A laptop, like any technique, requires care. It is necessary to monitor not only the internal state of the device (checking for viruses, protection against overheating, etc.), but also the appearance, since this factor can also have a negative impact on work. How and how can you clean the laptop screen at home?
What are the pollution and how to get rid of them?
The types, methods and means of cleaning the monitor are directly dependent on stains and dirt.
The better to clean the laptop screen depending on the pollution? There are several options:
- simple dust - this is ordinary pollution, which is eliminated with a regular dry cloth or napkin. Periodic dusting will save you from many problems, improve computer performance. You can use cellophane or cling film. Dust sticks to it, thereby removing from the screen. With this method, the laptop must be disconnected from the network. Dust processor can be cleaned with a brush or even a vacuum cleaner. This should be done carefully and only with the device turned off and cooled down,
- dirt, dots and streaks from insects - It is necessary to wipe with special wet wipes, which can be found in any store. Such dirt can not be rubbed with your fingers, so as not to damage the liquid crystal display. You can use a normal wet cloth, but you need to squeeze it well, because water droplets adversely affect the screen, the more they can get on the processor, which can lead to damage,
- greasy and hard stains - well removed with soapy water. It is better to use ordinary baby soap.
What can not be used when cleaning the screen?
In order not to damage or damage the monitor, can not use:
- paper napkins,
- terry towels and rags,
- coarse fabric
- kitchen sponges
- toilet paper.
All these devices can scratch the screen or leave the villi, which are then difficult to remove. Also, using sponges or ordinary napkins, divorces will be inevitable, which then again need to be washed off.
Frequent use of these materials leads to the erasure of the anti-reflective coating, which leads to the formation of small cracks. Do not peel off contamination with your fingers and nails, with sharp objects (knife, blade), this also damages the LCD screen.
Alcohol solutions should not be used because they adversely affect the antiglare film. It is also not advised to use means for washing windows or dishes and wet wipes for personal hygiene. Their composition is not suitable for laptop monitors and may adversely affect.
You can not clean the screen when the computer is turned on, this can significantly reduce the service life of the device or ruin its appearance.
Useful tips: clean the monitor correctly
In order for your laptop to serve for a long time and efficiently, dust and dirt did not clog up in hard to reach places; data tips:
- To effectively remove dust, you need to use microfiber cloths,
- when wiping the display, it is not necessary to press on it, the movements should be in different directions,
- the more often you use appliances, the more often you need to clean it,
- if dust gets into hard to reach places, you can use cotton swabs for cleaning,
- materials need to be used clean, alcohol free and excess water,
- Before cleaning, it is advisable to turn off the computer and check if it is cold. Only after this wipe,
- if you processed the monitor with wet wipes and rags, then you need to turn on the laptop only after the display is completely dry,
- A good cleaning option would be to replace ordinary water with a weak solution of vinegar. This tool is much more efficient and will be able to remove a variety of contaminants,
- You can buy special tools for laptop maintenance in the hardware store (wet wipes, solutions, gels, sprays, etc.),
- Matte and glossy monitors should be cleaned differently. The first type of screens can be wiped with wet rags, but glossy displays require a more careful approach, and they should be cleaned very carefully, trying to cover the maximum area at a time. You should also avoid strong pressure and wet cleaning,
- if pieces of food, drops of hot drinks get on the monitor, then cleaning should be carried out immediately,
- paints and varnishes also need to be quickly removed without smearing them across the entire monitor (since then they will be very difficult to clean),
- if the spots have dried, you can remove them with a wooden spatula or a stick (but by no means with sharp objects). This should be done without pressure and very carefully. If you can not scrape off, you can try soak them with a damp cloth or a solution of soapy water,
- if it is impossible to remove complex and stubborn stains by yourself, then it is better to return the laptop to the service center.
Step 1: Make a special cleaning fluid.
More effectively than others, the surface of the laptop is cleaned with a special liquid that removes greasy traces better than ordinary water. To make it your own hands, mix distilled water with vinegar in equal proportions. For this fit a simple bottle. You can mix a large amount at once so that it is enough for several times.
