at this stage only a third of the total volume is required). Mix the mixture with a mixer or a whisk, as there should be no lumps.
- Now the liquid must be cooled to approximately 36 -38 degrees. To check the temperature, put a clean finger in the composition. If you do not feel anything, feel free to proceed to the next step.
- Add one or two tablespoons of sourdough as well as raisins.
- Cover the container with a towel so that it completely covers the neck, and put it in a warm place for a day.
- After a day, a barely noticeable foam will appear on the future kvass surface. Add another third of the water and send the container back to heat for a day.
- Top up the rest of the water and again remove the container to a warm place.
- After a day, rate the drink. If its surface is covered with foam, it is ready. If there is no foam, leave the brew for another day.
- Strain the finished drink, pour and store in the refrigerator.
1. The classic recipe for homemade white kvass
3.5 liters of cold boiled water
265 g of unfermented malt,
135 g buckwheat flour,
25 grams of wheat flour,
30 g yeast "Saf-moment".
Step-by-step recipe for homemade white kvass
First of all, they prepare the sourdough: dilute wheat flour in 120 ml of boiled cold water in a small cup, add yeast at the same time, stir thoroughly, cover with a clean cloth and set aside heat for 1.5 hours.
The remaining water is heated to a temperature of 60 degrees and poured it buckwheat flour and unfermented malt, stir well and allow to cool to a temperature of 40 degrees.
Into a mixture of buckwheat flour and malt pour in a real ferment, mix thoroughly, shift it into a large container and allow it to stand warm under a towel for 1 day.
The next day, another 2 liter jars of boiled cold water are poured into the mixture and allowed to stand for another 48 hours.
After this time has elapsed, the kvass is filtered, cooled in the refrigerator, and the residue remaining after fusion is left to prepare the next batch of kvass.
Be sure to use filtered water for white kvass, as the taste of the finished drink depends on it. And to add more freshness while mixing the starter with the malt mixture, add a handful of white raisins and a few mint leaves.
2. Quick recipe for homemade white kvass
The recipe of white kvass in a hurry does not require preliminary preparation of the leaven. Ingredients include rye crackers, high-speed yeast, sugar, raisins, and water. Here, simply crackers are poured with hot water, cooled a little, then they pour in yeast, add raisins and leave for one day. To taste goes sharp and rich.
rye crackers - 340 g,
45 g white raisins,
25 g yeast brand Saf Moment.
How to cook homemade white kvass
Rusks poured into a three-liter jar to half of its volume.
Fill with hot water, leaving a short distance from the shoulders to the neck of the banks, cover with a towel and allow to infuse for several hours.
When the water is cooled in the jars, pour in the sugar, yeast, add the raisins, previously moved from the garbage and washed, cover with a lid, slightly turn the jar to stir the yeast.
Open the lid and, covered with a clean cloth, leave to infuse for 1 day.
After a day, the liquid is filtered, poured into bottles, closed with caps and allowed to cool in the refrigerator for several hours.
If kvass is to be used for making okroshka, sugar should be excluded from the recipe.
3. Homemade white yeast without kvass
If for some reason yeast is contraindicated, use the following recipe of delicious white kvass. Instead of yeast, they use ordinary rye flour. Preparing a little longer than the previous ones, but the result exceeds all expectations.
220 g of rye flour,
400 ml of purified water
1 handful of white raisins.
Pour the flour into a small cup, add some water to it, stir to the consistency of semi sour cream.
Pour sugar into the flour mixture, mix it again.
Add the raisins, not washed, mix, cover the cup with a clean cloth and leave in the heat for 2-3 days.
After a few days, the raisins are removed from the resulting sourdough, and the mass itself is transferred to a large glass container, filled with filtered water to the neck, about 2 pinches of rye flour, sugar are added, stirred and removed again for 3 more days.
The finished kvass is filtered, poured into plastic bottles, cooled in the refrigerator. The thick, remaining after straining, is used for the next portion of kvass.
If too much thick water remains in the jar after draining the kvass, be sure to put the part in another container, as the taste and quality of the drink may deteriorate.
4. Homemade white kvass made from barley and rye grains
Not less popular option. Here, instead of unfermented malt, barley and rye grains are used, which, like ordinary malt, give the drink a sharpness and a pleasant taste.
2.5 liters of purified water
110 g of rye flour,
110 grams of wheat flour,
120 grams of barley kernels,
120 grams of rye,
8 g yeast "Saf-moment"
45 g white raisins,
6 fresh mint leaves.