Step 4: Wipe Computer Screen
The most important thing is not to damage the pixels, so wipe the display without additional pressure. Modern devices have special coatings that are very easy to clean. It is enough just to hold a rag over it, barely touching the surface, and there will be no dust on the screen at all.
Attention! Do not use acetone, alcohol and other chemical compounds to clean the screen. They can spoil the technique. The composition, which is given in this article, is neutral to cover, therefore it will be safe for equipment, including for televisions.
Step 5: Clean the screen frame and the main body of the laptop
The frames around the screen often seem clean, but they still need to be cleaned. About the main part of the laptop so to speak it is impossible. Around the keyboard accumulates a lot of traces and dirt from the hands. Over time, greasy traces appear there, and ordinary dust from there does not disappear anywhere. Therefore, it is also necessary to walk on it with a cloth with a cleaning composition. Do not forget about the touchpad.
Step 6: Remove the dirt from the keyboard
For this, ear sticks will be useful. They should be lightly moistened with cleaning fluid and then circled around each button. This will remove the dirt from the hard-to-reach place - the gaps between the buttons. You can also wipe the keys themselves.
There is nothing difficult in cleaning the laptop. This process is quite simple, and it does not need to spend a lot of time. The whole procedure will take 10 minutes. It is recommended to clean the laptop case twice a month depending on the intensity of use of the device. If you keep your laptop clean, all its surfaces will look like new even after a few years.
How to clean?
Of course, it is best to clean the dust from not only the display, because sooner or later any component of the computer may suffer from the effects of dust. However, it turned out that the monitor is the first to take the blow of pollution, giving the computer a sloppy look. In order for the technician to serve as long as possible, it is necessary to know exactly how to wipe the computer screen.
Cleaning the surface is not recommended too often, as the protective coating of the laptop may not always be resistant to frequent mechanical stress. It is more efficient to clean it as dirt accumulates (about once a month), and a few dust particles can simply be removed with a piece of microfiber cloth. More frequent care will be needed if food is constantly eaten near the computer - in this mode, cleaning should be done every one to two weeks.
To reduce the number of cleanups you need to be more careful with your gadgets. To keep your computer from becoming dirty quickly, you should follow these guidelines:
- no need to put too close to a laptop food or drink,
- no need to wipe the spray with your fingers,
- you should buy a special protective film, created specifically for monitors with touch controls,
- You should not allow children and pets to the display,
- fresh contaminants must be removed immediately, since dried spots are much more difficult to remove,
- dust will be properly removed regularly, since it is characteristic of the attraction of a static charge.
How and what to wipe the monitor?
Keeping the computer device clean at home will be helped by various methods. First of all, you should know how not to clean the laptop:
- it is not recommended to use alcohol or alcohol wipes, as this may lead to dissolution of the antiglare film,
- In no case should you use household household chemicals for dishes or windows,
- it’s better not to use napkins or paper towels - they contain sharp wooden particles that can scratch the plane,
- You should not use cosmetic wipes designed for hygiene, since their composition is absolutely not suitable for equipment, in addition, after the application may remain unpleasant stains,
- Any abrasive products are prohibited.
If you need to clean the screen, and the necessary tools are not available at hand, the best way out is to temporarily leave things as they are, so as not to harm the device. Before cleaning, you need to make sure that the unit is not connected to the network, and then follow these recommendations:
- Lint-free fabric is best for cleaning.
- Wipe the monitor smoothly, without pressing on the plane.
- Do not spray special cleaning sprays directly on the screen, so as not to let them seep inside.
- It is not recommended to remove nail contamination: if they are not cleaned on the first attempt, it is best to take another one.
- During cleaning, the monitor must be held to prevent its accidental tipping over.
- In the corners of the monitor, cotton swabs or a toothpick wrapped in cloth can help protect against dust.
- Turn on the device only after it dries completely.
For high-quality care for the surface of laptops using cleansers and traditional methods. Among the cleansing agents have the greatest efficiency:
- wet wipes made for monitors,
- kits consisting of dry and wet wipes,
- cloth spray,
- microfiber fabrics.
Wet varieties are the best option, because they cope with almost all the pollution and at the same time suitable for any electronic devices. In addition, they perfectly relieve static stress.
Kits with dry cloths allow additional removal of moisture from the devices and do not leave streaks. Microfiber is used to effectively collect dust, as well as quickly remove greasy traces, and sprays - to destroy stains. It is recommended to use different types of sprays not on the device itself, but on the fabric, which later needs to be wiped off the computer.
If the screen needs urgent cleaning, and there are no special tools, you can wipe it with a damp, lint-free cloth moistened with water, then wipe dry with a microfiber cloth. This method is very affordable and does not require costs, but it does not provide antistatic protection.
How to clean the screen of a laptop, computer, TV?
To care for the monitor you will need two things: a napkin (and preferably two or three) and cleaning fluid. You may think that it doesn’t matter at all what material the LCD monitor is wiped with. In fact, an improperly chosen screen cloth can leave scratches on the monitor surface. So how do you clean your laptop screen? What fabric is suitable for cleaning screens, and what - no? Let's look at the most common materials for cleaning monitors.
Paper and paper napkins. Paper is not suitable for the care of LCD monitors, but it perfectly cleans the screens of phones and tablets, however, only if they are made of Gorilla Glass. If the screen has a plastic coating, then the paper may scratch it.
Cotton wool and cotton pads. Like paper, it is only suitable for cleaning the glass screens of tablets and phones. On the plastic can leave microscratches.
Wipes to care for the screens. Not the cheapest, but the easiest option. Such napkins do not scratch the surface, and their impregnation does not leave stains. However, be careful when choosing wet wipes and do not buy cheap ones, as they contain alcohol, which can corrode the plastic covering of the screen. Remember that wet wipes for appliances dry quickly, so give preference to those in which each napkin is individually packed in an airtight sachet.
Dishwashing sponge or foam sponge. Categorically can not be used to care for the screen, especially the same, which you have already washed the dishes! The sponge absorbs dust and scratches the screen, especially its rough side. Do not use a melamine sponge for wiping the monitor - you will leave deep scratches on the plastic!
Synthetic napkin. It is not suitable for cleaning plastic coating of screens, as it leaves scratches. Also very strongly attracts dust.
Microfiber. The best material for the care of the screens. Microfiber cleans well both glass and plastic without scratching them. But microfiber microfibre is different: microfiber cloths intended for cleaning are not suitable for the care of the monitor. But microfiber for glasses and optics is suitable for cleaning LCD screens.
Cotton napkin. Oddly, not the best choice. Cotton fibers are rather coarse in their structure, because of which the screen cover will scratch and will look worn over time. In addition, a pile of cotton napkins will stick to the screen, and completely remove it - not an easy task. But if you still decide to use a wipe made of natural material to wipe the monitor, always moisten it with a special detergent or distilled water before the procedure.
In addition to the material, you will need liquid to clean the monitor. You can buy it in the store (make sure that there is no alcohol in it) or make it yourself.
How to make liquid to care for the monitor at home?
First, you will need a base for the solution - water. You will have to take distilled water that does not contain salts and minerals that can scratch the screen. No other water — neither mineral nor tap water — will work.
Secondly, you will need to add a cleaning component to the water. In the best case, it is vinegar, which is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1. However, even if you add more vinegar, you will not spoil the monitor.
If you do not have vinegar vinegar, add isopropyl alcohol or vodka in the same proportions. But remember that such a tool can not be used constantly, because alcohol eats away the coating of the monitor.
Also on the Internet you can find that instead of a cleaning component, you can take baby soap shavings and dissolve it in water, but this composition is not effective for cleaning screens, since soap stains remain after it.
And in no case do not add ammonia-containing substances to your homemade liquid as a cleaning component, for example, window cleaner! Ammonia can react with the screen covering, which causes whitish spots on it.
Proper care of the monitor: instructions
So, you have a napkin and a monitor cleaner. What to do next? Just follow our instructions.
1. De-energize the monitor. Do not wipe the monitor on at all: not only will you hardly see dust and pollution, but also the risk of electric shock.
2. Wipe the entire monitor, except for the screen, with a separate cloth.
3. Wipe the monitor screen with a dry cloth, almost without pressing on it. If you have a cotton napkin, slightly moisten it in distilled water.