How to cook
To begin with, malt is prepared: rye and barley grains are poured with hot water, set aside for 6 minutes.After this time, the mixture is stirred and the remnants of garbage are removed using a skimmer. Drain the dirty water, the grain is washed.
Grains are laid out in special trays, poured a small amount of water to full coverage, cover with a towel, leave in a cool room for several days.
After a few days, the grains are shifted to a clean, dry cloth, allowed to dry slightly and ground in a blender.
The crushed grains are diluted with a small amount of water, rye and wheat flour are added, stirred to a puree-like gruel.
Prepare the starter: pour yeast, sugar into the cup, pour in a little more than half a glass of water and let it stand in a warm place for 12 minutes.
The finished starter is introduced into the floor thick dough, stirred and left under the towel for a couple of hours.
After the specified time, the mixture is transferred to a jar, filled with water, heated to a temperature of 35 degrees, add raisins, mint leaves, mix well and allow to stand for another 10 hours.
Kvass is filtered, poured into bottles and kept in the fridge for a couple of hours.
After mixing the mixture of grains with rye and wheat flour, be sure to mix well, since the remaining lumps can interfere with fermentation and the brew will not turn out so tasty.
5. Homemade white kvass on wheat bran
White kvass on wheat bran turns out very tasty and useful. Cereals give the drink even more tenderness. And thanks to the addition of lemon juice, kvass acquires a delicious aroma and pronounced sourness. Prepares fast and easy.
wheat bran - 865 g
juice of one lemon
high-speed yeast - 30 g.
Bran pour boiling water and incubated for 60 minutes.
Broth after bran filter, allow to cool completely.
Yeast and sugar are poured into the cooled liquid, stirred well and kept warm for 12 hours.
Lemon juice is poured into the finished kvass, stirred, poured into bottles and cooled in the refrigerator.
You can diversify the taste of the drink if during the infusion of kvass add orange peel to it, which will additionally give a beautiful color.
6. Homemade white kvass on whey
Serum is a valuable, nutritious and at the same time dietary product. Therefore, based on it you can make a delicious refreshing drink. In addition, it turns out very easy, suitable for use even during fasting days.
serum - 2 liters,
high-speed yeast - 20 g,
orange peel - 50 g,
white raisins - 30 g.
How to cook
Yeast, sugar are mixed in a small container, they are filled with whey and, covered with a clean cloth, kept warm for up to 12 hours.
Pieces of orange peel are thrown into plastic bottles at the bottom, a few raisins are poured with infused kvass, well covered with lids and kept warm for 48 hours.
After infusion, kvass is cooled in the refrigerator for another 1 hour and used in okroshka or simply consumed as a refreshing drink.
A slight turbidity of the finished drink is an indicator of naturalness and proper preparation.
Cooking time: 72 hours
Kvass is a traditional drink of Slavic cuisine, the recipe of which is considered to be one of the most ancient. Kvass was considered a festive drink, it was prepared for a wedding and other solemn occasions. On the basis of this intoxicating drink they prepared various treats - the most popular, survived to our days, is okroshka. Kvass perfectly refreshes in hot weather - you can not just drink it, but also prepare various options for cold soups, so the recipe for homemade white kvass will certainly be useful for you, especially in summer.
White kvass at home is very easy to prepare, but if you are preparing a drink for okroshka and other cold soups, do not add sugar.
How to cook white kvass
White kvass can be prepared on a piece of rye bread, and already prepared sourdough. Since the crust of rye bread can not always be found in the bread box, and in summer you will cook this drink often enough, you will be able to use the sourdough left over from the previous preparation. At 3 liters of water will need to take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of leaven.
Take a large pot - preferably a volume of five liters. At the bottom of the pan pour the flour and gradually pour in cold water. Over low heat gradually bring the mixture to a boil and turn off immediately. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture turns into a batter that resembles sour cream. You can beat the dough with a mixer or a whisk to avoid lumps. Flour is easily dissolved in water, if it is mixed with sugar. You can fill the flour immediately with boiling water, but then you can add sugar at the very end, when you dissolve kvass with cold water. Otherwise, the drink will not roam.
Add the remaining cold boiled water and put a piece of bread on top. It is best to prepare a little crust, dry the crust or use ready-made rye crackers before making white kvass.
Stir well again and place in a warm place. Kvass should ferment - it usually lasts 2-3 days. As soon as strong fermentation stops, the drink can be considered ready.