4. If dust accumulates in the corners of the screen, do not try to get it with a fingernail or a needle, as this will damage the coating. To remove dust from the corners of the screen, use a syringe and blow out all the dust.
5. Apply the cleaning solution to the cloth (not to the monitor!). If you have applied a lot of solution, squeeze the cloth.
6. Lightly wipe the screen with a napkin. Do not scrub the stains, but rather allow the cleaning agent to dissolve them, and then wipe the places with heavy pollution again.
7. Wipe the screen with a dry cloth.
How to wipe the screen with a glossy finish?
Cleaning the glossy screen in the sequence of actions is no different from cleaning the matte one, but there are several subtleties that it is desirable to take into account.
First, it is undesirable to wipe the glossy screen with a dry cloth, even if it is a microfiber cloth, because such a coating is very easy to scratch.
Secondly, do not forget to wash the napkin every time after use, as dust accumulates during cleaning. Если просто стряхнуть салфетку, то часть этой пыли останется в волокнах и будет царапать экран.
В-третьих, протирайте глянцевый экран не круговыми движениями, а движениями в одном направлении по горизонтали или вертикали.
And fourthly, after cleaning the glossy screen does not need to wipe with a dry cloth. Just wait until it dries.
How to clean the screen of the tablet and phone?
The touch screen can be cleaned in the same way as the LCD screen, but only without using any household chemicals (except for specially designed), especially containing alcohol or bleach. The fact is that most touchscreens have oleophobic coating, that is, repulsive fats. Therefore, fingerprints can easily be wiped off with a regular microfiber cloth.
If on the touch screen there are splashes, drips and other old stains, then they can be wiped off with a microfiber cloth moistened with distilled water. Just do not wet the napkin too much: if the moisture gets inside your gadget, it can break.
What can wipe the monitor?
You can remove stains from the monitor surface in different ways, but it is important to know what is allowed to wipe it and what is not. To begin, select the appropriate material on which you will apply the product. This may be a piece of waste tissue, but well absorbent and not having a nap, the particles of which will invariably settle on the display and adhere to it.
Do not wipe the monitor and dry paper towels, which also leave trash on the surface. Towels, coarse and embossed materials, foam or melamine sponges that violate the integrity of the coating and leave stains will not work. Old fabrics are also undesirable, as their fibers are destroyed and deposited on surfaces.
You can use a flannel cloth or microfiber cloth purchased in the store. Many are interested in whether it is possible to remove dust with a wet cloth? If it is designed specifically for these purposes, then it is possible and even preferable to apply it. But the usual sanitary napkin is not suitable, as it is very moist, and impregnation may contain components that damage the protective coating of the screen. As a result, the monitor will remain divorces, the image will deteriorate, and over time there may be breakdowns.
It is equally important to choose a cleanser. It should not be aggressive, as when using a protective anti-glare coating of the monitor will be damaged. It is undesirable to use compounds containing alcohol, acetone, ammonia, concentrated acids: they all penetrate into the outer layer of the display and destroy it. The presence of abrasive particles is unacceptable, as they inevitably leave scratches on the surface. The tool should be effective, but gentle and careful.
How to clean your computer monitor at home?
To clean your computer monitor, follow the instructions:
- First, turn off the instrument and unplug it from the mains to avoid malfunctions and short circuits due to moisture ingress into the case.
- You should wait for the computer to completely cool down: if its surface is hot, it may affect the cleaning process and change the properties of some of the tools used for processing (so they may become more aggressive or evaporate prematurely from the surface).
- Prepare two clean rags. To remove dust, use a dry one: wipe the screen with it, moving from one edge to another. Do not press on the display too hard so as not to damage the pixels. Also hold it with your free hand to avoid an accidental fall.
- If there are noticeable stains on the display, for example, traces of drinks or food, dead insects, then moisten a cloth, but not much: it should be wet, but not wet. Treat the screen, paying particular attention to contaminated areas. But do not try to scrape away the pollution! It is better to carry out the procedure several times. If this does not help, apply the product to a rag, slightly increasing the usual dosage, treat the problem area, wait, and then carefully remove the contamination with a damp rag.