Fold the gauze in several layers, strain the kvass and pour it into bottles or jars with lids. Store kvass in the refrigerator or cold cellar.
The precipitate that remains during the filtering of the drink is the starter. You can immediately put the next batch - pour the ferment with water and put it for fermentation. Before you make white kvass, mix the sugar with the flour and store in a glass jar - this greatly simplifies the preparation of this wonderful drink.
Home-made white kvass, cooked with sourdough, will ferment faster and be more effervescent, therefore it is perfect for okroshka and other cold soups. Cook fresh kvass from time to time to get a fresher sourdough. Using the leaven - sediment from the filtered drink, do not forget to add sugar.
In the old recipes white kvass was prepared with the addition of molasses and sugar syrup. You can make this wonderful drink with fruit additives - jam or berry juice. Then you get red and even pink kvass. The invigorating drink can be prepared with mint and lemon, with fresh and frozen berries.
How to cook light kvass
For many centuries, healing properties were attributed to this life-giving water, and in hospitals it was watered the patients as a medicine. Despite the wide range of this drink today, it is extremely difficult to find white kvass in shops, whose recipes have been preserved from antiquity. Therefore, we will now consider several ancient methods of cooking this historic Slavic refreshing bread "juice."
At the heart of any fermented drink is ferment - the activator of the fermentation process. It is thanks to her that this indescribable taste and characteristic kvass sparkling is achieved. With it, we will begin our culinary journey.
Sourdough for white kvass
If we have white kvass on the agenda, the benefits of which, by the way, are enormous and consist in the abundance of vitamins and minerals, as well as its ability to restore the water-salt balance, then we will prepare the fermentation composition for such a clarified miracle drink. . There are at least three old-fashioned methods of mixing the starter.
With such blanks you can easily make delicious, both white and dark kvass at home, you just add water, a little rye flour, sugar and put to wander for a few days.
But this option is the easiest and simplest, but with the addition of malt, the kvasok acquires an incomparable bread taste that refreshes and restores strength during the period of exhausting heat or after intense physical exertion.
And now we will figure out with all the subtleties how to prepare delicious light kvass with our own hands, for which we will need the following ingredients:
- We pour both malts into a deep bowl, mix them with a small amount of liquid, then add all the sifted flour to them, pour boiling water and knead the dough.
- After transferring the mass to the jug (vat, bucket, barrel, samovar, canister or other bulk vessel) and covering it with cotton cloth, remove our mixture in the heat for the night, well, or if it happens during the daytime, watch for 6.
- After this time, pour 3 liters of boiling water to the dough and mix everything very thoroughly so that there is not a hint of lumps. And when the wort is well cooled, but it will still be a little warm, add yeast starter and sugar to it.
- Everything is now a matter of time. Leave the liquid in a cool place for a couple of days, then filter, bottle, cool and shred okroshka.
If you aim to find out which kvass is the most delicious, then the majority of the respondents will call the bread drink. And they will be right, because this “juice”, infused on crackers or fresh slices, captivates all tasters from the first sip. Right now we will prepare this bread nectar from white bread.
How to cook homemade kvass
It is not necessary to buy delicious kvass, kvass can be easily prepared correctly and by yourself. Home-made kvass, stronger, invigorating and tasty. For its preparation of kvass will need products that almost always have any hostess. This is rye bread, preferably stale. If the bread is fresh, then it should be cut into cubes and dried in the oven. Then dried crackers are placed in a three-liter jar and poured with water at room temperature, pre-boiled and cooled. Add sugar (three tablespoons), yeast (one hundred grams) to the water where the crackers are located, and mix everything.
Kvass fermentation process
The bank must be covered with a lid, wrapped and left to ferment the mixture. To make brew turned out faster, you can add more sugar to speed up the process. Usually the drink is ready to be consumed after two days. Before use, kvass should be drained using gauze. In the resulting liquid, you need to add another spoonful of sugar and let it brew for another six hours without insulation. Then homemade kvass made at home is bottled and cooled before use. The remaining thick need to shift to another three-liter jar. It will serve as a starter for the following servings of tasty kvass. Three or four spoons of it will be enough for sourdough kvass, and you need to cook using the same technology as the first time. To ferment for kvass does not deteriorate, it is best to keep it in the refrigerator.
How to make sourdough kvass
The recipe and method of cooking sourdough for tasty kvass.