- After wet processing, wipe the computer with a dry cloth to completely remove all residual moisture and to avoid the appearance of stains.
Do not clean too often. So, one-time dry treatment per week is enough. Wet cleaning is carried out less often - once or twice a month as it is contaminated. If the screen gets dirty strongly and quickly (for example, because of the habit of drinking and eating around it), then wipe it with a moistened cloth more often - weekly.
There are specialized cleansers designed to care for the computer display and are made with regard to the characteristics of its coating. You can buy them in a store or department of equipment and electrical appliances. You can visit the usual large supermarket and find a zone of electronics and accessories to care for it.
On sale can be found napkins. They have no lint, are made of soft materials and therefore do not damage the display coating. Wipes can be wet, completely ready for use and impregnated with cleaning agents, naturally, suitable for screen processing, including modern liquid crystal. Dry ones are ideal for removing dust and can be supplemented with cleaning agents. Often, manufacturers include in packaging both wet and dry wipes, which can be used to clean not only a computer or laptop, but also a TV, tablet, phone, and other gadgets and appliances with a display.
Several home computer screen cleaning methods:
- It is possible to remove the dust settled on a surface by a usual polyethylene or cellophane bag. Its static electricity will literally attract dust particles by removing them from the display. And to enhance the attraction, you can additionally rub the bag on any synthetic fabric, your own hair or pet hair.
- It is possible to clean the monitor from dust and a balloon. The principle of operation is the same as the cellophane package. In order to “charge” a ball, that is, to increase the charge of static electricity, it can be rubbed against a wool product, hair, cat fur, a soft toy, or a fluffy synthetic material. And then bring it to the display, but do not touch: dust particles and without contact will be attracted.
- If there are no special means at hand, and cleaning is urgently required, use ordinary soap, but not non-economic, containing alkali. Suitable for children or liquid, but preferably without dyes and with a minimum content of flavors and other chemical additives. Prepare a glass of water, heat it to 35-36 degrees and dissolve two tablespoons of liquid or about 10-15 grams of solid soap. Mix everything thoroughly and moisten a soft cloth in the finished soap solution, squeeze it well.
- You can clean the screen with table vinegar 9%. But it is used in minimal dosages: in a glass of warm water you need to dissolve one or two tablespoons. Apply the obtained home remedy on a rag, squeeze it and start processing. After this cleaning, wash the cloth and wipe the surface again. And then wipe the display completely dry cloth.
- You can apply citric acid, but very carefully. In 150 milliliters of warm water, dissolve literally a quarter or a third of a small spoonful of powder so that not a single grain remains. In this liquid, wet the cloth and treat the display, then wipe with a damp, clean cloth and then dry.
Video: how to wipe the screen?
Tips and tricks
To properly clean the computer screen, follow the recommendations:
- Do not spray the sprays directly on the display; they may be applied exclusively on a napkin or cloth. If moisture gets into the case, it will cause serious damage or even failure.
- Do not wet the cloth too much, be sure to squeeze it well and do not allow the presence of excess moisture on the display surface.
- To wipe the screen without staining, do not put on the rag selected means in large quantities, do not move randomly (it is better to go from one edge to another), do not overwet the napkin and be sure to wipe the display dry.
- If the contamination is significant, then you should wash the wiping material well several times to achieve complete removal of stains, prevent stains and get a perfectly clean surface.
- Before carrying out the procedure, it is desirable to study the instructions attached to the device. It may contain recommendations regarding care and maintenance of cleanliness. And if you purchased a specialized tool, then inspect the packaging and find instructions on the application.
- To avoid significant contamination, do not drink and eat in front of the computer: try to do it in the kitchen or at least move away from the device as much as possible while eating and drinking.
- Do not touch the monitor with your hands, otherwise it will leave marks and noticeable prints, especially if the fingers were dirty.
- To protect gadgets and keep them clean, you can stick a protective thin film on the display that prevents contamination and prolongs the life of the screen.
- If there are children in the house, it is advisable to place the computer or laptop in an area inaccessible to them.
- Fresh dirt is removed faster and easier, so if a stain from a drink, insect, or food appears on the screen, remove it immediately. And for this you can use wetted with water and a well wrung cloth or a specialized napkin.
- It is necessary to clean not only the monitor, but also the computer case, because the dust moves from it, is attracted to the display and re-pollutes it, almost immediately.
- Turn on the device only after the display is completely dry.
- The corners of the display, recesses in the case and other hard-to-reach areas can be cleaned with cotton swabs or toothpicks wrapped with a special napkin or a small piece of moistened lint-free cloth.
- Before the procedure, it is recommended to remove the jewelry in the form of bracelets and rings, as they may accidentally damage the display during wiping.
- Do not scrape the screen with nails, a knife and other sharp objects, because it may remain scratched or chipped.
- If the monitor is cleaned, now it does not turn on, then perhaps water or cleaning agent got into the case. In this case, it will have to disassemble and completely dry. But such manipulations should be entrusted to a specialist. If moisture gets into important parts, they can fail, which will require repair. To avoid such problems, do not violate the cleaning rules.
To keep the computer display clean and the image quality, keep it clean and follow a few important rules.
How to wipe the monitor
To wipe the computer screen, you need to purchase all the necessary tools for the procedure in the store:
1. Wet wipes designed for cleaning monitors. Make sure that they are suitable for TFT TN, TFT IPS matrices. They must be made from lint-free material. Pay special attention to the composition of the impregnation. It should not contain alcohol. Preference should be given to wipes soaked in water, which do not leave streaks. For divorces are more sensitive glossy screens, wipe them with great care. At one time it is desirable to capture a large area.
Use for cleaning the monitor wet wipes should be as follows:
- wipe the display with a damp cloth, capturing all the corners,
- waiting for the napkin to dry,
- re-wipe the screen with a dry cloth
- re-wiping with a dry cloth ensures no stains and a clean shine of the monitor.
2. Dry napkins. Cleaning wipes can be wet or dry. They remove not only dirt, dust, but also have the ability to relieve static voltage. They can be combined to eliminate contamination from the screen. Such a set of dry and wet wipes can be purchased in the computer salon. Moist impregnated with a special composition, thanks to which all the dirt from the screen is quickly and efficiently eliminated. Dry is designed to remove residual moisture, dirt.
3. Complex for cleaning a laptop monitor. It includes a bottle with a cleaning spray, packaging of dry wipes. Liquid from a bottle cannot be sprayed on the screen. A small amount of liquid is applied to one of the napkins, then the surface is rubbed. The second wipe the display wipe dry.
4. Fabrics designed for wiping glasses. Microfiber is considered ideal in cleansing stains from the display. It is designed to collect dust, eliminate stains, greasy stains from sensitive surfaces. Efficiency this fabric owes its structure.
5. High-quality cotton pads. If the quality is low, cotton wool will fall out of the discs, lint sticking to the monitor will stick to the monitor.
Monitor Care Wipes
How to clean the monitor without cost
There are many simple, but not always economical monitor cleaning options. But in some cases it is necessary to solve the problem of how to wipe the laptop screen at home, so that the costs are minimal. There are enough options, the main thing is that they are safe for your laptop and you.
How can I wipe the laptop screen if you do not have enough money to buy a special kit or spray? In this case, you can use the elementary means: water, soap. We offer the following options for the use of these substances:
- Use plain water. Due to the poor quality of tap water, it is recommended to buy it in the store. We moisten a lint free cloth with this liquid, wipe the display. Rag can be made of such materials: flannel, cotton, microfiber. With this method of cleaning the screen from contamination, it is important to ensure that water does not penetrate into the corners of the matrix, on the keyboard, inside the case of the laptop. The rag should be wet but not wet. The display should be parallel to the floor.
- Use soap solution. Usually used "Baby" soap for cleaning matte displays. Initially, the monitor is wiped with a cloth moistened with a solution, then the cloth is rinsed out well, wring out, and the screen is wiped dry. Before cleaning the monitor, dust it off with a dry cloth.
Folk Remedies computer screen
We describe how you can properly clean the computer monitor at home, without harming the equipment.