Homemade kvass from rye bread, which is baked at modern bakery plants, does not have a special strength and flavor. It depends on the fact that when cooking bread, various additives are often used, the presence of which affects the taste of kvass. In order for kvass to be especially similar to the one that was prepared in the distant past, it is advisable to make it in leaven. There are a huge number of recipes for making sourdough starters for delicious kvass. To make the simplest leaven of the kvass, you need to take dry yeast, mix them with a tablespoon of sugar and two spoons of flour.
Everything is mixed, poured half a glass of lukewarm water, wrapped and costs half an hour.
Another way to get homemade sourdough for kvass, using more time-consuming technology. 500 grams of rye bread are crumbled into enameled dishes, add half a liter of water, the temperature of which is not higher than 75 degrees. After swelling bread should get a homogeneous mass. Then the yeast diluted with water is added there, but there should be a little of them, and a teaspoon of salt and sugar. The mass that came out, you need to wrap and leave for half an hour. Without ceasing to interfere with the mass, half a liter of boiling water is poured in there and again the ferment is left to ferment for two hours. If more time passes, then kvass can be cloudy. The resulting dough is placed in a preheated oven at a low temperature for one hour. If during this time the pastry is burnt, then the brew will be dark.
Cooked cake is broken into small pieces and put in a saucepan of five liters. After that, pour all the boiling water completely.
After two hours the wort will be ready, it can be drained. Then the leaven will settle at the bottom of the pan. If you make kvass out of it one more time, it will be brighter.
In order to start the process of fermenting kvass, it is necessary to add a little yeast and sugar to it. Dishes should be closed or left without a lid. The main thing that the pan was not added to the top. Because during fermentation, the foam can climb over the edge. It would be better if the dishes with the wort must be corked. In this case, the drink will be stronger and more saturated. Usually, two or three days are enough for fermentation, after which the kvass is filtered and placed in a cool place for about a week.
Let us turn to recipes for different types of kvass, but which one do you like to choose for you personally, but believe all the kvass recipes are very tasty and homemade.
Cooking dry kvass at home
The recipe for making dry kvass and home.
Currently, the industry produces semi-finished products in the form of dry kvass, from which they prepare the drink. To make it, dry kvass should be poured into a saucepan and pour a liter of boiling water, cover and leave for twenty minutes. If the powder is badly mixed, then the lumps should be crushed, add more boiling water (fifteen liters) and stir again. Dry kvass is cooled to a temperature of 35 degrees. In order to get ready-made tasty kvass, you need to add yeast to the dry one, which is diluted with water. Everything should be kneaded and left to ferment for three hours. After adding the sugar, the drink is bottled, sealed tightly and wrapped.
After kvass begins to ferment, the bottles are placed in cold weather. Usually kvass from dry powder is ready for use in a day.
Cooking white kvass
For the recipe of cooking white kvass at home, you must use rye flour (300 grams), filling it with three liters of boiling water. The mixture is kneaded until all the lumps disappear. After obtaining a homogeneous mixture, sugar is poured into it and honey is added, approximately one hundred grams. In the mixture cooled to 35 degrees add raisins and sourdough. If there is no leaven, you can cook it or use slices of rye bread. Ware with all the ingredients you need to cover and leave covered for 1, 5 days.
Preparation of alcoholic kvass
How to make alcoholic brew? No problems! The recipe for alcoholic brew is simple.
In order to make alcoholic kvass fermentation of the wort is necessary, therefore, the finished drink contains a little more than 1% alcohol. For this type of kvass they use barley malt, rye flour, rye bread crackers, crushed in advance, molasses, raisins and water. Using malt, flour and water, knead the dough, cover the dough and leave for about an hour to come. Then the dough is placed in the form and in the oven for three hours. During this period, the dough is steamed, it is kneaded, hot water is added to make it liquid, and left in a warm place for a day.
After that, lay it in a dish, sprinkled with stale bread, raisins, pour water and knead the dough again. After a day, the wort is drained into another dish, and what is left is poured again with boiling water. After five hours, the wort once again merges.
In the infusion of mint pour wort, adding molasses and raisins. Put in a warm place for a couple of hours, after in the cold. Then the dishes are closed and cleaned for ten days, after which the alcoholic brew will be ready.
You got acquainted with how to make kvass at home by yourself, find out what types of this drink can be prepared at home, so that in the warm season you can not only quench your thirst, but also please your family and friends with this invigorating fizzy drink. Now the choice is how to make kvass for you. Вы сможете подобрать подходящий вам рецепт кваса. Our сайт советов желает вам приятного приготовления домашнего кваса! Будьте с нами