It is difficult to choose a screen care product, because the assortment on the counters of specialized stores is great. In addition, not everyone has enough money to buy an extra can of spray. In such cases, you can do with folk remedies that can clean the laptop screen:
- To remove dust, use a plastic, plastic bag. Dumps will be attracted to it due to static electricity. Strengthen attraction, you can rubbing the package on synthetic fabric.
- Use a balloon. It works like a bag, but rubbing a product to increase static electricity should be about wool, hair, a soft toy, a fleecy synthetic material.
- Normal soap (not economic). It is desirable that the soap was not dye, flavoring, chemical additives or their minimum content. In a glass of water (35 - 36 degrees) dissolve a liquid soap (2 tbsp. L.), Stir, moisten a rag, wring out, wipe the monitor.
- Table vinegar (9%). On a glass of warm water take 2 tbsp. l means, we put on a rag, we squeeze out, we process a dirty surface. Once again we wash the weave, wipe the surface. At the end of the display wipe with a dry cloth.
- Lemon acid. In warm water (150 ml) dissolve completely 1/3 or ¼ of a teaspoon of powder. Dampen a cloth with liquid, clean the monitor, wipe it with a damp cloth, wipe it with a dry cloth at the end.
What should not be used to clean the LCD
Wipe the laptop monitor can not by all means. Not every sponge is suitable for this procedure. Bad material, inept use of cleaning products can damage the display:
- random scratches,
- damage to the LCD display due to the use of unsuitable cleaning fluid,
- destruction of liquid crystals (with a very strong pressure on the screen).
Some detergents contain substances that gradually destroy the surface of the monitor. Before you start cleaning, see the list of actions that can not be used to wash the LCD-screen:
- Cloth with a nap, a terry towel. These materials leave small threads on the surface that stick to the laptop. Villi can scratch the screen.
- Paper products, paper napkins. If you clean them with LCDs, particles of material will remain on its surface. They damage the screen in the same way as threads and lint from fabrics.
- Any brushes.
- Rough, tough fabrics.
- Waffle towels (these products can scratch the screen).
- Foam sponges for washing dishes. This material leaves stains. Therefore, this cleaning will entail another. Sponge pores can keep dust, grains of sand, crumbs that damage the LCD.
Если для очищения пятен жира, отпечатков пальцев, пыли вы решили использовать моющее средство, не применяйте с этой целью такие:
- Средства, в составе которых присутствует ацетон, спирт. Эти вещества оказывают разрушающее воздействие на антибликовое покрытие. После первой чистки дисплея таким средством повреждений вы можете не заметить. But already at this time there are microcracks, which will expand over time. If alcohol mixtures are used to clean the screen regularly, it will affect the appearance of the glass. It will look transparent from the side. In this case, it will be noticeable that it is not new.
- Scouring powder, abrasive compounds. They leave scratches on the screen.
- Soda. This popular method is recommended for scrubbing different types of dirt at home. This tool, of course, does an excellent job of removing burned food from the stove, but it is not suitable for removing greasy stains from the display.
It is strongly not recommended to use tools for the care of monitors that are not intended for this. Not every screen can withstand wet cleaning with the use of tools such as polish, shampoo, and window cleaner.
To clean the monitor screen, it is best to use specially designed tools.
If you have to clean the monitor, initially turn off the laptop computer. Turn off the need, not just extinguishing the screen or activating the standby mode. It is necessary to unplug the device from the outlet. At the time of the cleaning procedure, the equipment display must be completely de-energized.
It is important to know how to clean the dirty monitor of the home computer, how not to damage the glass, what you can use, and what is forbidden:
- Do not use cleaning products that contain alcohol, acetone.
- Do not scrape off dirt with any sharp object (knife, blade, scissors). To this end, you can use a rag with a special tool for cleaning the monitor. When cleaning heavy dirt, you can not rub the screen, it is better to walk twice through the dirt with a cloth than to ruin the display.
- Before cleaning the laptop, do not put the device on standby. It must be completely disabled. This caution will keep the device safe and secure.
- Use a lint-free wipe to clean the monitor to prevent the monitor from being scratched with abrasive particles.
- To clean the corners of the monitor from pollution, dust is recommended to use cotton swabs.
- If the spot is complex, it should initially be wiped with a special tool applied to the cloth, after a few minutes it is removed with soft movements. When cleaning the monitor with suitable means for this technique, hold the screen with your free hand. This is necessary in order to prevent the device from falling.
- To clean hard-to-reach places, crevices, you can use a toothpick, which you wrap in a napkin.
- Wipe the display in one direction (either horizontally or vertically). It is important that the movements are light. Do not press on the screen.
- Hands need to be prepared for work. They remove all the jewelry that can scratch the monitor (bracelet, ring, watch).
- If the display is too dusty, dirty, experts recommend replacing the cleaning material, rinse it between sets.
- Turn on the laptop, you need a computer after the procedure.
In order not to damage the display when cleaning the laptop computer, you should avoid contamination. To do this, follow the basic rules:
- Do not wipe the display with bare hands. This may cause the appearance of divorces, prints on the coating.
- Do not touch the screen unnecessarily.
- Do not put in front of the screen cups of hot drinks, plates of food. Hot fumes will settle on the LCD like fat stains. Accidental splashes can contaminate the monitor, keyboard.
- If the screen is a touch screen, be sure to use a special protective film.
- Remove dirt stains while they are fresh. Old pollution is much more difficult to clean.
- Make sure that children do not touch the monitor. They love to draw with a pen. Such contamination is difficult to clean. According to reviews, you can remove ink from the display with water, soap, wet wipes and bleach. But the scratch from the ball can remain.
Dust screen cleaning
- Turn off the laptop and let it cool. Use the simple way with a thin cellophane bag. In this case, you will help physics and static electricity, obtained by contact between the package and the screen. You will see dust adhere to cellophane.
- Do not be lazy to regularly wipe the monitor. It is easy enough to get rid of dust, it is only necessary to use a special microfiber cloth. You can also take a cosmetic tampon and wipe the surface of the monitor with it without pressure.
- With the help of microfiber cloths, other similar surfaces can be cleaned: compact disks, glasses, camera lens, etc. The principle of operation is that the fibers cut by a special method attract dust and microscopic substances.
- If the “dry” method does not help to get rid of stains, moisten the cloth so that there is no excess water. Be careful to monitor the humidity of the napkin, otherwise the drops will fall under the monitor body, as a result of which there will be visible stains on the matrix.
Napkins and monitors
- It is allowed to use simple wet wipes, if you do not have special ones at hand. Before using products, make sure that there is no alcohol in their composition. Try to choose not very wet wipes, so you will avoid streaks on the screen. You can re-wipe the monitor with a lint-free cloth.
What not to do
- There are certain materials that are not recommended to clean the monitor at home. These include terry towels, toilet paper, a rough cloth with an abrasive nap, paper napkins, kitchen sponges.
- When using the above compositions will always remain lint, so there is a risk of scratching the screen. Sponges, in turn, leave stains. Do not be stingy and get quality products for the care of LCD displays. The only thing worth paying attention to is the absence of alcohol in this product.
- The use of such wipes threatens that with frequent use in a short time, the protective anti-reflective coating will simply be erased. The display of the gadget will begin to be covered with small cracks. When choosing a material do not forget to pay attention to the humidity of the napkin. The surface of the LCD has a feature to absorb water. For this reason, do not forget that the screen cleaning material must be slightly damp.
- Do not attempt to scrape off contamination from the LCD screen with the tip of your nail, as this will damage the protective anti-reflective coating. Do not use ordinary paper napkins, as when interacting with water, the paper dissolves and wood particles either scratch the surface or become clogged in hard-to-reach places.
- To remove dust, use microfiber cloths or a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Rubbing the screen, do not press on it, movements can be performed in different directions.
- If you often work at a laptop, cleaning should be appropriate for operation.
If you follow simple rules, putting your computer monitor in order is easy enough. Purchase special tools to clean the screen, use popular methods (table vinegar or soap solution). During the cleaning process, do not press on the display; make sure that no liquid droplets fall into the instrument case. Do not use abrasives or products containing alcohol.